• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Sakurai says: To make the game fair and balanced i have decided to make advanced techniques illegal... UNDER PAIN OF DEATH!!

Xion DarkRose

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai says- Due to the much anticipated Halo 3 release, we decided to replace Samus with Master Chief in hopes of bringing Halo fans to the Wii.

Sakurai says- We feel as if we made Fox's reflector to weak, so were making the hitbox extend as far as Link's hookshot, making it just like a projectile.

Sakurai says- Move sets have to be unlocked by beating the story mode, so you cannot perform a 3rd jump until you've beaten the game once.

Sakurai says- Captain Falcon is in the game, but not a playable character. If you pay attention to the background on the new F Zero stage, you can see him in his car enjoying a Duff Beer.

Sakurai says- To appeal to older generation, we have equipped every female character in the game with bouncing ballistics. A simple crouch with Peach will set her chest in constant motion. However this does not affect Zelda, for she will always be bird chested.

Sakurai says- Were Replacing Link with a useless character from the Franchise, Tingle, who's move sets consist of being able to sell other smashers Maps and spinning around in circles wile dancing.

Sakurai says- we have Nerfed Marth, he is now a small schoolboy with a knife.

Sakurai says- Carrot Top is an unlockable character.

Dark HUmar

Smash Rookie
One of the worst things that could hapen is that the Online mode isn't as good as I expect. But think the online mode wil be great.

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
On the day before its released, at the HQ for where they make the games a Meteor hits the building and destroys all the games and computers that had the saved data on it. So we will have to wait for them to make it again.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai says-The online mode will randomly pick your opponents again!
Sakurai says-You will need to enter friend codes too!!!
Sakurai says-Online mode will randomly drop people like on Mario Kart!

Sensai

Smash Master
Xion: what in God's name? How did you do that?

-----

Sakurai says: Due to Nintendo's love for helping the needy, we've decided to nix Marth in favor of his autistic brother, Roy, in order to show support for these types of things.

[Edit:]

Xion snuck a post in under mine.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai: For E3 we have decided to reveal the release date! I know, you're happy, right?

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Sakurai says-The online mode will randomly pick your opponents again!
Sakurai says-You will need to enter friend codes too!!!
Sakurai says-Online mode will randomly drop people like on Mario Kart!
1) how's that a bad thing? Isn't that how online traditionally work?
2) well... you're in for a big disappointment.
3) due to bad connection, of course.

Xion DarkRose

Smash Apprentice
Xion: what in God's name? How did you do that?

-----

Sakurai says: Due to Nintendo's love for helping the needy, we've decided to nix Marth in favor of his autistic brother, Roy, in order to show support for these types of things.

[Edit:]

Xion snuck a post in under mine.
lol, its just simply HTML, nothing to be praised over...OR is it?

Fawriel

Smash Master
26/06/2007 Tue
Sheik

Because of the surprising popularity of this character in Melee, the old alter ego of Zelda has joined the fray as a seperate character!
As she now has an unused move slot, we decided to give her Fox's reflector to keep her connection to Zelda. Shiny, amirite folkz!

26/06/2007 Tue
Sheik

Because of the surprising popularity of this character in Melee, the old alter ego of Zelda has joined the fray as a seperate character!
As she now has an unused move slot, we decided to give her Fox's reflector to keep her connection to Zelda. Shiny, amirite folkz!

I lol'd for about five minutes upon reading that.

Dinivan

Smash Rookie
Sakurai: "This is the complete roster! There would have been time for more, but I wanted to update my sweet site. Things could get boring though...

That's why we've implemented ninja transformations of all the characters!!!

Fox -> Foxinja
Pikachu -> Shinochu
Zelda -> ???
Guess we'll just have to wait until the next update!"

Hadn't he said he wanted to tone down the technical requirements of gameplay, and in effect make it more beginner-approachable? And 'balance' out the characters? It's all starting to fit... :O

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I my mind the worst that could happen is Sakurai (Idk how to spell his name) and his team getting killed, Samurai Panda your in japan... Protect Sakurai with your life!

Would you take a bullet for smash?

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai: All Down B moves needed to be upgraded tremendously, so that's what we did! For example!
Rest now has a range longer than bowser is tall in every direction and has 1 frame of lag afterwards!
The reflectors reflect all attacks now, not just long ranged! Also, they always damage and you can move while reflecting
The counters of Marth/Roy now act like a barrier that hover over the character, so you can attack while countering!
Mario/Doc/Luigi's cyclone now lasts 5 minutes, hits once every frame with barely any stun and can reach from the bottom left corner of FD to the top right
Turnips are always stichfaces
Falcon Kick/wizard's foot is CF's knee
Bombs of Samus are powerbombs, Link's are powder kegs and do 0 damage to link, but still help him recover!
The DK slap affects the air too!
PSI magnet absorbs physical attacks with 200% efficiency!
Sheik is more powerful than ever before!
Thunder does not hurt pichu, is 10 times as thick and is not stopped by barriers!
Mewtwo's disable goes the length of link's boomerang and puts anyone in the air asleep as well as the ground!
The Bucket is always in effect!
The Ice Climbers turns the stage into icicle mountain with the monkey rap!
Kirby's Rock is twice as powerful as it was in the first game!
Yoshi and Bowser now kill themselves all the time rather than most of the time!

Now the game will be much more extreme!

Sensai

Smash Master
Sakurai updates his blog with one of the best, most mind blowing updates ever (probably something Zelda, musically oriented) and then follows up with some ****ty *** update...probably an item like a Banana Peel or something.

Thank God THAT'll never happen, huh?

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Well my only thought was that it should be a Mario Kart banana peel. It's pretty random. The only other point of intrest could be if the banana causes some sort of new "slip effect" other than just being like a mini mine. The "slip" effect could be envoled in move sets of charecters. But I'm probably just over analyzing

tommorw I predict
Special moves of.... Wario, or a stage

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
"Quizzes are just one of the many new twists we have added to Brawl. We've heard complaints that unlocking everything in Melee was very time-consuming. To rectify this, you can take quizzes based on what you want to unlock anytime you want to get new characters, stages, items, game modes, and other miscellany. Depending on the magnitude of importance of the desired unlockable, quizzes range from 20 to 50 questions of varying difficulty. If you fail the quiz (i.e. get any more than 1 question wrong), you lose anything previously unlocked. It's basically wiping out your game progress.
It's risky, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Good luck!
(A side note: some quizzes unlock other quizzes.)"

Brutal.

"Due to time restraints, only Battlefield and Yoshi's Island will be playable stages online; Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Pit, and Meta Knight are the only playable characters online. Sorry."

"We've introduced a new final boss, Masarai. He fights like a normal Smasher, just remarkably enhanced. He wields a sword 3 times as big as Marth's Falchion. He has no windup or winddown lag from his attacks, plus an unlimited recovery, instant teleport, immunity to throws, extreme floatiness, and 650 HP on Very Easy mode. KO'ing him does nothing.
It's hard, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Good luck!"

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Sakurai says:

- Link's sword and sheild are being replaced with a Gameboy. Pit's weapon will be replaced by a Philly cheesesteak.
- Captain Falcon's taunt will still have him say 'Show Me Your Moves' but this time he will be doing the two step.
- The new boss will be Master Hand's long lost cousin, Master Armpit.
- Snake will have no Final Smash or even a recovery move for that matter.
- 10 pounds of marijuana will be an item. If a character picks it up they will be high for 25 seconds. However, they will be impervious to attacks because of the hallucination that they are made of stone.
- Kirby will be able to not copy an enemie's B attack, but he completely will swallow them whole.
- Whenever Mario uses his cape move, a drunken bum appears and asks for malt liquor.
- Wario will be replaced by his brother, Waluigi.
- There will be a Zero Suit Samus strip mode. Zelda strip mode will be an unlockable.
- There will a total of 5 playable stages. One of those stages will be Brooklyn, New York.
- Falco's only attire will be a yellow silk tutu.
- Pichu will return, and take up five different spaces on the character select screen. His clone will be Raichu, who only takes up three spaces.
- Gannondorf will have to ability to **** all female characters, including Marth.

Top Bottom