• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sacramento & Yolo County SMASHERS!

Bumblebomber

Smash Rookie
First of all, hello! This is my first post here on the Smashboards, and gosh darn it I want to make it a fulfilling one (hopefully, at least!)

I come with a mission: I want to be social. I'm sure a lot of people on the Smashboards would like a bit of social interaction when playing a very couch-comfy game like Super Smash Bros. So, here I am, asking if the Sacramento and Yolo County (specifically Woodland, my home town) Smash Bros. Brawl players could step out and maybe get together at some point to play some matches, hang out and have fun. I don't have the residence to host such meetings, though, so I'm hoping one of you, if there are any, would be so kind to put some days together or something.

Otherwise, this could be a SAC / YOLO Smash Bros. discussion thread for any future get-togethers or Smashfests that anyone might have or are thinking about hosting. If there are any close by, I am very much looking forward to making appearances and playing some games with you awesome people, learning as well as having fun. HOLLAR at the BEE, friends!

Anomalous Adam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Anomalous_Adam
3DS FC
2020-0165-2865
Hello BumbleBomber,

I reply with a mission: To get BumbleBomber's attention. If you're reading this, Bumblebomber, it means that my plan worked.

I'm a traveling vagabond so I usually rely on couchsurfing to get around. Do you have any room mates or are you alone? I could come live with you for awhile and be your smash bro.

Bumblebomber

Smash Rookie
Hello BumbleBomber,

I reply with a mission: To get BumbleBomber's attention. If you're reading this, Bumblebomber, it means that my plan worked.

I'm a traveling vagabond so I usually rely on couchsurfing to get around. Do you have any room mates or are you alone? I could come live with you for awhile and be your smash bro.
Uh, I'm afraid I'm not looking for roommates. I'm just here for the gameplay.

If you are ever interested in Melee then I am interested in playing. Otherwise, I hope you find the people you are looking for.
Ah, shoot! I mean, I can play Melee, but I don't have any controllers to do so and might have to mooch. It's also been quite a while since I've played Melee, so it might be a bit lame to have a person that pretty much sucks at it to play against.

Likewise to you, though! I hope you find people to buddy up with in Sac/Yolo County, friend.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Oh don't worry about me ^__^ I know lots of people around I can Smash with.

Is the reason you aren't looking for Melee simply because you don't have the equipment or are you looking for Brawl because you enjoy it more? I'm just wondering because I would totally be down to have you over and play Melee sometime if you are interested in playing Melee. (I have an extra controller in good condition)

If you are interested in Melee, however, I should let you know that I am a proponent of high-level play(knowing that matters to some people).

Last edited:

Bumblebomber

Smash Rookie
Oh don't worry about me ^__^ I know lots of people around I can Smash with.

Is the reason you aren't looking for Melee simply because you don't have the equipment or are you looking for Brawl because you enjoy it more? I'm just wondering because I would totally be down to have you over and play Melee sometime if you are interested in playing Melee. (I have an extra controller in good condition)

If you are interested in Melee, however, I should let you know that I am a proponent of high-level play(knowing that matters to some people).
Equipment is the main reasoning behind it, and also because, after being deaf to the community for a long, long while, even when Melee was just out and about, I was just doing my own thing with my brothers and playing with them. Fast forward nearly ten years later (or so, I don't remember when Melee came out; I just know I was pretty young) and I just now found out that Wavedashing and other "advanced techniques" have been utilized since... seemingly the beginning of Melee's time, though don't quote me on that. I'm not an advanced player by any stretch of the means, and my hands only move so fast and I can only think so fast, as well. While I do enjoy my Brawl with great enthusiasm, I'll probably be one of the first Brawl followers that will admit that Melee is just the faster game with a deeper meta game to tag along with that intense action, which also makes me shy away from it considering what I said before about having bad technicalities with fighting games (don't even get me started on my Street Fighter skills...don't ask, don't tell, right?)

In short, having a Wii Classic Controller Pro and a WiiMote on hand is a big thing about me looking for Brawl players, but the high skill ceiling of Melee is something that makes me feel like I'm too late to give the game a second shot, whereas with Brawl it is a slower paced game that I got the feel for fairly quickly and feel confident playing the slower game of the two.

Anomalous Adam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Anomalous_Adam
3DS FC
2020-0165-2865
Bumblebomber,

You say you aren't looking for room mates, but we both know the truth: You're a smash boards tsundere! The moment you meet me and our eyes lock in the heated battle of a smash brothers match you will know that I'm the one you've been searching for, mwahahaha. I live in Glendale(Los Angeles), I was kidding about the living with you thing(Half kidding, shh) and as a former east coast champion I will duel with you and train you to become an elite master!(No rly, I'm actually pro)

JOIN ME BUMBLEBOMBER, TAKE MY HAND AND WE WILL SOAR.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
You're right that the skill ceiling is really high in Melee, but there are better resources for getting good at it than there ever have been in the past, so its actually a pretty good time to get good. I understand wanting to play a game you are already comfortable in, but if you ever wanna get good with Melee I can help you out.

Bumblebomber

Smash Rookie
You're right that the skill ceiling is really high in Melee, but there are better resources for getting good at it than there ever have been in the past, so its actually a pretty good time to get good. I understand wanting to play a game you are already comfortable in, but if you ever wanna get good with Melee I can help you out.
Such a tempting offer. I'll keep my hand in my pocket for now, but when I want to learn me some Melee, I'll come back to you and ask for some sparring!

Top Bottom