• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

While it's true the character would deserve a spot due to iconic status alone, it's more like the character lacks a "wow" factor so to speak. It doesn't help that we already got a "hammer space fighter" in the form of Villager, because that would of been the most notable characteristic Pac-man could of used. If the character is going to be added, there is going to have to be a really effort put into the character to be entertaining.
...How is Pac-Man a "hammer-space" fighter by any logic?
Aside from that, Villager isn't even the first example of one. :gw:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
...How is Pac-Man a "hammer-space" fighter by any logic?
Maybe because he uses all sorts of crap over the years in varies games. Pac-man is one of those characters that hardly has a consistent ability movepool, the only consistent ones are his ability to eat and roll. So logically, Pac-man being a clown fighter that pulls out items made the most sense. Can't really see him as a super serious fighter.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Me either for sure. I also wouldn't mind. But I'm sure some people would mind even if they did have the same moveset.
Well, let me put it this way... if Sakurai decides to keep Ness but RENAME him Ninten, people would get butthurt over cutting Ness even though Ninten looks nearly identical to Ness and would likely have the same moveset/playstyle. :rolleyes:

User33

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking we could see a Mario Kart rep, I just can't think of who it'd be or how it would work. Hmmm....

User33

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you want to represent the spin-offs, I suggest Waluigi.
Just Mario Kart really. Not necessarily the (much less successful from a sales perspective) spinoffs.

Waluigi wasn't even in Mario Kart 7 so I'm not sure if I'd choose him for the rep. IDK, was just throwing the idea out there, I'd have to think about it.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I'm thinking we could see a Mario Kart rep, I just can't think of who it'd be or how it would work. Hmmm....
9 of the characters in brawl has been in Mario Kart (3 of them already confirmed for SSB4), and there really no viable character fitting to specificaly rep Mario Kart.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
Olimar won't get replaced. The fact he's appeared in three games is already a showing indicator. "BUT TK HE'S NOT THE MOST RECENT MAIN PROTAGONIST ANYMORE" and for Villager guess what design they did use - Here's a hint: It's not New Leaf's design. Unlike other games that probably won't have as much influence as we think on this title, New Leaf actually had many chances to give itself the new look to Sakurai.

Yaaaaaaay
I'm gonna get so confused after awhile with you also being TK.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'm gonna get so confused after awhile with you also being TK.
Do I need to note myself as TTK? It should be pretty obvious that I'm TK when I've always been called... well... TK. We'll just find a nickname for you, and I doubt most of the time I at least use those contexts means your name y;

Mario reps pretty much are Mario Kart reps. Note the first word in "Mario Kart". :p
^ This.

Sometimes representation for ___ is also better in, you know, NOT a character. Just because WFT got in doesn't mean we need to rep everything with a character.

D

Deleted member

Maybe because he uses all sorts of crap over the years in varies games. Pac-man is one of those characters that hardly has a consistent ability movepool, the only consistent ones are his ability to eat and roll. So logically, Pac-man being a clown fighter that pulls out items made the most sense. Can't really see him as a super serious fighter.
Pac-Man's "random abilities" don't involve using various items as weapons, though. That means by default, he isn't a "hammer-space" fighter like Villager or Mr. Game & Watch.
This is why I get tired of people badmouthing Pac-Man; no one does the damned research and make claims based on what little they really know.

Guess I'm going to have to put making a moveset for Pac-Man higher on my priority list to settle this once and for all.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Pac-Man's "random abilities" don't involve using various items as weapons, though. That means by default, he isn't a "hammer-space" fighter like Villager or Mr. Game & Watch.
This is why I get tired of people badmouthing Pac-Man; no one does the damned research and make claims based on what little they really know.

Guess I'm going to have to put making a moveset for Pac-Man higher on my priority list to settle this once and for all.
Summed up nicely.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
My Realistic Roster again, only clone cuts,

Maybe There could be a Clone dlc pack or something or just good dlc packs...

Rework Ganon, Lucas, and Lucario some.
Lucario wasn't even a clone. So you don't really need to rework him.

Anyway, this seems decent. For a fifty character roster that is.

FourStar

Smash Ace
i feel like mario reps get no love because they always get weak moves except for peach. can they for once get a good mario character

evilsmashbrosfan

Smash Cadet

I dont think your roster is realistic. Too many characters. Dozen of questionnable newcommers choices.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

Asides from no LttP Link and Roy in over Chrom (And Saki and Diddy + Dixie but I don't have much complaints with those) this is actually a good roster.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
I dont think your roster is realistic. Too many characters. Dozen of questionnable newcommers choices.
50 honestly isn't that bad. We shouldn't expect more than that however. The only newcomer on that roster that seems a little unlikely is Saki and maybe the pairing of Jr. and Shadow Mario.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I can't see them using Wii Fit Trainer and Villager in promotional posters that have a logo for both Wii U and 3DS if the characters weren't in both versions. People are reading too much into the whole "Wii U pictures only means Wii U only" thing.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
50 honestly isn't that bad. We shouldn't expect more than that however. The only newcomer on that roster that seems a little unlikely is Saki and maybe the pairing of Jr. and Shadow Mario.
I think shadow Mario is what will make bowser jr's Moveset more interesting, also I'm pretty sure saki is popular in Japan and the sin and punishment series got a game last generation, he would have a cool Moveset and flesh out more underrepresented franchises, I could see him as 50/50 getting in tbh (also saki was an assist trophy)

User33

Smash Journeyman
I still think we're getting 42-44 characters (not including transformations). I'd be surprised if we get more than that.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Asides from no LttP Link and Roy in over Chrom (And Saki and Diddy + Dixie but I don't have much complaints with those) this is actually a good roster.
Roy is more popular than chrom and is actually very missed veteran from merica and japan, Id say they would rework his moveset entirely using his cool flame sword, and I personally dont want to add another link in if we just cut one, but If I could have it my way the cuts would either come in dlc or would all be in the roster but reworked, anyways this is my realistic one.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
I feel like we are just going in circles at this point. I feel like we keep stating the same things about our rosters which we keep reposting. In a couple of hours Noah will probably show up on a different account and argue that Namco doesn't get a character.:laugh: Anybody want to go play some online game for a bit or shall I just go be a lonely single player person for the next couple of hours. Unless something new comes up in the next couple of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom