• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SALVATION - An Arizona Regional - $100 Pot/Prizes- Feat. WiR... - June 22nd, 2013 - Tempe, AZ

Saffy

Smash Ace
An Arizona Regional!
Hosted by Saffy, RaveRemix, CT Tyrant

Stream Link:
http://www.twitch.tv/aisight
More to come!​
11 AM - Friendlies/Warmups​
1 PM - Melee & Brawl Doubles​
3 PM - Melee & Brawl Singles (Pools)​
5 PM - Brawl Singles​
7 PM - Project M Singles​
*Please bring set ups if you can*​
Brawl Doubles - $10 per person ($20 per team)​
Melee Doubles - $5 per person ($10 per team)​
Melee & Brawl Singles - $10 per person​
Project M Singles - $3 per person​
Side Tournament - $2 per person​
NO VENUE FEE! It's free :)
Singles: Top 8​
(45/25/11/7/4/4/2/2)​
Doubles: Top 4​
(50/25/15/10)​
Donation for singles pot for $50-100 and growing!​
3 PROFESSIONALLY MADE (Highest quality you can find) Custom Painted Gamecube Controllers.​
These can be painted however you want. Able to have colored images and tags on the contoller as well.​
Yes I am aware these are N64 controllers, I do not currently have examples of a Gamecube one. Use these pictures as reference to the Quality and Paint job ONLY.
These will be given out to 1st Place Singles Winner in BRAWL & 1st place team in BRAWL doubles.​
Donated by Saffy​
Video Games and DVDS - Donated by RaveRemix​
and a date night with the amazing rave himself ;)
MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!!!!​
Mike Haze Brawl Rule-Set​
General:​
3 stock​
8 minute time limit​
Team Attack ON​
Items are set to OFF and NONE​
Starter Stages:​
Battlefield​
Final Destination​
Smashville​
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)​
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)​
Other Allowed Stages:​
Castle Siege​
Lylat Cruise​
Set Procedure:​
Starter Stage Selection.​
Character Selection.​
The Winner of the previous match may ban a stage for the next match.​
The loser of the previous match declares the stage to be selected for the next match.​
The winner of the previous match selects character.​
The loser of the previous match selects character.​
Repeat from Step 3 until 2 victories are achievied (3 victories in finals sets).​
Rules and Clauses:​
DSR is ON​
Counterpicking ports is ON​
Understage Travel Clause is ON​
Ledge grab limit is 35​
Colorblind rule is ON​
Double Meta Knight is Banned​
IDC is banned​
Project M :​
1. 4 Stocks​
2. 8 Minute Time Limit​
3. Items set to Off and None​
4. Pause set to Off​
5. All infinites and chain grabs are legal​
6. There is a 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored​
7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you​
8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.​
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death​
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).​
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 is used for all characters​
10. If Project: M freezes at anytime during the gameplay, after Project M is rebooted, the players will restart their match over (keeping the set count).​
Set Procedure​
1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)​
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player​
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player​
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. Each player/team will alternate striking two stages until there is one left​
5. The first match is played​
6. The player/team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).​
7. The player/team that won the previous match may announce 5 Stage Bans if they have not already done so in this set.​
8. The player/team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a Stage Ban by the either player/team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a player/team that has already won on that Stage in this set​
9. The player/team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player​
10. The player/team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player​
11. The next match is played​
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.​
Neutrals​
Battlefield​
Final Destination​
Smashville​
Dreamland​
Fountain Of Dreams​
Yoshi's Story (Melee)​
Dracula's Castle​
Pokemon Stadium 2​
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)​
Counterpicks​
Wario Ware​
Green Hill Zone​
Rumble Falls​
Metal Cavern​
Pokemon Stadium 1​
Skyloft​
Skyworld​
Castle Siege​
Halberd​
Norfair​
Venue:​
University of Advancing Technology (UAT)​
2625 W. Baseline Rd., Tempe, AZ 85283​
Room 206/207​
There is NO VENUE FEE.​
Located near the US 60 and I-10.​
Super spacious venue with tables and chairs provided. Air conditioning.​
There are many soda and snack machines around the campus incase you urgently need something to eat or snack on. Many fast food places walking distance.​
Please pick up after yourselves.​
Will add more later! Please check back​

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Why do the "custom painted gamecube controllers" look like 64 controllers

Saffy

Smash Ace
Should've been the 15th. :(
We were debating whether it be the 15th, 22nd or 29th.

But it seems like the 22nd was the best option. The only people who can't make it is Norcal (Crow, Zex, etc) , Hector (Heero).
It sucks but it seems like every week isnt good for someone :(.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Who do we lose on the 15th? Probably actually meaningful people if you guys went with the 22nd, but I'm still curious lol.

Saffy

Smash Ace
On the 15th Rich Brown can't make it I believe and he's bringing a carpool of people. Norcal won't make it either, they have a tournament that day.
Also Impulse the Canada tournament is that day.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Will there be an additional venue fee on top of normal event entrance fees?

Saffy

Smash Ace
Few changes to the tournament.
First and most important. Brawl doubles has been changed from $5 per person to $10 per person , so a hop from $10 per team to $20 per team. It was decided and agreed by all three of our tournament hosts. To keep this from confusion, Melee doubles will stay at $5 per person ($10 per team).
I also forgot to add that there is NO VENUE FEE for the venue. :) So I hope that is good for you guys.

I will be updating when we get new donations in and such.

Also that $100 mm hype..... I CANT WAIT. APEX SALTY RUNBACKS. PLEASE AISIGHT STREAM THIS.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Prize list has been updated. Also added Southwest to the region (Sorry about missing that).

Thank you Rave for your donation of video games and DVDS. and your donation date night to a lucky someone ;]

And also I will be donating Blu-Rays + DVDS... maybe more

If anyone wants to donate anything whether it be money or an item, it is much appreciated :).

13 days hype.

Ness 682

Smash Apprentice
Looking for a partner in Brawl Doubles! :) This will most likely be my last tournament until SSB4 comes out! :) (I said MAYBE!)

So.....Anyone? I play Ness, any character that can heal me is much appreciated, but not necessary. PM me or reply to me on here. Thanks!

Saffy

Smash Ace
SALVATION IS IN 1 WEEK ALREADY. GET HYPE. I need to go over a few things once again.

1) Please please please bring set ups if you can. I cannot stress this enough. I will give any person who brings a full set up (Wii, Decent sized TV ) a free pokemon plush. More set ups = faster tournament. Bring a set up... get something awesome. It'll help us out A LOT.

2) If there are enough setups my tv will go to Either a game people can play while we are waiting such as Pokemon Battle Revolution (Requires DS/3DS) (Only supports pokemon up to 4th generation) or Mario Party.

3) Donations are welcome once again. I will be bringing a donation jar incase anyone wants to donate in person.

4) I will be adding a like new black gamecube up for prize (With box). Not sure how I will give this out. No controllers included. Don't forget about the 3 custom painted gamecube controllers (Which we can change to wii mote or N64 controller if you prefer that) (WOULD BE HYPE TO GET A CONTROLLER FOR THE NEW SMASH), and a bunch of video games and DVDS/Blurays that we have as prizes. Pokemon plush may be added but unsure.

And I want to thank everyone for trying to come out and support our scene. Special thanks to Aisight for his ability to stream this, and our to's for making this happen :D. Can't wait to see and meet you all this next week. I hope we can all get a group picture or something.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Composed a list of players who I believe are attending. Some of this might be wrong so I apologize if you weren't planning on entering or playing but for people to get an idea

1. Silly Kyle
2. Wafty
3. Smiley
4. 8bit
5. Tommy
6. Moo
7. Airvault
8. Oliver
9. Olivers brother (Sorry dont know your name) XD
10. Saffy
11. RaveRemix
12. K9
13. Yoshiken
14. Yummy
15. Heysuess
16. SS
17. Meowk
18. Aaven
19. Scott
20. SadPanda
21. Juan
22. Ness682
23. JMO
24. MBR
25. Duff0
26. POTSC
27. FOW
28. Z
29. SK92
30. Lycan
31. Stridez
32. Panda
33. Southpaw
34. Roy R
35. Aggronizing
36. Zenas
37. Tyrant
38. Rich Brown
39. Truth
40. KiraFlax
41. Nexus
42. Laurel
43. Tearbear
44. MJG
45. Derp

(possible 2 other socal carpools, Mikehaze, Vato,Yuma, other people i forgot to add.)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Gold/Sifter's been trying to talk me into going. While I'm definitely interested (can bring 1-2~ set-ups, at that), I don't have any reliable ride or means of transportation (living in borderline of of Phoenix/Glendale/Avondale). I'll post back if my situation changes.

LOE1

Smash Lord
just gonna point out, brawl singles and pm singles could conflict with each other, and make the tourney a lot longer. its what made zinoto and shugo split in MI a little while ago, so just be careful about those people that enter both pm and brawl singles.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Stream Link: http://www.twitch.tv/aisight

We will start stream at 11 am-12 pm MST most likely, but not guaranteed that the stream will start then. So I believe that is 1-2 PM EST.

Gold/Sifter's been trying to talk me into going. While I'm definitely interested (can bring 1-2~ set-ups, at that), I don't have any reliable ride or means of transportation (living in borderline of of Phoenix/Glendale/Avondale). I'll post back if my situation changes.
:( Oh I hope you can make it. I know someone who lives out in Glendale, He might be able to give you a ride but I'm not sure if he's down. It's an event not to miss.

just gonna point out, brawl singles and pm singles could conflict with each other, and make the tourney a lot longer. its what made zinoto and shugo split in MI a little while ago, so just be careful about those people that enter both pm and brawl singles.

Well I think we will have atleast 20 set ups , and me going around forcing people to play on time. I'll keep that in mind for sure. The only brawl players who make it far that also play PM are Tyrant, K9, Silly Kyle ... I can't really think of others.

veze

Smash Rookie
My friend and I are new to the tournament scene but we are greatly looking forward to playing with you all!

Saffy

Smash Ace
My friend and I are new to the tournament scene but we are greatly looking forward to playing with you all!
Welcome to the tournament scene :D! I look forward in meeting you.
What city do you guys live in?

veze

Smash Rookie
Gilbert. We played in the little event they had at Phoenix Comicon and were referred to this site by another player. We were disappointed there were no doubles there so we are really excited to play this weekend! Just curious, how often are there tournaments in the Phoenix Area? I'm just wondering if this is a common thing or something that happens just once or twice a year.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Gilbert. We played in the little event they had at Phoenix Comicon and were referred to this site by another player. We were disappointed there were no doubles there so we are really excited to play this weekend! Just curious, how often are there tournaments in the Phoenix Area? I'm just wondering if this is a common thing or something that happens just once or twice a year.

Wow, I live in Gilbert as well. I've been looking for people to play offline if you are ever down sometime in the future.

Well a tournament this size (regional) only happens once a year. But we do have smaller bi-weekly tournaments in Tempe at The Gaming Zone. So every 2 weeks there is a tournament and we have doubles and singles each time. We get from 14-25 entrants on average so its not too bad. This regional should have over 50-60 entrants with some of the best players in the world including FOW, MJG, Tyrant, Rich Brown, MikeHaze, Z.. so its quite big. Don't miss it! :]

Hope to see you guys there.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Are the tournaments at The Gaming Zone Brawl-only or do you guys do Melee at those as well?

Also, I'm going to be moving there (on 44th Ave close to Baseline) at the end of this month, so I'll just barely miss this tournament.

Saffy

Smash Ace
^ We do melee sometimes. It's mainly just brawl and Project M from what I pay attention to. I know Taj and others host melee tournaments.

That sucks that you will miss salvation but it's cool to have you closer to the tournaments :) .

I also want to remind people since Salvation is LITERALLY 2 DAYS AWAY!!!!

Please if you can bring:
- indoor/outdoor fans.
- Wii's w/ Brawl
- Decent Sized TV's

Again the stream will be at http://www.twitch.tv/aisight

Ness 682

Smash Apprentice
Please if you can bring:
- indoor/outdoor fans.
- Wii's w/ Brawl
- Decent Sized TV's

Do you want us to bring ALL of the 3 things? Because I can bring my Wii with Brawl (even Melee!), but I can't really bring a TV, so is this OK?

Saffy

Smash Ace
Salvation tomorrow!!!
Please bring any tvs , wiis and fans if you can. THIS WILL BE AN AMAZING TOURNAMENT.

Please dont forget that the venue opens up at 11 am for friendlies. I will be bringing 2 tvs. One for Brawl and one (Flat screen) for Mario Party 2 and SSB64 (Wii version).

AGAIN PLEASE WATCH STREAM TOMORROW AND SUPPORT VGBC (VIDEOGAME BOOTCAMP)
http://www.twitch.tv/aisight

Saffy

Smash Ace
ALSO PIZZA WILL BE ORDERED TWICE (Both at different times)

$1 a slice or $7 a box.

And Water bottles will be provided.

Cant wait !

Saffy

Smash Ace
cuz we da bess.

But for people:

Doubles:
1. MJG/Fow
2. Tyrant Rich Brown
3. Kiraflax and k9
4. Lycan and Z
5. Silly Kyle and Maize
5. Nair and Vato
7. AirVault and Moo

Singles (Not completely sure but I believe this is true):
1. Tyrant
2. Rich Brown
3. FOW
4. K9
5. Kiraflax
5. ??? - Sorry dont know ;(
7. MikeHaze
7. MJG

Ness 682

Smash Apprentice
Your telling me! I did absolutely terrible! :(

Not a good way to end my Brawling "Career" for a while....

Top Bottom