• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Any good secondary character to use alongside Roy?
Sheik is the obvious choice, or Marth can probably work well alongside him, since Roy is still somewhat of a semi-clone
Other than those you're looking at someone to cover weak matchups. I use ZSS myself, though others can work too. It's really personal preference from among the top/high tiers in the end.

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Yeah I'm looking to cover weak match ups. I prefer characters that don't require so much inputs that I end up mashing buttons. I played Fox for a while but his speed and mix ups are just too much for me to keep track of.

@ Chalice Chalice try Luigi.

Don't know if Villager, Olimar, Rosalina, Wario, or R.O.B would cover Roy's MU's perfectly but they don't require many inputs. I'd rank Olimar #1, Rosalina #2, Villager #3, Wario #3.5 since I'm unsure where to put him, and R.O.B #4 on how I think they cover Roy at first glance. We need more Olimars and nobody knows the MU, I'm actually one of those who doesn't know it.

For Luigi? I'd rank him above them all for a secondary role to Roy. Depends who you want to use, I suppose.

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Luigi sounds nice. I'm not that good of a zoner and camper so Villager is out for me.Olimar sounds gimmicky so can you explain Olimar?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ Chalice Chalice If you want to go for a high tier secondary, I'd say experiment to see which ones you like the most, then maybe you could narrow characters down. If you're having a hard time with spammy projectiles users, someone with a reflector/move absorber could work. Fox (though you don't seem that fond of him), Mario, Rosalina, etc.

Mario vs Luigi, which one would be a better secondary?

We need more Olimars and nobody knows the MU, I'm actually one of those who doesn't know it.
I play Nolimar, does that count? :upsidedown:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
@ Chalice Chalice If you want to go for a high tier secondary, I'd say experiment to see which ones you like the most, then maybe you could narrow characters down. If you're having a hard time with spammy projectiles users, someone with a reflector/move absorber could work. Fox (though you don't seem that fond of him), Mario, Rosalina, etc.

Mario vs Luigi, which one would be a better secondary?

I play Nolimar, does that count? :upsidedown:
Thing with Fox for me is that I always feel like I'm playing him wrong. I got some of his basic combos down but I don't seem to mix things up well with him and I find myself dying early a lot.

At the moment I'm mostly Roy and Marth. Due to Marth's ending lag buffs on aerials I have an easier time spacing out against people like Sheik and Luigi. Rosalina match up is covered by Roy due to him being able to kill Luma a lot of course getting in is always a nightmare.

Between Mario and Luigi I'd have to see for myself which one I like better

Luigi sounds nice. I'm not that good of a zoner and camper so Villager is out for me.Olimar sounds gimmicky so can you explain Olimar?
Do nothing but pivot grab and throw pikmin and you essentially wall everyone out.

I don't know too much about Olimar, the Olimar boards might be your best bet.

Between Mario and Luigi for Roy, you're much better off with Luigi since I believe (could be wrong) he's much better at countering the top tiers Roy struggles with and Roy's other bad MU's.

@ Moydow Moydow

I like it

ew leave now
Shhhhh I need more Rosalinas to knock everyone else out and give my Roy that juicy good MU ;)

@ Emblem Lord Emblem Lord I have a thought-out brief analysis on Roy that I'd like to shoot for after work, I'll be thinking it over as much as I can at work and then posting it here. It'll be much better than my previous touch-and-go popping into the thread.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Any good secondary character to use alongside Roy?
I'm more partial to say you could pick up Link - granted he's my main and Roy's been steadily moving up as my secondary. It wouldn't hurt to get really used to a character who has a lot of his game based around zoning, especially if you want to learn how to tear it apart as Roy.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That looks like you're very very likely playing the game with the patch I made all those years ago that I feel kinda embarrassed about now (because so many bugs, and I guess a few things left out [there really wasn't much room to expand in the ROM though #_# and I doubt i'll ever be any better at being an ASM lord lol]).

Although I swore I fixed at least the fighting data overlays and the "char stats"... but I think it's mostly because the last patch I ever released for it got lost to time and space :V All of the files are kinda lost to time too :(

The amount of playthroughs I went through FE5, Lara was always my favourite character to baby because if you got lucky with movement stats and build (she had lower gains but over the course of all the levels with the right scrolls she ends up higher than Rifis in all the right thief stats considerably) she'd be a god.
Ronan was hilarious to try to make work because of his magic gains, lol.

I always like Marita/Mareeta too. Five strike / odo skill thing was something i'd always try to get (required over 15 turns and it was RNG) while still trying to get a high end game ranking on top of it.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
That looks like you're very very likely playing the game with the patch I made all those years ago that I feel kinda embarrassed about now (because so many bugs, and I guess a few things left out [there really wasn't much room to expand in the ROM though #_# and I doubt i'll ever be any better at being an ASM lord lol]).

Although I swore I fixed at least the fighting data overlays and the "char stats"... but I think it's mostly because the last patch I ever released for it got lost to time and space :V All of the files are kinda lost to time too :(

The amount of playthroughs I went through FE5, Lara was always my favourite character to baby because if you got lucky with movement stats and build (she had lower gains but over the course of all the levels with the right scrolls she ends up higher than Rifis in all the right thief stats considerably) she'd be a god.

I always like Marita/Mareeta too. Five strike / odo skill thing was something i'd always try to get (required over 15 turns and it was RNG) while still trying to get a high end game ranking on top of it.
oh really you made that patch? Honestly it's the only English patch I ever found online. It's funny that there is like 3-4 patches I know that I can retrieve for FE4, even mods for the game, but FE5 has like 1 patch. Still makes it way easier then reading each chapter on Serenes

I'm sure you have heard all of the complaints about it by now (I was a bit confused by the soft lock in chapter 24 :awesome:), thanks for the patch though, while it was hard it probably had a lot of my favorite chapter designs in the whole series and lief is my favorite lord despite being really bad. oh then there is this
looks familiar.png

mareeta feels guaranteed to become a good unit she really only needs levels and there are a decent number of scrolls/abilities available by the time you get her, but then again I don't care much for end game rank. Rip trewd

as a fan of thieves Lara probably is one of my favorite units/characters out of most of the series
I didn't go for Ronan, Tanya had the support bonus with probably the best unit in the game
Oddly enough there were so many hammers after a certain point I barely got any mileage out of Xavier/Dalsin. which sucks cause you could always dismount for other units weaknesses

Last edited:

Tysm for that patch! I did multiple playthroughs on it and love the jokes hidden within. My only gripes were the untranslated menus, but those were easy to deal with after a few chapters.

Waaaaaaaaaaaait a sec @ Furret Furret . I see that SSB4 Sonic listed in your mains. Nice try on Rosalina ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

---

@ Emblem Lord Emblem Lord , here are my thoughts on Roy:

He's not some end-all top tier character imo, but he's solid. Where he is on the tier list, I don't exactly know since I'm not knowledgable enough on all characters and not enough with this game is established. So much changes each patch as well. What I do believe is that Roy goes even with or beats many characters, including some who seem to be up there like Rosalina, Luigi, Mario, Pikachu (some say it's bad, I think it's in Roy's favor or even at worst), Falcon, Lucario, and Fox. People may claim Shulk is bad for other swordsmen, but I feel Roy is good at that MU. Roy's MU's are weird and he has uphill battles, but I don't think he has any unwinnables besides maybe Sheik. Maybe I need to play more Sheik or be more knowledgable on that weird MU, I don't know if it's really that bad or if it can be worse than what I suspect. I do feel that nobody in this game goes even with or better against all other characters, even the best of the best, so I don't think it's too big a deal that Roy has some uphill battles.

I feel Roy's best role is a secondary to absolutely tear through a good amount of characters, most notably Rosalina, Luigi, and Pikachu. He can also be a solid main, but a secondary like Sheik or Luigi seems to be too strong of an asset to ignore. Even if he does lose to ZSS/Sheik/Diddy, a character who covers just those and maybe more can still ensure at least 80% or so Roy use. Solo Roy can still do it, though. It'll be uphill, but not too uphill, which is why I think Roy isn't among the absolute best but he can do it. He has a lot going for him. I have more faith in him here than Melee and Project M competitively.

About getting hit hard, I feel that doesn't matter. Rosalina is huge and can't do much to land, and Fox and Falcon are combo food. Ness/Lucas gets gimped super easy and have major blindspots that make them easy to juggle, trap, and pressure. Playing Diddy is moving to gimp central. Top tiers in Melee fall really hard or are at a bad combo weight, like Fox/Falco/Falcon/Sheik, even if that's not as relevant as the sm4sh examples I gave.

Fast fall speed is a tradeoff for some of the best tomahawking ability, being able to act much faster after aerials, being able to land faster, avoiding vertical kills more in a game with vertical kill moves dominating it along with more freedom in using vertical DI, taking advantage of high or even low vertical blastzones since Roy has really nice vertical kill options like utilt/usmash/Blazer on low ceilings and can live for quite a while on high ceilings, and his fall speed makes things like tipped nair even safer on shield. Blazer and how extreme its angling is now circumvents some of the recovery flaws of a fast falling speed and allows you to mix up recoveries better. Besides recovery, the angling really extends punish game, combos, and its use in general. @Gawain has really nice vids with angled Blazer combos.

I figured my thoughts would be a lot more brief, but that's my standpoint on Roy. I don't mind if that's the norm or against the norm, if I'm overrating or underrating him, etc., it probably won't change based on things like that.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Basically unlike the game script, the menus were running using a standardised Japanese text format that required two bytes per character.
The amount of space in the rom around menu parts were like... 2 "characters" max, so it involved me having to pick the most relevant menus to have "translated" by pixel arting the "a i o u e"/etc into like "Hit" [which I would basically make the i apart of the H].

Whatever jokes I made at the time are likely horrendous now, but I was incrementally releasing it a few chapters at a time so common jokes in the scene at the time felt like a must. I probably haven't heard all the complaints (chap 24 bugs though #_#), I basically retired from the community when Brawl came out. The computer I had all the files on blew up. The last patch I released kinda got lost as the site I put it up on died, I can't remember if I had fixed that major bug or not (it likely wouldn't have been a hard fix, would've been a missing "End Dialogue" command).

But yeah, it was apparently not an easy script to translate a lot of the time (it had massive amounts of dialogue compared to others), SNES roms had a maximum size of around 4mb and about 90-95% of it was already taken up (and I took up a lot of the remaining space just to fit in the scripts). It was near a full game. Expanding this meant having to re-create the ROM itself and that would mean people could no longer just use a patch to play it.

All those things considered made it a very special game to me though. I still find it's engine/graphics/style some of the best in the series. A truly challenging game with many different win conditions throughout and major tactical depth (although there was a lil RNG issue where enemies can always hit, even with 0%).

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Basically unlike the game script, the menus were running using a standardised Japanese text format that required two bytes per character.
The amount of space in the rom around menu parts were like... 2 "characters" max, so it involved me having to pick the most relevant menus to have "translated" by pixel arting the "a i o u e"/etc into like "Hit" [which I would basically make the i apart of the H].

Whatever jokes I made at the time are likely horrendous now, but I was incrementally releasing it a few chapters at a time so common jokes in the scene at the time felt like a must. I probably haven't heard all the complaints (chap 24 bugs though #_#), I basically retired from the community when Brawl came out. The computer I had all the files on blew up. The last patch I released kinda got lost as the site I put it up on died, I can't remember if I had fixed that major bug or not (it likely wouldn't have been a hard fix, would've been a missing "End Dialogue" command).

But yeah, it was apparently not an easy script to translate a lot of the time (it had massive amounts of dialogue compared to others), SNES roms had a maximum size of around 4mb and about 90-95% of it was already taken up (and I took up a lot of the remaining space just to fit in the scripts). It was near a full game. Expanding this meant having to re-create the ROM itself and that would mean people could no longer just use a patch to play it.

All those things considered made it a very special game to me though. I still find it's engine/graphics/style some of the best in the series. A truly challenging game with many different win conditions throughout and major tactical depth (although there was a lil RNG issue where enemies can always hit, even with 0%).
I kind of figured there must have been a rather large list of difficulties when translating the game
Script size seems rather obvious, although I think FE4 had a bigger script
I never thought about rom size though

and :awesome: base 1% hit and cap 99% hit
I also read through some of the unused script on serenes. Some scary stuff in there
Ishtar in chapter 18
another boss in Chapter 22
more enemies in chapter 6

one thing always confused about this game though is its release date on the Snes
You kinda think it would have gotten canned before release
Waaaaaaaaaaaait a sec @ Furret Furret . I see that SSB4 Sonic listed in your mains. Nice try on Rosalina ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ya so?
at least he isn't the definition of scraping the bottom of a barrel to find the most irrelevant/unoriginal/boring/emotionless character to be in a smash brothers game, Then made to be so slow boring and tedious to play against where one grab can equate to a stock loss cause haha low ceiling.

Ya I've hated rosalina a long time before her inception in smash
most of her mains feel like they fall under a stereotype too (super defensive with disillusion about the character because of bias)
I'm like an O.H.

ya so?
at least he isn't the definition of scraping the bottom of a barrel to find the most irrelevant/unoriginal/boring/emotionless character to be in a smash brothers game, Then made to be so slow boring and tedious to play against where one grab can equate to a stock loss cause haha low ceiling.

Ya I've hated rosalina a long time before her inception in smash
most of her mains feel like they fall under a stereotype too (super defensive with disillusion about the character because of bias)
I'm like an O.H.
I'd honestly feel the same if Hector got in Smash over Roy/Eliwood or even over Lyndis at any point, or if Ephraim got in.

Awakening is oversaturated in Smash but I'd honestly take Chrom as DLC over Hector/Ephraim at this point.

I would silently pray that Hector's bad movement and speed would transfer to Sm4sh to give him the level of slow Melee/Brawl Bowser had to give him any level of uniqueness, and that he'd be the worst in the game with Ganon or Ike as a straight upgrade to him. If a tipper mechanic that seems like a must for any lance user can't save Marth here, gg's Ephraim.

FE5 is probably the last Super Famicom Game
It is

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I'd honestly feel the same if Hector got in Smash over Roy/Eliwood or even over Lyndis at any point, or if Ephraim got in.

Awakening is oversaturated in Smash but I'd honestly take Chrom as DLC over Hector/Ephraim at this point.

I would silently pray that Hector's bad movement and speed would transfer to Sm4sh to give him the level of slow Melee/Brawl Bowser had to give him any level of uniqueness, and that he'd be the worst in the game with Ganon or Ike as a straight upgrade to him. If a tipper mechanic that seems like a must for any lance user can't save Marth here, gg's Ephraim.

It is
Hector could feel it basically as a heavier Ike xD (Ike already has a weird style to use his sword that looks like Axe's attacks).

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

I see no need for the GBA lords at the time being unless they are just alts like the koopa kids
which I find to be a shame they wont do it that way

we need to be done with awakening content. I feel every time there is anything to do with the series 1/11/13 seem to take the bulk of what is present. and it feels like this for almost anything new they release related to the series.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I'd rather Eliwood get in Smash over anyone else at this point tbh.
Because he's Roy's dad.
And there's no such thing as too much Roy or Roy-related content.
oh yeah, and he's an alright character too i guess.

Troykv

Smash Master
I see no need for the GBA lords at the time being unless they are just alts like the koopa kids

we need to be done with awakening content. I feel every time there is anything to do with the series 1/11/13 seem to take the bulk of what is present. and it feels like this for almost anything new they release related to the series.

Everything new since FE11 is Marth related D:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman

Yeah I agree, IS needs to stop with the timeline they're currently using. There's so many different continents and timelines that can be developed more, but they just keep on going with Marth's. I would enjoy seeing more games from Eirika/Ephriam's timeline personally. Or more Elibe because I freaking love that timeline and I want MORE

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Yeah I agree, IS needs to stop with the timeline they're currently using. There's so many different continents and timelines that can be developed more, but they just keep on going with Marth's. I would enjoy seeing more games from Eirika/Ephriam's timeline personally. Or more Elibe because I freaking love that timeline and I want MORE
it's not even a timeline thing for me, maybe it would be if they used tiki's terrible awakening design. I rather enjoy new continents though, it's nice to see things stay fresh.
359.jpg

does anyone know the name of the continent FE14 is on?

Last edited:

Agreed, it's dumb that even 3's Book 2 and 12 are left out.

I don't like how they milked Marth's legacy hard immediately after two remakes in a world where Marth would roll in his grave if he saw it (his ideals and some of Valencia's fundamentals and teachings were trashed in ways that made no sense), recycled characters from Awakening as the only throwback characters in Fates (characters from one game ago that aren't really important to the series), and then made Illusory Revelations the prime example of FE1/11/13 being the only Fire Emblems. Oh yeah, the TCG and DLC for Fates heavily implied this as well, and still seem to do so.

I was hoping Fates would circumvent this, the Awakening recycles hurt that but I'm just excited for everything else in store since those characters are just a small part of the game unlike Illusory's deal.

It feels weird seeing the Awakening font for "Fire Emblem" slapped on everything. B.K shared Awakening music and the Awakening font for FE after Chrom in the Mii trailer. What's happening now doesn't feel right, but I just need to wait it out and hope for the best. I'm just glad B.K got a costume, Ike got a slick new Fates portrait and was featured in Codename S.T.E.A.M, Roy's amiibo is on the way, and how non FE1/11/13 stuff was advertised heavily for concert promotions.
With Roy getting in Smash with FE6 and 7 palettes, palettes for 3/4/5/7/9/10 plus Ike returning before Roy, and B.K's Mii outfit, it honestly feels like Sakurai is a bigger Fire Emblem fan than Intelligent Systems :laugh:

For GBA lords, it would be nice to see koopa kid-esque DLC.

I only saw Roy happening as a full fighter because of how popular he was specificially as a veteran, things he had going for him in the past like how Sakurai saw potential in Jun Fukuyama for his voice (before Jun blew up and became so big) and how he personified Roy's inexperience as a swordsman even as a clone, how Roy had previous concepts and ideas for Smash to go off of, how well he filled a role and a few niches despite being a clone, how well FE6 sold and reviewed as a Fire Emblem, how Roy was a special piece of Smash history by being the only character put in before their game (and remains so), how Roy was there immediately after Shozou Kaga and his team peaced out, how he was Elibe's most important and successful hero, surpassing Lyn/Eliwood/Hector and even Hartmut in accomplishments and importance, how he represented the only unrepped system in FE history and the only unrepped big international continent, how a prequel that became our first overseas title built off FE6 to truly form Elibe, Marth and Roy being huge in using western interest to bring FE overseas, and with Roy's poll results always being relatively high. He dwarfed almost all FE polls. No other GBA character (or even FE character not in Smash) is likely to have that rich of a legacy or popularity, and Roy was a pretty tough squeeze to get in so I'm not sure if we'll even get another FE fighter. Any other GBA fighter would simply oversaturate the system, oversaturate Elibe, or give attention to Magvel which doesn't have any real importance/significance to the series and hasn't earned it. FE6 and 7 at least had their own claims to fame for the series. We have four characters plus some oddball extra I'm not sure if I'd call a 5th or not, there's too much to catch up on first for other series and it was hard enough getting Roy.

Throw some lords on each lord as alts though, because yo dawg, I heard FE fans like lords.

I can honestly see Eliwood and Seliph on Marth, Leif on Roy, Alm and Hector on Ike, Celica and some unmounted Master Knight Leif deal on Robin, and Eirika on Lucina. That's just from a quick glance.

I'd take more Mii costumes for classic FE characters, too.

I'd rather Eliwood get in Smash over anyone else at this point tbh.
Because he's Roy's dad.
And there's no such thing as too much Roy or Roy-related content.
oh yeah, and he's an alright character too i guess.
Mah boy. I'm not really for Eliwood getting in as a full fighter despite him remaining my #1 favorite FE character since 2010, but I was extremely happy that he received a palette on Roy, my favorite Smash fighter. Not just a palette, one from his FE7 prime. Hoping for a Mii outfit, but I'm already overjoyed with what I got.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

I don't like how they milked Marth's legacy hard immediately after two remakes in a world where Marth would roll in his grave if he saw it (his ideals and some of Valencia's fundamentals and teachings were trashed in ways that made no sense), recycled characters from Awakening as the only throwback characters in Fates (characters from one game ago that aren't really important to the series), and then made Illusory Revelations the prime example of FE1/11/13 being the only Fire Emblems. Oh yeah, the TCG and DLC for Fates heavily implied this as well, and still seem to do so.

I was hoping Fates would circumvent this, the Awakening recycles hurt that but I'm just excited for everything else in store since those characters are just a small part of the game unlike Illusory's deal.

It feels weird seeing the Awakening font for "Fire Emblem" slapped on everything. B.K shared Awakening music and the Awakening font for FE after Chrom in the Mii trailer. What's happening now doesn't feel right, but I just need to wait it out and hope for the best. I'm just glad B.K got a costume, Ike got a slick new Fates portrait and was featured in Codename S.T.E.A.M, Roy's amiibo is on the way, and how non FE1/11/13 stuff was advertised heavily for concert promotions.
With Roy getting in Smash with FE6 and 7 palettes, palettes for 3/4/5/7/9/10 plus Ike returning before Roy, and B.K's Mii outfit, it honestly feels like Sakurai is a bigger Fire Emblem fan than Intelligent Systems :laugh:

I only saw Roy happening as a full fighter because of how popular he was specificially as a veteran, things he had going for him in the past like how Sakurai saw potential in Jun Fukuyama for his voice (before Jun blew up and became so big) and how he personified Roy's inexperience as a swordsman even as a clone, how Roy had previous concepts and ideas for Smash to go off of, how well he filled a role and a few niches despite being a clone, how well FE6 sold and reviewed as a Fire Emblem, how Roy was a special piece of Smash history by being the only character put in before their game (and remains so), how Roy was there immediately after Shozou Kaga and his team peaced out, how he was Elibe's most important and successful hero, surpassing Lyn/Eliwood/Hector and even Hartmut in accomplishments and importance, how he represented the only unrepped system in FE history and the only unrepped big international continent, how a prequel that became our first overseas title built off FE6 to truly form Elibe, Marth and Roy being huge in using western interest to bring FE overseas, and with Roy's poll results always being relatively high. He dwarfed almost all FE polls. No other GBA character (or even FE character not in Smash) is likely to have that rich of a legacy or popularity, and Roy was a pretty tough squeeze to get in so I'm not sure if we'll even get another FE fighter. Any other GBA fighter would simply oversaturate the system, oversaturate Elibe, or give attention to Magvel which doesn't have any real importance/significance to the series and hasn't earned it. FE6 and 7 at least had their own claims to fame for the series. We have four characters plus some oddball extra I'm not sure if I'd call a 5th or not, there's too much to catch up on first for other series and it was hard enough getting Roy.

Throw some lords on each lord as alts though, because yo dawg, I heard FE fans like lords.

I can honestly see Eliwood and Seliph on Marth, Leif on Roy, Alm and Hector on Ike, Celica and some unmounted Master Knight Leif deal on Robin, and Eirika on Lucina. That's just from a quick glance.

Mah boy. I'm not really for Eliwood getting in as a full fighter despite him remaining my #1 favorite FE character since 2010, but I was extremely happy that he received a palette on Roy, my favorite Smash fighter. Not just a palette, one from his FE7 prime. Hoping for a Mii outfit, but I'm already overjoyed with what I got.
Roy is a big deal in both Smash Bros and Fire Emblem (specially the latter because he helps his series to get more recognition, I think that deserves complete be a Smash Bros Character).

About Lucina... she is a complete filler in this game... Considered her the 5th character is only because she "stole" a space in the CSS... everything else about her was so easy to do... only they need to do the taunts, victory poses, trophys and some random fixes (the minor hitbox and the sword damage).

Would be cool see more characters as Mii Costumes... But well... Pretty much everyone would be a Mii Swordfighter xD

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

well not fully true, I just love this gif

anyways as far as the dominance of a few games in the series I feel like it should be pointed out that the 25th anniversary concert had a rather impressive balance of tracks from the series.
Music Program:
  • Main Theme
    • Fire Emblem Main Theme
  • He Who Succeeds the Light 
    • Strife of Agustria
    • Eldigan the Lionheart
    • The Final Holy War
    • Ending Ballad
  • Hero-King 
    • Shadow Dragon and Blade of Light Story Medley
    • Gaiden Story Medley
    • Legend of the Divine Dragon
    • He Who Carves a New History
  • Manaketes and Sacred Stones 
    • The Binding Blade, Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones Battle Medley
    • Suspicious -The Theme of the Three Dragon Generals-
    • Winds Across the Plains
    • Treasured Memories
  • Radiance and Awakening 
    • Life Returns
    • Eternal Bond
    • You may call me Marth.
    • “Id” Medley
The memorabilia (wow that is hard to spell), had a different tone though. as most of it was 1/13/14, if my memory serves me right

Oh and Sakurai is a major fire emblem fan.
He's played all the games in the series and has apparently beaten all three routes on fates already along with leading a discussion on favorite characters with some of the voice actors for fates at the 25th anniversary concert
43685276_p0.jpg

45564401_p3_master1200.jpg

18934045_p12_master1200.jpg

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wow, how

I just wanted an excuse to post this

I think it was Chrono who brought up the fact that in one pic Sakurai even looks like Nabarl a bit lmao

Except with shorter hair.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Wow, how

I just wanted an excuse to post this

I think it was Chrono who brought up the fact that in one pic Sakurai even looks like Nabarl a bit lmao

Except with shorter hair.
49438306_p15_master1200.jpg

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I came across this video that's pretty informative in general, so I thought I'd post it:

Sometimes we can't tech those.

So to get things straight, in order to ensure the opponent can't wall tech (using Bair or whatever move), the opponent has to be very close/touching the wall? Does anyone know if the same thing happens in Brawl and Melee? I haven't even looked into stuff like this until now.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
wut, since when did Eliwood get a palette.
Realistically though, I'm expecting any new FE character to be from a recent game...which is sad for me tbh because I felt the series has been ruined since Awakening imo. But eh, I guess Kamui doesn't look too bad so there's that.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I came across this video that's pretty informative in general, so I thought I'd post it:

Sometimes we can't tech those.

So to get things straight, in order to ensure the opponent can't wall tech (using Bair or whatever move), the opponent has to be very close/touching the wall? Does anyone know if the same thing happens in Brawl and Melee? I haven't even looked into stuff like this until now.
no it doesn't happen in melee.
I've seen someone tech a ganon utilt next to the edge.

wut, since when did Eliwood get a palette.
Realistically though, I'm expecting any new FE character to be from a recent game...which is sad for me tbh because I felt the series has been ruined since Awakening imo. But eh, I guess Kamui doesn't look too bad so there's that.
Roy's 5th palette swap (blue cape, cyan shoulderpads, red and gold headband, white pants) is for FE7 Eliwood.

I heard Kamui is dull as ****, unfortunately. That there was a lot of wasted potential for what a dark prince could be, that they're boring and their personality doesn't fit their role. That Robin was much better. I'll have to wait until Fates comes overseas to see for myself.

I don't see any chances for Kamui or any new character, either. I feel Robin and Lucina will fill everything needed with modern FE for a really long time. Out of the DLC we have left, I just don't see more FE. If DLC ends up being something through 2017 or 2018 and surprises us all, maybe. It was hard enough getting Roy, so I'm really skeptical on pretty much any ideas of future FE characters or DLC.

Ylisse, which for all intents and purposes is Archenea (Akaneia) after 100 years.
iirc it's 1000 or 2000 years after Marth, I forgot which.

I like watching shofu scream at his game. I'm gonna see what I missed in the past few weeks, he's going through tournament mode with characters now.

@ Chalice Chalice , I've been thinking a bit on how anti-meta Kirby is. He seems to cover Sheik, ZSS, and maybe Diddy, and is annoying for some others. I'm thinking him or Luigi might be the best bet on a Roy secondary.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'll have you know that I main :4sheik: and my secondary is :4sheik:. Works out pretty well. :awesome:

Top Bottom