• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Run Speeds Tested *Fixed Now*

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
I've been working a couple of nights to find the characters run speed, It's finally done, I did some of this with the help or RoyKid and NewFace thanks. express any opinions you have about my rankings if you wish.

The number relates to how fast they are in order, so some characters have the same number because they're even. Some characters from what I saw had the same speed. Some characters are also very very close but you can see one character slighty edge.

1) Sonic
2) Captain Falcon
3) Fox
4) Zero Suit Samus
5) Shiek
6) Meta Knight
7) Charizard
8) Pikachu
9) Diddy Kong
10) Marth
11) Toon Link
12) Yoshi
13) DK
14) Pit
15) Game & Watch
16) Mario
16) Lucas
17) Ivysaur
18) Bowser
19) Robot
20) Falco
21) Samus
22) Lacario
22) Wolf
23) Ness
23) Pikman & Olimar
23) Ice Climbers
24) Squirtle
25) Luigi
26) Ike
26) Kirby
27) Peach
29) Wario
30) Snake
31) Link
32) Zelda
33) King DeDeDe
34) Ganondorf
35) Jiggly Puff

sorry I was really tired when I first posted and forgot people and yes double posted but it's fixed now.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
wow ikes not as slow as i thought thxs
You can't really judge a characters overall speed by their normal ground speed. Captain Falcon had the fastest running speed in Melee (I think). Yet he's not as fast overall as say sheik or fox. But still it is interesting. I see Link is still pretty slow....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow?! Some of this is very surprising. Charizard at 7?
Charizard 205 - 299

Pikachu 185 - 279

Ivysaur 125 - 219

Squirtle 91 - 185

Jigglypuff 45 - 139

Lucario 185 - 279

Ok, so some of the Pokemon's speed's aren't really that surprising, especially Charizard

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Wow, this is really surprising to me. But I guess it is just running speed. I would've thought Luigi would've been faster than Mario though. I mean, I thought Mario was the slower one out of the Mario Bros.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Umm...

There are only 34 characters listed, and Pokemon Trainer is even split into 3. That means there are actually 32 there. And Yoshi's in it twice. Who are we missing?

I don't see Zelda or Donkey Kong, but there are still 2 others missing somewhere... who?

EDIT: Kirby and Olimar are the other two. So we're missing DK, Zelda, Kirby and Olimar. Huh. Oh well.

usea

Smash Ace
Is this a joke or something? The number of errors is unreal. Several characters missing, many are clearly in the wrong place, and yoshi is listed twice.

Umm...

There are only 34 characters listed, and Pokemon Trainer is even split into 3. That means there are actually 32 there. And Yoshi's in it twice. Who are we missing?

I don't see Zelda or Donkey Kong, but there are still 2 others missing somewhere... who?

EDIT: Kirby and Olimar are the other two. So we're missing DK, Zelda, Kirby and Olimar. Huh. Oh well.
the omitted characters are: kirby, zelda, ice climbers, and olimar

Rakath

Smash Ace
Umm...

Some characters are sharing a number spot (tied), DK is on there, but Ice Climbers aren't...

scarecrowuknow

Smash Cadet
wow... i'd think that falco would have been a little higher up there...
and i dont see how squirtle can be the slowest out of the 3 poke's (for poke trainer)

Rakath

Smash Ace
Um... Running speed, not attack speed. Squirtle being the fastest runner being the shortest legged biped of the three (6 that aren't Purin) makes sense... (Greetings, this is a Sarcasm warning from your Sarcasm Warning System... this is real sarcasm and not a test.)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Uhhh, I think I will wait for the youtube vid or for someone else who has the game to back this up before taking it as anything solid.:ohwell:

MrLegend

Smash Apprentice
Charizard is supposed to be a fast pokemon. Just because he's big doesn't mean he should be slow.

Also, who the hell is Lacario?

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
This list is completely gimp. I do believe someone would present their finding with better care than this, for the meantime, this list is trash. You're reputation for information now is also trash, too.

Have a nice day.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Give him a chance to fix his errors. If this list is real, good work. You should test Initial Dashes and Fox Trotting as well. C.Falc moves soo fast and makes an awesome noise. :p

StealthFighterX

Smash Journeyman
This list is completely gimp. I do believe someone would present their finding with better care than this, for the meantime, this list is trash. You're reputation for information now is also trash, too.

Have a nice day.
Lmfao..i have to agree however fox 3rd fastest made me smile..but this info cant be trusted..unless proof is shown.

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
sorry yeah some characters are missing I posted when I was nearly asleep, I'll fix it now.

From the reaction, it'll be the last time I post anything while I'm tired. People need to give a little room for error instead of jumping me and thinking the whole list is crap because I made an errror, sorry to the people that my list of run speeds ruined your day, but it's fixed now I believe there is a lot of truth to it, until someone action replays it or whatever.

Game and smash is what I call game and watch sorry some slang got caught up in the list.

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
isn't squirtle supposed to be faster then charizard, and how is bowser faster then people like samus?
Charizard's run is him flying at you believe me I was shocked aswell but his run is him gliding, so is Meta Knights run. They told us on dojo that Bowser's was changed a lot to be faster and a better character overall. So yeah while testing I was shocked but believe me the list is good.

I'll re-test any character anybody wants me to test to prove it. I stand by my results

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
Well looking at some of these join dates, I can see why there is a lot of ignorance going on in this thread.

*ahem*

RUN SPEED =/= ATTACK SPEED.

Just because Charizard runs faster than Ivysaur and Squirtle does NOT mean he is overall quicker.

That is all. :)

Edit: Oh yeah, and thanks for posting this Yayo (iffin' it's accurate, that is.) :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's a solid list, with some definite surprises, but they make sense. I really didn't think Charizard is that fast, but since it's all horiz speed it holds up. I'm just glad I main a fast character for once :). Toon Link sits up there pretty high also, and I'm pretty sure I'm secondarying him. Good list.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Charizard's run is him flying at you believe me I was shocked aswell but his run is him gliding, so is Meta Knights run. They told us on dojo that Bowser's was changed a lot to be faster and a better character overall. So yeah while testing I was shocked but believe me the list is good.

I'll re-test any character anybody wants me to test to prove it. I stand by my results
alright i believce you then.... wow this really shocks me then some of the surprises on this list.

Top Bottom