• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SAM2 Results - 56 Entrants - San Antonio, TX

Nike.

Smash Hero
SAM2 Results
(San Antonio Monthly)
Otaku Cafe - 2/21/15
56 Entrants

Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Aerolink
$280.00
2nd
Espy
$112.00
3rd
Denti
$78.40
4th
Megafox
$50.40
5th
Dojo
$19.60
5th
Jopan
$19.60
7th
K Prime
7th
SnorlaxPie500
9th
Slush
9th
Cake
9th
Gnes
9th
Trela
13th
Gamma
13th
Zori
13th
HEB Paw
13th
Sync
17th
Greed
17th
FunCrazyFish
17th
Mindless
17th
Iam
17th
Speedy
17th
Incendiary
17th
Blackbear
17th
FelixFaction
25th
ouo
25th
Fire
25th
Geoberos
25th
PG
25th
Overdrive
25th
Enigma
25th
Nick
25th
KJ
33rd
Gaarc
33rd
Mondy
33rd
Orly
33rd
Remo
33rd
Eesu
33rd
Donte
33rd
Brian
33rd
Ph3lix
33rd
Lan
33rd
Clos3
33rd
Kefka
33rd
Jerry
33rd
Chuy
33rd
Marth Zami
33rd
NK
33rd
Jumbolias
49th
Izzy
49th
ChunKyFunKy
49th
Dave
49th
Nigma
49th
Zant
49th
Omega
49th
Zain
49th
HeroMystic

Doubles - 19 Teams

1: Espy & Megafox
2: Denti & Aerolink
3: K Prime & Slush
4: Zori & Sync
5: Trela & Gnes
5: Valdens & Incendiary
7: Dojo & Cake
7: Gama &NK
9: Remo & Jumbolias
9: Fatty & Joker
9: Paw & SnorlaxPie500
9: FunCrazyFish & KJ
13: Clos3 & Iam
13: Jopan & Mindless
13: ouo & Blackbear
13: Speedy & Overdrive
17: Orly & Eesu
17: Matt & Nick
17: FelixFaction & Ph3lix

Thank you to everyone who showed up! Not confirmed yet, but trying to secure SAM3 for March 14th. Might do shoutouts later.

Videos will be uploaded to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE7brHvleoGA30EWNsHKRSw

Denti

Smash Master
Well ran tourney. Thanks Nike. However I'm skeptical of a 3 stock 7 min timer. Whatever though, I agreed to the rules by entering so I can't complain. Dallas won though and we only showed up with less than half of our power level.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I saw comebacks and player adaption during the matches on stream. Brought to you by a good ruleset aka 3 stock 7min.

Thank you, Nike, for using real rules and not the garbage that Apex/Evo use.

Terms such as "legendary" and "hero" come to mind when I think about you.

#LongLiveRealRulesByRealTOsSuchAsNikeOhAndFukcDiddyKongTheLowSkillLowIQBananaBich

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Dunno, if you don't like the rules then please do stay out of our tournaments and continue losing to ALSM in Dallas.
Otherwise saying **** like we're not a real region and such is just plain rude especially since you lost to the very people that aren't considered a real region, if you really hate us then just move to New Jersey where they love killing scenes for a living.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I want to point out that the SAM rulesets are 100% the same as Xyro's TGC's, with the exception of the following counterpicks being banned:

-WuHu Island
-WiiFit Studio
-Coliseum

Houston and San Antonio just simply don't agree with 2 stock, 5 minute timer. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I want what's best for San Antonio and 100% of the players I know of from my city prefer the current ruleset. We may or may not make minor changes in the near future (which would be an overall community decision) but 2 stock, 5 minute timer is not one of those.

Xyro77

I want to point out that the SAM rulesets are 100% the same as Xyro's TGC's, with the exception of the following counterpicks being banned:

-WuHu Island
-WiiFit Studio
-Coliseum

Houston and San Antonio just simply don't agree with 2 stock, 5 minute timer. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I want what's best for San Antonio and 100% of the players I know of from my city prefer the current ruleset. We may or may not make minor changes in the near future (which would be an overall community decision) but 2 stock, 5 minute timer is not one of those.
Let me touch you. I prefer the nips.

image.jpg

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Dallas won though and we only showed up with less than half of our power level.
I have a feeling SAs power level is going to grow exponentially. Btw, we should do a 4v4 next time for hype! And send me a message if y'all need housing next time so you aren't driving back super late with like 5 hours sleep.

IHouston and San Antonio just simply don't agree with 2 stock, 5 minute timer. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I want what's best for San Antonio and 100% of the players I know of from my city prefer the current ruleset. We may or may not make minor changes in the near future (which would be an overall community decision) but 2 stock, 5 minute timer is not one of those.
I've always had the preference of less janky stages for counter picks, but I know that's just my personal preference. I understand why those stages are included even though I don't really like it. I do want Skyloft to burn for eternity in hell though.

Shout outs to Geoberos for basically manning the stream the whole time. Shout outs to Jopan for the pizza. Shout outs to Paw for having weed shakes, weed cookies, weed pizza, weed chewing gum, and weed deodorant before the tourney so that way I had a doubles partner who was floating on cloud nine shooting his stun gun at smashville balloons :)

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Houston only had Trela and rising players like Gnes, Zori and Sync. So less than half our "power level" was there.

Don't worry, TGC will be big whether you're there or not. Houston will.

Btw, San Antonio is definitely looking good in Smash 4. I honestly think y'all have the best "overall" player base. Just top player differences. TGC will be interesting!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
GGs to everyone I played! I'm fine with 3 stock even though I prefer 2 stock. And customs so I would play Palutena. :) Denti, iiGGY, and I (and potentially anyone else from our city) should be at TGC next week.

Also, can the L in AeroLink in the results be capitalized (if you don't mind)? @ Nike. Nike.

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Will post shoutouts after work. Will work on my half of the recordings as well. Fun games, but this stream monster should've been playing more friendlies.
:phone:

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I'd like to claim my 3 points for "IZZY". thought I'd do much better, but oh well. Was my first tourney ever. Had lots of fun though!

I used Mario and Capt. Falcon.

Also, whoever was claimed for "Zant" that is not the right Smashboards user.

This is the Zant that was in the tourney.
http://smashboards.com/members/zant532.230190/

He used Pikachu and Ness.

Zori

Smash Champion
This had to be the best run event I have ever went too and I been entering for 5-6 years I will always go to Nike events if I make it home at a reasonable time like I did

Zant532

Smash Rookie
NNID
Troy532
I'd like to claim my points. It seems someone took mine like my friend said. Can we get that fixed please? Overall was a good tourney, I learned a lot about my playing style and looking forward to enter future ones.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Yo so shoutouts here. I'm very glad I decided to drive to San Antonio for this. It was a bit last minute, but well worth it. You guys have such a strong community and a wonderful TO (Nike). The venue was such an excellence choice, complimented by a smoothly ran tourney. I appreciate all the work you guys put in to it.

1. Aerolink - Good on you to winning. You deserve it man.

2. Espy - Play more little mac. That was some of the hypest stuff I've seen

3. Denti - Change your smashboards picture please. Everytime I look at it I keep thinking it's Aerolink.

5. Jopan - I'll admit, I was very salty/upset about my matches with you. You truly made me feel helpless. Clearly I have a long way to go. I would never think about playing someone else besides donkey kong, so next time we meet I need to practice you more. I must learn how to at least put up a damn fight. Well played man.

7. K Prime - You should come to TGC please?

9. Slush - Got to play you in doubles and singles. Watch a treat. haha. Great yoshi man.

9. Trela - Good fun having you along. If i'm in the area again visiting NK we should hang out

13. Sync - Glad you could make it. Hope to you out to more tournaments again

17. FunCrazyFish - Those were some close matches man. I'm really impressed with that WiiFit Trainer

17. Iam - Forgive me but I believe you were the DK/Mario guy I faced first round. It always warms my heart to see another DK player. BUT THEN YOU CRUSHED IT WHEN YOU PICKED MARIO! like what?!

33. NK - Cmon step it up.

49. HeroMystic - Glad you came out to iHop with everyone. Good meeting you and hope to see you at TGC.

You can all be sure to see me at the next SAM. I hope to see many of you at TGC.

Jopan1026

Smash Cadet
I want to follow up with people I fought!

Nigma - Sorry to give you such a difficult first match. Don't let it discourage you from future tournaments!

Gamma - Great job on 13th! I love seeing people take characters you don't see often in tournament and making them good. I'm pretty sure I'll make it to TGC so maybe we can get a chance to play some more.

Denti - It was exciting playing you. Results were as expected, but I'm glad I at least put up a good fight. Knowing you have MU experience against Rosalina from playing Dabuz makes it all the better of an experience somehow. You should totally tell him about the cool Rosalina player you fought in San Antonio lol.

Blackbear - Good job repping Rosalina! Too bad it came down to only one of us continuing on. Rosalina ditto was definitely awkward for me. Only match in the whole tournament I considered switching characters.

Sync - Never fought greninja before! I literally don't even know his moveset. I knew his water could launch you, but it sure did make me have to adapt quickly.

Trela - It was really exciting getting the opportunity to play you! I've seen you play online before so it was very much a new level of smash 4 for me to be playing you. I wish I could play Robin like you. I feel like it can be really difficult for Robin to fight a Rosalina. It's also great that a great player like you can also be such a nice person. I'm really trying to make it out to TGC and hearing you say you wanted me to go just made me even more dedicated to make the effort to get there!

SP500 - Well, we play all the time so I don't know what to say. With all the wins you have over me I'm sorry it didn't go your way this time. If it wasn't for you though I probably would not have put up much of a fight against Denti, so thanks for that, and all the support you give to the San Antonio smash community! The stream and all that stuff.

Megafox - I finally got a chance to play you! It was awesome once again going toe to toe with so many top players in 1 day. I felt so out of place being that deep into the bracket. But I felt better knowing that I didn't just get wrecked, which would happen to me a lot previous times I'd find myself deep in bracket. I would put on such a weak performance while a top player just wiped the floor with me. So, I'm glad that didn't happen this time! lol

Good luck to everybody that will be at TGC. I'm excited to play more new people there if I make it there.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
:reverse:^ you're doing it wrong, results threads are for salt and crying. take that feel good stuff to a social thread

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
@ Dojo Dojo - Of all the Nikefests I attended, had never played ya. An honor to finally get that chance, though I cut that short with some nasty SDs.

Donte - GGs, man, Diddy Dittos can be as crazy as we make it. All good if you don't really play the game, but make the most fun out of it.

@ Espy Rose Espy Rose - sMACk sMACk K.O. PUNCH!!

@ HeroMystic HeroMystic & @ Incendiary Incendiary - Muh Mario Streaming/Recording buddies. Great to chill out, shame that y'all got ousted by the big boys already.

@ Jopan1026 Jopan1026 - I remember SAM1 how unsure you were. I remember how confident you were back in our Melee days. Now you're mixing **** up and taking names. Go for SA's top 5!

@ Mindles Mindles - The Beros Killer strikes again. If our matches ain't even, then I'm sane. We had an adventure last night but we livin'.

Mondy - Keep at it, man. Rep the Luigi, rep something to prove.

@ Nike. Nike. - Smoothly ran. Looks like you didn't need to use the Beros last night. I just spent the whole time tending to the stream lol.

@ SnorlaxPie500 SnorlaxPie500 - Those were some great Streamer vs Streamer battles. I got your back, bruh, like the distracted stream monster I am. I forgot to use /mod.

:reverse:^ you're doing it wrong, results threads are for salt and crying. take that feel good stuff to a social thread
Salt between the lines.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I'm gonna make it my personal goal to become much better at this game and attend more tournies. Good thing i have Jopan to help me out.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Was a pretty cool event. I'm glad I came to San Antonio lol.

Espy- lol that lil mac was so godlike.Using fair to link wit fsmash...liike wtff?awesome stuff

Slush- Thanks a lot for housing Gamma, Trela and me. :) Good stuff on placing 9th with da dinosaur. Your egg lay/lick to up air during dubz was so goood.

Nike- tournament was ran well. The venue is nice, too.

Kprime-YOur pika is insane...so many ledgecancels andtricks. It'sfrustrating -_- Gamma and I should have beat u in dubz round one.

Incendiary-Your mario lol I feel like Ness and Mario is mostly about footsies but ugh...totally got outplayed, and fireball gimped. Definitley need to work on the Mario matchup.

Trela-It was cool to meet you. You are a pretty cool guy.:4pacman:

Gamma-ur gay:4peach:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Who was in charge of the stream? I have questions!
Santi is the main provider of the stream, I'm 2nd in command. HeroMystic is back up when we're both in a match.
I provide the recording set up with K Prime and Incendiary as my back up.
We're still pretty fresh into this. Santi is still getting the equips for webcam and commentaries.
But what kinds of questions you need answered?

Xyro77

How was the stream so smooth?Wired Internet? What streaming programs and capture card did yall use?

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Santi bought a laptop that he dedicated to streaming, at least stronger than my old ass laptop, and we converted our input resolution of 1080p to output 720p so that we don't need to upload too much data.. Yes, our venue provided wired internet for streaming. Santi uses Elgato as his capture device and OBS for the program. I use Hauppauge HD PVR 2 as my device and Hauppauge Capture as my program.

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
Shout outs to NIKE for once again running another smooth tournament.

Shout outs to Otaku Cafe for being such a solid venue.

Shout outs to Geoberos and Santi for providing us the recording/stream set ups.(everyone should thank these guys)

Shout outs to everyone I played. Especially Cake and Gnes(5 seconds left on Lylat.. Killin me Lol). Looking forward to playing you guys again soon.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Don't have much to say but gud games to everyone I played.

Nike ur a kewl guy and after all the years of bad luck you've had with us in SA or just in general, some good luck this time around with getting Otaku Cafe.

Thanks Otaku cafe for having a bunch of people play a party game in your animu store even tho u prolly don't check the results threads or Snoreboreds anyways.

Thx Santi and Beros for uploading all the matches and especially Santi for spending $500+ just for streaming equipment, hopefully we get sponsors and such soon so you can make that money back or stream monsters to donate.

Team Liquid come to SA and sponsor Espy and Megafox plz

I'm Bad.

K prime wanna be static teammates?

Trela

Smash Lord
WALK INTO TOURNAMENT, READY TO START MY DAY WITH GNES IN DOUBLES

MEGAFOX AND ESPY COME UP TO US AND SILENTLY WHISPER IN OUR EAR

GET SENT TO LOSERS, PLAY AGAINST SYNC AND ZORI'S TEAM, WHICH CONSISTS OF DOING THIS

KILL GNES GAME 2 WITH A BACK AIR AT 60%

GNES TRIES TO HOLD ON, HITS THEM OVER TO ME IN HOPES OF A FOLLOW UP, BUT I'M LIKE

ULTIMATELY LOSE THE SET AND OUR DREAMS, BOTH OF US WATCH THE REST OF DOUBLES LIKE

SINGLES START, I RUN OVER TO MY FIRST MATCH LIKE

WIN MY FIRST ROUND, THEN I'M UP AGAINST FUNCRAZYFISH'S WII FIT TRAINER

WHAT I EXPECTED

WHAT I GOT

BARELY WON, GO UP AGAINST ESPY'S SONIC NEXT

BEATS ME FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS SMASH CAREER, HES LIKE

HE THROWS ME INTO LOSERS LIKE

WAIT IN LOSER'S, WATCH JOPAN TEAR THROUGH MY HOUSTON BROTHERS IN THE MEANTIME

FINALLY PLAY JOPAN, LOOK AT GAMMA AND SYNC'S DEAD BODIES AND THEN AT HIM AND HIS GIRLFRIEND LIKE

HE BEATS ME GAME 1 LIKE

TAKE HIM TO DELFINO GAME 2 LIKE NAIRO WOULD, HE GETS STUCK IN THE WATER 1ST STOCK AND I TRY TO SPIKE HIM LIKE

CLEARLY MISS, HE COMES OUT OF THE WATER WITH LUMA LIKE

INSTANTLY KILLS ME WITH HIS OWN DOWN AIR AT VERY LOW PERCENT, I WAS LIKE

PROCEED TO LOSE GAME 2 AND THE SET, MY TOURNAMENT LIFE WAS LIKE

JOPAN LOOKS OVER AT ME AFTER THE SET LIKE

CALL GAMMA, ASK HIM IF WE CAN STAY ANOTHER NIGHT LIKE

HOPES ESPY CAN WIN THE TOURNAMENT, WATCH HIM DO THIS TO DENTI IN WINNER'S FINALS

THEN WATCHING AEROLINK VS DENTI WAS LIKE

WATCH ESPY LOSE TO AEROLINK IN GRAND FINALS AFTERWARDS, I WAS SITTING IN MY CHAIR LIKE THIS THE ENTIRE TIME

AEROLINK WINS THE TOURNAMENT, WALKS OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT LIKE

FINALLY FINISHED MAKING THIS STORY, NOW I'M LIKE

Xyro77

image.jpg

"And so what you are seeing here is the best post in the thread."

Last edited:
Top Bottom