• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy Vs. Ike

DarkLink777

Smash Rookie
I just wanna who was shocked when roy was replaced with...."sigh" Ike:( who is nothing compared too roy i mean the apperance and the moveset and everything ...roy deserves too be in brawl and while its way too late too change anything,i can only hope hes in the next SSB

DarkLink777

Smash Rookie
thats what i was thinking,but thanks for the welcome
also(for zssamus) i just hate marth...hes like my arch rival in melee,so even if he is a beast its against my morals too play as him,thanks though

Matt Devine

Smash Rookie
aww, you only hate marth because i always killed you with him so bad in melee ^.^
and BTW... I'd kill you even worse with Ike now... then i did with Marth then.

DarkLink777

Smash Rookie
MATT...that was luck we all now it and...just...w/errrrrrrrrrrrrr
and zssamus Roy wasnt just better in melee...he was better ...in everything PERIOD

Matt Devine

Smash Rookie
^^ Agreed.
For me anyways, i found Marth had a perfect balance of speed and power for how i played. I also found Roy too slow and clumsy, which left him open a lot for attacks.

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
MATT...that was luck we all now it and...just...w/errrrrrrrrrrrrr
and zssamus Roy wasnt just better in melee...he was better ...in everything PERIOD
Hee hee hee.

In all fairness, though, Roy really was just a promotional character, only put in to boost awareness for a game not even released. Ike is an infinitely more interesting character to play (also, better) and his moveset provides a nice refreshing change of place from Roy's recycled one. Just because Roy had red hair, fire and a yelling taunt didn't make him a good character, and I for one am very pleased with his replacement.

Also, the spelling here is atrocious.

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Hey, look. You can't seriously put Ike over Roy. Roy had an adaptable recovery that could generally keep out edgeguarding and sweetspot the ledge. Roy had a forward smash that was almost as powerful and didn't take a *censored* hour to come out, as well as decent aerials (Uair and Nair), and beastly range. Obviously his slowness in everything except those staple attacks put off competetive players, as well as a tricky-to-pull-off wavedash and no notable tricks. His attack duration made it almost impossible to really combo. His counter was always useful, however.

However, Ike is Roy minus speed, a usable recovery, and aerials. All of Ike's aerials take a *censored* hour to come out and can usually be completely airdodged anyway. Everything he does is telegraphed and slow. If they really needed another heavy, they should've just thrown in K. Rool. Heck, in the FE games, Ike was actually one of the faster characters, and really reminded me more of Melee Roy than he did his Brawl form. They could've kept in the Roy model and moves (with Aether substituted for Roy's Up special, obviously) and just change the aesthetics, as Roy was already popular with beginning/intermediate players. Brawl Ike is a disgrace to his games. Turning Roy into Ike for Brawl would be a way better decision.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Hey, look. You can't seriously put Ike over Roy. Roy had an adaptable recovery that could generally keep out edgeguarding and sweetspot the ledge. Roy had a forward smash that was almost as powerful and didn't take a *censored* hour to come out, as well as decent aerials (Uair and Nair), and beastly range. Obviously his slowness in everything except those staple attacks put off competetive players, as well as a tricky-to-pull-off wavedash and no notable tricks. His attack duration made it almost impossible to really combo. His counter was always useful, however.

However, Ike is Roy minus speed, a usable recovery, and aerials. All of Ike's aerials take a *censored* hour to come out and can usually be completely airdodged anyway. Everything he does is telegraphed and slow. If they really needed another heavy, they should've just thrown in K. Rool. Heck, in the FE games, Ike was actually one of the faster characters, and really reminded me more of Melee Roy than he did his Brawl form. They could've kept in the Roy model and moves (with Aether substituted for Roy's Up special, obviously) and just change the aesthetics, as Roy was already popular with beginning/intermediate players. Brawl Ike is a disgrace to his games. Turning Roy into Ike for Brawl would be a way better decision.
Would you like some more cheese with that whine???

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Ike is better than Roy.

Ike takes more skill to use than Roy.

Ike has a horizontal recovery option.

Because I have a custom avatar, my opinion is instantly more important than anyone who disagrees.

I'm with the *I hate Roy fanboys* guy.

Thread over. It's not like this thread hasn't been posted before.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I miss Roy also. I think everyone knew he was going to get the boot if they were removing all clones. It is disappointing that he didn't get in since there are still clones.

I think Roy would have enjoyed Brawl's physics engine.

Ike just doesn't fit my play style like Roy did. I have been lately trying to pick up Marth but it still isn't the same.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Does roy fight for HIS friends? NO. That's why roy fails and Ike wins.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Roy was so badass! I mean, my YouTube account is KINGROYBOY! (No plug lol) Ike is great though. His moveset and everything. He is a powerhouse. Roy was so cool, but he was terrible. And what makes me even more angry that he's not in is that Nintendo was going to put him in! People have hacked into Brawl and found Roy data along with others. Grr... why Sakurai? Why?!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This is why threads like this need to stop. Pointless arguments over which character is better than the other. It's like me saying that Mewtwo would whoop Lucario if he were in Brawl. Get over the fact that Ike isn't better than Roy and Roy isn't better than Ike, because they have never fought each other in Smash Bros., and they most likely never will.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Amen to that above.
What's with all the bickering in this thread? Was Brawl's destruction by you nublets not enough?

Just kidding xD But really, these arguments don't lead anywhere.

Btw, I also think Roy's pretty cool, but like some people already mentioned, he fights for his friends. He wins. Period. (hey, they are both cool, don't compare two fighters from different games and how the one could "destroy" the other)

Top Bottom