• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
The point here is that your logic is faulty.
Lucario is similar to Mario therefore he's equally as important? That's a bit of a stretch.

I mean, Lucario does have a good chance of coming back, I think most people would agree with that. It's just that your argument doesn't make much sense.
No that's not what I am thinking

Just look at many humanoid fighters, especially the logic behind Star Fox getting overrepresented. It's probably why Smash team got Lucario in, because he can fight like other Smash fighters!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Again but would Ash actually evolve his eevee? No, therefor they would probably have an episode reflecting on that which would be similar to that eeveelution episode that already exists except it's not some random guy's eevee it's Ash's :p Personally as much as I don't really care for pikachu he's certainly a bit of a better fit.
Actually it would have made a certain episode more interesting. Remember the episode where Pikachu "almost" go evolve via a thunderstone? Imagine a episode like that for Ash and his Eevee but having to chose between which evolution or not to Evolve for Ash's own Pokemon. Could have been a bit more interesting.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
NEW ROSTER UPDATE: VERSION 4.7!!!! ( Okay I added Sonic back, no more updates for now.)

Full Roster 4.7.png

Noticeable differences:

Matthew - Most people have Issac, as he appears in all the titles. I have Matthew because it seems he has replaced Issac's role and is mostly a reboot of him. This will be a more relevant way of representing Golden Sun. But both are very likely, but I go with Matthew.

Starfy - Starfy is one of the most likely, he's had 3 GBA installments, a 4th on DS, and a fifth western release on DS. He has become a pretty big Nintendo All-Star and has a lot of Move Set Potential. I suggest others add him.

Sheriff - He was the first Nintendo game (not counting Computer Othello.) as well as an international arcade title, he can represent the arcade and his status of recognition is similar to that of Ice Climbers.

Mewtwo - Everybody knows Mewtwo is coming back. It's inevitable. Since his new awakening form is a limited power up, I made that the Final Smash.

NEW! Genesect - My newest addition. I didn't add Genesect because he's a new Pokemon, I added him because we need a Pokemon that hasn't already been playable. Genesect fits the description Sakurai gave on how he adds Pokemon characters. Genesect being in SSB seems very likely and has so much potential.

Paper Mario - Bowser Jr is very likely to be the 5th Mario rep, but I see Paper Mario to be more preferred and unique. It just seems like the more logical choice.

Bomberman - Konami has recently acquired one of the most popular/iconic third-party characters from the deceased Hudson Soft. Bomberman has had as much affiliation with Nintendo as any of the third-parties if not more and has had games on practically every game machine since NES. It hasn't been confirmed that third-party characters will return and Sakurai and Konami may want to make use of this character.

Snake - Most games that have guest characters usually only have them once. If any game does that it should be Smash Bros. I'm sure Sakurai may want to prioritize Nintendo Characters in a Nintendo fighting game, and not have too many Third-Parties. We could have Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man, and though it's hard to imagine SSB without Sonic, there is the possibility either 3 will be too many and Sakurai may want a second third-party to have a chance. I just don't see third-parties as veterans, but Sonic seems too popular to leave. (I know Snake was added as a favor, but it was a request for him to make an appearance, not be a veteran for life. That'd be a pretty huge favor)

Mii - I think it's obvious he will use moves from Wii Sports, Wii Party, StreetPass Quest, and maybe even Pilot Wings Resort.

Costumes:

Villagette - I predict half of Villagers colors will be Boy, and the other half will be girl.

Dry Bowser - Either 1 costume or a second set like Wario & Villager.

If you have opinions or constructive Criticism, please give suggestions below.

(Credit to Ariand/AEM for making the Backgrounds of Palutena & Sheriff)

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
It's been said before by many others so I'll say it myself, being part of the main 12 does not guarantee you a spot in Smash Bros, especially since Ness was planned to be replaced in Melee and Jigglypuff was such low priority in Brawl. The only way Jigglypuff will get into Smash 4 is if its still as easy to create as it was in past titles, having to create two different models for both versions, and if they're willing to design Jigglypuff with new moves which would take more time. Regardless, Jigglypuff is in jeopardy at this point.
Though I have no concrete evidence for this I have reason to believe that for one, melee was the second smash game and Ness was a one time veteran at that point, the demographics of melee times could hardly be compared to now and low priority=/=cut obviously, they were willing to put effort into Jigglypuff still and on the waiting list was a clone and a semi-semi clone. And frankly given the likelihood of both games not being released at the same time the two different models is a non issue especially since there's no reason for them to not play the same and Jigglypuff likely will be as easy to create as past titles, even if they want to implement a new fairy type move for a special... Hey, the last character to get into brawl was a semi-semi clone I don't think making Jigglypuff should be that hard especially since it wouldn't be too complicated to give a reasonable HD makeover slightly edited copy paste of brawl puff.

Also I wouldn't say eevee's role in the pokemon games is as prominent as you say, OH MY GOD HE'S OCCASIONALLY A GIFT POKEMON! WE'RE REACHING HAPPINY TEIR EVERYBODY!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Look, the point is Genesect has already earned every merit he needs to be a newcomer in Smash, I'm pretty sure Sakurai wants a character that hasn't appeared, I'm pretty sure Pokemon Company would have told him about Genesect, HECK I wouldn't be surprised if the Pokemon company persuaded him to add Genesect!!! There is no reason to not have Genesect other than to please Lucario fans, and even Sakurai couldn't please Mewtwo fans in Brawl. I think what the Pokemon company wants the roster to be affects the outcome somehow.

Look at this:

I think Genesect fans should be a bigger priority because Lucario already got a chance to be playable, I know "Characters already being playable" is a dumb excuse, but even Mewtwo couldn't fit into Brawl's roster.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would agree on all, except for Eevee, who has always been big in the games and always decently represented in the anime.
Eevee isn't even the second most recurring Pokémon in the anime... that would be Meowth... so I don't get where you get the idea that Eevee has always been in the anime. There's May's Eevee but she isn't on the show for years... just like Jigglypuff.

I think saying that Eevee has always been big in the games is a bit of an overstatement.... Eevee was important in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, Pokémon Colosseum games, and Pokémon Conquest. That's it.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Also I wouldn't say eevee's role in the pokemon games is as prominent as you say, OH MY GOD HE'S OCCASIONALLY A GIFT POKEMON! WE'RE REACHING HAPPINY TEIR EVERYBODY!
As I said before, don't let your hate for a character deter their importance. Also, he's more than a gift pokemon. He's a gift pokemon in Red/Blue/Gold/Silver/FireRed/LeafGreen/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White/Black 2/White 2, starting pokemon in Colosseum, XD, Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, Pokemon Conquest, the main rival pokemon in Pokemon Yellow, normally catchable in Black 2/White 2, the big pokemon connected to Bill in Red/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen/Gold/Silver/HeartGold/SoulSilver, and is the very first pokemon to be confirmed obtainable in every generation of Pokemon, big role in the Pokemon Manga, and more. Eevee's alot more than your average pokemon. Also, what does that even have to do with anything? Pikachu's just your average everyday catchable pokemon. :p

I think saying that Eevee has always been big in the games is a bit of an overstatement.... Eevee was important in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, Pokémon Colosseum games, and Pokémon Conquest. That's it.
*Points above*

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
As I said before, don't let your hate for a character deter their importance. Also, he's more than a gift pokemon. He's a gift pokemon in Red/Blue/Gold/Silver/FireRed/LeafGreen/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White/Black 2/White 2, starting pokemon in Colosseum, XD, Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, Pokemon Conquest, the main rival pokemon in Pokemon Yellow, normally catchable in Black 2/White 2, the big pokemon connected to Bill in Red/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen/Gold/Silver/HeartGold/SoulSilver, and is the very first pokemon to be confirmed obtainable in every generation of Pokemon, big role in the Pokemon Manga, and more. Eevee's alot more than your average pokemon. Also, what does that even have to do with anything? Pikachu's just your average everyday catchable pokemon. :p
Eevee is important and always relevant, but with the current addition of Pokemon Trainer and the competition of Lucario, Mewtwo, and Genesect, I wouldn't get your hopes up. But, she is still deserving in every manner.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would love to see a Pokémon Smash game. We could have had many awesome stages from the Pokémon games instead of boring Pokémon Stadium.

Reznor

work in progress
No bidoof. Rumor dispersed.
forgot about Bidoof

Seriously dude, if you were going to do that joke you could've had the decency to add Omastar -_-
forgot about him also i'll add him in my next list

Not that this is relevant in any way, but there should totally be a 2D Pokemon fighting game. :p
yes there should be and now I wanna make a real roster for a made up Pokemon fighting game

Um, excuse me? You're missing one very important character.View attachment 1786
wouldn't he be too op ... na he wouldn't i'll add him for the next one

my post glitched or something my comment for Noah is gone and my quote for Tumbler is gone but the comment for tumbler is for noah now :crazy:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Eevee may have these impressive credentials but Pikachu is the mascot of the franchise, not Eevee. :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Genesect fans should be a bigger priority because Lucario already got a chance to be playable, I know "Characters already being playable" is a dumb excuse, but even Mewtwo couldn't fit into Brawl's roster.
It may be a bad excuse, but it actually helps their chances, like it or not, when it's kinda apparent that Sakurai is importing the characters from Brawl (most notably Link and Fox)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It may be a bad excuse, but it actually helps their chances, like it or not, when it's kinda apparent that Sakurai is importing the characters from Brawl (most notably Link and Fox)
Sounds like Sakurai is cutting corners again... I hope Link isn't still a bottom tier because Sakurai imported Brawl Link into SSB4.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...ds-wii-u-roster-reggieforsmashbros#supporters
I would like take this moment to share with you about a cause I truly care about. The above link will take you to a petition to get Reggie in sm4sh. Every signature counts and we need your help to get our favorite ***-kicking name-taking ready-bodied friend into sm4sh. Thank you for your time.
We've seen that.

Tbh, I feel the joke has been stretched to point where it's not funny anymore. :/

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Eevee could be seen as a secondary mascot to the franchise.
In the anime Pikachu beats out eevee's importance... Easily. In the games pikachu isn't really that important either, he's just often used as a promotion drawing point to younger fans that identify with the series. To be fair in pokemon yellow eevee was Blue's pokemon but other then that Eevee has SOMEWHAT consistently just been a gift pokemon... Or occasionally a wild poke. But do you know what's important to those games? POKEMON THAT HAVE AN IMPACT ON THE PLOT! Everything else is completely optional and inconsequential. And no, being a gift pokemon does not make you important even if you're a gift often. Clearly Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan were important to FR/LG haha no.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Change.org? Really? Isn't it the same website that told the whole world about Trayvon Martin? And you want to use it for superficial reasons such as adding a real-life person into a video game?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
In the anime Pikachu beats out eevee's importance... Easily. In the games pikachu isn't really that important either, he's just often used as a promotion drawing point to younger fans that identify with the series. To be fair in pokemon yellow eevee was Blue's pokemon but other then that Eevee has SOMEWHAT consistently just been a gift pokemon... Or occasionally a wild poke. But do you know what's important to those games? POKEMON THAT HAVE AN IMPACT ON THE PLOT! Everything else is completely optional and inconsequential. And no, being a gift pokemon does not make you important even if you're a gift often. Clearly Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan were important to FR/LG haha no.
I think the hate for Eevee is getting your head. By the way, what playable Pokemon from Smash has ever been important to the plot?

Wario's Fart

Smash Rookie
Change.org? Really? Isn't it the same website that told the whole world about Trayvon Martin? And you want to use it for superficial reasons such as adding a real-life person into a video game?
no idea about the website. just saw the reggie thing thought it was funny and wanted to see what might happen with it

Reznor

work in progress
in the GC games eevee is your starter and in another you get 2 eeveelutions as your starters

Eeveelutions are also often used to advertise new gens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom