• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy/Mewtwo could REALLY HAPPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Ok, I've seen threads with people texture hacking brawl, they made pikachu look like a crazy poke zebra, now, get this. If Pika's texture can be changed so can anyones, that includs Marth and Luacario.

step 1 - Replace Marth's textures/weapons with all of roys
step 2 - use the Usb gecko to modify the hell out of marth's move set and recreate roy's
step 3 - Play as roy...Sounds simply huh? this same process can be repeated for whatever character.

Want altiair from assassin's creed? I would suggest hacking falcon's texture and move set.

seriously, with this process the possibilities are endless, even if it is a hard process that requires a burned dvd of brawl.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
The fact that Smashers care about Roy and Mewtwo after they're cut is asinine in my opinion. Especially since people were dumb enough to follow a tier list as if it was literally God.

Also wouldn't have to include changing every time the word 'Marth' shows up into "Roy?"

And let's not forget, you're kicking butt as Roy, the crowd still chants Marth though. =/

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This is ********. And will never be used as tourney standard. Both of them were bad, by the way.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
In order to make Marth into Roy, you'd need access to a high-spec computer, 3D modeller and animator, dual-layered DVD burner and the same type of compression program that they used. And if you have access to all of those things, you might as well make your own game.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I think the simplest thing I can say is:

You should be getting over the fact that they aren't in Brawl at this point in time.

:026:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
If you want to be creative, fine, but I wouldn't go advertising the thread like this - it makes it look like you're still hoping for DLC, these characters, or something.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
My bad, I guess I missed the part of his post where he suggested it to be used in tournaments. In fact, I must've missed the word tournament altogether.
What's the point talking about this on a competitive oriented site then?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What's the point talking about this on a competitive oriented site then?
Competitive oriented maybe, but not everything on the site has to revolve around competitive play, that is what the tactical discussion is for.

Also, not everyone on the site (Myself not included) is a competitive smasher. Therefore, not everyone relates every single topic that comes up to how it will affect competitive play.

However, these people do come to talk about smash, and various things involving the smash games. This is one of them, and this is a very small beacon of hope to those who wated Mewtwo or Roy instead of Marth or Lucario. Very, very difficult, but possible to pull off.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be easier just to cut things out, like Multi-Man Brawl, then modify the character's files on a computer and burn it on the dvd that has brawl burned on it? Sounds difficult, and probally is, but at least then we wouldn't have to edit the hell out of Marth to make him Roy....

~rh

Smash Lord
Do people really want Roy that bad that they'll hack him onto the dvd manually and mod their Wiis?

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
You people have all forgotten that Daisy, Dixie Kong, Blood Falcon, and Claus are already programmed into Brawl....

I didn't even need a texture hack to discover that.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I've seen threads with people texture hacking brawl, they made pikachu look like a crazy poke zebra, now, get this. If Pika's texture can be changed so can anyones, that includs Marth and Luacario.

step 1 - Replace Marth's textures/weapons with all of roys
step 2 - use the Usb gecko to modify the hell out of marth's move set and recreate roy's
step 3 - Play as roy...Sounds simply huh? this same process can be repeated for whatever character.

Want altiair from assassin's creed? I would suggest hacking falcon's texture and move set.

seriously, with this process the possibilities are endless, even if it is a hard process that requires a burned dvd of brawl.
Uh..if I'm not mistaken those are just side effects of a moveswapping code (check brawl moveswap on youtube for more details) that is, the game is attempting to compensate for the size difference...as far as I know there are no mods or custom add-ons for brawl. Adding new content into the game is quite a bit more complex than tinkering with what's already there. I guess it might be possible, but I don't think you'd find anyone willing to put in the time to do this.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
goodness this is flipping crazy! Just accept the fact that Roy and Mewtwo arent in brawl, dont waist time hacking, and forget it...

besides, this'll be banned in tournament play...

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Uhh... do you guys know what texture hacking is? Some of these comments imply that you don't.

It's replacing the pictures drawn on top of a character's 3d model. He's saying that with texture hacking, fans of a character can effectively make alt-costumes that look like that character. You can make sonic look kinda like shadow (not that i like shadow), you can make capt falcon look like blood falcon, you can make samus look kinda like megaman, and so on.

You could even do simple things like make a different color scheme. I wouldn't mind a red/black scheme for lucario.

It's fun, and I personally think it's awesome.

I need to look into this and see how it's done. I'd happily spend hours making marth look like he has makeup on, or slapping a >=( face on G&W

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I'd never waste hours of my life trying to create alternate skins... But if someone could turn Toon Link into Tom Nook from Animal Crossing and upload it, you can bet I'd be the first to download it.

J18

Smash Journeyman
The fact that Smashers care about Roy and Mewtwo after they're cut is asinine in my opinion. Especially since people were dumb enough to follow a tier list as if it was literally God.

Also wouldn't have to include changing every time the word 'Marth' shows up into "Roy?"

And let's not forget, you're kicking butt as Roy, the crowd still chants Marth though. =/
hehe.
he said asinine.

Ørion

Smash Ace
wow...I'm guessing most people here have absolutely no clue how hard it would be to modify something's texture to this extent. You would need access to and knowledge of 3Ds Max, Maya, or at the very least Blender and know exactly how to replace the texture file in all the right places.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
in the end the models would still probably look poorly done and whatnot. I dont actually down the idea( who doesn't want Shadow, Mettwo, Roy, Doctor Mario, etc?) but there'd dstill be hurdles to cross.

The crowd would cheer "Marth" when you play as "Roy"

The movesets would be the same

Voice acting, of course, would be missing.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Roy, Dixie Kong, Plusle and Minun, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik were all characters that are programmed into the game.

Instead of taking and extensive amount of time to program them in, couldn't we just dig them out of the game code?

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
Actually it IS possible to change audio as well. I've seen things like this done for the PS2 Dragonball Z: Budokai games. Models, Voices, Skins, New title screens (as far as those games went that is) and even adding in characters. As long as you know what your doing that kind of stuff IS possible. But stuff like that for Brawl might take a while so who knows how the future would go for the game. Hell those Budokai games have been out for years and stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdvCIcuopXw is possible. Though, they say on their forums that modeling IS possible for them to do. But from that i've mostly just seen skins and swapping models and giving them different (already available) animations and such. They also are trying to work on the Tenkaichi games as well (even making maps for them possibly).

Hopefully within a few more months/years of this game being out we can be doing stuff like this as well.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i think the question is who wants shadow?

the emo hedgehog who pretty much tore the sonic series with guns.

BUT on topic, this won't happen. nobody will do this with a respectable character that will work.

People who think this will happen are dreaming.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Roy, Dixie Kong, Plusle and Minun, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik were all characters that are programmed into the game.

Instead of taking and extensive amount of time to program them in, couldn't we just dig them out of the game code?
the forbidden 7 dont have enough code to find characters with proper models, audio, and animation. Plus they amy not have attacks programmed.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
couldn't you then just use the trophy model? They should have enough texture...

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Please! Someone, anyone! I NEED ROY NOW! I am dying for Roy. Roy is so powerful. And he my favorite char and he's cool, lol.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
It sounds like a waste of time to me. The end product wouldn't feel enough like the target character because of all the limitations, like voice work, crowd chants, "this game's winner is... marth/lucario!", movesets, final smashes, etc.

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo=Heck yes we need him
Roy=We already have Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom