• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rules Favor Veterans?

Ryuker

Smash Lord
And then Sakurai decides to put in tripping.

I really hope Sakurai dies in a very dramatic car crash.

Same goes for all of Nintendo's persons.

And then, the Nintendo company as a whole.
I can't help but disaproof of these kind of remarks. Even though tripping is ******** this guy has been immensely important to the community we have today(eventhough he doesn't communicate with us). Saying stuff like I hope they all die in a car crash sounds childish, dumb, direspectfull and a clear lack of knowledge of game development. Plz don't post any kind of remark like this anymore...

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I can't help but disaproof of these kind of remarks. Even though tripping is ******** this guy has been immensely important to the community we have today(eventhough he doesn't communicate with us). Saying stuff like I hope they all die in a car crash sounds childish, dumb, direspectfull and a clear lack of knowledge of game development. Plz don't post any kind of remark like this anymore...

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Wayy wayy wayyyyy off topic. Even though tripping is probably the worst thing introduced to a fighting game since the concept even came out.

Point is... If you're good enough to avoid making mistakes... You shouldn't be punished for that.

Melee > Brawl

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so the general agreement, I think, is that the rules do favor veterans, but it's only because the rules were designed to make an otherwise unbalanced game tournament worthy, and because the veterans have, by definition, more experience playing under these rules.

I'm fine with that. Just wondering why things are the way they are.

Moving on to a related topic; what makes Smash unbalanced? I've heard about the fact that speedy characters on large levels have definite advantages, but are there really no counters at all?
when you look at the roster you can say all of the characters have there advantages and disadvantages towards each other, BUT it all balances out in the long run. What makes the game of smash so unbalanced are the stages. The moment someone picks a stage, either person will have the advantage. Example if I were to fight an Olimar I would pick the F-zero stage because, simply put, there are no ledges for him to grab onto and right at that moment the game has become imbalanced.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
rules are for making the competition regulary balanced. This rules are made because of people to not win by luck and sht.. And for me, makes the game more fun, because u gotta learn more and focus more.. XD

S P I K E

Smash Ace
My friend Matt, Greta the Great, or whatever you want to call him was telling me about how he played this guy who was apprentely world champ in street fighter or something. All those games from Shoryuken or whatever basically require that you know what characters are the best and know the character decently enough to play him. He thought that by picking Sheik and knowing the moves he could win against Jigglypuff.

He got *****, and said that the game sucks and takes no skill... Ironic?

People at shoryuken think smash is a joke and shouldn't be considered a fighter. Funny...

The rule set makes sure that the one WITH the skill wins.

Killress

Smash Ace

Geez. Thats kind of harsh.

Maybe a coma, but death.

Heck, maybe he'll get in an accident, go in a coma, wake up, and recall brawl to fix up.:p

Top Bottom