• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

I just pushed that footstool combo to 50+ (less with staling) WITH a safer move to initiate, and I believe it'll work on high-level players if Ryo can consistently do a foostool combo that's more difficult to initiate against the world's best players.

If the timing's too tight or your opponent is at a range where this full combo won't work, you can do variations of the original (see the video's description) at different percents or if they react certain ways.

This combo is:
1: Sweet uair
2: Footstool
3: Sweet dair
4: Footstool
5: Sweet dair
6: Sweet aerial

.....Did that just do 42%? Holy hell, frame cancelling Cloud is scary.
I just did a 50+ combo with Roy off a stray uair, it'll be at the top of this post

Could you try getting the 2nd dair to sourspot and maybe adding an additional footstool -> dair? Also thanks very much for the uploads, much appreciated.

Frame cancel uair can lead into dair but they need to sent offstage to kill them, works at around 50% damage depending on attributes.
I could try that for a new variant, I really like the idea.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
*Watches Captain America Civil War Trailer*

*My reaction when I see Spider Man with facial expressions*

Hey, welcome! :) Together, we ride! lol

---

I think there is a strong argument in favor of it being the strongest counter. Upwards trajectory, and, what, a 2.3x Knockback modifier? Is a bit silly lol.

---
Yeah, I remember people saying that. I was talking more about the damage multiply. Smash Conner said that Corrin is strongest with 1.3 when it's actually Roy with 1.35

:135:

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Yeah, I remember people saying that. I was talking more about the damage multiply. Smash Conner said that Corrin is strongest with 1.3 when it's actually Roy with 1.35

For comparison:

Counter Surge: x1.3 Damage (minimum 10%), 90 BKB, 74 KBG (68 KBG for late hit)

Counter (Roy): x1.35 Damage (minimum 8%), 35 BKB, 100 KBG (70 KBG for sourspot)

Vision: x1.3 Damage (minimum 7-10% normal; 10-13% True Vision), 70 BKB, 84 KBG (94 KBG for True Vision)

And just for the lulz:

Finishing Touch: 60 BKB, 417 KBG (390 KBG for late hit)

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Little Mac and Palutena are also at 1.3x. They (esp palu) have pretty low kb though

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
For comparison:

Counter Surge: x1.3 Damage (minimum 10%), 90 BKB, 74 KBG (68 KBG for late hit)

Counter (Roy): x1.35 Damage (minimum 8%), 35 BKB, 100 KBG (70 KBG for sourspot)

Vision: x1.3 Damage (minimum 7-10% normal; 10-13% True Vision), 70 BKB, 84 KBG (94 KBG for True Vision)

And just for the lulz:

Finishing Touch: 60 BKB, 417 KBG (390 KBG for late hit)
Ah, no wonder Corrin's is so strong. His BKB is ridiculous. Plus the vertical knockback. You know I'm curious, what would happen if Roy or Corrin Countered Finishing Touch? Like, imagine the percent it would kill

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Ah, no wonder Corrin's is so strong. His BKB is ridiculous. Plus the vertical knockback. You know I'm curious, what would happen if Roy or Corrin Countered Finishing Touch? Like, imagine the percent it would kill

It would kill very late, as Counters have their own Knockback seperate from the attack they counter. The more damage the countered hit does the farther the knockback is - not the knockback of the attack countered.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It would kill very late, as Counters have their own Knockback seperate from the attack they counter. The more damage the countered hit does the farther the knockback is - not the knockback of the attack countered.
Ah, okay. I always thought Knockback had a factor in it to. Since say if you countered any of Ganon's super strong attack after 30%, he basically died.

Not too long until that Roy amiibo comes out....

Hoping most of all for Fates compatibility. He looks so much better from the waist-up without those boots, and a portrait would really emphasize this. He has entirely separate armor from Awakening, and Marth+Ike received new portraits, so we won't have to deal with Robin/Lucina treatment. I can imagine him having a really nice-looking portrait, and I'm really hoping for a unique class, skill set, and Sword of Seals that we could class our units into and wield. Original nods to FE6 animations and how over-the-top GBA animations were in general would be really nice touches. It all strangely seems like it'd really fit Odin well.

Ah, the wait's killing me. They're really pushing amiibo as DLC methods, and it'd be useless to do nothing with Mewtwo/Lucas/Roy and all the pay-to-win newcomer amiibos besides make them simple figures that you can train for Smash.

btw, photo edit from earlier:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Not too long until that Roy amiibo comes out....

Hoping most of all for Fates compatibility. He looks so much better from the waist-up without those boots, and a portrait would really emphasize this. He has entirely separate armor from Awakening, and Marth+Ike received new portraits, so we won't have to deal with Robin/Lucina treatment. I can imagine him having a really nice-looking portrait, and I'm really hoping for a unique class, skill set, and Sword of Seals that we could class our units into and wield. Original nods to FE6 animations and how over-the-top GBA animations were in general would be really nice touches. It all strangely seems like it'd really fit Odin well.

Ah, the wait's killing me. They're really pushing amiibo as DLC methods, and it'd be useless to do nothing with Mewtwo/Lucas/Roy and all the pay-to-win newcomer amiibos besides make them simple figures that you can train for Smash.

btw, photo edit from earlier:
Yes. Yes this just so much.

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Ah, okay. I always thought Knockback had a factor in it to. Since say if you countered any of Ganon's super strong attack after 30%, he basically died.

Just gonna elaborate here, forgive me if this is too much lol

That's because Warlock Punch deals so much damage; If we did an attack such as a Falcon Punch compared to a fully charged Smash Attack that would, theoretically, deal 25% also on Captain Falcon's moveset, both would kill him at the same percent no matter what, even if their knockback scaling is different.

Roy's Counter has 35 base Knockback and 100 Knockback Growth. That would be entirely worthless to code if it didn't scale based on damage. Just food for thought.

And your welcome C:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I'm not sure if Roy WILL be compatible to Fates. His amiibo is going to be released in a week, and they have yet to say anything about it. Oh well. Looks like we just have to keep our eyes open for the time being.

In other news, guess who's getting cards?

It's from the latest Cipher livestream! Check it out! Not much FE6 or other non Awakening/Fates stuff though: http://m.imgur.com/a/z1AcK

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if Roy WILL be compatible to Fates. His amiibo is going to be released in a week, and they have yet to say anything about it. Oh well. Looks like we just have to keep our eyes open for the time being.

In other news, guess who's getting cards?

It's from the latest Cipher livestream! Check it out! Not much FE6 or other non Awakening/Fates stuff though: http://m.imgur.com/a/z1AcK
That's the thing that bothers me so much. I thought they were finally gonna talk about it in the last Direct, but nope. If Roy isn't compatible with Fates, I'll be seriously disappointed, because he would once again get the short end of the stick like he always does.

That being said, nice! Card games are not much of my thing, but the illustrations are cool.

Interesting enough, Roy's Cipher card comes out on June 23rd, which is a little over a week after his Sm4sh DLC inclusion anniversary, June 14th. Neat stuff. Here's the preview art of one of his cards for anyone who hasn't seen it:

So much power behind it!! Maybe even a preview of things to come outside Cipher. It looks awfully familiar, too....

Left is from the Hasha no Tsurugi manga from a while ago. It's translated online if you look for it, Roy and co. are featured later since it revolves around the heroes the odd weapon names such as Al Sword and Gant Lance were named after.

That's the thing that bothers me so much. I thought they were finally gonna talk about it in the last Direct, but nope. If Roy isn't compatible with Fates, I'll be seriously disappointed, because he would once again get the short end of the stick like he always does.

That being said, nice! Card games are not much of my thing, but the illustrations are cool.
I wouldn't say he always gets the short end of the stick, or even often. After all, he's one of the very few veterans to return in Smash. Over choices like Snake, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers, Roy made it in over them, and none of them have any chance of returning now.

He even received a full redesign and proper Luigification, and although I'd prefer a declone and have many ideas since he's a much more unique swordfighter than some want to give him credit for, Sakurai does strongly hold to his principals in keeping characters who were previously clone characters somewhat similar, to avoid alienating original players.

In the case of Doc returning before him, that's because Doc was originally planned as just an alt costume. Dr. Mario is.... literally Mario, so it makes sense. Roy's properties differ far too much from Marth and he's always had potential for a full declone, so I can see why he didn't come on 3DS release. They wanted to save something better for him. Even Mewtwo was DLC, too.

Roy is one of the very few Smash-inspired redesigned characters, alongside Link and the Star Fox members, who are pivotal members and mainstays to Smash and Nintendo.

Roy's the only veteran besides Mewtwo to return to the prolific mod Project M, being one of its only two finished additional fighters, and the only veteran to return alongside Pichu in Brawl Minus. Hell, he even had his own trailer when Mewtwo didn't. You can't deny the immense popularity of PM 3.0, try and see how many 2014 PM uploads and discussions you can find.

I heard people a while back saying that Corrin's more popular and well-received than Roy. I can argue why that's far from the case, but for now, I'll just leave these here.

Compare the like/dislike ratio of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8XIj05irtU (Roughly 1 in 69-70 people disliking Roy's addition)
To: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMvgKqMWAlg (1 in 6 people disliking Corrin's addition)

It was miraculous how Roy was always a top 3/5 or mainstay in Smash DLC polls. Corrin was never anywhere near that level of demand, and so many characters weren't either. You remember how we had several major fronts and a website back in support days, and sent out hundreds of emails and votes a day without accounting for the many others out there who also wanted him back? My site had hundreds of thousands of views, maybe several million. We made Roy's fan demand notable enough to outclass Wolf and match the likes of Lucas. That should say something on its own.

Roy was a priority for DLC in Awakening (only behind Marth) despite Elibe having no attention in nearly a decade since, and despite Roy being cut from Smash years before. He was featured in a lot of official 25th anniversary concert art and merchandise, and he's leading one of the first non-Archanea sets in the Cipher TCG. Only Marth and Ike have as many redesigns as him, and they're fellow faces of the Fire Emblem series. Roy's much more important to FE's history than so many of us know, and he's a face to the series, as much as a lot of us want to give into negativity and bad habits to deny it. It's another thing I could go into.

Competitive rant:
He may not be high on the first official tier list, but he easily has mid or even high potential in competitive play. As a previous Ike main who's taken Ike to many tournaments before Roy's release and kept close watch on all buffs, Roy's definitely more viable than Ike, who is already a solid mid, and mid isn't bad. Roy has better character matchups, stage matchups, and overall potential. Even then, competitive play isn't everything. Smash isn't balanced for it, and Smash is horribly balanced. Competitive players are only a minority of all people who play Smash in the world. We shouldn't be so discouraged and set slippery slopes of pure negativity if we don't see him much in tournaments.

Roy was a DLC veteran, and none of them have proper meta development.
There's a lot of pay-to-win factor in newcomers, and they're all extremely easy to use competitively, plus they're new characters to the series, so they naturally see more development. Giving newcomers better versions of many moves of different characters and toning their attributes up like this was a horrible, horrible idea for balance.
We just have to deal with it.

Characters like Sheik/ZSS/Rosalina and general high-tiers were tried and true in June, and Ike had San/Ryo/Ryuga/Baselarde and several others innovating him since release, who are all amazing players. Ike had buffs on top of that with 1.0.8, and he's easy to play post-buffs. I can see why Ike's so dickridden now, and why more didn't pick up Roy.
Ryu can get away with a lot and has a really strong and easy punish game, so he's easy to utilize. That's why I feel he was pushed more than Roy and Lucas despite being released alongside them.
If Roy were released sooner, or if better players stuck with him or climbed with him to the top, we'd see what this social is always crying for, representation. We simply don't have Roy mains as skilled as the Ike mains listed, and it's a matter of less skilled players rather than a less potent character.

I separated this from the spoiler so that more people would see it, it really needs to be said:

Nobody on these boards seems to have real conviction to win or improve at the game, they just keep bringing up the result barrier and going through the same negativity cycles. They don't make effort to improve or win, they're not honest with themselves and their goals, they let so many things hold them back. They don't place outside of using Roy to begin with, so I don't see why they're so negative about Roy to start.

That's part of what motivates me to continue watching VODs almost daily, asking for critique, rewatching replays, finding better players, getting on Anther's and Discord more, and mentoring a few potent people. I know my character can do it, I know I can someday do it, and I want people here to stop giving up on themselves and one of their favorite characters just because they get directly mocked once or twice over it. If nobody will do it, I'm perfectly fine being the only one.

If more people had a spine and real conviction, maybe they'd get what they want instead of spending hours typing the "woe is me, my character can't do it and always gets hated on ;___;" posts in a repetitive cycle that does nothing for anyone.
Well, they probably think the character's weak from weak behavior of people who play them, and they get away with hate because we're so quick to be doormats to toxicity instead of realize it holds us back to either not fight it (properly) or ignore it.

We don't stand up for our character despite him being an amazing Fire Emblem character and Smash threat, we let people call him a ****ty lord and a bottom 5 in sm4sh despite it all being far from true.
You deserve everything terrible you get until you realize what you need to do for yourselves and your character, until you find the conviction to follow through with it. You will find it when you're truly ready to welcome it.

I'll leave these here for anyone who wants to start doing something for themselves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwcOEYg4DOI (Importance of fundamentals)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV9BSQ7juzw (General improvement)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zJNyrFnsHY (Why you might be stuck)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTXPCgR62_k (Do you want to win? Be honest)
ZeRo's improvement vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ilU9hzxPqQ (very important)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90cmH7taE_Q (important, more insight into the above)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7UXahcwNdM (I was skeptical with the title, but the actual content is good)
NAKAT's vids on growth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHBuY5dsBpk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnG_M6H0UU4

oh yea

insaneintherain is amazing, they did some Fire Emblem covers a while back.

Here's something else recent ^___^

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Interesting enough, Roy's Cipher card comes out on June 23rd, which is a little over a week after his Sm4sh DLC inclusion anniversary, June 14th. Neat stuff. Here's the preview art of one of his cards for anyone who hasn't seen it:

So much power behind it!! Maybe even a preview of things to come outside Cipher. It looks awfully familiar, too....

Left is from the Hasha no Tsurugi manga from a while ago. It's translated online if you look for it, Roy and co. are featured later since it revolves around the heroes the odd weapon names such as Al Sword and Gant Lance were named after.

I wouldn't say he always gets the short end of the stick, or even often. After all, he's one of the very few veterans to return in Smash. Over choices like Snake, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers, Roy made it in over them, and none of them have any chance of returning now.

He even received a full redesign and proper Luigification, and although I'd prefer a declone and have many ideas since he's a much more unique swordfighter than some want to give him credit for, Sakurai does strongly hold to his principals in keeping characters who were previously clone characters somewhat similar, to avoid alienating original players.

In the case of Doc returning before him, that's because Doc was originally planned as just an alt costume. Dr. Mario is.... literally Mario, so it makes sense. Roy's properties differ far too much from Marth and he's always had potential for a full declone, so I can see why he didn't come on 3DS release. They wanted to save something better for him. Even Mewtwo was DLC, too.

Roy is one of the very few Smash-inspired redesigned characters, alongside Link and the Star Fox members, who are pivotal members and mainstays to Smash and Nintendo.

Roy's the only veteran besides Mewtwo to return to the prolific mod Project M, being one of its only two finished additional fighters, and the only veteran to return alongside Pichu in Brawl Minus. Hell, he even had his own trailer when Mewtwo didn't. You can't deny the immense popularity of PM 3.0, try and see how many 2014 PM uploads and discussions you can find.

I heard people a while back saying that Corrin's more popular and well-received than Roy. I can argue why that's far from the case, but for now, I'll just leave these here.

Compare the like/dislike ratio of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8XIj05irtU (Roughly 1 in 69-70 people disliking Roy's addition)
To: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMvgKqMWAlg (1 in 6 people disliking Corrin's addition)

It was miraculous how Roy was always a top 3/5 or mainstay in Smash DLC polls. Corrin was never anywhere near that level of demand, and so many characters weren't either. You remember how we had several major fronts and a website back in support days, and sent out hundreds of emails and votes a day without accounting for the many others out there who also wanted him back? My site had hundreds of thousands of views, maybe several million. We made Roy's fan demand notable enough to outclass Wolf and match the likes of Lucas. That should say something on its own.

Roy was a priority for DLC in Awakening (only behind Marth) despite Elibe having no attention in nearly a decade since, and despite Roy being cut from Smash years before. He was featured in a lot of official 25th anniversary concert art and merchandise, and he's leading one of the first non-Archanea sets in the Cipher TCG. Only Marth and Ike have as many redesigns as him, and they're fellow faces of the Fire Emblem series. Roy's much more important to FE's history than so many of us know, and he's a face to the series, as much as a lot of us want to give into negativity and bad habits to deny it. It's another thing I could go into.

Competitive rant:
He may not be high on the first official tier list, but he easily has mid or even high potential in competitive play. As a previous Ike main who's taken Ike to many tournaments before Roy's release and kept close watch on all buffs, Roy's definitely more viable than Ike, who is already a solid mid, and mid isn't bad. Roy has better character matchups, stage matchups, and overall potential. Even then, competitive play isn't everything. Smash isn't balanced for it, and Smash is horribly balanced. Competitive players are only a minority of all people who play Smash in the world. We shouldn't be so discouraged and set slippery slopes of pure negativity if we don't see him much in tournaments.

Roy was a DLC veteran, and none of them have proper meta development.
There's a lot of pay-to-win factor in newcomers, and they're all extremely easy to use competitively, plus they're new characters to the series, so they naturally see more development. Giving newcomers better versions of many moves of different characters and toning their attributes up like this was a horrible, horrible idea for balance.
We just have to deal with it.

Characters like Sheik/ZSS/Rosalina and general high-tiers were tried and true in June, and Ike had San/Ryo/Ryuga/Baselarde and several others innovating him since release, who are all amazing players. Ike had buffs on top of that with 1.0.8, and he's easy to play post-buffs. I can see why Ike's so dickridden now, and why more didn't pick up Roy.
Ryu can get away with a lot and has a really strong and easy punish game, so he's easy to utilize. That's why I feel he was pushed more than Roy and Lucas despite being released alongside them.
If Roy were released sooner, or if better players stuck with him or climbed with him to the top, we'd see what this social is always crying for, representation. We simply don't have Roy mains as skilled as the Ike mains listed, and it's a matter of less skilled players rather than a less potent character.

I separated this from the spoiler so that more people would see it, it really needs to be said:

Nobody on these boards seems to have real conviction to win or improve at the game, they just keep bringing up the result barrier and going through the same negativity cycles. They don't make effort to improve or win, they're not honest with themselves and their goals, they let so many things hold them back. They don't place outside of using Roy to begin with, so I don't see why they're so negative about Roy to start.

That's part of what motivates me to continue watching VODs almost daily, asking for critique, rewatching replays, finding better players, getting on Anther's and Discord more, and mentoring a few potent people. I know my character can do it, I know I can someday do it, and I want people here to stop giving up on themselves and one of their favorite characters just because they get directly mocked once or twice over it. If nobody will do it, I'm perfectly fine being the only one.

If more people had a spine and real conviction, maybe they'd get what they want instead of spending hours typing the "woe is me, my character can't do it and always gets hated on ;___;" posts in a repetitive cycle that does nothing for anyone.
Well, they probably think the character's weak from weak behavior of people who play them, and they get away with hate because we're so quick to be doormats to toxicity instead of realize it holds us back to either not fight it (properly) or ignore it.

We don't stand up for our character despite him being an amazing Fire Emblem character and Smash threat, we let people call him a ****ty lord and a bottom 5 in sm4sh despite it all being far from true.
You deserve everything terrible you get until you realize what you need to do for yourselves and your character, until you find the conviction to follow through with it. You will find it when you're truly ready to welcome it.

I'll leave these here for anyone who wants to start doing something for themselves:
ZeRo's improvement vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90cmH7taE_Q (important, more insight into the above)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7UXahcwNdM (I was skeptical with the title, but the actual content is good)
NAKAT's vids on growth:

oh yea

insaneintherain is amazing, they did some Fire Emblem covers a while back.

Here's something else recent ^___^

Yeah, you do make some really good points there. I guess I just phrased it the wrong way.

Idc if this is pretty much reposting or double posting, I want to highlight this and get more people to read it, because so many here need it.

ZeRo's improvement vids:
NAKAT's vids on growth:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Idc if this is pretty much reposting or double posting, I want to highlight this and get more people to read it, because so many here need it.
This. I recently realised I was being like that and stopped. We gotta be optimistic and not focus solely on the negatives of our character.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh, June 23rd, that's my birthday. It seems me and T3h Ph1r3 are intertwined.

It's funny, I was originally against the idea of Roy coming back, until I found out he'd been Luigified. Now he's my secondary. Funny how fate works.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Oh, June 23rd, that's my birthday. It seems me and T3h Ph1r3 are intertwined.

It's funny, I was originally against the idea of Roy coming back, until I found out he'd been Luigified. Now he's my secondary. Funny how fate works.
Kinda the opposite here. I always supported Roy's inclusion, and one of the main reasons was because I wanted him Luigified. Not to mention he's my number 1 favorite Smash and FE character.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Kinda the opposite here. I always supported Roy's inclusion, and one of the main reasons was because I wanted him Luigified. Not to mention he's my number 1 favorite Smash and FE character.
I didn't care at all about him in Melee, and nothing changed when I saw the leaks. It wasn't until I heard that he'd been Luigified that I decided to give him a chance. I was ecstatic when I saw that he had a shadow of Ike in him, because at one point I seconded Ike, and I was looking for someone to fill the gap. How ironic that Roy ended up being the first DLC character I bought, and it was $5.99 well spent.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I didn't care at all about him in Melee, and nothing changed when I saw the leaks. It wasn't until I heard that he'd been Luigified that I decided to give him a chance. I was ecstatic when I saw that he had a shadow of Ike in him, because at one point I seconded Ike, and I was looking for someone to fill the gap. How ironic that Roy ended up being the first DLC character I bought, and it was $5.99 well spent.
Well, I've mained Roy since Melee, so yeah.

Serew

Smash Apprentice
>Makes important post
>Social suddenly decides to live and it gets swept away and mostly ignored

DW this happened to most of my posts that were like this too :p it just happens tbh, Well atleast we have some people that want to put effort into Roy :D while it is indeed annoying to see people complain all the time, i don't think we need alot of people to do this.
At this point i just think: If people want to cry and feel bad about the character, i'll just let them. Not gonna bother anymore at that and just focus on those that do want to ^^

Serew

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly shocked that this is a problem.
That you guys were chatting or the people being negative? :o cause it's totally fine with you guys chatting if you thought that, dw lol. And with the people being negative we just have to take a step back. so uh, yeah that's it really XD

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
That you guys were chatting or the people being negative? :o cause it's totally fine with you guys chatting if you thought that, dw lol. And with the people being negative we just have to take a step back. so uh, yeah that's it really XD
The latter. Roy is undeniably a good character, I don't see where the negativity comes from.

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
When the only thread you are following that is live is the Roy SOCIAL forum and not something like any of the guides you have posted on/mains, the entirety of the LM forums, or any other thing I've touched.

GJ.

When the only thread you are following that is live is the Roy SOCIAL forum and not something like any of the guides you have posted on/mains, the entirety of the LM forums, or any other thing I've touched.

GJ.
I get like 1 roy social notification and then it'll stop giving me notifications for 5 pages of posts

smashboards notif coding is so inconsistent and weird

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
I get like 1 roy social notification and then it'll stop giving me notifications for 5 pages of posts

smashboards notif coding is so inconsistent and weird
right after that I got to make a pizza and talk to family

come back and the Mac board explodes for a second with four posts from there in the past 25 minutes

What even is life

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Man I miss the days of the Roy Support thread back in April, May, and June of last year. We would always talk about everything Roy related and we banded together with our support for Roy as we anxiously waited for E3. Good times.

Schnizzle Fits

Smash Cadet
I like what both mods have done with Roy but sadly though with PM ending how it did, PM Roy is in just as bad as a spot Melee Roy is. Brawl - Roy feels a bit sharp in both animations and movement but I'm pretty sure thats getting worked on.

While not the same reasons, PM Roy cannot keep up with bad MUs because hes overly balanced in a Melee aspect not PM. There is no reason to play him because his insanely poor recovery. I switched to Ike because Roy doesn't have that PM jank (and Ike has plenty on it). He's too clean, however he would be a perfect fit for Melee.

So here falls to Smash 4 where he still has potential to be relevant.

Top Bottom