• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.S.B.S Tournament, Tomball 12/11/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clever

Smash Journeyman
**** I wish I could go....but as iut stands right now I have no money

Maybe I'll be able to scrounge up some between now an then. =o

Anyone wanna be nice enough to lend me $10, Ill pay back of course.

Jobob

Smash Rookie
I'm working on it. I mean, it just wouldn't be the same if the swordless people in this tournament was limited to Kailo.

Besides, I've managed to build up enough rust to be able to win for sure this time.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
So what are the exact details, like time, location and entry fee?

Cause I might actually be able to go :)

Either say it here or aim it to me at: Dr DrewtheDragon

Jobob

Smash Rookie
Location: De_Bunker in Tomball. It's at the corner of 249 and 2920 in Tomball. (The parking lot with the movie theater in it).
Date: Saturday, Oct 15th
Time: 1pm to finish, which is usually around 7:30, but it sounds like Seth is actually trying to start everything at a reasonable time, so it may be sooner.
entry: $10 + $2 low tier

If I forgot anything, all of the info should be on the first post of this thread.

I hope that I'll be there. You too, be there.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Jobob....smash>>>>>>family! :}

So fluff, that mean you're coming? Cause that would be cool. And clever, I would lend you some money...but im flat broke right now. I mean really broke. Like i had to swipe money off some people to be able to pay for the entry fee for the tourney.

So YES people, tourney is tomorrow! Try to be there by 1:00 so we can actually start when we say we will :} those pansy halo players dont like it when we hold their tournies back. Not that we care, of course.
If anyone has any questions, or starts to feel REALLY lonely, feel free to AIM me at Sethl0n.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
And of course our ride has something come up at the last minute again :(

Looks like I'm stranded again unless someone wants to go... about 80 miles out of the way and another 80 to get us back...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
And thus concludes another chapter of SSBS....

Once again, me and Jobob met in the finals...and this time, Jobob pulled though to get 1st place. Which leaves me for 2nd, and Zero for 3rd.

And for those of you who didnt make it.......you didnt really miss too much. Due to the large number of people who usually come and didnt this time, we only got 10 people for the one on one. But those of us who did come still had fun, no? :}

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
i got 3rd..............thats why i am quiting this game.

its always zero VS zethlon=sethlon.
its always me sending jobob to loser bracket then losing to him when i get sent to loser bracket.
its always boring to be in the same place every tournie.

im done.

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
man, TGM quit yer belly achin'. quitting cuz you get 3rd place, bah.

If you wanna win, come to the sun oct 30 tournament. =-o

so drew didn't go? wah... Sowwy we weren't there, guys.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
3rd place or 4th place EVERYTIME. so that show i do not improve....or if i do, other improve more so that means i dont acually get ahead of anyone.

but i will still hold to my word. 2 more monthlies and a mega tournie(oct 30th and nov 30th and sex2) then im gone till revo smash comes out.

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know very few people who suck worse at smash than I do.

But I haven't quit! I get mad and pout and fume if I lose but for some idiotic reason, I always come back and keep playing. And I'm workin' on controlling my temper. =-o

One day... I swear I'll make it to one of these...

Just thought I'd stop by and give the Mongolia thread some love :-D The only thing keepin' me from comin' is gas, but hell, if I have to drive to mongolia to pick people up for my tournament that's the same as driving out there for a tournament @_x; LOL

A tip to the tournament directors: find free crap to give out as prizes. Post flyers wherever you can. You'll get more people :-D

:colorful:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, lvl 9 Links are teh 1337 haxxorz. I swear they've watched Germ's Linkology a million times.

*cough*

MKay...so the next SSBS will be on the 12th. So you guys all of a heads up this time...cant have any excuses for not making it :}

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
the 12th of what... I might come just to pound Tyler in the ***.

EDIT: And you might want to change the title of the thread here so it says next 11/12. >.>;

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
The 12th of November, obviously. And i just told AJ to change the topic, so it should be changed really soon.

So yeah...come people! We'll have fun, no matter how many people come.

makeamidget

Smash Cadet
I need the money that the Renaissance provides me. If you wanna smash, that can be arranged some other time, or have we already smashed? Cause, hell if I know.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Woof, this topic is really starting to sink down there. Must...revive...!

I'm tempted to make some comment on how we should try to make some head count and see how many people are planning on coming, but seeing how well thats worked in the past...
For now its looking like we'll have just about as many people come this time as there was last. Ren-fest is still got its grubby hands all over a good deal of our local smashers, and it looks like zero and his crew arent going to be able to make it either.

And it would be nice if people could bring exact change for the entry fees this time, or atleast for the low-tier...its a pain in the *** when 5 people show up with a 10$ bill for the 2$ entry fee. To reiterate, Registration+1vs1=10$, and Low-tier=2$. Of course, this is assuming we'll have a low-tier. As always, if there is want for it, the low will be there.

The tourney is this coming weekend, so be prepared people!

...and thats all i've got to say for now. AWAY! *whooooosh*

Jobob

Smash Rookie
So, who all is going to the tournament?

Reading the forum, the only people going are me, seth, and fluffy?

Its a shame Zero isn't coming. It's a blast to power my way through the loser's bracket after he beats me in the first round.

It sounds like we need to do something about ren fest to keep the local smashers... Does anyone here have any fire powers?

makeamidget

Smash Cadet
Well, you could just make it at the end of November, if you wanted to go that route. Or another one, at the end of November. It's all the same.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
**** Vin, you just keep goin' and goin'.

So yeah, at this point it seems more like it'll be a friendly get together between me and jobob. Gabes grounded and codys going to his dads for the weekend, ray decided he doesnt want to go...and the only other local smashers are in a vice grip by ren-fest. And if i did have fire powers of any sort, I'd be tempted to use them, if there weren't so many people i know that went to it.

And i'm guessing since you're saying that you want to go, but are neglecting to mention anything else, that you arent coming fluffy?

And ******, i would be tempted to move it to later in Nov, but that would be moving it closer to fluffy's tourney, which could cause complications.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
:} You'd better be.
*Pumps unbelievably muscled arms, showing just what'll happen if you don't*

:}

Jobob

Smash Rookie
I was guessing that Roy's fire powers (or is it just a fire sword?) had transferred to you somehow Seth, oh well.

How about this, in an attempt to attract more people, I will juggle and unicycle at the next tournament if people actually manage to show.

C'mon~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom