• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Can't Save you now! 6/14/08 [MELEE]

Zicore

Smash Champion
I got off!
You dirty little kid =P

But from the looks of it, if spikes can get to my house; cosmo, hayate, spikes, and myself will be going. And I need a teammate. Anyone want to team with a peach?

Adroit_17

Smash Rookie
if anyone is worried about melee losing players **** that... im new and i think im gonna show up. this is close to where i live i definitely am going to try to make it

Zjiin

Smash Master
Hey this is going to be my first tournament and I just have a few questions

first of all itd be nice for me to get a ride I live in a town called Colona near the Quad cities IL.

I could drive anywhere for you to pick me up there and i could leave my car... you could take me back to the same place later... Basically if youd name a spot for me to get to I can get there so you dont have to go out of your way.

After all a community that doesnt gain any new players will slowly die.

I mainly just dont want to go there without a group. Id like to have some people i know before i get there.

Also i have absolutely no contact with anyone going to this tournament. I can get **** close with mapquest I just need to know if i can have anyones cell phone or anything. Or will there be signs?

Iono I'm absolutely clueless as to how this works i just really want to go.

Ah yeah I'm not that much of a noob. I play with my cousin all the time who goes to tournaments.

Edit: I take that back I'm a noob, better to be a melee noob than a brawl pro... (editing this comment was more technical than brawl)

I figured i would wait until brawl comes out to get into the competitive scene but then it turns out... well... meh.

Oh I did go to one tournament before. It was a gamestop tournament before brawl came out... I won :p
Not trying to brag I'm just making fun of how bad everyone there was :D.

anyhoo PM me with ANY information and if I am near your route.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Colona+IL/

This is a map of the town im in.

Thanks

Edit (again): I just messaged my friend and he is going to go so I don't need to have someone to go there with. it would still be pretty awesome though.
This guy gets a gold star for each of the following things:

-"After all a community that doesnt gain any new players will slowly die."
-"I take that back I'm a noob, better to be a melee noob than a brawl pro... (editing this comment was more technical than brawl)"
-"I figured i would wait until brawl comes out to get into the competitive scene but then it turns out... well... meh."
-Editing his post so he didn't triple or quadruple post

Gold Stars Earned: 4

If all new people to the boards were as smart as this guy, 5150 would be out of a job.

In case you need any on-the-road or general questions my phone number is 773.789.1318, and my name is Damian, so you don't have to butcher my gamertag.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
I stumble back onto SWF by mistake, and what do I find? People are playing a game that requires skill?

That might just be enough to bring me back to the community.

_kSo_

Smash Master
after reading the side conversations, i've decided to participate in this midwest smash shenaniganry

I'm going to make ckit take me :p

also, bringing a TV, cube + smash, and a power strip

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
I can't believe this is the same date. That blows.
Yeah, I know. If I wasn't having that party, I'd totally be down for some Melee. Either way, you should come out afterwards. It might not be my actual birthday, but I only get one 21st party, so it will be ****ing amazing.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeah, I know. If I wasn't having that party, I'd totally be down for some Melee. Either way, you should come out afterwards. It might not be my actual birthday, but I only get one 21st party, so it will be ****ing amazing.
That would have been the plan if i wasn't housing. [SAD FACE]

Top Bottom