• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
It was a photo Sakurai posted on Twitter, containing figures of Dark Pit, Pit, Samus, Charizard, Bowser, and I think Ness.
I would show you the source but Twitter is blocked from here. :<
Here is the pic though:
thanks
now onto the picture I don't think it brings his chances up much
but it is interesting how he is shown in there with a bunch of smash regulars though
Uh, why R.O.B?
his anniversary is tomorrow, so there is that chance

courte

Smash Lord
all you need is... to know how to mod like all bawlsing hell. or we make our own smash. or one without all of that nintendoness

really now though. dark pit. not two mario's but dark pit. don't anyone even throw link/tlink at this-- y'know what yeah throw it out. and scrooge mcduck

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It was a photo Sakurai posted on Twitter, containing figures of Dark Pit, Pit, Samus, Charizard, Bowser, and I think Ness.
Here is the pic though:
Heh, the guy even has Smash figurines. Maybe he's got a figurine for every palette swap, including Dark Pit :troll:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Who's the most random character that we wouldn't expect to get a reveal tomorrow? Captain Falcon? Wolf? Sheik?

Yeah, no, we're getting a screenshot with a bad joke. Luigi and Toon Link with paranoid expressions. WFT looks down at them and the caption reads, "What? Did you guys call each other or something?"

Show Me Your Moves

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1762-2678-0474
Stop it you guys! We need more representatives from brand new franchises and "Art Academy" is just the right one. The guy who teaches you art is named Vince and provides another WTF character. Plus, he has way more 'potential' than Bowser Jr and a sick beard. :cool:

Look at that man and tell me YOU (:eek:) don't want him in.

courte

Smash Lord
o
Cut Roster:
View attachment 3368

29 Veterans
16 Newcomers
45 Total
i still don't get these rosters. for only one, two, or usually max three characters. but i promise you i'll stare at this thing until i fall in love

dark pit? Twitter? Sakurai?

Can I have a source?

bro in like a hundred pages i don't think i've seen a single source. we don't do sources here! we do feels! and important to nintendo/the franchises historys! but sakurai so you'll never knows!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why would we even expect a R.O.B reveal tomorrow? I would think we'd get a reveal more around the Japanese anniversary, not the US.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Here is the pic though:
Wait, so are we certain Sakurai composed these figures? 'Cause if so, there are similar ones with Mewtwo and Mew in them. That gives me a lot of hope.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm alright with the fact that Sakurai is going to post stupid boring pictures once in awhile, but I prefer pictures that actually give us information. Like a stage or an item or something.

This week has SUCKED. There has been basically nothing interesting. Sheesh.

courte

Smash Lord
I'm alright with the fact that Sakurai is going to post stupid boring pictures once in awhile, but I prefer pictures that actually give us information. Like a stage or an item or something.

let's start a dojo2 petition

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Here is the pic though:
Interesting. I dont think it improves Pittoo's chances at all, he may have had the figures from KI:U and just threw them together. That being said, Pittoo could have alot to offer moveset wise, KI:U had a lot of weapons and spells where anything that Pit doesnt have, Pittoo could use.

I am really against Pittoo's inclusion though, not only because he would most likely just be a clone, but a character like Palutena has made more of an impact in the games, and on Nintendo than a palette swap of Pit ever will

Gune

Smash Lord

And to think last week we thought this week was gonna be the most hypetastic week ever....

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Stop it you guys! We need more representatives from brand new franchises and "Art Academy" is just the right one. The guy who teaches you art is named Vince and provides another WTF character. Plus, he has way more 'potential' than Bowser Jr and a sick beard. :cool:

Look at that man and tell me YOU (:eek:) don't want him in.
I'd probably say no. Bowser Jr. for life!

courte

Smash Lord
Isn't it always the games that don't offer DLC the ones that you want it for the most? Or rather, never the DLC for it that you would want?

And the ones that do, how often does the content meet, exceed, or fall short of your expectations or what you could possibly conceive?

this is a general question. Answer or flame in pm.

And to think last week we thought this week was gonna be the most hypetastic week ever....

who's we? Wii Fit Trainer? I didn't. I set my expectations low so that they are always greatly surpassed. give it a try. that way, #DatAss will always seem godlike

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
I agree with your no cuts roster more, but it's a little too safe.
Your cuts roster has a lot more originality to it, and is a very good effort.

Both of them are believable. I just don't want to believe they'd cut both Ike AND PT. But their your thoughts, good job.
Thanks! I played it safe on these rosters because I'm expecting a drop in character additions for the new roster. The only reason I cut Ike and PT was because I feel that if there are a small amount of cuts, one of them is probably gone. I would like to think that they won't be cut, but they're more likely than others.

Aside from Pale Tuna (that's her new name now), 100% solid.
I give it an Ultimate Life Form rating of 9.5.

Thank you! In all honesty, I'm about 50/50 on Pale Tuna and I really wouldn't care if she made it into the game or not. I just think the Kid Icarus franchise will be represented more in this game and Pale Tuna would certainly help.

If I'm being honest with myself, the new characters in this game will more than likely be half characters we expect, and half characters we didn't expect. I'd say the only newcomer that has a 100% chance is Little Mac, and even thats a stretch. I'm sure none of you expected WFT or even the VIllager to be in the game, so I really see any character being fair game. I also don't see there being 50 characters, 42-48 is a better estimate.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
There are a few reasons I support character DLC is this;
Let's say that 2 years after ssb4's release, in 2016, Miyamoto's new IP finally comes out. That character can be added through DLC

Also, characters can be added to celebrate games coming out, for example, Zelda WiiU.

Or If a character suddenly becomes popular but a new smash game is too far away, like if we see another Geno or Mega Man in a few years.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Having a movie doesn't make one anymore similar, or else Keldeo is similar to Mewtwo. On top of that, Lucario differs completely in terms of character and role in that movie compared to Mewtwo.

Also, it's just one move, that doesn't make anyone their spiritual successor or replacement. That's like saying Jigglypuff is Kirby's would-be spiritual successor because it shares the same Forward Smash.
You are picking things apart. No, Jiggs and Kirby are not in the same franchise and both got in the same game. You have to split things up for them to make sense.

We are not going to agree, except I hope you can realize that Lucario had more priority than Mewtwo. You take care special flake.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I say DLC suits for any of the cut characters in the past Smash Bros. games.
I could put Mewtwo as DLC, but then everyone would rant.
The thing is, when you say you put a character as DLC, it means you'll not prioritize it as much as others. That's why adding DLC options FROM THE GET-GO is usually a bad idea and should be an afterthought.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Cut Roster:
View attachment 3368

29 Veterans
16 Newcomers
45 Total
drop K rool and Bowser Jr, bring back Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle. Also Roy didn't get in over Ike last time. Ain't happening this time.

I've been thinking about that Twitter picture Sakurai posted containing Dark Pit, do you guys think he could be planned as a last minute semi-clone because of this? I find it very much possible.
Dark Pit will never even be considered for 5 seconds.This art means nothing. Dark Pit simply is not in the list of viable choices. And YES I beat KI: Uprising thank you very much.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey, I just decided, I'm gonna share my roster with you all!
I still don't have Roster Maker (it wasn't really working) so bear with me.

My roster:

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Paper Mario

DK:
DK
Diddy
K. Rool
Dixie

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Wario:
Wario

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganon
Toon Link

Metroid:
Samus
Ridley

Kirby:
Kirby
MK
Dedede

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jiggs
Trainer
Lucario
Mewtwo

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena

MOTHER:
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero:
Cap

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Chrom
Ike

Pikmin:
Olimar

Animal Crossing:
Villager

Wii Fit:
Trainer

Punch Out:
Mac

Xenoblade:
Shulk

Retro:
Ice Climbers
G and W
ROB
Takamaru

3rd Party:
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man

So...
What do you think?
(Did I miss anyone? Sure hope not.)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't want DLC characters. I don't want to get a new character every month till SSB5 comes out. I'd rather wait for SSB5 to have those characters. After all, what's the point for Nintendo to develop and sell SSB5 if we keep getting SSB5 characters as DLC for SSB4?

Gune

Smash Lord
I don't want DLC characters. I don't want to get a new character every month till SSB5 comes out. I'd rather wait for SSB5 to have those characters. After all, what's the point for Nintendo to develop and sell SSB5 if we keep getting SSB5 characters as DLC for SSB4?
Its so they don't have to immediately make another people complain someone is cut boom DLC, people want costume boom DLC, This way we don't have to be dissapointed for 6 years like the Roy and Mewtwo fanbases were and people still buy it because there's always some thing new.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

In before "Bawwww, shut up and drool at Sakurai's knees, we're lucky to be getting anything at all, you ungrateful cretin."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom