• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Ryu Sound Files Found

Are you excited for these characters?

• Yes

Votes: 823 72.9%
  • No

Votes: 306 27.1%

• Total voters

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Now the main question is will the dev team for Smash have enough time to revamp Roy's Moveset? Considering that Roy hasn't even officially been announced, I would say so. At this rate, I would be surprised if Roy wasn't drastically different from Marth/Lucina.
He wouldn't have to have all his moves changed. If they only changed like 2/5ths or 3/5ths of his moveset that would be fine. Like they can give his Flare Blade a revamped animation from FE6 and give him an entirely new side B (I thought of an idea where he would charge and shoot fireballs from his sword).

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Pretty sure this isn't happening. Sakurai said he didn't want any other fighting game characters in Smash.
Sakurai changes his mind all the time. Villager, Mii, Chrom supposedly, Lucina and Dr. Mario and Dark Pit being promoted to characters (at first being alts), directing Brawl and Sm4sh..

The list goes on.

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone confirmed or deconfirmed this besides the Cutting Room Floor as of now? Usually this is the kind of stuff people will easily uncover through data mining as well but it seems like this has been pretty low priority in terms of analysis.

(This statement may be a bit biased in case I sounded a bit bold, but I am honestly wondering if anyone else has found this data in the game by now.)

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
**** YEAH! MY BOY!

And Ryu too? These two additions would undoubtedly make Smash 4 the greatest fighter of all time.

Roy may well get Luigified/Falconated, but if Marth's kit was the one they chose to be this games Shoto I wouldn't even have a problem with it. Reworking Roy's old design while keeping him true to melee could be sweet. Maybe low knockback, low damage, and high hit stun on tippers with powerful kill power closer to the hilt?

Ryu's inclusion would send the amount of character play styles in smash even farther off the charts and he definitely deserves it. I am confident that Ryu could feel very much like Ryu while still working in Smash 4, similar to the way he was flawlessly ported to Marvel and other fighters.

Hoping to Jesus that this is true.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Was any of the characters included before in need of a moveset change though? They weren't, this is something i've been stressing endlessly as of late.

Doc, Lucina, and DP got in because they were originally intended to be alts so them playing the same as their originators is expected. Mewtwo and Lucas have no reason to change up their moveset. Roy is in need to have some of his moves either revamped or changed and this is reflected by the fanbase's requests.
I get what you're saying and I want a new moveset for Roy too. But we're talking about the man who never changed Ganondorf's moveset when he needed one but instead reworked Dedede and Zero Suit. Sakurai has very strange logic.

Marth, Roy, and Lucina will probably be the next Mario, Luigi, and Doc in terms of clone relationships. Roy is less of a clone to Marth than Lucina is anyway. Roy plays much differently and if they kept his standard B (the slashing strike that he and Marth used to share) then he's already been "Luigified" for the lack of a better term.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Don't know what to think about Roy after they made Lucina and Marth terrible characters. If Capcom wanted to add more characters why didn't they made this game Capcom VS Nintendo?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
**** YEAH! MY BOY!

And Ryu too? These two additions would undoubtedly make Smash 4 the greatest fighter of all time.

Roy may well get Luigified/Falconated, but if Marth's kit was the one they chose to be this games Shoto I wouldn't even have a problem with it. Reworking Roy's old design while keeping him true to melee could be sweet. Maybe low knockback, low damage, and high hit stun on tippers with powerful kill power closer to the hilt?

Ryu's inclusion would send the amount of character play styles in smash even farther off the charts and he definitely deserves it. I am confident that Ryu could feel very much like Ryu while still working in Smash 4, similar to the way he was flawlessly ported to Marvel and other fighters.

Hoping to Jesus that this is true.
I totally see Roy getting the Ganondorf/Luigi treatment, Nintendo knows that the fanbase doesn't like clones and they have enough development time to make 20 new unique movesets.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
1. Sakurai isn't even developing Smash 4 anymore.
2. He said there would not be another balance patch, and there was.
3. He said he wouldn't direct Brawl or Smash 4, but he did.
4. He said the roster was final and decided at the start of the game's development, and he even admitted that characters were cut and added mid-development.

(And Little Mac is from a fighting game if he counts.)

Sakurai is nothing now.
5. Villager will never be in a smash game
6. They are not working on any DLC characters past mewtwo, they will test to see his sales before considering more DLC.
7. He wouldn't develop characters from a fighting game because their moves would be boring (little mac, from a fighting game, literally just punches.)

Last edited:

Nuclearkitty

Smash Cadet
I'm also gonna call fake, what's stopping me from taking *Example* The Legend of Zelda theme and changing the file name to make it sound like it's from the game and have it say "Skull Kid" or Something

LLDL

Smash Hero
I don't understand how this is still marked as rumor. Are the sound files legit or not? Can someone confirm that they also can find the same files? If it is, then I'm hyped, best possible thing that can happen for this game for obvious reasons.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
5. Villager will never be in a smash game
6. They are not working on any DLC characters past mewtwo, they will test to see his sales before considering more DLC.
7. He wouldn't develop characters from a fighting game because their moves would be boring (little mac, from a fighting game, literally just punches.)
I'm pretty sure Iwata said that Villager quote regarding Brawl, not Sakurai.

But yeah, Sakurai lies, his words aren't credible anymore.

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand how this is still marked as rumor. Are the sound files legit or not? Can someone confirm that they also can find the same files? If it is, then I'm hyped, best possible thing that can happen for this game for obvious reasons.
I know right? This is taking a bit for it to be confirmed or not. All I have seen is as of recently the Cutting Room Floor adding a section for the "found" Kirby Music as well as the SF2 soundtrack still being on the section. (But I will be patient because I know that this process is most likely harder then it I give it for.)

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
Marth, Roy, and Lucina will probably be the next Mario, Luigi, and Doc in terms of clone relationships. Roy is less of a clone to Marth than Lucina is anyway. Roy plays much differently and if they kept his standard B (the slashing strike that he and Marth used to share) then he's already been "Luigified" for the lack of a better term.
Let's not forget that marth is the pure swordsman like mario is the pure brawler. If there are clones it makes sense for these characters to have them because they best represent the archetype. With that said it makes sense for pit too because he is a balanced hybrid of the three, and there still may be hope for wolf as the second fox/gunner clone.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I get what you're saying and I want a new moveset for Roy too. But we're talking about the man who never changed Ganondorf's moveset when he needed one but instead reworked Dedede and Zero Suit. Sakurai has very strange logic.

Yeah lol. That's what I meant by that.

I use the Mario/Doc/Luigi analogy for this case. Marth is the originator, Lucina is the near identical clone, and Roy is almost completely unique from his originator albeit a couple of moves that he would retain from Marth. Personally, I would rather see the overhead swing he did in FE6 as his revamped neutral B instead of the shoulder charge neutral B from Melee. It would look a lot more hype IMO.

I guess people were fond with Ganondorf being a Falcon clone (or at least a semi-clone). A lot of his moves from the canon games wouldn't really work well in a Smash environment and him with a sword is just meh I guess. I like him as a Falcon semi-clone personally.

With that said it makes sense for pit too because he is a balanced hybrid of the three, and there still may be hope for wolf as the second fox/gunner clone.
IDK what people's problem with Wolf is. He's hardly anything like Fox.

Last edited:

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Getting a Street Fighter character in a game like Smash Bros. is absolutely crazy and weird.

Roy? Ugh! I can only see meleefags, PMfags and diehard FE fanboys excited for this. I already hate Marth since Melee, and knowing he spawned a clone in Smash 4 was outright frustrating (but I am somewhat relieved, since both Marth and Lucina are bad in this game), I don't want another clone or semi-clone, screw Roy and also screw Wolf, I want a newcomer from a rookie series in Smash. One of the major reasons I love the Smash4's newcomers is because there are many from rookie series (Mega Man, Wii Fit, Punch-Out, Pac-Man, Xenoblade, Duck Hunt).

tl;dr

I prefer Ryu because he is completely new, over anything Marth-related because I hate Marth.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Mega Man is a rookie series? Wow, you learn something everyday I guess... :upsidedown:

Also, you might want to reconsider what your saying because characters like Roy and Wolf were basically dominating the DLC polls in Japan and have strong followings in the West. You might think otherwise but the majority of fans would love to see these kind of characters back. Besides, your acting as if theirs going to be no newcomers when Ryu, K. Rool, and Isaac have a strong chance of getting in the game.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Oh, then it was crediar only (between you two)?
Actually 5 people.
Crediar is one of the people that have confirmed it. He has posted the files on his site. ScriesM (hope I didn't mess up that name) from Omega and Alpha data mining / hacking fame has also posted the files. Then you have two people on tcrf and the OP all claiming the files are there.

So, the files are true. Too many people have found them for this to be a fake.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Actually 5 people.
Crediar is one of the people that have confirmed it. He has posted the files on his site. ScriesM (hope I didn't mess up that name) from Omega and Alpha data mining / hacking fame has also posted the files. Then you have two people on tcrf and the OP all claiming the files are there.

So, the files are true. Too many people have found them for this to be a fake.
Alright, thanks for the information and sorry for the misunderstanding! :)

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Can't wait for another lame Marth clone!

Can't wait for two more anime-esque characters in the game!!

Yay!!!!

I miss the day when those kind of characters were the exception in Smash. The series is almost becoming one of those anime fighters at this point. When it comes to third party characters, people ask for Bomberman, Banjo & Kazooie, Simon Belmont, etc and what Sakurai gives us? ****ing Ryu.

Of course it could be all fake, but still. Knowing Sakurai, it is likely real.
Blame the creators of such characters and their fans, not Sakurai.

Specially because THERE IS ONLY ONE WESTERN CHARACTER IN THE ROSTER! Diddy Kong, he was created at Rareware. So, seeing Smash full of japanese-styled character is not an issue for me.

Also, what are these "anime-esque" characters? Fire Emblem (4)? Kid Icarus (3)? Xenoblade (1)?, they are still the minority in a 51-character roster, your rant is invalid. These characters are miles easier to join the game since they are Nintendo-owned IPs, you can suggest whatever the third-party character you like, but they will never take priority over a Nintendo character.

Crispy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
OatmeaiCrisp
3DS FC
3754-6658-5495
1. Sakurai isn't even developing Smash 4 anymore.
2. He said there would not be another balance patch, and there was.
3. He said he wouldn't direct Brawl or Smash 4, but he did.
4. He said the roster was final and decided at the start of the game's development, and he even admitted that characters were cut and added mid-development.

(And Little Mac is from a fighting game if he counts.)

Sakurai is nothing now.
Yeah, that's very true. Some valid points you've brought up.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Well, I didn't read all the posts, but it seems like several people are annoyed that Roy is in the game.

Even though it's obvious that :4roy: just switched to Fire Emblem.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
I found them and have said it like 5 times now. Everyone ignores me...

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
faaake. or atleast i hope so. i do not want to see a generic overused character like ryu get shoehorned into something else over characters that have never been in a fighting game before, thats just gross.

Mad Zephyr XXVII

Smash Rookie
I don't want his Shoryuken + FADC + Metsu Hadoken jazz in my Smash game.

I'd be glad if Banjo & Kazooie gain a spot or the long awaited Geno, but Ryu is honestly nothing to be thrilled for since he is already a major character in a major fighting Capcom game. I want characters that will catch my interest and curiosity, especially if they have never been in a fighting game such as Smash.

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
I'd be glad if Banjo & Kazooie gain a spot or the long awaited Geno, but Ryu is honestly nothing to be thrilled for since he is already a major character in a major fighting Capcom game. I want characters that will catch my interest and curiosity, especially if they have never been in a fighting game such as Smash.
If I could have Banjo Kazooie and Geno over Roy and Ryu? ...I'd probably take it honestly. But if this turns out to be true it should still be seen as a major victory. Ryu would most definitely be unlike any other character in Smash if that's what your hoping for.

And we could always just continue supporting the game to the point where they feel more dlc will make them more money too.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I'd love to have Ryu, but Roy is a no-no. We already have a bad Marth clone :4lucina:, why bring back another one? Capcom's already repped by Mega Man though and I find that "evidence" rather hard to believe on both of them.

Crispy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
OatmeaiCrisp
3DS FC
3754-6658-5495
I'd love to have Ryu, but Roy is a no-no. We already have a bad Marth clone :4lucina:, why bring back another one? Capcom's already repped by Mega Man though and I find that "evidence" rather hard to believe on both of them.
I agree. Ryu could add a cool dynamic, but Roy is too much. I have no problem with clones (yay free characters!) but like damn. You feel? Yeah.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
Couldn't care less about Roy, Marths move set is dull and boring for me. So having ANOTHER copy of Marth just isn't my cup of tea. But if his move set is dramatically changed then I have no problems.
As for Ryu, again I'm not bothered because I'm not a fan of Streetfighter. But I welcome him more than Roy because at least he should bring a fresh move set.

DeployableMuffin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DaRaginAsian
3DS FC
4725-9074-1531
Saw on Twitter that there's gonna be some Fire Emblem concert and Sakurai's gonna be there. I guess this adds support for Roy DLC? I don't really mind Roy because I think he's cooler than Marth. As for Ryu, not sure how he would play since Smash 4 isn't as fast paced as Melee, and since Street Fighter is a game of combos.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Can't wait for another lame Marth clone!

Can't wait for two more anime-esque characters in the game!!

Yay!!!!

I miss the day when those kind of characters were the exception in Smash. The series is almost becoming one of those anime fighters at this point. When it comes to third party characters, people ask for Bomberman, Banjo & Kazooie, Simon Belmont, etc and what Sakurai gives us? ****ing Ryu.

Of course it could be all fake, but still. Knowing Sakurai, it is likely real.
There aren't that many anime-looking characters. We most certainly aren't at that point yet.

LaunchStar

Smash Cadet
I still can't believe people will blindly believe all of the Smash 4 "leaks" after the Rayman thing.

I'm not sure if it's real or not, but seriously, is anyone with a "leak" or "confirmed data" thing allowed to post on the SmashBoards front page? You have to give these things time to simmer down before you start posting "official news" on a forum. It's going to lead to nothing but Omni's Rayman thing all over again.

Top Bottom