• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryokoyaksa vs Magus420 and the floating stitchface, Help us solve the turnip glitch!

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
unreliably recreated glitch today a few times. seems to happen when getting lightly hit the frame when she releases during the throw animation oos, or just before. that is, the hit taken did not interrupt or override the throwing animation but peach still took some damage. only seems to happen in 1.0

hectohertz

Smash Ace
unreliably recreated glitch today a few times. seems to happen when getting lightly hit the frame when she releases during the throw animation oos, or just before. that is, the hit taken did not interrupt or override the throwing animation but peach still took some damage. only seems to happen in 1.0
this is probably the closest we've had to a breakthrough on this in years

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
if somebody could recreate this on their own system it would help with my theory about oos throwing

hectohertz

Smash Ace
was surfing around on this (http://davidwonn.kontek.net/) reading about the new DK64 any% strats, stumbled upon these:

Floating turnip
sent in by ryuken

Choose fox vs peach on final destination. have Fox hit Peach as she pulls a turnip from the ground. If your timing is right, the turnip will be floating in midair! Press A on ground or Z in air to grab it. When thrown, it only moves a few inches and stays airborne....forever! Try it!

Peach's floating vegetable
sent in by MarthRules

I was playing Peach and and a freind who was Sheik at that huge zelda stage... Anyways he kept using Sheik's whip to hit my vegetables away from him and one bounced up into the air and got stuck. Whenever I or him not near us it would injure us but it wouldn't move. Just a similiar glitch to your peach and fox one..

neither of these are particularly insightful, but could be good routes to people trying to come up with ways to trigger this glitch

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
If this can be cracked and reliably executed, the teams meta will be changed forever (assuming TO's won't ban it.)

Jynx

Smash Cadet
From what I've read (I don't know if it's been said), but apparently it occurs with all light items. So the turnips have nothing to do with it really. It also has something to do with a hitbox glitch very much like Ness' Yoyo glitch. Again, sorry if it's already been stated.

Last edited:

hectohertz

Smash Ace
From what I've read (I don't know if it's been said), but apparently it occurs with all light items. So the turnips have nothing to do with it really. It also has something to do with a hotbox glitch very much like Ness' Yoyo glitch. Again, sorry if it's already been stated.
sources?

hectohertz

Smash Ace
also i somewhat doubt it is related to ness's yoyo glitch. mofo and i dissected the code for yoyo glitch a while ago, it has to do with calculations on when to put out and cleanup a hitbox being off due to hitlag. ask mofo for more details if you are interested

Top Bottom