• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S3 Comic!! 29th Breaking news!! *Update: 06/12/2007*

Stryks

Smash Hero
Comics

Story

29th Breaking news!!

I like how this comic turned out, a lot of humor parts, and well the whole eclipse thing wont be explained in the next comic, until later on, but you'll understand when its explained XD

wait 2 comics in one week?! ZOMG!! =O

Random

15th DemonCaterpie's Birthday!

This came to me while I was in the bathroom, thats where I get my best jokes... for a reason...

Fancomics

Strykman meets Megaman!! by Colbusman

Miscellanous

Wtf a drawing?! Thats rite, ive been drawing even since I was a kid, but until recently have made it more of a hobbie now, usually i do some funny stuff, but sometimes do some killer armor and helemets.. .why IDK :p anyway Ill update some of my work here later on...

Archive:

Story:
1st Target: Found
2nd Confrontation
3rd False accusations
4th Strength in numbers
5th OMG A GURL??!!1!one
6th Strykman the player
7th Leadership
8th Enter: Chaos
9th Fall of the Javelin
10th Light vs Shadow
11th Light Blade Strikes
12th Return of Darkness
13th Show me your moves!
14th Dark vs Shadow
15th The second light returns
16th Second light vs Shadow
17th Forbidden move
18th Body and Soul
19th The unstopable Chaos
20th New Shadow
21th Enter: Skull Face
22th End chapter 1
23th Nightmares
24th Enter: Rex!
25th Tingle Violence!!
26th The Shadow Eyes
27th Begin Flashbacks!
28th GIMPY COMBO!!!

Random comics:
1st Strykman + toaster = bad
2nd Madness
3rd Press Start
4th Press Start 2
5th Giant enemy crab
6th Stupidity in HD
7th Press Start - Ocarina of Time
8th Melee Comic
9th Press Start - Wind Waker
10th Preview to S&S
11th Deoxys unconfirmed
12th SSBB = anti waluigi
13th Newcomer: Ike
14th Ridley for brawl

Fancomics:
Pokemon Trainers by Demon Caterpie
Tekun meets Saber by DH_Ninja
Shoop da Woop!! by Legolastom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters

Name: Stryks
Place of birth/Date: Tijuana, BC, Mexico 12/04/1989
Hobbies: SSBM, Wii, Making comics, Music, Movies, Flaming n00bs on SWF
Main in SSBM: Mario
Known abilities: Light Blade

The creator of Strykman, Stryks is based, well on me, a while back there was never a day I wouldnt use a hat, rite now I rarely use it, but since I dont want to modify my sprite, me being lazy and all, I decided to keep it...

I joined SWF about a year and a month ago, the experience here sure has helped me in Melee, and long before I joined here, I use to make sprite comics with saber, in the end they were never revealed in the internet, and I gave up on it, a few months ago I was inspired and decided to bring it back, some of those inspiration was legolastom, whose also making a comic, and kinda convinced me to bring this back, so hope u enjoy, more complex stuff on the profile l8r, mi sis needs the compc XD...

(Profile by saber, so dont believe most of it)
Name: Saber
Origin: from ...>_>...hmm
Birthplace/date: Tijuana B.C./sept 29 1989
hobbies: Play videogames(mostly smash and tetris), Myspace, hook up with gurlsss, play more videogames!!, sleep, play guitar!!!, play in a band, sleep, hear music, bob loblaw..blah...
Main in SSBM: Falco
Known abilities: Dark Blaster

The creation of the name came from starwars after i took away the light from a lightsaber, he likes to eat tortas del washmobile and tortas del ranchito (If u dont understand its ok, ur not mexican :p), he enjoys going to smashtournaments and loves hardcore music!!

A Very plain but demanding character, like a sargeant but not a sargeant(SP?), Saber likes to make fun of people and enjoys a good laugh, while playing smash, he likes to stand up and give the pwnage sign(Ex: "Oh you like that, yEah take that")...more will be added later on

Name: Strykman
Place of Birth: Stryks's Basement
Hobbies: SSBM, DS, Wii, MP: Hunters, Movies, Not thinking
Main in SSBM: Pichu (Yeah dont believe it either)
Known abilities: -- --

Strykman, a robot created in my basement, well aint very bright, as u can tell in the 1st comic, but hes still awesome, and hes good for a laugh, even when hes not triying to make us laugh...

Hes incredibly obssesed with his DS, and especially MP:Hunters, he hates Trace from the game, saying "His invisibility and sniper abilities are broken, might as well give him a chain saw while theyre at it!", yet when hes bored after multiple loses, hes actually quite good with pichu (shocking), and is always a great guy to play with, even though he aint a guy, more like a teenage robot with little knowledge of whats happening in the current moment, who calls me dad even thought it not biologicaly hes dad, just his creator, never the less hes a great guy XD

Strykman is inspired by a lot of things (thats rite hes a fictional character OMG), one of them by my behavior as a kid, I usually did similair if not stupider things that he does (and no I didnt put my hand in a toaster), and yet kinda reflects my child like personality I have (dont have that personality as much as I did 3 years ago, but u get the idea), I created him a long time ago, back when I was 14-15, but until now he makes his internet debut, normally he would be celebrating but he just got headshot in MPH and is starting to complain about Trace again...

Name: Javelin
Place of birth: Unknown
Hobbies: Fighting

Javelin is one of my 1st creations when I started making sprites and comics, being actually my 2nd, next to Strykman, he use to be names Javelinman, but decided Javelin would be more appropiate, the markings and sunglasses are part of protoman, while the mouth-thingy is something I added for my own twist...

Javelin wasnt always so protective with her sister Ruby, but after a certain incident he made a promise to protect her, hes pretty much a fighter, being programmed that way, his main weapon, the Javelin, is one of many, MANY Javelins, if one breaks, Javelin can summon another on the spot...

Name: Ruby
Place of birth: Unknown
Hobbies: Girl Stuff

The typical teen girl, Ruby is a pretty nice most of the time, but can get pretty mad if provoqued, I decided to give Javelin a sister, dont know why, kinda reminds me of my sister, but way less agressive, she use to be called Javalleen, kinda like Javelin, she had one of those weird hats who name I cant remember and pink hair, but decided to make her a red head, and named her ruby, since ruby are red...

She been traveling with her borther for some time, she usually complains, but understands the seriousness of the situation, when in trouble she can relly with her own buster, but being a Orange-basic buster, the damage it does is weak but can easily take down any human...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits:

Fatsatan (some sprites poses fro strykman)
speedster/mariorocks21 (use their mario hat for strykman :p)
ZinDinTimeYum (Peach sprites)
Dokoco (Toad sprites)
Semijuggalo (Link sprites)
Fat Italy (loz stage)
DrShnaps2000 (Ganondorf)
(More will be named, once I use something from other people in the comic)

saberhof

Smash Master
alriiight, it begins, hope everyone enjoys >.> lol maybe we will add the mods if theyd like hehe.

PS: we just gotta work on the text we use for the comic man. and the outlining for the squares.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
This is great and very funny... by the looks of it it has already become more popular than mine
: (

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ok... and how often are you gonna update this? or just whenever you feel like it?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Haha glad everyone is liking the comic, oh and about updates: I dont really know how many times i'll update the comic, since well I only have a few ideas rite now for some and I guess the updates will be random for a while, 'til I make more comics and be able to update on particular days...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thanx amigo, will do XD
Im gonna finish 2 comics tomorrow, but will just update one, to keep the hype going... or something...
anyway spread the word: Stryks's and saber's comic is here! :p

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Another quality comic and heres for many more *holds glass up*... *silence*... *Puts glass down*

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thanx lego, I could have put a plain 8-bit mario sprite there, but it wouldnt have been as funny, since I can do so little on marios face, so I just put strykman in there with marios clothes :p, I'll probably update tomorrow, or on monday XD

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Great the updates are going at a good steady pace keep it up.

(You have any tips for making sprites anyway?)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well not many, I im incredibly bad at shading, sometimes I surprised myself, like on the TV and in stryks clothes, but we'll the easiest way is grabbing an already existing srpite, Ill give u and example with strykman:

All I did was grab a megaman sprite, change the colors, and took aways the helmet, just giving him hair, I didnt want him to look so robotic, and made a line that conected to his belt-thingy to his collar-thingy, obcourse u can be more creative and add more stuff, I made this guy 3 years ago and I like how he is right now...

Look in the internet, your bound to find tutorials somewhere, sorry if I aint much help :p

Legolastom

Smash Hero
(Thats why i always thought of him when someone said Mega man)

Well thanks for the help anyway its much appreciated so thanks.

And you should do more where they get out of their blue house.

O yhea and have you noticed how unpopular the arts section is?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah its a shame how unpopular the art section is :p
Yeah im planning to get them out of the house sooner or later, it will come XD

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
alriiight, it begins, hope everyone enjoys >.> lol maybe we will add the mods if theyd like hehe.

PS: we just gotta work on the text we use for the comic man. and the outlining for the squares.
beautiful! i love it! good job! i lol'd at that toaster one tho, that was gold!

SHL spam FTW!!!! *even though i don't use falco*

Legolastom

Smash Hero

"And this is the one i made earlier"

Hey what do you think my first one (Foolish mistake i used a samus sprite... and we all know she wears a power suit but he is designed to be a robot inspired by strykman. It aint that good seeing as i don't really know how to shade or anything but still what do you think.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Actually not bad, did u by any chance use my sprite as a base? the feet and the figure of the pants look similair to mine :p...

Yeah not bad, being ur 1st or second try, keep practicing, heres what our old sprites look compared to our newer versions, so u can ce with a little practice how much u can improve:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I see and thanks i will keep practicing (The arm is actually Lloyd's from tales of symphonia) and the difference between the old and new i quite big in your ones lol i can see how you have improved.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thanx kriltex, will do!

@ Lego: Yeah I know, believe me its a pain at 1st, when I 1st started I had no lines and just improvised when I was makin the comic, big error there, and I did ridicolously big backgrounds, and super small characters, and my 1st character was just a green megaman with wings, so yeah I can say ive improved a bit :p

Also the Old saber sprite, that was actually made by saber, u can tell he didnt know quite well how to place the color, I decided to upgrade his sprite as well so I make it look better and nos his shield is on the correct side every time :p just keep practicing...

saberhof

Smash Master
kewl, i also make sprite comics (sorta), can i join?

the only problem with my sprite comics is i get bored and lazy after making a couple of panels, but if i feel motivated enough, i would finish it. still making my character's sprite sheet.......
No :)......

Stryks

Smash Hero
*Already answered Urban*
Anyway thanx saber for that detailed answer :p...
Thing is me and saber have been doing sprites since we were in the same school, and we arent thinking in adding any guy soon, saber still needs to start his OWN comics (the ones that have been appearing are mine :p), and unless ur very talented on the sprite making, I doubt we;ll add anyone soon to the team, sorry XD

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
HOW DISSAPPOINTING! OhWeLl~

guess ill just ask else where~

it's ok, don't mind me, i mean, you ONLY crushed my soul, i'll be just okay! not like i really WANTED to or anything! but since SoMe people just like to throw aside other peoples HOPES and DREAMS, then i guess i was wrong in coming here~

i'll be okay~ i promise~ not like i'm gonna CRY or anything~

bah... not even that cool of a comic...

yeah that was just a joke........... harumph...

Top Bottom