• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm surprised that someone actually wants anyone besides Ridley and Anthony.
I am actually indifferent towards Ridley and Anthony. I would be very happy with Fusion Suit Samus but I am not expecting her to get in. I would like a Samus with ice-based moves and a Final Smash that doesn't turn her into Zero Suit Samus.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
With Toon Zelda having an important role in one of the two Zelda games released after Brawl, and Toon Zelda making a return in Wind Waker HD and probably Zelda 3DS, there is a good chance that Sakurai could revisit his idea of Toon Zelda. However, I think like with Brawl, even if Sakurai has her on his "list", she could end up being bumped out again if time constraints arise.
Actually, with the option of DLC, there might not be cuts at all this time around. In fact, the only intentional cuts that could happen is for Snake and Sonic due to copyright complications, but at the same time we don't know what's going to go on with the third party characters already in yet.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm having a hard time seeing any of the Forbidden Seven not named Mewtwo, Roy and Dixie Kong.

It looks as the others were dropped for reasons other than time constraints or because of complications. To me, that may indicate that perhaps Sakurai might not be interested in them anymore. It doesn't rule them out, but I do have a much harder time seeing them.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm having a hard time seeing any of the Forbidden Seven not named Mewtwo, Roy and Dixie Kong.

It looks as the others were dropped for reasons other than time constraints or because of complications. To me, that may indicate that perhaps Sakurai might not be interested in them anymore. It doesn't rule them out, but I do have a much harder time seeing them.
How do you figure? If it's the lack of a victory theme file, bear in mind that Wolf is lacking one as well, and that there is a missing file (as in, missing, not just unused) that can only be for Dr. Mario's victory theme due to where it's placed.

Here's what I mean.
Z01-Mario
Z02-Donkey Kong
Z03-Link
Z04-Samus
Z05-Yoshi
Z06-Kirby
Z07-Fox
Z08-Pikachu
Z09-Luigi (UNUSED)
Z10-Captain Falcon
Z11-Ness
Z12-Bowser (UNUSED)
Z13-Peach (UNUSED)
Z14-Zelda (UNUSED)
Z15-Sheik (UNUSED)
Z16-Ice Climbers
Z17-Marth
Z18-Mr. Game & Watch
Z19-Falco (UNUSED)
Z20-Ganondorf (UNUSED)
Z21-Wario
Z22-Meta Knight
Z23-Pit
Z24-Zero Suit Samus (UNUSED)
Z25-Olimar
Z26-Lucas (UNUSED)
Z27-Diddy Kong (UNUSED)
Z28-Pokemon Trainer (UNUSED)
Z29-MISSING (Going by Brawl data, this would be Charizard)
Z30-MISSING (Going by Brawl data, this would be Squirtle)
Z31-MISSING (Going by Brawl data, this would be Ivysaur)
Z32-King Dedede (UNUSED)
Z33-Lucario (UNUSED)
Z34-Ike (UNUSED)
Z35-R.O.B.
Z36-MISSING (Unknown)
Z37-Jigglypuff (UNUSED)
Z38-Mewtwo (UNUSED)
Z39-Roy (UNUSED)
Z40-MISSING (Because of placement, this would be Dr. Mario)
Z41-Toon Link (UNUSED)
Z42-MISSING (Because of placement, this would be Wolf)
Z43-MISSING (Unknown; possibly Toon Zelda)
Z44-MISSING (Unknown; possibly "Toon Sheik")
Z45-MISSING (Unknown; possibly "pra_mai")
Z46-Snake
Z47-Sonic
Z48-MISSING (Unknown; possibly placeholder data for any 3rd Party after Sonic)
Z49-MISSING (Unknown; possibly placeholder data for any 3rd Party after the above)
Z50-Z58 are fanfares unrelated to characters.

D

Deleted member

How do you figure? If it's the lack of a victory theme file, bear in mind that Wolf is lacking one as well, and that there is a missing file (as in, missing, not just unused) that can only be for Dr. Mario's victory theme due to where it's placed.

Here's what I mean.
Z01-Mario
Z02-Donkey Kong
Z03-Link
Z04-Samus
Z05-Yoshi
Z06-Kirby
Z07-Fox
Z08-Pikachu
Z09-Luigi (UNUSED)
Z10-Captain Falcon
Z11-Ness
Z12-Bowser (UNUSED)
Z13-Peach (UNUSED)
Z14-Zelda (UNUSED)
Z15-Sheik (UNUSED)
Z16-Ice Climbers
Z17-Marth
Z18-Mr. Game & Watch
Z19-Falco (UNUSED)
Z20-Ganondorf (UNUSED)
Z21-Wario
Z22-Meta Knight
Z23-Pit
Z24-Zero Suit Samus (UNUSED)
Z25-Olimar
Z26-Lucas (UNUSED)
Z27-Diddy Kong (UNUSED)
Z28-Pokemon Trainer (UNUSED)
Z29-MISSING (Going by Brawl data, this would be Charizard)
Z30-MISSING (Going by Brawl data, this would be Squirtle)
Z31-MISSING (Going by Brawl data, this would be Ivysaur)
Z32-King Dedede (UNUSED)
Z33-Lucario (UNUSED)
Z34-Ike (UNUSED)
Z35-R.O.B.
Z36-MISSING (Unknown)
Z37-Jigglypuff (UNUSED)
Z38-Mewtwo (UNUSED)
Z39-Roy (UNUSED)
Z40-MISSING (Because of placement, this would be Dr. Mario)
Z41-Toon Link (UNUSED)
Z42-MISSING (Because of placement, this would be Wolf)
Z43-MISSING (Unknown; possibly Toon Zelda)
Z44-MISSING (Unknown; possibly "Toon Sheik")
Z45-MISSING (Unknown; possibly "pra_mai")
Z46-Snake
Z47-Sonic
Z48-MISSING (Unknown; possibly placeholder data for any 3rd Party after Sonic)
Z49-MISSING (Unknown; possibly placeholder data for any 3rd Party after the above)
Z50-Z58 are fanfares unrelated to characters.
But Wolf, unlike the Forbidden Seven, actually made it into the game and Sakurai considers Sonic to be the last addition made. We know that Dixie Kong was scrapped due to complications and Mewtwo and Roy had victory files, which indicates being cut due to time constraints. The lack of a victory file for Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda and pra_mai indicates to me that they were scrapped for reasons other than time and are on a somewhat similar boat to Dixie Kong.

D

Deleted member

But Wolf, unlike the Forbidden Seven, actually made it into the game and Sakurai considers Sonic to be the last addition made. We know that Dixie Kong was scrapped due to complications and Mewtwo and Roy had victory files, which indicates being cut due to time constraints. The lack of a victory file for Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda and pra_mai indicates to me that they were scrapped for reasons other than time and are on a somewhat similar boat to Dixie Kong.
However, it does not change the fact that Wolf does not have a victory theme.
Why would Wolf not have one yet be in the final game while Mewtwo and Roy do despite not being in the final game?

That's what makes the whole "lacking a victory theme" logic bogus.

EDIT: Aside from that, Sonic was the last addition to the roster. That doesn't mean someone else couldn't have been added to the game itself later than him.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm wondering about Tingle because he hasn't appeared in an Zelda since Twilight Princess had that Puro guy but then I remember, Tinlge got spun-off in Japan. I'm guessing they realized his international unpopularity compared to his Japanese fanbase. The point I'm getting at here is if Tingle is Playable in Smash 4 he's probably gonna be representing his Tingle's Rupeeland series like Wario represents the Warioware series.

Strevo

Smash Rookie
Lovely rosters, I want to make a roster myself. Do you guys use photoshop for this?

Or is there some kind of template thingy already? :D

D

Deleted member

Lovely rosters, I want to make a roster myself. Do you guys use photoshop for this?

Or is there some kind of template thingy already? :D
You can look at Jakor's program. It'll save you a lot of time.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm wondering about Tingle because he hasn't appeared in an Zelda since Twilight Princess had that Puro guy but then I remember, Tinlge got spun-off in Japan. I'm guessing they realized his international unpopularity compared to his Japanese fanbase. The point I'm getting at here is if Tingle is Playable in Smash 4 he's probably gonna be representing his Tingle's Rupeeland series like Wario represents the Warioware series.
Yes, I agree. Tingle has quite the hatebase in the US.....

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Don't get me wrong, I hate Tingle. But I wouldn't mind him being in so I could just beat the living **** out of him.

Strevo

Smash Rookie
Cheers man!!

Here I go:

I don't mind if Hunting Dog doesn't get in if Sheriff does, and I realize I'm quiet biased.

Chepe

Smash Lord
However, it does not change the fact that Wolf does not have a victory theme.
Why would Wolf not have one yet be in the final game while Mewtwo and Roy do despite not being in the final game?

That's what makes the whole "lacking a victory theme" logic bogus.

EDIT: Aside from that, Sonic was the last addition to the roster. That doesn't mean someone else couldn't have been added to the game itself later than him.
Well, there's the idea that Wolf may have been added late into the game, perhaps even after Sonic himself, and that his addition came after the idea for individual victory themes had already been dropped. This would be unlike Dr. Mario's case, where a victory theme for him wasn't being prepared even when individual victory themes was still part of the plan. I would surmise that Dr. Mario and Pichu were definitely on Sakurai's mind when he made the statement that not all character from Melee would return in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Well, there's the idea that Wolf may have been added late into the game, perhaps even after Sonic himself, and that his addition came after the idea for individual victory themes had already been dropped. This would be unlike Dr. Mario's case, where a victory theme for him wasn't being prepared even when individual victory themes was still part of the plan. I would surmise that Dr. Mario and Pichu were definitely on Sakurai's mind when he made the statement that not all character from Melee would return in Brawl.
The hole in that is that Mewtwo and Roy still have a theme while Wolf doesn't.
While Wolf could have been finished after Sonic, there is no chance of Wolf being added to the roster after Sonic; Sakurai made it very clear that the roster had been "finalized" on July 7, 2005 with the only late addition being Sonic in 2007.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The hole in that is that Mewtwo and Roy still have a theme while Wolf doesn't.
While Wolf could have been finished after Sonic, there is no chance of Wolf being added to the roster after Sonic; Sakurai made it very clear that the roster had been "finalized" on July 7, 2005 with the only late addition being Sonic in 2007.
I think Wolf was probably part of the "Forbidden 7" earlier on, but initially got scrapped due to time constraints, and was simply going to have Brawl's roster with Mewtwo and Roy instead of Sonic and Wolf. Then he ended up finding out about the huge amount of requests for Sonic and added him in, he then maybe changed his thoughts on Wolf being a lower priority character seeing the huge amount of requests for him in Japan and the West.

D

Deleted member

That's getting a little too speculative...
All low priority characters are the ones in between R.O.B. and Snake within the data (why Snake and Sonic aren't counted is because the guests were last in the data on purpose), this is especially obvious with the fact that Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario are not with the other Veterans and are instead towards the end of the data after the higher priority Newcomers.

So regardless of the situation, Mewtwo, Roy, and Wolf were all low-priority.
Unless you're saying that Sakurai decided that Wolf was worth it more than the two, at which I can see that as a possibility for multiple reasons, such as his popularity, the fact he was easier to add (giving Wolf the same animations as Fox, then working from there, as compared to making the likes of Mewtwo from scratch), and the fact he was a Newcomer rather than a Veteran.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So regardless of the situation, Mewtwo, Roy, and Wolf were all low-priority.
Unless you're saying that Sakurai decided that Wolf was worth it more than the two, at which I can see that as a possibility for multiple reasons, such as his popularity, the fact he was easier to add (giving Wolf the same animations as Fox, then working from there, as compared to making the likes of Mewtwo from scratch), and the fact he was a Newcomer rather than a Veteran.
That is what I am talking about. At some point late in development, Sakurai thought Wolf was a higher priority than Mewtwo and Roy, or found him easier to add (at least likely easier than Mewtwo).

D

Deleted member

That is what I am talking about. At some point late in development, Sakurai thought Wolf was a higher priority than Mewtwo and Roy, or found him easier to add (at least likely easier than Mewtwo).
I see. Well then, I agree.

Despite that though, I don't really see how it would be against the others of the "Forbidden 7" (Or in this case, 6, since Dixie is under a different situation). All this would mean was that they were cut because time would not allow for their production before Mewtwo and Roy were. Same with Wolf, but since time would allow him in place of Mewtwo and Roy, he was brought back while they were scrapped instead.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of Dixie, I did question whether or not to included Dixie in my prediction list. While it's true the character has been planned, it's not in a vein similar to the other members of the Forbidden 7. Dixie was a concept for a Diddy & Dixie tag team that fell through, unlike the others which was time constraints. Not sure if the idea of Dixie Kong would be brought back up, or if it would be abandoned in a vein to Sukapon.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Dixie, I did question whether or not to included Dixie in my prediction list. While it's true the character has been planned, it's not in a vein similar to the other members of the Forbidden 7. Dixie was a concept for a Diddy & Dixie tag team that fell through, unlike the others which was time constraints. Not sure if the idea of Dixie Kong would be brought back up, or if it would be abandoned in a vein to Sukapon.
Dixie is a tricky issue.
On one hand, you got the deal that Dixie was originally planned as a tag partner to Diddy and was seemingly overlooked on her own.
On the other hand, you got the fact that Dixie is one of the more popular characters for Smash, even when you factor her big rival (no pun intended) in K. Rool.

Then you have the possibility of Sakurai revisiting the idea of a Kong tag-team, but instead of forcing Dixie upon Diddy, have Dixie partnered with Kiddy ala DKC3. But at the same time, no one really seems to care for Kiddy. At all.
So it's quite the conundrum....

D

Deleted member

Or K. Rool can eat Dixie, and they'd both technically be in the game. :troll:

"K. Rool seems to have put on a bit more weight since last we saw him..."

Strevo

Smash Rookie
Decided to tweak my roster a little bit:

Personal Bias incomming!

I replaced Mii with Dillon because on a second thought I think it'd be odd to have a Mii on the roster. I wouldn't mind if Krystal got in over Wolf but that'll mean that you'd have to cut a villian so I don't think it's gonna happen. Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario are interchangeable for me, if one of them gets in that'd be fine, having both in would be a bit too much. I replaced Toon Link with Tingle because of personal bias mostly, if Toon Link stays they'd better give him a original moveset. I just am not sure if Tingle will count as a Zelda rep or if he represents his own game. Cutting Lucario and Lucas really only have the reason to cap this roster at 45 characters. Sheriff could possibly replace Hunting Dog, while having both would be awesome I think it'd be a bit too much. Pokemon Trainer will return but I am not sure if he does with the same set of Pokemon. And finally I wouldn't mind if Simon replaced Snake, but if it doesn't happen that's fine eitherway.

If all characters from Brawl are returning my roster would probably still look the same with more characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Roy but not Ike?

Most newcomers outside of King K.Rool, Ridley, Takamaru and Little Mac I find rather questionable to. Especially considering which characters you drop for.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Strevo
Except the cuts, the roster is quite good, I'd say. Hoenn Trainer and Simon Belmont are kind of questionable though.

Strevo

Smash Rookie
@Strevo
Except the cuts, the roster is quite good, I'd say. Hoenn Trainer and Simon Belmont are kind of questionable though.
Haha Thanks, I'll make one without the cuts sometime later today :p

EDIT:

I could do this all day :p

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
@Strevo
other than a couple choices i wouldnt personally choose, i would be very happy if this was the final roster

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Haha Thanks, I'll make one without the cuts sometime later today :p

EDIT:

I could do this all day :p
That roster is almost perfect. I'd replace Duck Hunt Dog with Isaac and it would be a good roster for me.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This roster has some obscure characters, but they fit well (Because Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Prince Fluff, Ninten, and Dark Pit fit that category with balance). The roster is strictly once a character is cut, it is cut. (No Roy or Ike, or Mewtwo)​
(Ike, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer are replaced.)​
Starter Roster​
(Total characters: 29)​
Full Roster​
(Total Characters: 50)​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom