• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Run Cowards, Heavy Weapons Guy for DLC! "Any video-game character is eligible."

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825

What you see above is an icon which is a combination of the Smash Bros. emblem and the Team Fortress 2 emblem, this icon represents the support for the Heavy from Team Fortress 2 to be a playable character in Super Smash Bros.

You may ask this question if you are...well...stupid. Or you just don't know much about the PC world of video games, the Heavy is an unofficially established main character of the incredibly famous and successful online PC game Team Fortress 2 developed and published by Valve and released in 2007. As the Team Fortress Wiki describes, the Heavy is a towering hulk of a man that hails from the USSR. He is the largest and possibly most dangerous class in Team Fortress 2. Boasting the most default health and devastating firepower from his trusty Minigun, the Heavy is no pushover. The Heavy's Minigun can inflict heavy damage at a high rate of fire, allowing him to mow down opposing babies, cowards and teeny-men in seconds. The Heavy's movement speed is his main weakness. Revving up or firing his Minigun brings his already unimpressive speed down to a snail's pace, making him a very easy target for Snipers and Spies. His slow speed makes him more dependent on support from Medics and Engineers to keep him in the fight. Aside from decimating entire teams, the Heavy is able to provide further support for his comrades with an oft-required health boost via his Sandvich, which, when consumed, is capable of healing him to full health. It can also be dropped to provide an instant 50% health boost to his teammates. However, if he isn't careful, an enemy may pick up the dropped Sandvich for a
health boost of their own.

Standard Special - Minigun; Must be held down to shoot and has very long start-up lag and end-lag. (Can be aimed but not turned around)
Side Special - Shotgun; A quick shot infront of Heavy which is mainly to be used while running.
Up Special - Killing Glove of Boxing; Heavy quickly whips out the Boxing Glove item and does a quick spin-punch upwards, not great for recovery but a fantastic finisher.
Down Special - Sandvich; You can use this to regain 30%, takes a total of 3 seconds to use and takes 53 seconds to recharge.

Jab - Fists; A slow but mighty punch from left to right and then an uppercut.
Side Tilt - Elbow; The Heavy thrusts his elbow forward similar to Captain Falcon's Forward Smash.
Up Tilt - Uppercut; Originally a taunt for the item Boxing Gloves, the first punch of the taunt is used as a strong hard-read move.
Down Tilt - Fists; Same as Jab but lower hitbox.
Dash Attack - Shoulder Bash; The Heavy rams into any enemies in front of him while keeping momentum.
Ledge Attack - The Heavy climbs up and smashes his minigun onto the stage.
Get-Up Attack - The Heavy gets up and punches from front to back with the Killing Gloves of Boxing.

Forward Smash - Sasha Strike; Heavy swings his Minigun at any close foe, extremely powerful.
Up Smash - Critical Hit; The Heavy starts to have electric shock effects around him as he performs a critical uppercut! (Makes the TF2 crit sound if landed with the text “CRITICAL HIT!!!”.)
Down Smash - Tough Jabs; Heavy does two strong punches on his left and right.

Up Air - The Heavy punches above his head.
Front Air - The Heavy does a large meteor smash which covers everything infront of him.
Down Air - With the Killing Glove of Boxing, the Heavy lunges downwards with a strong punch.
Back Air - The Heavy quickly turns around and jabs, then turns back around.
Neutral Air - The Heavy spins around quickly with shotgun.

Not an issue! The Heavy is already the strongest character when it comes to melee combat, and just look at all of this!

Well, that completely depends on your opinion on what looks right or wrong. So I'll ask you, did Snake look right? Did ROB look right? Did Captain Falcon look right? Does Duck Hunt Dog look right? And look, the Heavy has even been in a game with Sonic! And there's an item in Team Fortress 2 that references Pac-Man!

Supporter List
RedAndWatch

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
I am a fan of TF2. I love TF2. I have 800 hours on TF2.

But for the love of god... don't suggest PC exclusive characters for Smash Bros.

Also, I would rather have the Spy

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
A PC exclusive character for Smash Bros?

A character from an M rated game?

A character from a company with no relation to Nintendo at all?

A character that uses actual guns?

PERFECT!

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
A PC exclusive character for Smash Bros?

A character from an M rated game?

A character from a company with no relation to Nintendo at all?

A character that uses actual guns?

PERFECT!

I won't be ignorant and deny the fact he is a PC character and is outside of Nintendo, that is undoubtedly the biggest issue and if that wasn't the case he would be far more requested. Maybe even in the top 30.

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Snake was a special case and was cut, also remember that Brawl was rated T. There is absolutely no way to get Heavy in Smash without the the rating bumping back to T which Nintendo doesn't want, unless they completely butcher Heavy's character.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Snake was a special case and was cut, also remember that Brawl was rated T. There is absolutely no way to get Heavy in Smash without the the rating bumping back to T which Nintendo doesn't want, unless they completely butcher Heavy's character.
Heavy didn't look butchered in SSART and PNATI and those games were E10+.

And about the Snake comment, Snake was using violent explosives and also choking his opponents out. I already have a section for the fact that the Heavy doesn't even need those kinds of weapons.

Last edited:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Another thing, TF2 isn't a terribly well known game across the coast. Keep in mind, Metal Gear is just a spopular in Japan as it is here. We have to be realistic, not biased, when making suggestions.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Imagen his alts being made up of hats, he'd look so cute next to pikachu and jiggs!

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Heavy didn't look butchered in SSART and PNATI and those games were E10+.

And about the Snake comment, Snake was using violent explosives and also choking his opponents out. I already have a section for the fact that the Heavy doesn't even need those kinds of weapons.
What the heck is SSART and PNATI? Seriously need some links here. If you're talking about that Sonic game, that was a racing game, there was no combat.

And yes, Heavy DOES need those weapons. Heavy fighting without his minigun is NOT Heavy. And the Minigun would not fly with E10+. The reason why Samus and Megaman can keep their guns is because they don't don't look realistic, and while the minigun may not be a real gun, it looks way too much like a modern, real gun.

...Uhh, that's not really true at all. TF2 is universally popular, even in Japan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbMewD3dOj0
This is the only thing I can agree with you on. TF2 is very, very popular universal game.
But it is a popular PC game, not a popular console game, or has even been on a Nintendo console.

Last edited:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
...Uhh, that's not really true at all. TF2 is universally popular, even in Japan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbMewD3dOj0
I didn't say TF2 was nonexistant, I'm just saying this: It took months to finish Mewtwo, which was a character the universe begged for. Do you think anyone on the Smash team would waste their time on a PC only, semi-popular worldwide, rated-M game character over someone like, say, K. Rool or Isaac? I honestly don't see it.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I didn't say TF2 was nonexistant, I'm just saying this: It took months to finish Mewtwo, which was a character the universe begged for. Do you think anyone on the Smash team would waste their time on a PC only, semi-popular worldwide, rated-M game character over someone like, say, K. Rool or Isaac? I honestly don't see it.
Heavy is an unlikely character for reasons, but these are not any of those reasons... Mewtwo is playable because people will buy him, companies make stuff people will buy. (And people will buy almost anything) I guarantee you they did not spend those months on Mewtwo, where do you think all of that other DLC content came from?

What the heck is SSART and PNATI? Seriously need some links here. If you're talking about that Sonic game, that was a racing game, there was no combat.

And yes, Heavy DOES need those weapons. Heavy fighting without his minigun is NOT Heavy. And the Minigun would not fly with E10+. The reason why Samus and Megaman can keep their guns is because they don't don't look realistic, and while the minigun may not be a real gun, it looks way too much like a modern, real gun.

This is the only thing I can agree with you on. TF2 is very, very popular universal game.
But it is a popular PC game, not a popular console game, or has even been on a Nintendo console.
Yes, there was combat in Sonic Transformed. There was A LOT of combat.

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Racing combat is completely different. Also, good one there ignoring everything else said.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Heavy is an unlikely character for reasons, but these are not any of those reasons... Mewtwo is playable because people will buy him, companies make stuff people will buy. (And people will buy almost anything) I guarantee you they did not spend those months on Mewtwo, where do you think all of that other DLC content came from?

Yes, there was combat in Sonic Transformed. There was A LOT of combat.
Regardless of how long it takes to make a DlLC character, it takes a ton of work! Sakurai has been saying in his interviews that he's stressed out from all the work, but he also wants to please his fans. I honestly doubt that he'd put himself through making Heavy a character. Honestly, maybe it'd be better if Valve made their own mash up fighter. I mean, c'mon, guys, Chell could do all sorts of cool teleporting stuff. I like TF2, I just think if you want to put Heavy somewhere, Smash isn't the right place.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
As a character who's never appeared on a Nintendo Platform, no.

Heavy is man of killing, not man of smashing. But I love the effort you put into the OP <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom