• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i strongly don't trust the leakers who don't just straight tell us information:

"the third 3rd party character's mom's name begins with the letter R but doesn't have as many vowels as you think..."

i mean seriously a real leak won't be a "game" it will be information. just straight information. these "games" people are playing are just that; just some one having "fun" messing with us.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I think it's pretty safe to say that the profile that Voyager found in the other thread (which shows thealmightygoat's age to be 15) discredits his blog and--dare I say it?--DISCONFIRMS his rumors! :grin:

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Lol, prophets are a big thing lately, eh?

Some of them are probably legit, though. I've stumbled across some information myself that personally proved to me that there is indeed a lot of sources out there like these "prophets" claim to get it from, despite if some are fake. Although usually people who know inside info try to keep it secret and usually wouldn't just leak it out to everyone, as their true idenity could be found and perhaps sued if they really give out info.

The game is coming out soon, though, so prophets really don't excite me much now.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40668019

thealmightygoat
Posted 1/8/2008 10:19:24 PM
message detail

Oh my god....
This is by far the worst coincidence ever.
Great. Now I look like a 15 year old jack*** looking to screw around with some ppl.
Well this completely discredits everything I've ever said. Fantastic.
It's not me.
I'm from the U.S.
He's not.
That's all the proof I've got, but to the skeptical Smash community, that will never be good enough.

....I don't even know how to react right now.....
Just wait till the game comes out I guess. Then you'll know for sure.
Until then,
(puts on flame shield)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Mwahahaha, it just makes me chuckle. I can't imagine he thinks he'll get off that easily!

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, these "prophets" (anyone else gonna gag if they have to type out that word one more time?) are getting to be too much. Half of them are full of crap, are helplessly vague, or turn out to be 15 years old.

So far, ChaosZero's few bits, Serebii's near complete silence, and Gimpyfish are the only one's I actually buy. Maybe that HeyNoTrace guy since he/she actually speaks about gameplay

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
I find it rather ironic how some profile page has now sent the non-believers into a giant victory frenzy. Talk about hypocritcal, how conclusive is this profile page? Can anyone even check the IGN almightygoat's posts (if he has any), or ask a mod in the other sites to check to see if the Gamespot/GameFAQs almightygoat really is from the states?

I don't really believe almightygoat's so called leaks, I just don't think this is really conclusive enough evidence to put down this leaker for good... I'm surprised most of you are so quick to celebrate when we don't really know how much proof this profile page provides.

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
Temporary. Soon to be replaced by a zombie-proof
Go through the trophies on melee before declaring AlmightyGoat a fake. So far alot of the trophies are now Assist trophies or playable characters. The fact that Pack E Derm is so obscure convinces me that this guy may know something if he can make a call like that and describe it's function in the game so well. Besides what makes you think age is a factor? What if his uncle is feeding him information or something. The chance that he's the real deal may seem small but worry more about whether or not it's possible, and it certainly is possible. Just saying, if he is 15 I don't think he'd be clever enough to be a prophet for the things people don't care so much about such as ATs and SSE over the juicier and widely discussed things.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Boards Name: thealmightygoat
UID: 2204012
Profile Added: 10/22/2007 10:30:53 PM
Profile Last Updated: 01/01/2008 5:49:40 PM
Total Number of Posts: 0
Last Board Login Date: 01/01/2008 5:49:40 PM
Last Board Post Date: 12/31/0001 4:00:00 PM
Watched by Count: 0
Watched Users:

A little coincidental, no?

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Boards Name: thealmightygoat
UID: 2204012
Profile Added: 10/22/2007 10:30:53 PM
Profile Last Updated: 01/01/2008 5:49:40 PM
Total Number of Posts: 0
Last Board Login Date: 01/01/2008 5:49:40 PM
Last Board Post Date: 12/31/0001 4:00:00 PM
Watched by Count: 0
Watched Users:

A little coincidental, no?
Ah, thank you. Now, this is actually a lot more conclusive than just the front profile page with only his age I was really only able to see... with this sort of info, things don't look good for almightygoat at all, oh dear!

At first I was going to mention this sort of account could have been made one or two days ago to set up the leaker for a guaranteed fall, but the profile added date pretty much proves it was made before the time almightygoat ever started making leaks for SSBB... I can't remember though, it's been difficult to keep track of all these silly insiders.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
The girl with the tire pump is Alice from Balloon Kid, and the "werewolf" is the villain in her game. He kidnaps her bro and runs off with him. Parrothead will be glad to hear this if these leaks are legit...

The Fire and Ice Rods are from Zelda: Link to the Past, once again. Fire Rod probably chucks fireballs, Ice Rod ice magic.

Rundas is a hunter in Metroid Prime 3.

If we combine all the ATs we know thus far, that totals around 60 give or take a few.

The sword wielding magic user can only be, as I've just looked into it, a Fire Emblem or Golden Sun character. Nintendo doesn't hold the rights to Zelda BS and the only other potentials don't wield swords.

The old-school Japanese character is referring to Takamaru.

The 3rd party that literally fights with its head is NOT Bonk, sadly. And it's very likely not Earthworm Jim either, as such as character is too Western for Japanese audiences. Again: I think it's Pac-Man.

Character nobody knows HAS to be somebody from the Arcade/Toy era. HAS TO BE.

Character who "enjoys yo-yos and alien guns" is Mike from StarTropics.

And the three lies are: 60+ levels; Falcon's new moveset; nudie mag from Metal Gear as an item. Those are definitely obvious lies.

I'll edit this with more random interpretations later.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Could it possibly be Dynamite Headdy, the character who attacks with his head? I've always been impressed with that game, and I could swear those flying things in roman helmets from subspace were from that game. That's literally the plot of his game, hitting stuff with different shaped heads. I would welcome him heavily if he made Brawl, but other characters probably do deserve the slots more.

Croco

Smash Lord
Again FForceSultan updated.
http://www.gamespot.com/users/FForceSultan/

FForceSultan said:
Van_Mundegaarde

Yes, I'm back so soon.

I'm making a predicted character list based on what you said, so I would like to know how many characters are playable. Not the actual ones, but the number. thanks.

Oh god, lets see.

From what I recall-

The 4 3rd party characters were at the bottom row in the middle. But there were a total of 6 slots there with 2 random buttons on the sides. Game & Watch was on the left, then Sonic, unannounced 3rd party, Snake, unannounced 3rd party and then the last unlockable character who uses an umbrella.

There were 4 rows above that one.. those 4 rows had 10 slots each.

That is a total of 46 characters.

Neko_Godot

Hey, great blog, I love all your info.

Anyway, the girl with the Dead Book, she wouldn't happen to wear a red dress and have two long black pigtails, would she?

YES. But she wasn't the one who used the "Dead Book" and I know who Ashley is. Ashley has her own stage which explains the music on the DoJo. Don't you think that music would be a bit odd without a stage themed around it?

Rakuen

About the girl with de tire pump.
I'm pretty sure you're talkin' about Alice from Ballon Kid on Game Boy system.
This make sense, this game been directed by Gunpei Yokoi, Pit and Samus's father.
Hirokazu Tanaka is on the music too. It's exactly the kind of character that Sakurai could put in the game.

Her Final Smash is credible too.
I think you're right, or you lie pretty well.

Any info on Cecil from FFIV in the game?

Yes. It is Alice. And she is ANNOYING. She has a alternate costume in which she wears a blue helmet. This is obviously from Balloon Fighter. The costume I was told needs to be unlocked.

Cecil? I'm not a fan of FF. But I know who you are talking about. Sorry. But I didn't not see Cecil. Like I explain below. SquareEnix didn't have their copyrighted name on the start main menu with SEGA and others.

-More Fun Leaks-

Mr. Game & Watch's stage returns with a new game background.

The reason why the left side of the stage selection screen picture is so big is because the sheer number of stages there actually are.

There are 4 playable kings. Bowser, DeDeDe, and 2 others.

I didn't see SquareEnix listed in the copyright area with Sega etc. and I am saying this because it involves a character which I expected that they would be credited for. But that doesn't mean SquareEnix isn't in the ending credits. PLus this character wasn't even next to the 4 3rd party characters. He or IT was up near the top left row.

There are 3 different shoot the credits endings- 1 for ****c which is the N64 SSB **** 1 for the adventure mode with the NEW Brawl **** and 1 for All Star Mode with the Melee ****

The girl with the sword looked like samus. But she looked more human and she was wearing a tank top and jeans.

Some of the stages are from game series that do not have playable characters.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
"There are 4 playable kings. Bowser, DeDeDe, and 2 others."

King K Rool?:grin:

"I didn't see SquareEnix listed in the copyright area with Sega etc. and I am saying this because it involves a character which I expected that they would be credited for. But that doesn't mean SquareEnix isn't in the ending credits. PLus this character wasn't even next to the 4 3rd party characters. He or IT was up near the top left row."

He's obviously hinting at Geno here.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I find it funny that NOBODY is revealing the entire character lists. "I don't want to spoil it" my a$$...If you have a leak you're going to reveal what everyone want's to see, not all of the secondaries.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
One of those two kings might be K. Rool. Not sure about the other.

Maybe it's....WART?

Black/Light

Smash Master
"The girl with the sword looked like samus. But she looked more human and she was wearing a tank top and jeans"

. . .Tank top, jeans, sword and magic but looks like a more human Samus?!?! Is it a robot. . .Zero looks completely human so Im guessing it's suited.

This is odd. . . but if anyone cane find this char's game I would sure like to read up on it.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I find it funny that NOBODY is revealing the entire character lists. "I don't want to spoil it" my a$$...If you have a leak you're going to reveal what everyone want's to see, not all of the secondaries.
Actuuaallly, according to Chrono's post, thats how melee was leaked. Someone only gave hints and what not but didn't just spill it out at once.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
AWWWW GOD****IT!

Sultan is referring to Alexandra from Eternal Darkness for the sword chick, thus proclaiming him a FAAAAAKE.

****it ****it ****it... I loved his BS. It sounded like it woulda made a fun *** game.

Croco

Smash Lord
"The girl with the sword looked like samus. But she looked more human and she was wearing a tank top and jeans"

. . .Tank top, jeans, sword and magic but looks like a more human Samus?!?! Is it a robot. . .Zero looks completely human so Im guessing it's suited.

This is odd. . . but if anyone cane find this char's game I would sure like to read up on it.
Oh ****.. I know who it is!! It's Alex!!! From Eternal Darkness! :grin:
This makes me very happy. But I don't want to be tricked and then disappointed when the game comes out.

AWWWW GOD****IT!

Sultan is referring to Alexandra from Eternal Darkness for the sword chick, thus proclaiming him a FAAAAAKE.

****it ****it ****it... I loved his BS. It sounded like it woulda made a fun *** game.
How does that make him/her a fake?

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Could also call them "insiders" too I suppose. Also, Does any of sultan's or goat's info contradict each other, or do they fit and coincide?

Boofer

Smash Ace
Actuuaallly, according to Chrono's post, thats how melee was leaked. Someone only gave hints and what not but didn't just spill it out at once.
Oh, really? Didn't know that. I thought it was revealed with a screenshot and everthing.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Actually I believe he said that 1/3 of the melee stages would return. So he's actually pretty spot on. Unless you're not talking about that rapscouter guy. Did someone else say 1-3? It's getting hard to keep track of all these guys.
Wrong. He said 1/3--as in "one-third," or 0.33333333..., or roughly 33%. So far, 6 stages have been revealed from Melee; there were 26 stages total. If this rumor holds water, we should expect 2-3 more returning stages to appear, giving us a total of either 8 or 9 Melee stages in Brawl.
That isn't what's written here:

1-2 the levels from SSB and 1-3 of the levels from SSBM will be in SSBB.

Top Bottom