• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sa2vation Results Ft: Cyrain, Chillindude, Redd, CT Zero, Lie, Seagull

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to
Zero for winning this. Good ****
Seagull for making me hate Wolf even more now.
Cheese for doing well even though he hasnt played in forever.
Logic for being taken out by NY <3 jk gg's
Slug for a fun set
Tantalus for running a great event. Seriously, this tournament was very well ran I was impressed.
Bloodynite for taking Logic to game 3 as Ganon. That low tier hype!
2fast for being a really nice guy and fun to play against.
TC1 for not knowing when to stop mm'ing me. <3
EE for being a funny dude while running the tournament. Good **** lol

Shoutouts to MD/VA for being an awesome region.

chillindude829

Smash Master
good to see some old faces at this tourney, shoutout to slikvik/yo/nacker/aero, hope yall keep coming out

also proud to say i didnt destroy any of jcaesar's valuable electronics at this event

hot$

Smash Ace
Poor doh. You almost had him game 5 :/

Thanks to savy for reserving room. And tant and CTL for running things.
I had alot of fun, glad I came out. Ggs to everyone I played with.
Also good **** JC with p:m. I'll have to practice my pm-fied brawl chars. Also good job to redd. Lol @ Marth game 2 tho.
Ps good **** to all the random out of state people there

:phone:

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
I knew there were a lot of people, but damn this is so many. I can already tell that I didn't get to play everyone at least once, or at least remember everyone's names, and I'm sad that I couldn't, but here's the best that I can do with shoutouts:

Redd & Chillin - Thanks so much for those exciting sets! I realize now how much more fun it is to watch a hype set live than on stream and I hope to see more of them from you guys at any future tournaments :)
The Sage - Thank you for giving me a chance in teams. I knew we would be able to do well together and I'll make it a high priority to work on my teams play with respecting your teammate and maintaining stage control. I hope we team again soon! :bee:
Milkman - Thanks again for driving! We need to stop being matched up to play each other in teams :(
ChivalRuse - Thanks for the general matchup advice! It was really insightful and helpful to have someone explain what one should do in certain situations than to read it in text.
Strong Bad & Slikvik - GGs in the singles bracket to both of you guys! You were both really chill and I'm sorry if I may have seemed depressed/emo afterwards; it's just how I make myself want to work harder.
BigWenz & CTL - Thanks for running melee so efficiently :) I actually like that things got pushed back so much because it gave me time to eat and get warmed up again between doubles and singles haha.
GIMR - Thanks for running the stream! I wish I could have gotten a couple matches on stream, but I understand how busy things were for you, so props for keeping it all organized throughout the day. :)
Arcadia - dude you suck, get better noob.
KingofCereal - I loved the friendlies we got to have! Playing a character that isn't top tier is always really interesting for me. It's a good way to test how well I can adapt to a matchup that I don't know much about.

With all that said, I had a lot of fun and I'm glad I got the chance to come despite my terrible performance in singles. GGs everyone :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
nintendude

im coming for u

at the next tourney we fight at

ur going down

(full shoutouts at a later date)

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
Are there any vids???

MD/VA are terrible with vids, plx step it up

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I need to bring my recording setup next time/get a better recording setup

Also CTL to be fair you did have the top 3 placers in the same half of the bracket

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Really? One side was me, Chillin, Redd. The other side was you, Wenbo, Cyrain. Only change I would have made was switching Redd with Cyrain or Wenbo.

CTL17

Smash Lord
If Cyrain was playing his best, then it would turn out fine. But since it was apparent that he was not able to play his best, as Wenbo managed to take him out, DoH's side became much easier.

Mike: Originally, you and DoH were switched. My seeding was 1/2: Cyrain/Chillin, 3/4: Redd, Nintendude, 5/6/7/8: DoH, Wenbo, StrongBad, Milkman. Landon called me out for seeding you higher than him and told me to switch you two.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
imo the tournament results are about equivalent to how the current active MD/VA players stack up.

1/2: Chillin/Redd
3/4: DoH/me
5-8: Cyrain, Wenbo, (Vist), Milkman

Ether is probably also in the 5-8 range but he didn't show up.

idk who is overall better between me/DoH. DoH beats me head to head (lol matchup johns), but I've done better overall at recent nationals/regionals (equal placing at Apex, higher at ROM 5, higher at TBH2).

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
This tournament was fun but where was the hyyyyyyype at?

Tantalus- good tournament would have been great with 3 stock and better set up arrangements.

EE-also props for a good brawl tournament and overall cool atmosphere.

JCz+JJvirus- ROB bros good seeing you guys and nice P:M skillz.

Funbun- MD needs more ROB keep at it.

Nima- good set in brawl and thanks for the melee practice.

Raiden- last hit last stock was toooo close but good **** on the W.

Logic/ps/ant/yolo swag- why do I always play you in tournament lol good stuff on the W .

Shoutouts to the old faces slik/takeover/chillin/twins/gimr/MD peeps and brawl /melee peeps both communities were fun to smash with.

10kanackers

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
fwiw i didn't see any real problems w/ the seeding, i enjoyed this tourney CTL

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I really just wanted to play cyrain since I haven't played him in singles since 2009/he was saying there were only 2 contenders for the top spot in MD/VA on fb

THANKS FOR RUINING EVERYTHING WENBO

Bones0

Smash Legend
MD/VA should have a thread that displays what the current seedings are so if people want to ***** they can do it on SmashBoards a week before the tournament, not after round 1 of the tournament...

Also, if you ever do switch someone mid-tourney, at least give their next possible opponents a heads up. It felt really unfair that I was practicing with Chival in preparation for my match with Nintendude, and then I get called to play DoH. I don't think I would have beat either obviously, but it definitely made me play worse than I would have if I had been given some time to get some friendlies vs. Peach in, or at least get in the right mindset. I literally spent 30-45 minutes intently focused on Fox vs. ICs leading up to my match, so it was a bit of a mind**** when I played someone else with literally no warning. It was "Bones, go play DoH. Oh, btw, we changed the bracket..."

Really insignificant in the big picture, so I'm not upset or anything. Just super saiyan.

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
MD/VA should have a thread that displays what the current seedings are so if people want to ***** they can do it on SmashBoards a week before the tournament, not after round 1 of the tournament...

Also, if you ever do switch someone mid-tourney, at least give their next possible opponents a heads up. It felt really unfair that I was practicing with Chival in preparation for my match with Nintendude, and then I get called to play DoH. I don't think I would have beat either obviously, but it definitely made me play worse than I would have if I had been given some time to get some friendlies vs. Peach in, or at least get in the right mindset. I literally spent 30-45 minutes intently focused on Fox vs. ICs leading up to my match, so it was a bit of a mind**** when I played someone else with literally no warning. It was "Bones, go play DoH. Oh, btw, we changed the bracket..."

Really insignificant in the big picture, so I'm not upset or anything. Just super saiyan.
I thoroughly support the idea of a local ranking system.

Even just something basic like the average placing in regionals....

E.g. over last 2 years, Redd would have like 2.8 or something

Shouldn't be too hard to update

Bones0

Smash Legend
I mean, I know Sypher was working on something like Elo ratings and stuff, but I'm just talking about a simple list of what seed each player current has, and all MD/VA TOs can just seed tournaments based on that list instead of it potentially varying every tournament due to biases of the TOs. If a player is unhappy with his seed, he can dispute it publicly and the community can either support increasing that player's seed or oppose it. It wouldn't really be rankings because (just going off of this tournament's results), you would have both Redd and Chillin at 1st seed, and which side of the bracket they get would be determined randomly by Tio. If they complain at the tourney that they should be seeded higher, we will be able to tell them "oh well, should've argued about it before tourney day". Again, not trying to call out CTL or DoH or anyone else for the bracket change itself, but rather how it was done.

chillindude829

Smash Master
imo the tournament results are about equivalent to how the current active MD/VA players stack up.

1/2: Chillin/Redd
3/4: DoH/me
5-8: Cyrain, Wenbo, (Vist), Milkman

Ether is probably also in the 5-8 range but he didn't show up.

idk who is overall better between me/DoH. DoH beats me head to head (lol matchup johns), but I've done better overall at recent nationals/regionals (equal placing at Apex, higher at ROM 5, higher at TBH2).
no offense dude but cyrain is clearly on me/redds level, he won a tourney last week with both of us present

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
1. Cyrain on a good day
2. Pound V Wenbo Falcon (heretoforth known as "Wenbolicious")
3. Double Ds
4. Everyone loves Kashan Khan
5. Darkness of Down Smash
6. This is Chu Dat. Except, not
7. ~_~
8. Convistent as always
dead last. Haven't ate in 8 days..slept in 6 nights

unlisted: "I'm actually the best but I live in SoVa", Pound V champ Clyde the Glyde, and IT MUST BE VOODOO

^^^^
here's you're ranking. you guys can thank me later

Note: I haven't played half the list in almost 2 years

chillindude829

Smash Master
assuming we're including the entirety of md/va i think the list would go:
me, cyrain, redd, doh, ether, nintendude, wenbo, vist, boss, milkman

plank would probably be in there if he existed

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Lmfao @ Nintendude being a fahking idiot.
Despite the fact that 33rd is an all time low for me, I outplaced all of the people you put above me at the most recent major (Apex) as well as beating Redd in two BO5s with my secondary character like a week ago.

-Edit-
Btw, I agree with Chillin's list except I'd put lactaid lad higher and on a really ****ing good day I'd honestly say it's hard to tell who is better between Chillin and I. For now I'll concede 1st to him though.

And DoH sorry I played so poorly. I am working with a broken controller at the moment and was on 1 hour of sleep at the tournament due to some extreme emotional circumstances at home. Was on the verge of tears throughout a large portion of the tournament that day. I apologize for my ****ty/sour mood.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I really just wanted to play cyrain since I haven't played him in singles since 2009/he was saying there were only 2 contenders for the top spot in MD/VA on fb

THANKS FOR RUINING EVERYTHING WENBO
I'll ruin your top 3 placing next time too just you wait!!!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Wenbo you're lucky I got bored in game 3 and then woke up in game 5. Coulda been a 3-0

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Lmfao @ beating you with relative ease in our friendlies at RoM and you directly telling me that I ***** you harder than any other fox there. Regardless of who I did or did not beat at Apex, I outplaced all of you. I'm not saying I'm amazing since our region is clearly pretty terrible now, but I AM saying that you're not that good and there isn't really any evidence to support the fact that you are better than me. I doubt any good player in this region would agree with you lmfao.

-Edit-

As far as Redd goes, I love him and our BO5s in Charlottesville and our BO3 at College Park were pretty bad on both sides. Personally I still think I'm better than him, but either way I think he'd agree that none of our recent tournament sets really determine anything as far as skill goes. We played like **** in every single one x_x

Oh and Nintendude, beating someone heads up in a MM clearly does not indicate who the better player is. Placing higher than someone else consistently in tournaments is how you prove yourself. Still be glad to take your money tho.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lmfao @ beating you with relative ease in our friendlies at RoM and you directly telling me that I ***** you harder than any other fox there. Regardless of who I did or did not beat at Apex, I outplaced all of you. I'm not saying I'm amazing since our region is clearly pretty terrible now, but I AM saying that you're not that good and there isn't really any evidence to support the fact that you are better than me. I doubt any good player in this region would agree with you lmfao.

-Edit-

As far as Redd goes, I love him and our BO5s in Charlottesville and our BO3 at College Park were pretty bad on both sides. Personally I still think I'm better than him, but either way I think he'd agree that none of our recent tournament sets really determine anything as far as skill goes. We played like **** in every single one x_x

Oh and Nintendude, beating someone heads up in a MM clearly does not indicate who the better player is. Placing higher than someone else consistently in tournaments is how you prove yourself. Still be glad to take your money tho.
Beating better players>Placing higher in tourney, however, placing top 3 more often then another person consistently indicates both.

:018:

Nintendude

Smash Hero

-Edit-

Dude you got 17th at ROM 5 lol, and yeah you were beating me in like 2 friendlies at ROM 5 but if you think beating someone in a MM doesn't indicate anything, then certainly friendlies matter even less. I'm not sure why this discussion is now becoming whether I suck or not, as that wasn't even the point. I actually have some pretty decent victories under my belt.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
1) that board **** talk

2) this is going to be solved with the elo system as it will enable objective seeding

3) bones, posting seeding is not necessarily the best idea simply because people have wildly varying and strong opinions on who's better than who...also @ your preparation thing...bracket probably shouldn't even be revealed to the players.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
You asked for a MM so I was just pointing out a direct quote from you about the fact that I ***** you harder than any other fox main. And **** for some reason I thought I got 25th at RoM so shoutouts to myself for placing higher, but that was my first real tournament after my hiatus and I forfeit out of winners because I had to player Ether as my first match. Granted, I did it to myself, but either way I didn't give all too much of a **** after that. All of that being said, this isn't about whether or not you suck. I'm just arguing that there's pretty much no evidence to support the idea that you would be above me in this region's PRs. As of right now, I firmly believe that Chillin is the best in our region and I am second. Sypher is right though. The **** will get sorted out on its own soon enough.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Clearly we don't have enough data to see where Nintendude is ranked. He hasn't even been here for a year yet. Let's adjourn this argument for the summer.

Top Bottom