• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
WE got some nut case claiming that he's got a guide book (living in Japan, obvioulsy) and has the full roster.

Mario
Pikachu
Link
Kirby
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Bowser
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Peach
Zelda
Sheik
Captain Falcon
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Pit
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong
Wario
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Lucas
Pikmin & Olimar
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Krystal
Bowser Jr.
Falco
Lucario
Isaac
Marth
Mewtwo
Black Shadow
King K. Rool
Ganondorf
Ridley
Mr. Game & Watch
Snake
Sonic

I'm gonna say fake due to the fact that so many hidden characters are veterans.

Its a FAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
OH I wasn't sure on which one Serebii disconfirmed. So he disconfirms ANYTHING with Mewtwo in it?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
now now serebii hasn't said mewtwo isn't playable... it's just if you give him a roster with mewtwo playable it's fake...

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Backing out on revealing pictures? Even if you were angry at people's "ignorance," posting pictures would reveal that you were right. And assuming you had the pictures... silly "leakers."

EDIT: Why are we so quick to assume Mewtwo or Lucario are the problems? Jigglypuff could very likely be the culprit.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, he calls anything with Mewtwo or without Lucario fake it seems, he neither confirms nor denies Jigglypuff.

But darn it, this is a good list.

Tenkai

Smash Cadet
Almost!

It seems that Serebii disconfirmed til now any roster with Lucario AND Mewtwo, but I noticed that he never disconfirms clearly any roster with only Lucario an not Mewtwo.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think I was the first one to officially point that out. ;)
Nope, that was I the first, the great Black/Light;)

Pointed it out after he debunked the Nin10do guy P&M bs.
But it doesn't matter, everyone was assuming that this was what he woud do anyway:p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
we can't solely rely on Serebii...

I still don't believe it

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Almost!

It seems that Serebii disconfirmed til now any roster with Lucario AND Mewtwo, but I noticed that he never disconfirms clearly any roster with only Lucario an not Mewtwo.
*GASP!* You almost said it! You almost said that phrase!

"til now" = "UP UNTIL NOW!"

I cant believe none of you got the pic reference

You all fail :(

And you're all presuming
Vreenak, anyone? (I only knew that because my uncle had that on the last time we went over to my aunt and uncle's house...Christmas, I believe.)

And it's less presuming and more..."inferencing." ;)

Frogla

Smash Ace
I cant believe none of you got the pic reference

You all fail :(

And you're all presuming
Im sorry nobody's a Star Trek or Dr. Who nerd like you are serebii.

But any noob can give me this reference without even a quote.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Almost!

This roster just came up recently, but it was proved fake I guess cause it got deleted. AND it started on Gamefaqs.

Tenkai

Smash Cadet
Oldskool:

Yes I know that the roster was a fake.
I was just sayin' that Serebii can disconfirms any roster showing Mewtwo playable, but when he is taken out, Serebii is not sure anymore.
And I'm not the only one who noticed it.

That's why I'm beginning to think that Mewtwo may have been cut.
But do not worry, I'd like to be wrong.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Oldskool:

Yes I know that the roster was a fake.
I was just sayin' that Serebii can disconfirms any roster showing Mewtwo playable, but when he is taken out, Serebii is not sure anymore.
And I'm not the only one who noticed it.

That's why I'm beginning to think that Mewtwo may have been cut.
But do not worry, I'd like to be wrong.
I don't care about Mewtwo really. I'm not to big onmany playable Pokemon in Brawl to begin with.

Super Leviathan

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo I can take or leave as far as attacks go. He is a pretty cool Pokemon and it's too bad Melee diddn't show off his badassness to its full potential

User33

Smash Journeyman
He also never comments on rosters where Marth is absent, but says they're fake with Marth. Uh-oh.

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Serebii deconfirms rosters because they DON'T have a certain character that he knows about. Maybe it's not even Poke-related...

I can't wait for the 24th...I'm so tired of "leakers."

also: I want Ridley...

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Serebii has deconfirmed any roster that doesn't have Lucario. Also, he deconfirms every roster WITH Mewtwo in it. HMMMMMM...noticing any patterns here?

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Actually, there are some rosters with Mewtwo as a boss and Lucario in as something else where Serebii is unsure of...and others he doesn't bother commenting on...

So Serebii...not to get info but here's a portion of some rosters I found...which ones are fake?...not like I'm trying to get info out of you or anything :p

Roster A

"Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo, Lucario"

Roster B

"Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario"

Roster C

"Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Jigglypuff"

Roster D

"Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo"

Roster E

"Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pichu"

Roster F

"Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Pichu"

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Backing out on revealing pictures? Even if you were angry at people's "ignorance," posting pictures would reveal that you were right. And assuming you had the pictures... silly "leakers."

EDIT: Why are we so quick to assume Mewtwo or Lucario are the problems? Jigglypuff could very likely be the culprit.
I was JUST gonna say that. Why isn't it Jiggly he's calling out?

Serebii can't have that many posts, right? Time to do some post-diving... See ya guys soon! *throws on a snorkel and jumps in*

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hey, Fliptroopa! I highly respect your detecting skills man, so while you're diving, go ahead and pull the predicted characters and line 'em up. It's possible we might see the culprit or at least determine if Mewtwo/Lucario really IS the problem here. I'm actually getting more ticked off with Serebii now than AlmightGoat. Serebii I respect, but I'd rather he not say anything at all about the whole matter. I'm a laidback guy and don't take this seriously since in the end it's just a game, but the way he toys with our words is irritating. I mean you no disrespect, but could you at least explain what the conflict is? Without saying who it is?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Hey, Fliptroopa! I highly respect your detecting skills man, while you're diving. Go ahead and make a comparison of all the different rosters that Serebii's called fake on. Maybe we can see the common denominators other than Mewtwo/Lucario.
If it's any consolation, he never commented on thealmightygoat's mention that Blaziken was PokeBalled.

Top Bottom