• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

WE WON CONQUEST IM THE GOD FOR NEARLY 50 POINTS ON EACH DEVICE (bout 100 total)

I have no idea why I haven't already visited the Roy boards considering I've secondaried him since he was released for dlc and I've been on the Tink boards even longer (Toon Link's my main). So, hey, I guess.
Anyway, the main reasons I secondary Roy and Marth are because, well, they're bloody fun as hell, and also my new found love for the FE franchise (I got awakening for christmas and am now playing through the sacred stones.) But I don't know which game in the series I want to play next (between FE7 and shadow dragon), It'll likely be FE7 because it's one of the 3 GBA FE games so it should be easy to switch from FE8 to it. Which one of the two would you say is better?
FE7 is better than Shadow Dragon for sure. Even if I feel FE7's one of the weaker Fire Emblems (even after taking into account my nostalgia with it being my first FE and 40+ playthroughs), it's definitely better. I like 7 a lot more than Stones, Awakening, and Dragon, so you might like it more too. Keep us updated.

if you need roms for the jp-only ones I got you (y)

it has Eliwood too and you get to learn about who your palette is based off of, so 7's cool

Welcome! ^^ Ironically, we started FE around the same time. As for the game you should go with, I would honestly pick FE7 because I am in no way biased towards both of those games. Okay, maybe a little, but I felt like FE7 was a smooth translation from Awakening. I can imagine SS was even easier with grinding available.

Just one question, though. I swear half of the people that I know play Smash main TL. ARE YOU SURE I DON'T KNOW YOU

just kidding. but seriously, my entire town plays toon link and its annoying
It's because this is TL's theme song:

and that's because of his skater hair and how it's easy to imagine skaters playing tink, I imagine a really terrible beautiful skate park combo video with like 99 skater kids and their toon links swagging on people

This song has a lot of naughty grown up words, before I get in trouble for censor dodging

this song is so bad it's good, I can't stop listening. The lryics are so funny

IF YOU SCARED GO TO CHURCH

HI HATER I THROW YOU OFF THE TOP OF A SKYSCRAPER

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been discovered yet or if it is exclusive to Roy but I was playing against the CPU for fun when this really long roll happened. No customs were on, it was 3 stocks and I was using a GC controller. It happens at around the 2:50 mark. I am not up to date with Roy tech so if this exists feel free to point it out or remove this post.

https://youtu.be/22O5PZW7Xbc?t=2m49s

Thanks for reading!
zard showing us his flying typing in smash yet again

roy became mewtwo briefly with that roll to learn tbolt

my tink is taking that razor scooter to the skate park level swag, I should use him more

Last edited:

Jabzilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jabzilla
3DS FC
3007-8178-1682
WE WON CONQUEST IM THE GOD FOR NEARLY 50 POINTS ON EACH DEVICE (bout 100 total)

FE7 is better than Shadow Dragon for sure. Even if I feel FE7's one of the weaker Fire Emblems (even after taking into account my nostalgia with it being my first FE and 40+ playthroughs), it's definitely better. I like 7 a lot more than Stones, Awakening, and Dragon, so you might like it more too. Keep us updated.

it has Eliwood too and you get to learn about who your palette is based off of, so 7's cool

and that's because of his skater hair and how it's easy to imagine skaters playing tink, I imagine a really terrible beautiful skate park combo video with like 99 skater kids and their toon links swagging on people

This song has a lot of naughty grown up words, before I get in trouble for censor dodging

this song is so bad it's good, I can't stop listening. The lryics are so funny

IF YOU SCARED GO TO CHURCH

HI HATER I THROW YOU OFF THE TOP OF A SKYSCRAPER

zard showing us his flying typing in smash yet again

roy became mewtwo briefly with that roll to learn tbolt

my tink is taking that razor scooter to the skate park level swag, I should use him more
It could even be Roy learnt the dreaded Galeforce to do 2 rolls in one.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz

First of all, do you know if there're any fan translations in the form of rom hacks? I only know how to say a few phrases in japanese such as: YON HYAKO NIJUU MOYASE WATASHI NO KOKU-JIN (literal translation = 420 blaze it my black man)

Secondly, I'm done, I'm just done with everything now, 8/8 M8 GR8 B8 PLS DON'T H8, seriously, that is gold, all of my friends even say that it's funny because I look like I'd skate or play guitar or something but instead I just play piano, so I guess I'm adding to the stereotype of Tink mains who look like skaters.

And this marked the day that LotadAlittle could never unsee Tink's 80s skater hair

First of all, do you know if there're any fan translations in the form of rom hacks? I only know how to say a few phrases in japanese such as: YON HYAKO NIJUU MOYASE WATASHI NO KOKU-JIN (literal translation = 420 blaze it my black man)

Secondly, I'm done, I'm just done with everything now, 8/8 M8 GR8 B8 PLS DON'T H8, seriously, that is gold, all of my friends even say that it's funny because I look like I'd skate or play guitar or something but instead I just play piano, so I guess I'm adding to the stereotype of Tink mains who look like skaters.

And this marked the day that LotadAlittle could never unsee Tink's 80s skater hair
Ye I've got all the fan-translations of FE1-6 and 12 pre-patched

the only two tink mains I know irl (outside of the scene) are really nerdy white guys with glasses, and then Detta, best tink in the state with just some secondary thing going on, is a really nerdy white guy with glasses. There might be two factions of tink mains.

There is a stereotype that's tried and true I often see on youtube comments via casual players. Where Roy mains will talk about how they also play Young Link well, and vice versa. I figured this might apply to Toon with lunchables, and with how right he feels for me (dedicated roy for years) in 4, it might be true.

Last edited:

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Ye I've got all the fan-translations of FE1-6 and 12 pre-patched

the only two tink mains I know irl (outside of the scene) are really nerdy white guys with glasses, and then Detta, best tink in the state with just some secondary thing going on, is a really nerdy white guy with glasses. There might be two factions of tink mains.

There is a stereotype that's tried and true I often see on youtube comments via casual players. Where Roy mains will talk about how they also play Young Link well, and vice versa. I figured this might apply to Toon with lunchables, and with how right he feels for me (dedicated roy for years) in 4, it might be true.
Ok, as I said, I'm currently playing through FE8 so I'm trying to finish before I play any other games, once I do finish it I'll probably buy FE7 but after that would I be able to get the download links for the roms from you? And if so, how, SmashBoards, Email, Skype?

Also, yeah, I can see Tink having a lot of nerdy white guys main him but just about every char would considering a lot of the people who play smash, let alone competitive smash, will likely be a stereotypical nerdy white guy, not that it's a bad thing.

Ok, as I said, I'm currently playing through FE8 so I'm trying to finish before I play any other games, once I do finish it I'll probably buy FE7 but after that would I be able to get the download links for the roms from you? And if so, how, SmashBoards, Email, Skype?

Also, yeah, I can see Tink having a lot of nerdy white guys main him but just about every char would considering a lot of the people who play smash, let alone competitive smash, will likely be a stereotypical nerdy white guy, not that it's a bad thing.
Inbox me when the time comes and we'll work it out.

You'd be surprised how many african/mexican people are in the scene, especially in the big cities.

Skype is lordeliwood69, you can send a request. I never boot up Skype unless I know I'm gonna use it, so Smashboards is a good way to say "hey get on skype"

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
You can't link to them here, at least. Take them to PMs or off-site.
Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Inbox me when the time comes and we'll work it out.

You'd be surprised how many african/mexican people are in the scene, especially in the big cities.

Skype is lordeliwood69, you can send a request. I never boot up Skype unless I know I'm gonna use it, so Smashboards is a good way to say "hey get on skype"
Again, thanks for letting me know, just for future reference, you'll know it's me when you see my skype name, it's: xXxXxX_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)LotadAlittle大阪( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_XxXxXx, yeah... Like the filthy memelord I am

edit:
I have no idea what I'm doing with my life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rsBCXa86nQ&index=7&list=PLgpOdjMUhHl3XBKsTRQrWBzt03FeKIGz8
I'm so sorry

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
pffft, Sacred stones is better
even if no one knows how to draw Eirika's chest plate
If you want more MLG sacred stones then here's the video which inspired me to make that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOvWhQwC3oY
oh dear god, this is gonna make my recommended tab look terrible now, thanks a lot....

Last edited:

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
I actually saw that before

MLG FE is probably the best thing to happen to this bland Earth, though
The MLGods truly blessed with that one.

oh dear god, this is gonna make me recommended tab look terrible now, thanks a lot....
Don't worry, MLG videos are like angry weeaboos in comment sections, Ignore 'em and they'll f*ck off after a few days (trust me, I've angered many weeaboos)

pffft, Sacred stones is better
even if no one knows how to draw Eirika's chest plate

oh dear god, this is gonna make my recommended tab look terrible now, thanks a lot....

Golden Sun portrait res

the epic battle

Don't forget Minecraft part 3 torture zone.

D

Deleted member

I was bored and i decided to draw a Beavis and Butthead X Fire Emblem crossover:
ROY AND MARTH 001.jpg

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390

I find it odd that I happen to be a Toon Link main because he feels right, secondaries Falco and Roy (In Ssb4), mains Young Link in Melee, and is a nerdy white guy with glasses.

Edit: The grammar in this post was terrible. Blame autocorrect and my tiredness.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I find it odd that I happen to be a Toon Link main because he feels right, secondaries Falco and Roy, main Young Link in Melee, and a nerd white guy with glasses.
instructions unclear how to do you main M2K?

At kill percents, tipped uair true combos into sweetspot utilt. It's pretty lenient even on floaties. Sour uair to sweet ftilt works to a lesser extent. Both work on ffers, you can even fsmash before they can do anything on landing for ffers.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
At kill percents, tipped uair true combos into sweetspot utilt. It's pretty lenient even on floaties. Sour uair to sweet ftilt works to a lesser extent. Both work on ffers, you can even fsmash before they can do anything on landing for ffers.
well Ftilt technically wouldn't be too important of an option unless they are heavy,
just a thought. neat you found that though

There's a pretty good Roy I found doing my usual research (going on youtube, typing smash 4 roy, sorting by upload date) named Calm. He does some noteworthy stuff and seems to be the best Roy at the Pikachu MU I've seen so far, and it's interesting to note that he co-mains Sheik. His patience was rewarding, but there were times when he choked trying to take stocks.

From how things look, Pika was easier for him with Roy, Ness was easier for him with Sheik, and Sheik gave his Roy trouble, but his Roy didn't have a hard time versus Wario.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
U-Air is also really good for covering ledge options I think I've found. It might just be me playing against pretty bad people, but I've caught people getting up normally, jumping, and rolling. Sure, you can airdodge from the ledge but that's what reads are for >:D

U-Air is also really good for covering ledge options I think I've found. It might just be me playing against pretty bad people, but I've caught people getting up normally, jumping, and rolling. Sure, you can airdodge from the ledge but that's what reads are for >:D
the back hitbox of uair can definitely catch ledge options, you get hella hitstun on sweetspot too so you'll get at least 21 damage off it if you combo after it.

Also what landing traps are for, and Roy goes compton violence if he catches you without a second jump too.

Will experiment with more.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
the only two tink mains I know irl (outside of the scene) are really nerdy white guys with glasses
Looks in mirror. Adjusts glasses.

Damn it.

In other news, I started playing through Binding Blade. It's kind of refreshing to go back to an "old-school" Fire Emblem game in this post-Awakening world. Don't get me wrong, I loved Awakening, but playing FE6 reminds me of playing my first FE game back in the day.

Last edited:
*dusts himself off* How you all are doing?
Horrible at work today

Excellent in everything else

Damn it.

In other news, I started playing through Binding Blade. It's kind of refreshing to go back to an "old-school" Fire Emblem game in this post-Awakening world. Don't get me wrong, I loved Awakening, but playing FE6 reminds me of playing my first FE game back in the day.
It is indeed really nice, I don't think I'll continue the series after Awakening and the direction modern FE is going but I can always go back to games like 6.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master

Damn it.

It's okay to hate Awakening. Despite it's popularity mostly stemming from waifu pairings, it was a poor entry I.E. horrible.

No longer is it about warring countries in a mature manner, it's more a 2nd rate bad anime now. Fates probably won't be much better.

Also no feet because too much work.

The quality of Fire Emblem seemed to diminish after the last GBA game.

Especially when it comes to mugshots of the characters, the great sprites having more artistic value then the models have especially with the garbage toilet bowl armor. Oh those sprites? They have feet too.

RIP GBA General.

How do you go from this

to this

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
It's okay to hate Awakening. Despite it's popularity mostly stemming from waifu pairings, it was a poor entry I.E. horrible.

No longer is it about warring countries in a mature manner, it's more a 2nd rate bad anime now. Fates probably won't be much better.

Especially when it comes to mugshots of the characters, the great sprites having more artistic value then the models have especially with the garbage toilet bowl armor. Oh those sprites? They have feet too.

RIP GBA General.

How do you go from this

to this

What do you think about PoR and RD? The games after the "GBA Era" and before the Marth Remakes and "Post-Awakening" Games.

I know people that like you prefer the Sprites over the Models, because he consideres unnecesary make models for characters that have few actions.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
What do you think about PoR and RD? The games after the "GBA Era" and before the Marth Remakes and "Post-Awakening" Games.

I know people that like you prefer the Sprites over the Models, because he consideres unnecesary make models for characters that have few actions.
I think the Radiance games were alright. Since from a story standpoint there was still crap going on. Come Awakening the story is on laser guided tunnel vision.

Although with Radiance I do see some of the units being stupid OP and can probably carry you if you build them right.

Ike, Haar, Tibarn.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

map models in RD/PoR though :awesome:
As I see it the quality of the models improved but not the quality of the presentation,
so they feel lack luster in that sense, not that the story is bad

RIP GBA General.

How do you go from this

to this

I can put that full argument into one gif

Troykv

Smash Master
I think the Radiance games were alright. Since from a story standpoint there was still crap going on. Come Awakening the story is on laser guided tunnel vision.

Although with Radiance I do see some of the units being stupid OP and can probably carry you if you build them right.

Ike, Haar, Tibarn.
Well... Radiant Dawn is probably the first game that has many overpowered characters, but also this characters exists in other games, like Sacred Stones with Seth.

Top Bottom