• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryuka's magic ball of death: The kill % range for dthrow

_clinton

Smash Master
I'm not sure if this has been done yet, but whatever I felt like doing it anyway. It turns out that Lucas' dthrow has the same power as Ness' bthrow to a point though at least from looking at my testing (Ness' is still better by a lot of course though, but only because Ness' bthrow is horizontal and DI won't help as much compared to Lucas. Where Lucas' dthrow is vertical of course, and DI does help to a point.

Anyway, this was done in training mode at FD so the numbers are a big fat lie by about 6% or so, and it is w/o DI, so for example looking at Mario's kill range: it is 141%, well in a real fight that would be 135%, but with DI Mario could live until 143% overall in a real fight from what I tested. Lucas' uthrow needs about 10% more to get the job done as well.

Dear Sweet God I'm sure you want them to die some other way
D3-172
Snake-166

Just Gimp them instead god
DK-163
C. Falcon-159
Bowser/Ganondorf/Ike-156

I'd rather not wait that long, but it is ok if I do for the most part
Link-153
Wolf-151
Wario/Charizard-150
Yoshi-149
ROB-146
Samus/Ivysaur-145

Normal range is ok IMO
Pit/Lucario/Sonic-142
Mario/Luigi-141
Marth-140
Diddy/Ness-139
Tink/Lucas-138
Falco-135

Kind of easy
Ice Climbers-134
Olimar-132
Peach/Pikachu-131
Zamus-130
Zelda-129
Sheik-128

Easy but IMO very hard to grab
MK-127
Kirby/Fox-126
G&W-123
Squirtle-119
Jigglypuff-115

Levitas

the moon
The problem with Dthrow is that it can be DI'd to the left or right to great effect. At least with Ness's bthrow, the opponent must DI up or not at all.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
it kills MK at 127% in training mode, in a real fight with DI, he'll die at 129% so the solution i said in the omelete back room was right :D
what about if the opponent knows how to cancel momemtum?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
it kills MK at 127% in training mode, in a real fight with DI, he'll die at 129% so the solution i said in the omelete back room was right :D
what about if the opponent knows how to cancel momemtum?
you're taking it too literally. DI and momentum cancelling let's you survive way longer than adding 2%. if that was the case you could always kill snake at 168% with dthrow. yet i've had snakes live at >180% when i dthrow them.

Irsic

Smash Ace
you're taking it too literally. DI and momentum cancelling let's you survive way longer than adding 2%. if that was the case you could always kill snake at 168% with dthrow. yet i've had snakes live at >180% when i dthrow them.
This. This is exactly what I was going to post. >_>

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
well, who new his dthrow was so strong. i barely throw with him, but when i do i find his back and forwards to my liking. the fthrow especially. it has a certain ness feel to it. i usually only use the dthrow to set up the up tilt combo at very low percents. then i attempt a full hopped nair.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
sorry, but fthrow sucks. it's trajectory is so bad. it's almost directly upwards with DI to the right, which is stupid, because you could just dthrow for an upwards throw.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
sorry, but fthrow sucks. it's trajectory is so bad. it's almost directly upwards with DI to the right, which is stupid, because you could just dthrow for an upwards throw.
Fthrow would only be good for damage/sending them back off the stage. Lucas has the advantage of having a good grab and throw game.

Also, to the OP: DI will not linearly add 6% every single time. The higher percentange the opponent needs to be at, the more DI will add to that. For the most part, Lucas mains have a very good idea of when DThrow.

However, thanks for giving us the non-DI'd percentages+6%.

_clinton

Smash Master
Fthrow would only be good for damage/sending them back off the stage. Lucas has the advantage of having a good grab and throw game.

Also, to the OP: DI will not linearly add 6% every single time. The higher percentange the opponent needs to be at, the more DI will add to that. For the most part, Lucas mains have a very good idea of when DThrow.

However, thanks for giving us the non-DI'd percentages+6%.
I'm aware of that...I just used Mario's range for the mean...

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Some of these just plain wierd. :p
Marth dies at 140 and Ness dies at 139? Ness is heavier than Marth, isn't he?
And Bowser dying much earlier than Snake/DDD/DK is odd also. You sure this is accurate?

_clinton

Smash Master
Some of these just plain wierd. :p
Marth dies at 140 and Ness dies at 139? Ness is heavier than Marth, isn't he?
And Bowser dying much earlier than Snake/DDD/DK is odd also. You sure this is accurate?
There is more to living vertically then just weight you know...but you know...you can check it if you want...I did them on FD with the CPU set to control...

Seanson

Smash Ace
it depends on where you are on what stage. at last tourney i up-threw a MK on the halberd top platform and it was a sure-death at about 100. maybe his DI was bad, but I also had him grabbed in a good spot.

in addition to knnowing how far they go, it is optimal to grab them in the best places, ie high platforms.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
it depends on where you are on what stage. at last tourney i up-threw a MK on the halberd top platform and it was a sure-death at about 100. maybe his DI was bad, but I also had him grabbed in a good spot.

in addition to knnowing how far they go, it is optimal to grab them in the best places, ie high platforms.
OMG it's seanson.

Top Bottom