• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai reveals Old, New and Teases.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I do hope that Heavy Lobster shows up in one form or another (assist trophy, stage hazard or a boss in story mode... after all it's the best guardian for the Halberd)

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Seriously, what's with all of this whining and complaining? OMG SAKURAI IS JIPPING US MAN! WE DEMAND A NEW CHARACTER UPDATE!! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS, NOT STAGES, NOT ITEMS, NOT MUSIC, JUST CHARACTERS!

So ridiculous... You lot should all be thankful you're getting ANY information at all on this game. Daily updates?!? That's unprecedented for a game of this magnitude. He's given us looks at new characters, changes to old characters, the stages and items that will interact with these characters, music, and a brand spanking new single player mode with an actual storyline and cinemas...

If you people aren't satisfied with that, then maybe you should all be playing some generic FPS on another system or something, because Super Smash Bros. Brawl is obviously NOT FOR YOU. Not quit *****ing and be excited, or get off this forum, because I am sick and tired of reading post after post of ungrateful whining about what looks to be the BEST GAME EVER. Geez...

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
You know, despite the huge cannon in the one section of the level, I still think this stage will be tournament legal. But does anyone else suspect that the arm might grab you and hold you in place for the cannon? And how much damage will Ness recover from dB countering this beam?
I wonder if Ness can use his Down B on Samus's Final Smash now...
I may be wrong, but in Melee, Ness doesn't seem to be able to use his down B against stage attacks. I tried it against the lasers from Arwings in the longer Starfox level- they just hit me.
Maybe I mistimed it each time I tried, but I doubt Ness/Lucas will be able to use it for either of those things.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Meh. This is certainly better than the past two days, and it was cool to see that the cannon will be more than just decoration. Looks like a pretty faithful recreation, even.

But updates like this and Stadium 2 should've been taken care of months ago.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
I think Sakurai is trying to break the record for the highest number of crappy update weeks in a row. So far, he's almost got three. Two more crappy disappointing updates to go, Sakurai! You can do it! -_-;;;

That guy is starting to piss me off. Give. Us. A. ****ing. Character. You. *******.
not with that attitude...:confused:

blayde_axel

Smash Master
If it's anybody, it should be Snake, so we can get him out of the way...

But, anyway, yeah, I think it's an awesome stage... mainly because KSS was one of my favorite games on the SNES... or ever!

Seriously... they need Lala/Lolo AT, King Dedede as a Character, and Dyna Blade as boss!

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord

But, anyway, yeah, I think it's an awesome stage... mainly because KSS was one of my favorite games on the SNES... or ever!

Seriously... they need Lala/Lolo AT, King Dedede as a Character, and Dyna Blade as boss!
Agreed. We should have all the updates on stuff we know about, and get it out of the way for those who for some reason haven't seen them in the past 2 years.

Dyna Blade boss fight ftw! haha

k.k.slider25

Smash Rookie
he's probably going to do something like post a bunch of redundant updates and just when everyone is fed up he'll reveal something awesome like a new character or something.

METROID MAN

Smash Journeyman

What about that sweet sailor whale that was always smoking a pipe, or the RPG game, or the two hands and face that floated, or, umm, the frozen dog thing, or, Heavy Lobster-HE WAS COOL!!! or, um , i think its MARKX?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
This update was okay. That huge cannon means it's going to be fun for me to get someone in the way of that. It looks like a counterpickable stage to me.

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
i wonder if the combo cannon will drop bombs like it does in Kss as well. but im hoping sakurai isn't hinting the halberd itself will be a boss in emissary. i think marx could fill that boss slot better.. combo cannon was one of the easier bosses in Kss.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, this has always been my favofite stage from brawl since its announcement and that has not changed, I hop the song selection for this track is either halfmoon or bridge of the halbred from superstar.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Good thing they changed the hand to a claw. People would be speculating that Master and/or Crazy Hand have control over the ship. Not they necessarily don't, no one but Sakurai, Sora, and Nintendo know for sure, but I just love how one little thing sets people off around here.

For example:

ZOMG!!!1!11 M4R10 H4Z SP3SH14L B M00VZ 1N T3H 41R!!!

falcofan69

Smash Rookie
Am i the only one....

who noticed the penguin arm and fishing pole on the right side of the ice stage of pokemon stadium 2

IllidR

Smash Champion
who noticed the penguin arm and fishing pole on the right side of the ice stage of pokemon stadium 2
This is about the Halberd stage. Try the Pokemon stadium thread in stage discussion.

Also, now that someone reposted the original picture of the Halberd against it in Brawl makes me remember is so much better and i love how true to the game it stood.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Seriously, what's with all of this whining and complaining? OMG SAKURAI IS JIPPING US MAN! WE DEMAND A NEW CHARACTER UPDATE!! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS, NOT STAGES, NOT ITEMS, NOT MUSIC, JUST CHARACTERS!

So ridiculous... You lot should all be thankful you're getting ANY information at all on this game. Daily updates?!? That's unprecedented for a game of this magnitude. He's given us looks at new characters, changes to old characters, the stages and items that will interact with these characters, music, and a brand spanking new single player mode with an actual storyline and cinemas...

If you people aren't satisfied with that, then maybe you should all be playing some generic FPS on another system or something, because Super Smash Bros. Brawl is obviously NOT FOR YOU. Not quit *****ing and be excited, or get off this forum, because I am sick and tired of reading post after post of ungrateful whining about what looks to be the BEST GAME EVER. Geez...
Quoted for truth : D I mean it's ok to be disappointed with updates but don't scream death threats at the man who's making your game. By December 3rd anyone who yelled at Sakurai's updates is gonna be sending him emails saying, "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BLESS YOU FOR THIS GAME!!!"

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
Wow, Falco really IS a legend like Homeless said if he's got imitators now.

I don't think IllidR was hating on your post, but he was still off. If Pokemon updates go into the blog thread, why can't opinions of them?

IllidR

Smash Champion
dont hate on my post you crackhead...i was pointing something out
Are you serious? I was merely pointing out you made a post about Pokemon Stadium in a Halberd stage update thread that had nothing to do with the discussion. It wasn't hating but now with this response I've come to the conclusion you may just be a functioning ******. So I'll leave you alone, have a very special day for a very special little man.

Anywho, back to the topic. Will the claws simply grab you or will they throw bombs in the game, how much damage. So much!

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
I laughed at this. Such little faith in his hero.... and his name is Super Smash Master?

I'm glad to see people remember my anti-lucario thread.

Speaking of which. The fact that Lyn isn't playable should tell you people that Lucario isn't playable. I mean if Munchlax is only a pokeball, then the same fate will occur for Lucario.

Ike - Playable - Path of Radiance
Squirtle - Playable - 1st Gen
Pikachu - Playable - 1st Gen
Lyn - Item - Gaiden
Deoxys - Item - 3rd Gen
Munchlax - Item - 4th Gen

Does that make sense?

Seriously, who wants a loser like Lamecario in the game?
Um...nearly every pokefan? I don't see how you can compare Lucario with Munchlax just because they are the same gen. Anyway, go back to your own thread. No need to start a flamewar here.

WHEN YOU SEE IT, YOU'LL **** BRICKS
Awe

that's really sad
Noun

awe (uncountable)

1. A feeling of fear and reverence.
2. A feeling of amazement.

aww (with as many extra 'w's as needed for emphasis)

1. An exclamation of pity.

Aww, that's so sad, he hasn't yet learned to ride a bike

2. A response or remark indicating affection.

Aww, that's very sweet of you

I may be wrong, but in Melee, Ness doesn't seem to be able to use his down B against stage attacks. I tried it against the lasers from Arwings in the longer Starfox level- they just hit me.
Maybe I mistimed it each time I tried, but I doubt Ness/Lucas will be able to use it for either of those things.
I think you have to be hit by the actual shots. The cannons themselves are considered a damaging floor IIRC.

That Claw-Arm was a fun boss in Kirby's Fun Pak
LOL I know that's the PAL name but it sounds like a kids' meal or something :p

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I laughed at this. Such little faith in his hero.... and his name is Super Smash Master?

I'm glad to see people remember my anti-lucario thread.

Speaking of which. The fact that Lyn isn't playable should tell you people that Lucario isn't playable. I mean if Munchlax is only a pokeball, then the same fate will occur for Lucario.

Ike - Playable - Path of Radiance
Squirtle - Playable - 1st Gen
Pikachu - Playable - 1st Gen
Lyn - Item - Gaiden
Deoxys - Item - 3rd Gen
Munchlax - Item - 4th Gen

Does that make sense?

Seriously, who wants a loser like Lamecario in the game?

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d120/_the_sandman_/spicy.jpg

MicEdit: Enough with that picture, it's borderline appropriate, and I can tell you I'm getting tired of seeing it thrown up whenever Lucario is mentioned. Post the link without the IMG tags if you HAVE to post the picture that everyone's already seen. Again.
Your logic means absolutely nothing. You just don't get it do you? You're putting together things with merely assumptions and stating them as a fact. I'm really sick of arguing with you.

For that reason I really hope Lucario is playable, just to prove you wrong once and for all. If he is for some reason not playable, realize that it has nothing to do with your silly assumptions.

You've been lucky so far... However a little update called "My Music" on the Smash Dojo last Friday hinted that stages at least will probably come from more then one game.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Cool stage. I want to pull of a d-throw to knee to claw to combo cannon.

On another note...this stage/thread randomly reminded me of the Axem Rangers. I'm not sure why. But I suddenly really want to see them make an appearance...I think I'm gonna go make a thread...

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord

On another note...this stage/thread randomly reminded me of the Axem Rangers. I'm not sure why. But I suddenly really want to see them make an appearance...I think I'm gonna go make a thread...
off topic ( I know): Axem Rangers???? who r they?

blayde_axel

Smash Master

Off Topic Again: The Axem Rangers had a rather huge cannon on their ship, also. Not sure, but when you kill everyone, I think they get on top or something... not sure. lol.

StressBot1

Smash Rookie
I too, thought of the Axem Rangers. Do you think there's an even slight chance Square will relinquish their grip over their half of the Characters?

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
MetaKnight'sSword said:
off topic ( I know): Axem Rangers???? who r they?
Villains from Super Mario RPG for the SNES. They were a parody of the Power Rangers....wait a minute, you haven't played that game? Go. Play. It. Now.

blayde_axel said:
Off Topic Again: The Axem Rangers had a rather huge cannon on their ship, also. Not sure, but when you kill everyone, I think they get on top or something... not sure. lol.
Yeah, I went and looked them up again, and the place where you fight them is strikingly similar to the deck of Meta Knight's ship. Maybe somebody at Nintendo just really likes fighting on top of giant ships with guns on them. Or maybe....Axem Rangers confirmed???1?

StressBot1 said:
I too, thought of the Axem Rangers. Do you think there's an even slight chance Square will relinquish their grip over their half of the Characters?
I would wet myself if Axem rangers were AT's or Geno was playable. I don't know how realistic it would be. But I would think that they would be more likely to loan out Mario-RPG characters than characters that are actually important to SquareEnix like Sephiroth (how some people want him in this game is beyond me).

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
I was hoping they would release data on Meta Knight and Kirby's special attacks. Oh well. This stage looks like it is gonna ROCK OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I would wet myself if Axem rangers were AT's or Geno was playable. I don't know how realistic it would be. But I would think that they would be more likely to loan out Mario-RPG characters than characters that are actually important to SquareEnix like Sephiroth (how some people want him in this game is beyond me).
Not many FF characters have any chance of making it into Brawl. The only way someone like Sephiroth could make the cut is if they took him from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, which was only a decently good game that appeared on the GBA.

The only SquareEnix characters who actually have good chances would have to be the characters from the cast of Chrono Trigger.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
The only way someone like Sephiroth could make the cut is if they took him from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, which was only a decently good game that appeared on the GBA..
He was in Chain of Memories?!

And that's why everyone wants Cloud in Brawl... because of Chain of Memories. Stop with your fanciful dreams, kids! lol.

I would seriously die if Chrono was in Brawl. Why? Because I hate him. No. Because Chrono Trigger was one of my most favorite games on PS1. (Yeah... I had the laggy one.)

Top Bottom