• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai becomes a pro...

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Imagine Sakurai changed his mind and decided to start playing competitively.
Given his personality, and that he has infinite knowledge of the game's hitboxes and mechanics, which character would he main?

GOGOGO

Life

Smash Hero
Surprised it took someone as long as it did to say MK.

That being said, I think DDD since he did the voice for him (apparently).

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
In all desperation, call on Ganon to do the dirty work. Of course.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Brawl has no skill, therefor no "pros". I'm 99% sure this sakurai guy has never played any smash besides brawl, he prob never even heard of smash64.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Brawl has no skill, therefor no "pros". I'm 99% sure this sakurai guy has never played any smash besides brawl, he prob never even heard of smash64.
Nothing beats the smell of troll in the morning.

I'd say Kirby. The dude made the puff ball, it only makes sense that he'd be loyal to his creation.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Infinite knowledge of the game? Ok then...

First, Sakurai uses Ganon, and proceeds to stomp everyone.

After tiring of that, he picks characters which have the poorest matchup against the other player. And, of course, proceeds to stomp everyone anyway.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yeah I bet Mew2King knows about as much about the game as he does. Knowledge about the game itself though is one thing. Knowledge about the metagame is a different thing, and Sakurai probably knows nothing about this, so he wouldn't just start out being pro with every character.
For example, based on game knowledge alone and disregarding match-up experience, you wouldn't know how good MK or Snake are or how bad Ganondorf is right away. Otherwise the game would have been much better balanced.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
What are you guys talking about? He already mains tripping.

Benify

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eggn0g
3DS FC
5214-9751-3548
A lot of people who play brawl have said that Sakurai Doesn't even like the Legend of Zelda series, maybe because of the many pictures on the dojo of them getting hurt.. :dizzy: . He would main The Kirby characters. Well, he did create them and made them all powerful in brawl.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Imagine Sakurai changed his mind and decided to start playing competitively.
Given his personality, and that he has infinite knowledge of the game's hitboxes and mechanics, which character would he main?

GOGOGO
Why do people actually think that the development team actually spent time developing hitboxes or mechanics. This isn't Street Fighter. They just finished the character and threw them in the game. There was no "knowledge" of anything.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
So Falcon, Fox, Sheik and Jigglypuff being nerfed was coincidence?
They didn't get nerfed they are just horrible because the Brawl team doesn't understand how to properly design characters. Being "nerfed" would imply they actually gave a **** about character balance, and clearly they don't.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kind of reminds me how I felt I had difficulty in determining the playstyles of the characters.

And when did Daigo say Brawl isn't a fighting game? I know JWong said the series isn't, but I never heard Daigo say that.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
They didn't get nerfed they are just horrible because the Brawl team doesn't understand how to properly design characters. Being "nerfed" would imply they actually gave a **** about character balance, and clearly they don't.
Again, so it's a coincidence that those specific characters that were good in Melee were nerfed for Brawl?

Why is Falcon's Knee so much worse? Why is Fox's reflector worse? Why is Peach's Down Smash worse?

It's not a coincidence, this is pretty much the same team who fixed Sheik's dthrow chain grab for the PAL version, they aren't completely oblivious to their own game like you seem to think.

IYM!

Smash Lord
is obvious that his main will be kirby,

only, you must play sub emisary to realize what I say,

kirby did all the awesomes things in the game,

(he destroyed a giant canon with a f****** item!!!!!!!, GOD!!!)

kirby is the sakurai's favorite character.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Not really. The reason characters have so many strange stuff in Brawl is because it is known that Brawl wasnt finished at the time, but they were forced to release the game since it had been delayed 5000 times already. Melee and Smash64 set a much better example.

:053:

Top Bottom