• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rrrrraaahhhh!

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
In the latest SSE video... there is a part where Ike does this upB and lets out a beastly yell that wasn't heard in the e for all videos...

At least I didn't hear it... does anyone have a video where you can hear... or better yet if anyone that was at e for all can tell me...

I guess the main point of this seemingly pointless thread is...

Are they making post-demo changes to the characters?

GenG

Smash Lord
The japanese webpage has a different voice for Ike. It's manlier.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I heard Ike yell like that while using aether in the EforAll demos. I'll try and see If I can find a video where he clearly does it.

And is it just me, or does hie Japanese voice sound less wild?

Edit: you can hear him yell in these videos, though it's often hard to hear. Just listen carefully whenever he does aether.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlhwdvf_U14&NR=1 (you can hear it just before he gets the smashball)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m491-eyQApY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4lvbMpUVU4

Jeremy092387

Smash Cadet
All I know is he sounds badass. His english voice blows his Japanese one out of the water, he sounds louder and more insane. RRRRAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

GenG

Smash Lord
The English one sounds whinny. The Japanese one sounds manly.

But I guess that's Jason Adkins for you.

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
To me the Japanese version sound like Link little bit, I like American version better and Ike is still cool

iron blade

Smash Ace
Didn't even notice Ike made any noises... I knew he would but I never looked too deeply into it until now. Yea, he basically says rrraaaaahhhh!

Dark Meta-Knight

Smash Apprentice
The English one sounds whinny. The Japanese one sounds manly.

But I guess that's Jason Adkins for you.
In Melee, everyone sounds better. Falco says something while taunting, Mewtwo sounds cool. It's just cooler in Japanese.

True Fool

Smash Ace
The only english thing I want Ike to say is "Stay back!", similar to how Greil says it. It should be one of his taunts, so I can can spam it.

But anyway, I actually like both of his voices, and I usually have something to b*tch about when it comes to english voices.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
I like Ike's english yell more. Sounds like he's intending to beat the snot out of something, the Japanese yell sounds too...Technical. >_>

...RAAAAAHHH!

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
The Japanese yell is more like "Hynaph!"

Oh god, we're discussing about a characters yell. That just came to me
Well, we're also discussing his sexuality on another thread. So yeah... heh. :laugh:

These scenes here are from the cinematic "Greil's Fall" in PoR, not very spoilerific, as it's in the beginning.

PoR Ike's English voice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD045DChGSY

PoR Ike's Japanese voice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwGePqRRim4&feature=related

I actually that I like both versions. I gotta go hear the Japanese SSE clip more closely, ya, as I heard no difference.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Its the japanese thing people are saying, try changing your melee or even your smash 64 to japanese, even the sound effects change... More noticable in 64 IMO

tmbjr

Smash Cadet
Ike better have spoken taunts and victory phrases in SSBB like Marth did in SSBM, but with English translations...

I can imagine some of his quotes like, "Greil Mercenaries...Move Out!" being used as a taunt and some longer phrases like, "My sword-fighting skills were given to me by my father. If I stay true to them, I cannot lose." as a victory phrase...

Meh...but I could just be being idealistic. :D

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, well, whenever Ike said "Greil Mercenaries, move out!" It made me think of Teen Titans and Robin saying "Titans, go!" XD

Hmm, tmbjr, that line there may be a -bit- too long. But I would like something like that muchly, I would.

The only victory sequences I've seen in the movies is him planting the sword in the ground and crossing his arms (victoriously) and the other using Aether with no flame. He probably has more.

The other characters who have talked so far in their victory speeches are like "Victory blah blah blah!". Or like Metaknight's "You have much to learn." I remember Marth saying "Everyone, listen (or look?) at me!". Perhaps it would be around that length. Argh, I kinda wanna pore over the script of FE 9/10 to find a good catchphrase.

If it were Soren, it would be easy, as his apparent catchphrase is "Idiocy". XDDD.

...Ike should be allowed more speech than the rest. He's not one of those silent heroes, you know.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
it's the same as the english yell... I think all the other languages have the English voice actor except the japanese (duh)

Torchik

Smash Ace
In one of his victory things he says something. Wow...I never played PoR (played RD), but seeing that scene boosted his brother factor by a million! Oh, how I wish he were my older brother. ^_^

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I don't understand you a single bit...

Those are the kinds of things people usually keep to themselves...

XACE-K

Smash Master
In one of his victory things he says something. Wow...I never played PoR (played RD), but seeing that scene boosted his brother factor by a million! Oh, how I wish he were my older brother. ^_^
Doesn't everybody want Ike for an older brother.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman

He says something? I could never hear it, but it would make sense. FE characters are the more talkative of Nintendo characters. Along with Starfox and something else I think. Now I wonder if Zero Suit Samus will talk.

Ike...I would want him for a brother...were I a straight guy. But yeah, if I was, I would want him for a brother too. ^^

Torchik

Smash Ace
Heh, yeah, his mouth moved but the girls in the video were screaming too loud for anyone to here it. I hope there's voice acting in SSE!

I know, if I had one wish, it would definetly be to make Ike my older brother. Hah, Corax, another example! Hehehahehahaheha! ^_^ *Calms down from sugar rush* ........... >_>

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
of course it would be cool to have him as an older brother... I'm just saying it's a bit odd for you to keep bringing up... it's in your sig X_x

Torchik

Smash Ace
Heh, true. When I want something I get obssessed...REALLY obssessed. I don't stop until I get it or I get really tired of it and I'm not close to that point yet! It's a big flaw with my personality...oh and the super hyperness! ^_______^

Top Bottom