• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai and Animated Series

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Diddy Whoa.jpg

Diddy's expression reminds me very much of the DKC cartoon.
This is making me curious if it was accidental or not, and if it wasn't, how else can Sakurai tie in animated series with Smash Bros?

Forgot to mention Dedede also. That's important.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It seems the same way with Dedede.
HIS expressions look a lot like Right Back at Ya'!

Maybe they will even get the anime's voice actor.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Whether it's the actual series that's inspired him or not, I am glad to see the characters looking lighter and more fun. I mean it's a monkey with a hat on, he NEEDS to be silly.

D

Deleted member

Regardless if it was inspired by the cartoon show or not, I am really liking these character expressions! They are absolutely hilarious and make the characters colorful and full of life.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Wasn't the Captain Falcon's appearance in Brawl changed to reflect the F-Zero anime?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Wasn't the Captain Falcon's appearance in Brawl changed to reflect the F-Zero anime?
I think that Captain Falcon from Smash inspired his anime incarnation more than the other way around.
That being said I don't think Falcon changed much move wise.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
This may just be me, but whenever DK raises his eyebrows in DKCTF, he looks quite a bit like his animated series incarnation.

Top Bottom