• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryker Mafia Is Over: Ryker Always Wins

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It was important just so I can point out to Gheb that it's ******** to arbitrarily end game someone.

If it's any consolation, you were left to eat your weight in cheesey bread.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That is quite the consolation.

But the heart disease....

:phone:

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You have to choose your priorities. The cheesey bread is there.

On another note, thanks a lot to Circus and Gheb who replaced in when I REALLY needed replacements on short notice at the end.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I love being able to do shout-outs, probably my favorite part of mafia some games. This will definitely be one of them because I have to let this first post out before I get to the real shout-outs.

I would like to apologize to everyone in this game for the attitude I treated them with due to the restriction. It really wasn't fun being that mean but yeah that stinks and sometimes I got a bit too into it with TAWNN/Zen/Glyph and I felt bad afterwards because even though it was a restriction it made me sound really terrible. If any offense was taken to what I said while under the restriction, apologies.

So yeah anyways I'll get to the actual shout-outs now in my next post. But I just wanted to say this before I did because it was something on my mind.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What I learned from this game: Gorf is actually pretty decent now, Zen is still trash.

:059:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Real shout-outs time.

1. Spidermang

You played insanely scummy D1 within the first page of the game. o_o" Was shocked but yeah what do ya know? You almost pulled some of it off later in the day but the damage was already done by the time it was getting near the end of the game. I don't really have much else to say but better luck next time you two I guess haha.

2. dtjglyphmoney

Maaan, should I just assume that everytime you bring up Bingo/or reference my scum-meta as a reason to lynch me you are scum? Haha you played a good game because he seemed to be analytical but you looked like you were trying to scum-hunt which is good for an indy and you definitely made yourself not seem like mafia. D3-D4 I started getting ick vibes from you but that was a lot based on your attack on me was not well put together and seemed like you were just trying to get my lynch just to get my lynch instead of lynching scum. I understand what you were trying to do as scum so noooo hard feelings at all and I gotta say it was actually fun this time around Glyph. Wanna play with you when we are actually both town.

3. Aggressive Mediation

Best scum because you ***** this game. You guys did really well positioning yourself to look like the person who should be in LyLo at the end. The one thing that kept bugging me was that I couldn't understand how you were still alive in this phase of the game. The only person to slightly suspect you was Gheb and I gotta say you just did so well you two as scum.

Gorf, you are getting scary as scum because goodness from SF2 and this game it has shown that you are doing so good and I am happy for you!

WL, I always love playing with you haha so it was nice to see you again and doing so well. It sucks to be knocked out due to NAs and mass-claim from hell for your slot but eh what do? You both can keep your heads up for such a good game.

4. The Account With No Name

Sorry for creating that catchy nickname of The Account With No Brain....it was just too perfect to pass up with the role I had. ">.> However, I also wanna apologize for thinking you were scum this game and it's upsetting that you weren't in my mind. xD In the beginning so I thought you were D1 you were leaning scummy, D2-D3ish I thought you were towny and then D4-D5 I thought you were scum. You were such a hard slot for me this game and gotta say you definitely made things interesting. Some of your posts just radiated towniness while other posts just fell off a cliff and hit a bunch of scummy rocks on the way down. So was it Guus doing most of the posting? It was a pleasure for playing with the two of you! Activity could have been better but I liked that you guys stuck it through all the way to the end.

5a. JTB

I gotta say I didn't think you were scummy this game JTB. Sucks that you had to replace out the game due to IRL shenanigans but still it was fun playing with you while you were still around. I could see the scum-PoV coming from people but my gut was telling me different and in the end, your activity made the decision for pressuring your slot.

5b. Red Ryu

Thank you for replacing in RR! You came in and claimed and kept the slot from getting lynched which helped us in the long run. It was also better that you didn't shot anyone the first night because it probably could have affected the game in an entirely different light.

6. Soup~

You are getting better as scum Soup. Still I wanna see ya make it past D2 as scum because I have the same problem where it is insanely hard for me to make it past D3 as scum because its a pain in the *** being scum. xD Your last posts of the day-phase on the day you were lynched did come off as sincere and towny like but in the end, your connection to Spidey and also the actions you had taken beforehand was meh. Looking forward to our next game Soup.

7a. Allegory

I love playing with you Acro. However, I'm a dude. Your analytical ability is really good and you did call AM out D1 now that I am remembering things and that is something really cool to remember. Your posts just proved you as town but kept you from the NK due to the way you were approaching things so scum didn't seem to target you as the NK subject. I liked your play this game and can't wait for the next time we encounter each other! Stinks you replaced out though! D=

7b. Inferno

Thank you so very much for replacing in! It helped keep our important role alive and you continued to have Acro's towniness flow through your slot and your analysis was good because you seemed to be searching for scum. I gotta say I do like your posts this game and when I was complimenting you when I broke my restriction, I was telling the truth in what I was saying because you are one of the newbie players I love to watch play because of I think you are a diamond in the rough as a mafia player that will be REALLY good after a couple more scars are earned in games. GG, play again soon!

8a. giraffelasergun

You really gotta let go of that grudge man. =/ Regardless, you cleared me this game so I will thank you for that and your posts did come across as town and sincere when you were under attack so good on ya for that. It was cool to see you playing again after a hiatus but it seems you disappeared again.

8b. Circus

Yay we were both town together! Like Inferno, your towniness also continued to flow through your slot when you joinedi n the game and thanks for replacing in, especially considering how late it was. I have to say that it must of been hell and due to your claim we were able to nail this game shut. Your analysis was very helpful so thanks! Can't wait to play again Circus!

9. Dabunz

Well, seems I was the only one to believe you were town for a majority of the game and thought your connection to Spidey-Soup was bogus because it just wasn't there. I think you got lynched more so on a town that was hyped up on the fact of 2 successful lynches and you were the scapegoat to it. I ended up lynching you for a small reason or two. I could see the scum-case on you and I was purely outvoted on the matter. Also I decided to vote you over myself because it was down to you and me and I knew I was town so if I had a town-read on you, we would still get info. GG.

11. Zapp Brannigan

You had ballin' reads D1/D2 but the thing is, you were really tunnely about them and then your suspicion on me was "...." and seemed to be moreso based that I wasn't following you. We had a similar problem in that adventure game Vandy where you find me scummy for not following the same pattern but we had literally identical reads at the time save for two and you tried to substantiate S-tier town on nothing really. In hindsight, I assume you protected him N2 and when no-one died you thought he was town? That could make sense. You were an incredibly assett to town and it did help. Pain in my personal side but nothing bad happened cuz I didn't get lynched. Looking forward to the next game together with both of you two individually.

12. S-Tier

Already talked on skype with you about this game a tad but dude, gambits...we've talked about these as well and what they do. Especially when you are wrong on them and try and use the gambit as your pure basis of it. Even more so you are trying to pull one on one of your co-conspirators in gambits. >=[ Just look out next time because I guess this is just another chalk mark to the imaginary chalkboard of our games of trying to read each other. Random, but PM me what the score is.

13a. Swiss

Played a pretty towny game this game. Nothing much to say since you were inactive/replaced out due to IRL but yeah fun playing with you again. We seemed to be thinking a bit of the same D1 and all but yeah GG. Play more sometime.

13b. Gheb

Thank you so much for replacing in! You kept the slot active and tried to keep the game moving forward. I really do not have that much to say for your play because you kept it strictly analytical aaand you seemed to have a set mind for what you wanted to happen. GG, and thanks for coming back for this game.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
That's really nice of you J :). I've gotten some scum reads right (Xonar in G3S, T-Block/Kantrip in Tactics, etc.) but I'm still not there yet. Gotta learn to push my reads better.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
1. Spidermang

I think this game taught you not to start off doing something for the sake of doing something unless you can pull your weight and get out of a lynch. Really, bad play. I was hoping I could've lasted until D2 or D3 without bussing one or both of you but then you both played like **** and I had to do it both days in a row. You started to play a little bit better once **** came to pass but by that time, your hole was so deep that any relatively townie post could've just been swept under the rug.

All in all, if you're gonna do stupid ****, have a back-up plan just in case it blows up in your face.

2. Glyfe

I wish you could've seen my face when you showed up and started making math puns. I was so excited that I was in this game twice and was so sad when I shot myself.

Your play was...obvious. People were starting to hound your slot and my immediate reaction was "that's just Glyfe." I know you wanted to break the whole "Glyfe only plays as scum" meta but you shouldn't have picked this game and that way to do it. If anything, you should play the game as town, you're more of a benefit for that.

As for shooting you, I wasn't sure if Jerkus would've been protected and I wanted to swing an indyGheb M/L if I could. Then you flipped indy and I went "WELL **** ME" and threw up the white flag. FFS.

Ah well. We'll get 'em another game.

3. Gorf

LET'S DO THAT AGAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIINNNN

4. TAWNN

Honestly, I didn't focus much on you guys. Occasionally you said smart things and that was my basis for leaving you alone. You didn't do anything that made me rip my hair out in anger and you weren't really a threat, so you got knocked down to the bottom of the priority list and I honestly didn't focus on you at all. I don't really know, try to make more of an impact? There really wasn't much to say. You have your brains about you at times, so I was impressed with sound judgment but I think your scumhunting was lacking.

It's hard for me to critique you guys.

5. JTB/Ruy

JTB was here?

Dammit Ruy, why didn't you shoot Soup, I would've loved M/Ling you on the basis that you were indy because you didn't shoot who we said and shot S-Tier instead. Except then I couldn't have claimed bus driver and jerkus would've ****ed me over harder. Oh well.

6. Soup

Don't fall for the obvious traps! Zen's all about gambits and that's exactly why I left him alone--he eventually put himself into one because I was expecting him to swallow himself alive through all of his bull****. I knew that if we kept him around long enough, his play wouldn't really speak for himself. Had you not done that, I might've carried you to D3 or D4 and then really bussed your *** then. But, sad day.

I think your issue is that you play this game to find scum and you struggle to do that when you are scum. So you feign **** but it's half-***** and doesn't come off well. Getting better is going to come with experience but you need to still hunt for things as scum. Instead of finding mafia, though, look for indies and PRs. These are key targets for scum.

7. Allegory/Inferno

Sad to say, Gheb had his point, Inferno (I hate saying Gheb is right, he gets such an ego from it). You basically came in and did what you could not to **** up the read people had on AcroFling already. I get that you tried to remain in the shadows because you were a princess, just...yeh, do more.

AcroFling, you played a good game, just one of your problems was that you tried to focus on everything and wanted to prevent anything from slipping under your nose that you actually did just that. Soup/Spidey went right by your main suspicions because you wanted to fully read everyone and while you were right about us, you weren't going to leave your vote there and your reasoning for it was bogus. Try developing a sense of priorities--focus on what's important at the moment and leave the other stuff for later. That's putting a lot of strain on yourself in a time where you should just be fleshing out reads as they come.

Good play otherwise!

8. GLG/Jerkus

**** you Peeks.

**** you Jerkus.

**** this slot.

:salt:

No but seriously, well-played. Wrecked people with the information you had and had the intelligence to pull off the massclaim AND not claim your results before everyone else. It forced my hand and made me claim the PR out of safety rather than let me skate onto endgame as a VT.

9. Dabunz

Don't...ever do that again when put to VT. Honestly, I didn't really read you that hard, that was mostly Gorf. You made a couple of dumb posts that caught my eye but for the most part, I just anticipated you to play dumb because you're new to the game. For the most part, I was right. You made a couple of really bad connections to both scum players and that's mostly what damned you. Be careful about that.

Though the rainbow text made me think you were Ryker in the Closet or some other homosexual Ryker flavor.

10. J

I think you came into the game terribly as well. Leaning so hard on a restriction and your own meta really just kinda started you off badly and I was keeping you around solely because I felt town would ML you at some point or another (despite having top-tier reads on everyone). You kept living though, mostly because other things kept jumping up the priority list and you eventually got cleared.

Fun game though! You're always interesting to have around as town or scum. A ***** to read but usually an asset regardless of alignment. I missed playing with you, you should get on a scumteam with me sometime.

11. Zapp Brannigan

GOG YOU WERE SCARY. Putting Van's reading ability and logic with someone who can lock onto a player on a whim really, really had me on guard at any time. I felt glad that you came into the game and immediately hit it off with me--it eased my mind so well in the early game. The only reason I shot you was because I didn't know how you were going to react to J and I lynching one of your top town reads, but you seemed just to care about J and were going to leave me alone despite the fact that J's reads usually agreed with my reads all game. I had no assurance you were taking me to endgame, and I was trying to frame it into a situation where I could've won in LyLo. I didn't know if I could've pulled it off there.

12. S-Tier

You caught Soup, I'll give you that, but clearing Spidey in the process damned you. I wasn't letting that go, even if you turned around and got onto the wagon by the end of it. You played alright at times, but you were just...so sporadic and so reliant on gambits to get things done that I couldn't trust you at all. Town or scum, I would've made that lynch, or at least tried for it. I flipped back and forth on you so much on whether or not I could pull that lynch before I just said **** it and went for it. I figured I had something strong enough by that point.

13. Swiss/Gheb

SO HYDRA BULL**** WAS HYDRA BULL****. Yes, some people took to signing their posts but I wasn't about to join in on that. I get how you work, but on the other hand hydras just aren't that obvious. They're a different beast when it comes to reading them.

Gheb, no ego plz.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'd like to point out that all comments towards Spidey are essentially toward Xonar, as I said, "Go ahead and play D1", because I was really busy IRL.

/blamegame

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'd like to point out that all comments towards Spidey are essentially toward Xonar, as I said, "Go ahead and play D1", because I was really busy IRL.

/blamegame
The hydra unfortunately didn't work out between you two, but you're still both players who have a lot of insight and you were lynched since your game was subpar when people were likely expecting you guys to have been one of the most pro-town slots in the game. Xonar during D1 phase was playing against Jupiter's Biceps in Gigabots mafia and you likely had commitments in some other games as well. I personally think playing properly in a hydra is harder than playing alone. Therefore,

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
J said:
11. Zapp Brannigan

You had ballin' reads D1/D2 but the thing is, you were really tunnely about them and then your suspicion on me was "...." and seemed to be moreso based that I wasn't following you. We had a similar problem in that adventure game Vandy where you find me scummy for not following the same pattern but we had literally identical reads at the time save for two and you tried to substantiate S-tier town on nothing really. In hindsight, I assume you protected him N2 and when no-one died you thought he was town? That could make sense. You were an incredibly assett to town and it did help. Pain in my personal side but nothing bad happened cuz I didn't get lynched. Looking forward to the next game together with both of you two individually.
We weren't a doc or anything, if Acrostic was targeted for a kill we'd die instead.

I lol'd a bit at you saying our play was tunneling (coming from your case on Zen, really J :p), I honestly think it was more so just my inactiveness/laziness on D1/D2 apart from a couple big posts. In reality I was more so just throwing insight here and there. I never actually pushed or lead a wagon on anyone this game. From my eyes AM and S-Tier did that mostly. I showed why Soup's case on Zen was scummy, but I don't think he responded to it. Spidey/Soup both just seemed pretty obvious to me, and there was no real need to convince anyone; everyone was pretty content with them going and that was fine by me.

My read on you was partially just trusting Zen and a lack of any Town tells from your play, I agree with Laundry in that you entered the game awkward as hell (maybe because of your restriction). But the bulk of it for me was the interaction between you and Zen. He was a loose cannon and sporadic in his gambits and stuff, but if you looked at his thought processes it was clear as day (at least to me) that he had a Town mindset.

He didn't have a scummy connection to Soup. Check. He wasn't playing to survive. Check. So how was he actually scummy? When you get right down to it, gambitting a **** ton. The reasoning for his lynch was essentially an extension of Lynch all Liars and for being "too sporadic" for town to apparently keep alive.

I always felt his lynch was being pushed for BS reasoning or by scum, and you were the loudest of them all so I think I gravitated to you because of that (despite being blind to AM, who I instead just tried to convince he was wrong). This is somewhat shown by the fact that apart from you, the wagon on D3 was almost completely scums work (AM and Glyph) and everyone else just kind of hopped on.

I probably shouldn't have put as much faith in you two being able to read eachother, but I guess I did for whatever reason :(.

Fun playing with you though, and yep your assessment of this being like Detective is spot on. Maybe I'm destined to always find you scummy :p

WL said:
11. Zapp Brannigan

GOG YOU WERE SCARY. Putting Van's reading ability and logic with someone who can lock onto a player on a whim really, really had me on guard at any time. I felt glad that you came into the game and immediately hit it off with me--it eased my mind so well in the early game. The only reason I shot you was because I didn't know how you were going to react to J and I lynching one of your top town reads, but you seemed just to care about J and were going to leave me alone despite the fact that J's reads usually agreed with my reads all game. I had no assurance you were taking me to endgame, and I was trying to frame it into a situation where I could've won in LyLo. I didn't know if I could've pulled it off there.
Haha thanks. I know I raged hardcore when I came back from V/LA and saw S-Tier had self voted and all that ****. I might of flipped on you when/if J had actually been Town, but I'd probably still look at Glyph/Circus/Dabuz first. I didn't really have a game plan post J flip, I'd already convinced myself the game would be over by then :p

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Acrostic: You're a real smart dude too and I think you played great here. Me having you at a null/town read was mostly that I didn't want to underestimate you. Hope to play with you again soon!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I might do shoutouts, a lot of it was me not really reading much and just doing what I needed to do to not let the slot get lynched.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
4. The Account With No Name

Sorry for creating that catchy nickname of The Account With No Brain....it was just too perfect to pass up with the role I had. ">.> However, I also wanna apologize for thinking you were scum this game and it's upsetting that you weren't in my mind. xD In the beginning so I thought you were D1 you were leaning scummy, D2-D3ish I thought you were towny and then D4-D5 I thought you were scum. You were such a hard slot for me this game and gotta say you definitely made things interesting. Some of your posts just radiated towniness while other posts just fell off a cliff and hit a bunch of scummy rocks on the way down. So was it Guus doing most of the posting? It was a pleasure for playing with the two of you! Activity could have been better but I liked that you guys stuck it through all the way to the end.
The nick was super kawaii. It was me posting all the time, John made I think 2 posts, but they were sideline commentary. It's one of the main reason I tuned out of this game, I was playing a hydra on my own, so it didn't really feel like me playing. Still felt a need to share with John but then John also lost interest and we just filled a slot. Glad we got semi-cleared outside of our play, a lynch on us wouldn't have gotten much, if anything at all.

No more hydra for me.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I concur. I'm going to limit the amount of people I hydra with, because getting demotivated hits me very easily when hydra'ing. Especially when my partner is inactive or doesn't put forward a similar amount of effort towards the game as me and stuff like that.

No offense to past hydra partners :awesome:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I concur. I'm going to limit the amount of people I hydra with, because getting demotivated hits me very easily when hydra'ing. Especially when my partner is inactive or doesn't put forward a similar amount of effort towards the game as me and stuff like that.

No offense to past hydra partners :awesome:
It's why I tend to be very selective about hydra partners. It's like any partnership, really, you need someone who will work well with you and just because they're your good friend doesn't mean that'll happen. I think Supo's a cool dood but hydraing with him was a ***** because we approach mafia very differently.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
On another note, thanks a lot to Circus and Gheb who replaced in when I REALLY needed replacements on short notice at the end.
Happy to do it. This game was fun, for the brief amount of time I got to play it.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
9. Dabunz

Don't...ever do that again when put to VT. Honestly, I didn't really read you that hard, that was mostly Gorf. You made a couple of dumb posts that caught my eye but for the most part, I just anticipated you to play dumb because you're new to the game. For the most part, I was right. You made a couple of really bad connections to both scum players and that's mostly what damned you. Be careful about that.

Though the rainbow text made me think you were Ryker in the Closet or some other homosexual Ryker flavor.
Mind clarifying what you mean by the bolded part?

Would do Shoutouts, but I'm extremely lazy.

Very well played @ AM, J, and Zapp

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Lies. Seph did most of the posting, fail gambiting, making incorrect reads and the like. Only time I posted really was when outting Soup. Rest was all Sephi.

:p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's ok I read you wrong like the first half of the game. Must have been Seph.

Top Bottom