• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Lol, you're only defenses are to just tell me I'm doing what YOU'RE doing. That's about as good of a comeback as "No, you are" Just make stuff up and read into things that aren't there. That'll prove your point.
A few things.

1. You're making things up also.

2. YOU ARE doing things wrong.

3. What you're trying to use as an insult applies to you idiot. In fact, what you just said applies to you A LOT more then anyone else here.

4. I love how you're using the "no you" argument. Yeah. Keep using this. People will still call you out on your bull ****.

5. You're a freaking idiot.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I could see the roster kinda being like this. Though I forgot to add Olimar/Pikmin 3 Captain. So just replace Dark Samus with Olimar.
EDIT: Also forgot Lucario, but oh well.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well, I could see the roster kinda being like this. Though I forgot to add Olimar/Pikmin 3 Captain. So just replace Dark Samus with Olimar.
EDIT: Also forgot Lucario, but oh well.
So i'll count DS as Olimar.

this looks good.

EDIT: I do doubt we'll get both Dixie and K Rool. I'll also pretend that Lucario is on the roster.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@kewlusername
I expect a few more characters, but it is a good example of keeping the roster size low while satisfying everyone. :)

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
From memory Iwata said something about seeing Smash 'Screens' at E3 to which Sakurai replied he hoped to show us something a little better, to which many thought the logical progression being a trailer. It's only this week that the trailer has been confirmed.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So heres my final roster until E3. (Any rosters i make before E3/Nintendo Direct are just for fun and not exactly serious)

1. Did some re-arranging.

2. Got rid of Lucina and put Roy.

3. Added alt choices for third parties. Random Button is also there in case third parties get removed from the game completely.
Yeah. I feel like Ryu Hayabusa has a better chance then Simon Belmont and i also think Tecmo earned a spot as far as third parties go. However, it doesn't mean it will happen.

4. Got rid of Isa and brought back Mach Rider. :emptysheep:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
If there is going to be cuts again, I expect Sakurai to mention them after Smash 4's unveil, like what happened with Brawl's unveil. However, honestly, I don't think there is any reason for anyone to go this time.

Also, I still think Snake is more likely to return than not, however, he is overall the most likely character to be cut. I may have to re-assess that though. If MGS5 or a port of MGR does not get announced during the week of E3, I will start to think Snake is more likely to be cut than return.
For Nintendo plats? I wouldn't bet on it just because of that. Konami (If I recall right) has had a surprisingly good track record with Nintendo so far, just like many other third-parties. It's not just about Snake.

As for cuts, asides from the Third-Parties (Which arguably were some of the most enjoyed characters in Brawl) based on everything I don't think we'll see cuts. If we do, it'll be 2-3 and it'll probably be some of the Brawl guys. Even the more I think about it, the more I think a R.O.B. cut is even a bit... weird.

FourStar

Smash Ace
ok seriously people be realistic when trying to make lists. putting goku or cloud is just absolutely absurd and putting characters that have no chance will get you criticism. please for the love of god people

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm going to actually say something right now. Even if we get something like "There'll probably not be that many cuts" they'll keep us in suspense still. There was so much hype for certain veterans to return back then with the Dojo so I see no reason for that not to return. Maybe not as much, but yeah.

ok seriously people be realistic when trying to make lists. putting goku or cloud is just absolutely absurd and putting characters that have no chance will get you criticism. please for the love of god people
thank you

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Here's what I'd see as a realistic, but worse-case scenario 45-character roster. (3 beloved characters are replaced)
I also have a semi/un-realistic 60-character roster that I might post later.

thing3.png

Also, should these roster pics go in the display thread, or stay here in the discussion thread? I'm a bit confused.

The difference is that Cloud actually has a chance, originating from a video game and all.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Swampasaur said:
I'd just add Lucario back in (you commented on that but it should definitely happen) and add Megaman and Palutena.

Also for the record. Pit and Little Mac are not retro series anymore.
Yeah Lucario I just have a bad feeling about. I feel like Pokemon is one of those series where you have to at least keep adding one current Pokemon, while replacing the last one deemed "current" in order to keep Pokemon reps from growing so massive. Thus I feel Mewtwo will replace him because he's the next big current one. And fortunately for us, that means a returning favorite is back. However I don't doubt I could be wrong.
And yeah, but I still believe Little Mac and Pit are retro characters at heart haha. I still deem them that at least, even if they got revivals. I can comfortably consider them not retro after they've had at least 1 more game released in the near future, cuz I think only 1 revival game isn't enough to say they aren't retro yet.
I also can't justify adding another Kid Icarus rep, but it's definitely a possibility. I just think over repping a retro series (sorry, it's just how I have to view it still) and a series Sakurai worked on at that, means KI won't get another.
Super Smash Bros. Fan said:
The only thing I would do is to bring back Lucario given that he's been heavily advertised by the Pokémon Company and that there isn't any reason why we can't have both Mewtwo and Lucario in the same game. I also doubt a Namco rep, but it's not an issue considering that you picked the one with the best shot of getting in (and by extent the only one I could see myself being wrong about).
Yeah I don't see a reason they can't both be in, but above is my explanation on that. Lucario's cut would not be due to similarities to Mewtwo's moves, and all that jazz.
And I figured you'd point out the no Mega Man haha. I'll even say that's the only one I see myself being wrong about, IMO, Mega Man makes it instead of Lloyd. I definitely think it's gonna be one of those 2.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So you have Tingle, that's just crazy.
And why would we have Mewtwo AND Lucario. Not to mention no X & Y rep, not even a Black & White rep.
Having Samus & Zero Suit Samus as an option is good, but not as seperate characters.
If we have Ike, there is no need for Roy.
You don't even have that many characters.

Yeah, not gonna happen. Sorry. If this is your roster I don't think anything bad you say about mine could mean anything. :glare:
Both Roy and Lucario were planned to be in Brawl, alongside Ike and Mewtwo respectively. Ruby and Sapphire were also skipped over, so that ideology is inconsistent as far as having a playable rep for gen 5 and/or 6.
well, it obviously wasn't a good idea if he didn't carry out that plan.:facepalm:
They were cut likely because of Sonic. They were INTENDED to be in, with files for the two of them still in the game.

Seriously. Don't be a ****ing douchebag if you have no idea what you're talking about. How can you seriously wonder why people hate you on this site? It isn't even a thing exclusive to Smashboards. If you act like that in everyday life, you probably have ZERO friends. ZERO.

Especially, when you accuse me of trolling, and then threaten me with being reported because I asked you a simple question. Not to mention sending me a private message to do so. The best part was, the mods themselves called you a troll, and have locked every single thread you have made.

I could understand if you ever used proof about anything you bring up, and I'm sure there are other things i'm missing that you have posted. But you have no right to come in here and tell people that they are wrong, when you have not brought up a single good point in your defense.

You had no idea what Palutena's popularity was like, and you had no idea that Shulk was first party. If you don't even know basic things about the Smash community, how can you go and say that you know everything about the game? Of course, I'm wasting my time asking, because you never answer any questions directed at you, probably because you have no evidence to back anything up.

No one here has any respect for you. But you don't learn that because acting the way you do earns you no respect, and apparently you refuse to change it. But now why is that?

Well that would be because you are ignorant, arrogant, and childish. Of course, that is typically what a twelve year old behind a computer screen will act like, is it not?

Prove me i'm wrong Noah. Prove it.

...Oh wait, that's right. You don't answer challenges or questions. You run away and then say the person asking is a troll. I'm sorry.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I almost want to laugh at anyone that is putting a 2nd F-Zero character in the game because I really don't see it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I almost want to laugh at anyone that is putting a 2nd F-Zero character in the game because I really don't see it.
Agreed. That is quite possibly the most dead Nintendo franchise. Unless of course there is a new game at E3 then maybe I could see it happening.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Oh look, Noah's ignoring the proof we've given him again.

Shocker. :pikachu:

Noah ignores anything smarter than him.

...wait
It's not that improbable, but unfortunately, unlike EVERY OTHER SERIES IN SMASH, F-Zero is realllly getting the shaft. Closest thing to not is Nintendo Land. If Samurai Goroh had a perfect time, it was brawl.

Here's what I'd see as a realistic, but worse-case scenario 45-character roster. (3 beloved characters are replaced)

Also, should these roster pics go in the display thread, or stay here in the discussion thread? I'm a bit confused.

The difference is that Cloud actually has a chance, originating from a video game and all.
you post them in the roster display thread then expect us to comment here

but since that like never happens you might as well just post it here

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Noah The Coward. Can't do a thing except run, bi***, and moan because not everyone has the same mind set. Oh Noah you dumb, arrogant, ass hole. Learn a thing or two before you even try to debate. Otherwise you'll still be a pathetic piece of crap. I feel sorry for the good bronies. Why? Because they're affiliated with you Noah.

Bajef8

Smash Ace

Saying that is kinda stupid...just sayin'. Sakurai has stated that one of his favorite characters from Nintendo is Captain Falcon, and it's even a reason he added him to Smash in the first place. Sakurai enjoys the F-Zero franchise, so therefore he is still at least probable. However, I agree that his best chance was probably Brawl, and he got the AT treatment :/

volbound1700

Smash Master
AT Treatment is only reason I could possibly see Samurai Goroh but I seriously doubt we get anyone but Captain Falcon. Only reason I feel confortable with Paluetena for Kid Icarus is her popularity here and in Japan. I don't see Kid Icarus being a huge mover as well (even though Sakurai directed it). Needs more titles and games.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

View attachment 802

Cut Micaiah, add back Ike. Cut N, add back Jigglypuff. Cut Sheik add Impa

If you do that, you basically have a roster mostly everyone would agree with.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I can actually see it happening. If Ice Climbers can get in and stay for two games I don't see why a second F-Zero rep can't. Even if it's pretty much dead. (Mach Rider could count as a pseudo F-Zero rep though. Seeing as his game was the reason F-Zero even exists)

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Both Roy and Lucario were planned to be in Brawl, alongside Ike and Mewtwo respectively. Ruby and Sapphire were also skipped over, so that ideology is inconsistent as far as having a playable rep for gen 5 and/or 6.
They were cut likely because of Sonic. They were INTENDED to be in, with files for the two of them still in the game.

Seriously. Don't be a ****ing douchebag if you have no idea what you're talking about. How can you seriously wonder why people hate you on this site? It isn't even a thing exclusive to Smashboards. If you act like that in everyday life, you probably have ZERO friends. ZERO.

Especially, when you accuse me of trolling, and then threaten me with being reported because I asked you a simple question. Not to mention sending me a private message to do so. The best part was, the mods themselves called you a troll, and have locked every single thread you have made.

I could understand if you ever used proof about anything you bring up, and I'm sure there are other things i'm missing that you have posted. But you have no right to come in here and tell people that they are wrong, when you have not brought up a single good point in your defense.

You had no idea what Palutena's popularity was like, and you had no idea that Shulk was first party. If you don't even know basic things about the Smash community, how can you go and say that you know everything about the game? Of course, I'm wasting my time asking, because you never answer any questions directed at you, probably because you have no evidence to back anything up.

No one here has any respect for you. But you don't learn that because acting the way you do earns you no respect, and apparently you refuse to change it. But now why is that?

Well that would be because you are ignorant, arrogant, and childish. Of course, that is typically what a twelve year old behind a computer screen will act like, is it not?

...Oh wait, that's right. You don't answer challenges or questions. You run away and then say the person asking is a troll. I'm sorry.
Nah, you're just envious because deep down you know Noah's predictions will come true and yours wont.

...stop laughing!

Yeah, compared to Metroid, F-Zero hasn't had a new game since 2003. (I think there was a GBA game in 2004)
But since Mother has two slots despite being a stale series and only having 3 games, in my opinion, it wouldn't hurt for F-Zero to do the same. That's my excuse.

you post them in the roster display thread then expect us to comment here

but since that like never happens you might as well just post it here
Well, if you insist.

D

Deleted member

A 2nd F-Zero character was definitely not high in priority in Brawl's time, though with less characters that can really be seen as "priority", a 2nd F-Zero character isn't that unreasonable.

Bajef8

Smash Ace

Here's an answer to your question. Straight from his YouTube channel, proof of his childishness.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here's an answer to your question. Straight from his YouTube channel, proof of his childishness.

So he makes himself the guy with wisdom and reasoning? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

The roles should be switched. We are the guy who is trying to speak their mind, while he is the guy saying, "SAY IT!" because that man is belligerent and idiotic.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's a guess that there will possibly be surprise characters. I thought adding Goku fit the roster well when I putted him above Snake.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
A 2nd F-Zero character was definitely not high in priority in Brawl's time, though with less characters that can really be seen as "priority", a 2nd F-Zero character isn't that unreasonable.
Really, no character this time around who wasn't in Brawl (asides from Mewtwo) even hold high popularity. Mewtwo's requests to be back in didn't even take off until halfway through Smash 4 development.

Just about everyone from the Pre-Brawl days from Masked Man to Bowser Jr. holds a shot in hell. We don't really know what will be prioritized. Hell, the only reason we all think DK will be prioritized is because "DONKEY KONGS SUCH A HUGE SERIES"

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For those people who are new to the internet. This video is relevant.
Anyway lets get back on-topic before M&S Guy gets fed up with us again. :rolleyes:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Nah, you're just envious because deep down you know Noah's predictions will come true and yours wont.
That...that's a joke, right?

Please tell me that's a joke.

Yeah, compared to Metroid, F-Zero hasn't had a new game since 2003. (I think there was a GBA game in 2004)
But since Mother has two slots despite being a stale series and only having 3 games, in my opinion, it wouldn't hurt for F-Zero to do the same. That's my excuse.
The difference is Mother is incredibly loved, Lucas was very highly requested (and planned since Smash 64), and the series' most recent game is more recent.

Not saying a second F-Zero rep is out of the realm of possibility or anything. But comparing F-Zero to Mother is a little silly.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm thinking I may post my roster one last time before the trailer on Tuesday. Hard to believe it's already here.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If it doesn't make sense or it's way too specific, it's not a joke
I don't know what you're talking about. My Noah rant was a joke and I was very specific:troll:

My roster.
I know this comment of my doesn't belong here, but in fear of it getting quickly swept away...

Great roster. The only thing I would change is swap Pac-Man for Lloyd Irving. Otherwise, I like it a lot.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Why the hell are the mods slacking off about this and why isn't he banned at this point? I don't bloody believe this crap is actually slipping past the radar, it's like no one gives a damn about quality anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom