• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Brawl Power Rankings v6.0 - UPDATE (7/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yeah it was Gords.

Doesn't bother me, cause I know I could've beaten him if I didn't use the third worst character in the game :p

I mean, if my next match wasn't against Attila, then I would've actually tried, but I wanted to see how I would do, so I'm happy with that.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Doesn't bother me, cause I know I could've beaten him if I didn't use the third worst character in the game :p
You chose to use Jigglypuff - you chose to lose. Gords was better than you because you chose badly - can't really say you "know" you could have beaten him. That's like me saying I know I could have beaten Splice (to choose a name at semi-random) if I chose Diddy rather than Lucas - completely empty opinion :p

*sigh* and I was agreeing with you somewhat on this page as well.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I know I could've beaten him because I beat him in Meta Knight with pools with little effort and I have a decent amount of experience in the match-up, actually.

I'm not going to deny that character selection is a skill and that Gords outplayed me in this match. I am not going to pretend however that he is better than me overall or that I could not beat him if I didn't "sandbag".

MTGod

Smash Champion
It's only sandbagging if you win. If you lose, you're just playing bad.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
My point still stands no matter what you call it.

Gords outplayed me in this tournament by having a better drive to win at the character select screen. It still doesn't bother me that I lost though, because, as I said before, I know I could've beaten him with Meta Knight.

If you want to say that Gords is better than me though, I won't stop you, it means very little to me.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Very sophisticated. Annoyingly so, because I was under the impression you were susceptible to people arguing against you and I was ready for a couple of pages of debate :p Ah well, touche XD

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I used to argue over basically any disagreement, but after pages and pages of getting nowhere, I've basically killed that bad habit :)

I still try and debate when I feel I can change someone's opinion and the result of said debate actually matters, but otherwise, I just don't bother, lol.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I've clearly joined the party too late then :p But yeah, I'll stop spamming up your thread now, Adelaide.

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey grim, Gords could have beaten you with Meta Knight.

Did you ever stop to think about that? HUH?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
gords could have beaten you with his **** too, bet you didtn account for that.

gords was just trying to be nice and give you a break, but now you've awoken the fury

also you got rolled by mtgod, where you at where you at!?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Yeah it was Gords.

I mean, if my next match wasn't against Attila, then I would've actually tried, but I wanted to see how I would do, so I'm happy with that.
just a heads up that i sd'd at 0 percent on the last stock of the match i lost by buffering a nair offstage.

just a heads up...

Ghostbone

Smash Master
To get this back on track...

The PR will probably be updated after this weekend, and everyone can look forward to no more Meta Knights on there.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
My prediction:
1. Apollo (Zero Suit Samus)
2. Ghostbone (Diddy Kong, Peach)
3. Grim Tuesday (Ice Climbers)
4. Allens (Donkey Kong)
5. Ant (Snake)
6. Aces (Olimar)
7. Btmans (Toon Link)
8. Mozza (Falco, Fox)
9. Oli (Fox)
10. ? (?)

Ghostbone

Smash Master
My prediction:
1. Apollo (Zero Suit Samus)
2. Ghostbone (Diddy Kong, Peach)
3. Grim Tuesday (Ice Climbers)
4. Allens (Donkey Kong)
5. Ant (Snake)
6. Aces (Olimar)
7. Btmans (Toon Link)
8. Mozza (Falco, Fox)
9. Oli (Fox)
10. ? (?)
zomg the character diversity

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
i quoted the wrong thing, and cbf changing it. this was in reference to the set between myself and allen.
Ah, ok.

also, didn't know you used ice climbers... any reason why i haven't seen them before?
Because I've never used ICs before. I can use them due to Melee experience, but I've never actually taken them seriously before.

They are alright, just a little inconsistent. I just need some more experience with them and they'll be tournament worthy (i.e. I drop the majority of my chain-grabs at least once when I get to around 100%).

Splice

Smash Hero
why would only ics be next to your name on the pr if u've never used them before

Splice

Smash Hero
Grims Acheivements with ICs:

Timed out by Splice once in a friendly

That puts you 3rd on the PR with the character? :p
well i guess i'm flattered.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Melee and brawl ics are so different lol.

I think you should change that.

:phone:
Pivot and dash-dance desyncs are similar timing, same with chain-grabs. My sopo and general spacing carries over as well.

Grims Acheivements with ICs:

Timed out by Splice once in a friendly

That puts you 3rd on the PR with the character? :p
well i guess i'm flattered.
Watch as I come 3rd (or 2nd) at SGX with Ice Climbers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom