• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#*@& Sakurai

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Read my sig you'll see what I mean.

Edit: We get garbage like Ice Climbers, Snake, Sonic, but no Waluigi?
I mean, no offense to Snake and Sonic, they're cool and all.
But WTF, they do not get in Brawl before Waluigi, that is *)#$ed up.

2nd Edit: Most of you guys are n00bs or *******. Don't post if this applies to you.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
lol.... Sakurai draws nourishment from your tears. Fact.
I see this now

At least he is in Brawl in some way, be happy for that.
No, that sucks. I can't use him now. My Tag name is WaluigiKing dude. I mean, this sucks.

sorry i pitty u how does that feel ?
It feels like I want to go to Sakurai's house and have "a little talk" with him....

I know what you mean but what can we do.
Refer to previous response

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I know how you feel about your favorite character deconfirmed as playable character, but as said before, be happy that he's made it at all. And I think it's pretty clear that Sonic and Snake are exceptions, because they are third party. Ice Climbers...oh well, I liked them, you don't, that's fine, but hey, he's an AT and looks like he could kick ***, so don't be sad. Most people are disappointed that Stafy didn't make it as PC, so I suggest just thinking about it one minute and when you're going to play Brawl, you will see that it's actually not so bad.

Besides, a lot, if not most people would have started a riot if he was a PC -_-

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
I know how you feel about your favorite character deconfirmed as playable character, but as said before, be happy that he's made it at all. And I think it's pretty clear that Sonic and Snake are exceptions, because they are third party. Ice Climbers...oh well, I liked them, you don't, that's fine, but hey, he's an AT and looks like he could kick ***, so don't be sad. Most people are disappointed that Stafy didn't make it as PC, so I suggest just thinking about it one minute and when you're going to play Brawl, you will see that it's actually not so bad.

Besides, a lot, if not most people would have started a riot if he was a PC -_-

You are wrong. This blows. He was going to be my main. Garbage characters and 3rd parties shouldn't make it in before Waluigi.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Well yeah, they do. Not only are they advertising other parties, they were pretty much expected, well, only Sonic was really expected. And he had more chances as a PC than Waluigi did and also deserved it more. But that's only IMO.

You are disappointed right now, but I can assure you this does not last forever. And try to see the postive aspect of this update. There's surely more than 1 character you wanted in Brawl, others might still be in ;) So don't take it too hard.

If Sakurai wouldn't care about his fans, he's either:

- make Waluigi playable and thus piss many people off, that would not play Brawl ever again and the infamous "party game" debate would rise from its ashes
OR
- not include him at all, which would suck way more than him being an AT

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
See, this is what happens when people anticipate their favorites to be playable in Brawl.

And matthewmilad, I know you're frustrated but at least he's in the game. That's an honorable mention in itself. Plus, you have no rights to call Ice Climbers garbage. And Waluigi is relatively new compared to the other characters, so in that sense of priority, Waluigi fits in as an Assist Trophy.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Seriously you like Waluigi a little too much... I agree he does have more place than Ice Climbers(except for the being in Melee part) but 3rd parties are a special deal so they have a purpose. It must suck for you but I don't think complaining about it like a ***** is going to help anything. Waluigi would make an even more ridiculous over abundance of Mario series characters. Plus Waluigi is a relatively new character to the series, if and when there is Smash 4 he will be in it almost guaranteed.

Now dry your eyes, child.

Fathom

Smash Rookie

People actually wanted him in the game...wait, people actually like him. They only made waluigi to make luigi feel as important as mario

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Walugi is my all time fav character of Mario Kart, Strikers, Party, Basebal, and any other game he's in. But he does not deserve a PC spot.

Waluigi is a good 10 years old, so I would hardly call him new.

orintemple, what part of Chicago are you from?

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
You are wrong. This blows. He was going to be my main. Garbage characters and 3rd parties shouldn't make it in before Waluigi.
Waluigi isn't even that important of a character. Snake and Sonic have ten times more significance in gaming and that, my friend, is a fact. That's why they made it and Waluigi didn't.

Also, Sakurai loves ICs and seeing as how he's the project leader, it's easy to see why they're in.

courte

Smash Lord
i think he's got like a goku/broly shield on right now--i do feel very bad for anyone in the house right now if i were in your position i'd be swinging at little kids

but imagine if parrothead in some alternate universe was a crack/methhead what would he do in this situation

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
See, this is what happens when people anticipate their favorites to be playable in Brawl.

And matthewmilad, I know you're frustrated but at least he's in the game. That's an honorable mention in itself. Plus, you have no rights to call Ice Climbers garbage. And Waluigi is relatively new compared to the other characters, so in that sense of priority, Waluigi fits in as an Assist Trophy.

It was obvious he'd at least be an assist. But the whole assist trophy aspect has pwned so many good characters already, Samurai Goroh being the best of them up until now.
The other characters I really wanted are still pretty longshot too, but even if they make it, it won't matter nearly as much. Waluigi is my favorite character ever, and Sakurai sucks.
Here's hoping Hector, Isaac and Wolf can still make it.

Flaming_Wuzzle

Smash Cadet
Waluigi pretty much only exists because Nintendo (for some reason) thought Luigi needed an evil counterpart like Mario so they could have another character to put in party/sports games. Ultimately, he's really not been all that important in Nintendo's history, so the best he could have done was an AT.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
People actually wanted him in the game...wait, people actually like him. They only made waluigi to make luigi feel as important as mario

Not making Waluigi a character not only devalues all of the Mario Sport titles, but it also devalues Wario and Luigi as characters by denying them their own partner/rival.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
It was obvious he'd at least be an assist. But the whole assist trophy aspect has pwned so many good characters already, Samurai Goroh being the best of them up until now.
The other characters I really wanted are still pretty longshot too, but even if they make it, it won't matter nearly as much. Waluigi is my favorite character ever, and Sakurai sucks.
Whoa there, don't go flaming Sakurai for including Waluigi as an Assist Trophy. Dude, he's in the game. Sakurai is planning, designing and making the game for you!

That was a little harsh there. I hope you realized that you were being a bit rash...

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi pretty much only exists because Nintendo (for some reason) thought Luigi needed an evil counterpart like Mario so they could have another character to put in party/sports games. Ultimately, he's really not been all that important in Nintendo's history, so the best he could have done was an AT.
Guys, this is a joke thread. No one would really support Waluigi this much.

You're a joke.

At least if there is a shred of goodness in humanity. 0_o He's actually in the game, that's really more than the extra deserves.

You too.

---

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Why would anyone ever want him as a PC? He's pretty much only a filler in Mario sports games. There is nothing unique about him. He has the most annoying voice I've ever heard. He fails hard at being evil. And his fashion sense is terrible.

Sorry dude. Pick a better character to support.

(IMO)

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Cause Waluigi has done so much for Nintendo and Gaming right? Wrong, the gaming industry would be exactly the same if Waluigi had never come to be, Sonic and Snake (especially Snake) have done things to help define their genre. Waluigi is just a filler, a cool filler but still just a filler

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Well if Sakurai sucks, gtfo this board, don't buy Brawl and play Mario Party if you like Waluigi so much. It's not gonna change anything. I'd be pissed too if, let's say, Ganon was an AT suddenly (my favorite character, just pointing out an example, not a possibility), but it wouldn't matter much since there's some many great characters in it, PC or AT, doesn't matter. And I've still got Melee.

Now there was a chance that Waluigi would make the cut, but not as a PC, and don't tell me he deserved it more than the others you listed, because as I see, Waluigi has absolutely no back story, and filler. What do you expect? If anything, Sakurai cares a lot about his fans, that's why he put Waluigi in there in the first place. I hope this is not how you feel now forever, because you would miss out on a great game if you wouldn't buy Brawl.

And honestly, there's already too much Mario characters.

Wolf is almost a shoe-in, they have to make him PC one time or an other. Hector and Isaac also have quite a chance to make it, so there's something to look forward to. And if not, they probably are in the next Super Smash Bros. game. Yeah, a lot of people were disappointed that Goroh was an AT, BUT THEY GOT OVER IT!

Flaming_Wuzzle

Smash Cadet
Seriously, before this I haven't seen anyone that actually liked Waluigi, then the minute he's confirmed as not playable in Brawl, everyone starts saying "OMFG I WANTED TO PLAY AS HIM, SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII". Why anyone actually wants to play as spinoff filler is beyond me.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
You don't deserve to play games.
Oh please, grow up! I think YOU don't deserve to play games if you're going to support just one character.

What everyone said, about Waluigi being filler and not having sufficient story behind him is absolutely true. I don't recall him having his very own game. He's there to be Luigi's evil counterpart (although I really don't see the point in this other than for profit) and take a roster spot in party games.

Geez, I was trying to soothe you of your frustrations but now I feel like teasing you just like everyone else who doesn't care.

XeroHarsh

Smash Journeyman

Get over it and quit your BAWWWWing.

Honestly, you should be happy he is in the game in some way, shape, or form.

If megaman isn't a playable character, and becomes an AT, I'll be happy at the very least.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
If I'd play Brawl with him, I would just switch items to Very High, Assist Trophies only and I'd always laugh a bit if Waluigi came out :D That would be mean.

But anyway, however you see it, it's a good update, not because it confirms/deconfirms anything, but more because of it being an AT double update ^^ That has to count for something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom