• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai To Host Video Presentation On Smash At E3 2015!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Announced via Nintendo of America's Twitter, Masahiro Sakurai will host a video presentation about Super Smash Bros at E3 2015 on June 14th, 7:40 am PT. Nintendo says Nintendo says Sakurai will be outlining the details of Lucas’ inclusion in Smash Bros., the new Miiverse stage on Wii U, and Mii Fighter costumes inspired by Splatoon. In Sakurai's own words via Miiverse:

"The update that includes Lucas will be available beginning 08:00 AM on June 14 (PT), 17:00 (CEST) on June 14th, and 01:00 AM on June 15 (AEST).

We made a special video broadcast to talk about the update. In it, I'll be on camera to give you all the details!
We'll air the video online right before the update, at 07:40 AM on June 14 (PT), 16:40 (CEST) on June 14th, and 0:40 AM on June 15 (AEST). Please check it out before the update becomes available!"

As shown above Nintendo's E3 preview website states "NEW CONTENT APPROACHING!" Could we get new characters, game modes, or stages? Let the hype and speculation begin, and don't forget: there is no escaping Sakurai's Wild Ride!

SmashCapps was already super excited for Nintendo and Fallout 4 at E3, this just makes things even better! To share in his hype and excitement follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
Obviously Melee HD.
Right?
Right!?!?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Well, that was unexpected. Maybe it means they're not going to reveal new Smash contents at E3 in order to save time for actual games rather than DLC for an already released game. Or I guess they're still going to reveal Ryu at E3 because of him being the big deal due to being a third-party newcomer, with Roy and everything else Smash-related they want to talk about shown in this presentation instead.

*hopes they talk about custom moves for DLC characters and promise us to make them happen*

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So 10:40 AM for EST? Nice. Get hyped!

Last edited:

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
I feel bad for those who are still in school and won't be able to see the stream.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Given that this direct is about 20 minutes long, I think we can very well see :wolf:and :roypm:revealed at this event along with final details on :4lucas:and all the other content that was revealed before. My gut feeling is also telling me that Ryu will be revealed at the Nintendo World Championships as well later that day. This can very well be the most hype day in Smash Bros history!

Last edited:

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
This makes it sound like he's only going to talk about Lucas, Miiverse stage and Splatoon costumes. But it's Sakurai, baby! I'm expecting very awesome things.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hoping for actual exciting DLC announcements this time (which means no veterans but new characters instead), but what I am actually expecting is more regurgitated content (like Roy, ew... although Wolf DLC would be a pleasing announcement /bias)

Last edited:
Top Bottom