• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Answers 100 Questions From Fans

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
Q78: When you’re late, what is your best excuse to get you through any kind of dilemma?

Sakurai: I say, “I made a mistake! I’m very sorry! It won’t happen again!” to apologize. In the end, I think that’s the best way of solving a problem.
Please understand.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
A parent hitting their child isn't really that big of a deal over in the East. It happens all the time, mainly for discipline reasons. My Asian parents did it a lot when I was younger. Not saying it's right to hit your kid (I personally don't think it's right to resort to physical violence to settle any disputes, but that's just me), but I'm just saying that it really isn't that personal. Don't worry about Sakurai. :D

NerfHerder19

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or do some of these questions come out of nowhere, not that Im complaining

Wes762

Smash Cadet
NNID
wes762
Q98: If the green light is running out, do you accelerate and go for it?

Sakurai: I was taught to step on the gas when the light is yellow.

Yes! My thoughts exactly.

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
I have a question for him: After everything that's happened in the past 2 years, what does he think of the competitive community for Smash now?

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
"Q20: What is your game-making motto?

Sakurai: See things from the player’s perspective. Don’t limit the possibilities of gameplay."
LIES

Szion

Smash Journeyman
So Sakurai basically confirmed there should be no tier list for Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Should be no.

but that doesnt mean there isnt one...or that he isnt wrong...or that some characters are literally stronger than others. sooo

Spoon_Smash

Smash Rookie
100 questions from the fans? Honestly? Because I see nothing about Melee HD! This was rigged.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
100 questions from the fans? Honestly? Because I see nothing about Melee HD! This was rigged.
If any Smash game was going to get an HD remake, it would be the original first. The original would get its own HD remake, then Melee, then Brawl, and whenever it comes time for Nintendo to have an Ultra HD system, then Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. But by the time that happens, we may end up having Super Smash Bros. 6 or 7 (seeing as the Wii U and 3DS games are two separate games; same roster, different stages, different modes).

StripedNinja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StripedNinja
Well, he's the creator of the game series, so he has insight on every little thing within the series that we possibly don't even know about yet. Ever thought about that?
The creator has no extra input on the metagame that the community does not. Thats what metagame IS.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
In regards to the "father hitting" question, it could of been that the question included both hitting and play hitting. Hitting kids isn't that much of a taboo as in the States. Now...wailing on them is obviously bad but I don't think that's what the question is implying.

It's like maybe Sakurai did something bad as a kid and got a spanking or a small punch yo the forehead. I've see teachers haul the off and throws kids onto the ground, hit them in the forehead, yank them by the collar, kick them, and slap them with the book when they do something stupid or bad here in Japan. Sometimes, it's like "hahaha the teacher is being goofy with the teacher" while other times its like "holy **** that teachwe just pushed the kid out of the classroom."
I thought something like this was the case.

If it was legit abuse it would have been told as far worse right?

Astro Bro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2530-5359
Q64: Mr. Sakurai, do you break girls’ hearts? Or do they break yours?
Sakurai: They break mine.
Bet they wish they hadn't now, huh?

Top Bottom