• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
@Pacman9

That's probably because I was the one who posted it :laugh:
I remember being there for that one. Someone kept arguing with me about why I said he could be cut, and people were like ZOMG blarg blargy blarg. And I was the one who was like, "He's either planned from the beginning, or he's cut form the beginning." I really hope he returns though, I hate cuts. They're sharp. And not sharp as in well-dressed or cheese. Sharp as in ow.

@Makai Wars

Why would PKMN Trainer (Red) not be likely to return when today confirmed that Sakurai is definitely going for unique gameplay? A triple switcher (AKA unique gameplay) who represents Pokemon video games at their core and has Charizard to boot isn't going anywhere.

And the arguably 3rd biggest Starfox character confuses you as to why he's included? What? It's the perfect formula, hero, sidekick, and villain/rival.

And why wouldn't you consider 2 time vet status? Mr. G&W is a unique and interesting fighter in the game, plus is an important figure in Ninty gaming history. I think it's pretty safe at this point to say the 64 and Melee vets who made it to Brawl will most likely make it to 4/5.

Lucario ain't going anywhere. As has been said many times, Pokemon this time around is like 90% probably going to be Pikachu, Jiggs, PKMN Trainer (Red), Lucario, and Mewtwo. Those are literally the most prominent and well known Pokemon characters in the whole series. Period. Except Jiggs. She's just a large piece of Smash history.

Ike is a little grey for me, since Marth is the only FE character to return multiple times, but I think Ike stands a far larger chance to be safe than Roy did, especially since Ike is seen as the face of FE's movement to NA.

R.O.B. is the only one I really don't care about because he just seems like a bland and boring character to me with an uninspired moveset. Though his history in Nintendo is nothing to take lightly.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
GUESS WHO'S IN HYRULE WARRIORS ASSHOLES?

Mother****ing Impa! With a mother****ing SWORD!

Told you this was only the beginning! :reverse:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Impa being in Hyrule Warriors doesn't mean she is in Smash.

By that logic, when Melee was released, Impa had appeared in Ocarina of Time and the Oracle games, therefore she would be in Melee, right? Well, we know what happened...

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
GUESS WHO'S IN HYRULE WARRIORS *******S?

Mother****ing Impa! With a mother****ing SWORD!

Told you this was only the beginning! :reverse:

Soon, my friend. First, Warriors. Second, SMASH.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa being in Hyrule Warriors doesn't mean she is in Smash.

By that logic, when Melee was released, Impa had appeared in Ocarina of Time and the Oracle games, therefore she would be in Melee, right? Well, we know what happened...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As Frostwraith says, Impa being in Hyrule Warriors doesn't mean she is in Smash.

However, it does mean that her fighter design from Skyward Sword seems to be sticking around, at least for spin-offs. After a minor character like Rosalina got in and boosted the Mario franchise to 5 characters, I don't see Impa as an impossibility anymore. However, I still don't see her as terribly likely, and if she's in she'll be a seperate character and won't replace Sheik. We'll see, it all depends on if Sakurai thinks she's unique enough and can differ herself enough from Sheik in terms of fighting, because after Sakurai's comments on how much it hurts to cut characters I don't believe he has any intentions to cut any characters just to get someone similar in instead.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, right. I forgot you are the kind of person incapable of logical thinking and good argumentation.

Continue being deluded and spamming Impa pictures nonstop. I think you will definitely be taken more seriously like that. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside, there's no denying that Impa's appearance in Hyrule Warriors means jack squat regarding her appearance in Smash. If you are unwilling to accept that fact, I will know you're just some deluded fanboy who doesn't listen to reason.

Now, if Impa becomes playable in Smash and offers a unique moveset, then I'll be willing try her out. Before anyone argues that Rosalina was added for recency, mind her unique moveset. I think that is the reason Sakurai considered her and she looks amazing to play as. The combination attacks with Luma are, indeed, something I never thought for her.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Either way guys, to avoid stumpling into Impa Kong rage territory again, I reflected upon Rosalina's inclusion earlier today, and what she shares in common with the past announced newcomers.

I think we've been putting too little emphasis on this specific quote by Sakurai:

Sakurai said:
When we’re looking at candidates for new characters, we get a list of characters that people are interested in and we go through those with a fine tooth comb. The biggest feature we look at in Smash Bros is, what does this character bring to Smash Bros that other characters don’t?
We see early on in the quote that popularity is a factor, but uniqueness seems to overwrite it.

Here's another quote:

Sakurai said:
If I have an image of a character in my mind that dances around and jibes with what I want, then that's the most important thing.

On the other hand, even if you have a character suited for a fighting game, if you can't make him stick out from the pack and extract something unique from him, then what can you do?
This just further emphasizes it. What's basically being said is that even if someone like Ridley (just an example, you know I don't think this way about him) is super popular it might not matter much, if Sakurai can't find a way to really make him stand out, then he won't be included. The tables seem to have been turned since Brawl, where popularity was one of, if not the biggest factor.

It has actually been pretty obvious since E3 that this was the most important criteria, I feel many of us have just chosen to ignore it and go the Brawl way. If we look at the 3 initial newcomers:

Villager attacks with a bunch of tools and other everyday objects. Pretty much no one except an AC character could pull this off.

Mega Man uses artillery for nearly all of his attacks. He is so projectile heavy that even his jab and F-Smash are projectiles. Only Mega Man has a history of having such a big arsenal of weaponry to build an entire moveset out of different weapons, not even Samus can boast that (and obviously isn't made that way in Smash).

Wii Fit Trainer beats up other people with fitness moves. I dare you to find another Nintendo character that can do this.

Those three already do things that the rest of the cast can't do, and most other Nintendo characters can't do.

That's where we get to Rosalina. Despite being under the foot of Toad, Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. in both popularity and importance, she triumphed over all 3 of them. That can't be credited to Rosalina I'm sure though, but more so her little companion, the Luma. Sure this kind of "can be at two places at once" puppet character has been seen before in other video games, but what's important is that it isn't in Smash Bros yet, and that there are few other Nintendo characters with any sort of popularity that'd be able to pull that concept off. That's probably why Sakurai feels the need to include Luma in her name on the website, and the same for the Pikmins and Olimar, because it's what sets her apart from the rest, and what ultimately lead to her being chosen over a smaller Bowser, a flat Mario and what Sakurai seemingly sees as a meat shield.

This emphasis on uniqueness, and doing things that other characters can't, really bodes well for characters like K. Rool and Little Mac.

K. Rool has such a big arsenal of personas that he could borrow from, basically putting 4 different identities into one character (King, Kaptain, Baron and Boxer). This kind of character seems right up Sakurai's alley.
Little Mac does what no one else can by being a character who fights by only punching, this is very relatable to why Wii Fit Trainer was included.
What we also learned from Rosalina is that even lesser characters can be chosen to be included over characters that are both more important and more requested. This opens the way for some more obscure characters, as long as they have something that can really set them apart then relevancy and other arguments can go down the drain.

This does however also work against some characters. I feel that the biggest characters that are hit by this are Dixie Kong, Chrom and Pac-Man.

Dixie Kong was always destined to end up a semi-clone, because aside from her hair-copter she really doesn't have too much going for her, and the potential of one move doesn't make a character. If she can fight with her hair all the way through then she might have a chance, but that means that she'll be a completely unique newcomer instead of being a last minute semi-clone, which pits her against K. Rool, unless of course Sakurai has two additional DKC spots reserved.
Chrom is a blue-haired swordsman who wields the Falchion, do I need to say more? I know there are ways to make him unique, but that requires you to dig deep, and Sakurai seems to be choosing characters who has a very obvious unique thing about them. Even then Chrom can never escape how he visually looks a lot like a combination both Marth and Ike. This could lead to Sakurai choosing someone like the Avatar over Chrom, despite not being as popular.
Pac-Man is a ball with arms and legs that eats things. Or that's Kirby, I wouldn't be able to tell. What else can he do that'd truly make him stand out from the crowd in the same way as the currently announced newcomers? I can't think of anything, but I'm not a big Pac-Man fan either, so I probably wouldn't know either way. Point is that his main gimmick is already taken.

I feel characters that might edge this, or rather that I'm unsure of, are Ridley and Mii.

For Ridley it depends on if Sakurai really sees him as more than a generic dragon and if he can pass him off as something more than an alternate Charizard. Of course Charizard's uniqueness lies in that he's part of a trio character, and Ridley's uniqueness would come from being the only aerial oriented heavy weight character, plus Ridley attacks much more ruthlessly and with much more range than Charizard does, but I'm wondering if those unique aspects aren't as obvious as they are for the currently announced newcomers, or if Sakurai even sees those unique aspects. We won't be able to tell until a confirmation or deconfirmation.
Mii is kind of in the same boat, it depends on if Sakurai can make them feel, move and fight differently from Villager.

Either way, sorry for the wall of text, but this is my post-reflection on Rosalina's announcement.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Users: 5
>Only four names.

Hi Habanero. ♫

Villager attacks with a bunch of tools and other everyday objects. Pretty much no one except an AC character could pull this off.
:gw:

I figured it was natural that Villager would use tools like the slingshot and shovel, but I didn't imagine him to be this much of a "kitchen sink character". Pulling weeds out of nowhere, fireworks, Gyroids...

Then again, I guess there's not much else they could pull moves from other than having Villager swing his axe and net for most of his A moves.

Yeah, it does seem like the unique playstyle criteria is top priority for Sakurai this time around.

Does anyone else think the chances of a Nintendo Wars character (like Andy) have increased?
I saw a moveset for him and it looked very fun to play as in my mind. ♫
Never cared for the Wars series, but I certainly would like a character from it in Smash.

I also wonder if Sakurai checks out the Make Your Move threads on here...

----

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Dr. Kawashima can also use everyday school subjects as attacks. Pretty much no one except Kawashima can pull this off. :troll:

Does anyone else think the chances of a Nintendo Wars character (like Andy) have increased?
I saw a moveset for him and it looked very fun to play as in my mind.
Never cared for the Wars series, but I certainly would like a character from it in Smash.

I also wonder if Sakurai checks out the Make Your Move threads on here...

----
Not really, maybe for characters who just became playable in their respective series. (Anna, Waddle Dee, Cranky, Rosalina)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That's kind of true, though I'd argue G&W's gimmick is his lack of real animations and flat body. His moveset, in how it works, is fairly standard, maybe the hammer being his main gimmick. Plus, he's limited to the G&W games, Villager has so much stuff to work with, it's crazy. But yeah, you are right, Villager is pretty much a very amplified G&W actually.

Dr. Kawashima can also use everyday school subjects as attacks. Pretty much no one except Kawashima can pull this off. :troll:
Despite the troll face you're actually kind of right. There are few characters that can claim they're a floating head with floating limbs, closest I can think of is Rayman, and he's still got a whole body, not to mention he's 3rd party.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
But would he have a unique playstyle? Like one that would "train your brain" somehow?
Would his "educational attacks" be something more than just generic projectiles that look like equations?

I could see something unique happening with his Final Smash. ♪

Kawashima transports everyone to a basic, flat, white room where a random problem appears in the background.

The other fighters must solve the problem (by attacking possible solutions that appear or something?) within a certain time limit or receive heavy knockback (maybe even get instant KO'd)

But what about his other moves? Can't think of anything unique there for the moment...

I wouldn't mind having Kawashima in Smash if he brought with him a unique, interesting, and fun playstyle. ♬

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
But would he have a unique playstyle?
My proposed playstyle:
Dr. Kawashima starts as a slow but fast attacker. As you keep attacking your opponents (about 5 times to get 5 EXP points), you gain your level goes up one, just like in the Concentration Training (In which you go up a level depending on the amount of correct answers you get). The maximum level is 5, which turns him into Devilish Kawashima. In which Kawashima is x1.5 better on all stats. Although if you get hit enough times, you go down a level, lowering your overall stats. Although additional things like dodging at the right time allows you to gain an EXP point. Being KOed will automatically lower his stats to level 1. You can also gain EXP through a special move called Concentrate. Dr. Kawashima is a heavy character, it kinda figures for his big head. He is relatively slow in speed, but surprisingly powerful. Mastering Kawashima requires the player to not get hit, in order to gain EXP points for better stats.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Sometimes, I feel as only me and Diddy wouldn't mind Impa replacing Sheik, being switchable from Zelda, or maybe that may just be me and my everlasting support for Vaati
Not really just you, I support the cause despite being a former Sheik main in Melee. As long as we get some form of Strider Hiryu-esque mad speed and that fair in a character, I'm all good. If Sheik does get cut for Impa, I'd go with Vaati as a 5th. If no cuts, then Impa is my 5th.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Thanks. I feel pretty bad. I just hope the sickness carries over to tomorrow. That way, I get an early Christmas break. I just hope I'm not sick on Christmas DAY.

Also, I'm not a troll. That's just my punch line. T_T

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As Frostwraith says, Impa being in Hyrule Warriors doesn't mean she is in Smash.

However, it does mean that her fighter design from Skyward Sword seems to be sticking around, at least for spin-offs. After a minor character like Rosalina got in and boosted the Mario franchise to 5 characters, I don't see Impa as an impossibility anymore. However, I still don't see her as terribly likely, and if she's in she'll be a seperate character and won't replace Sheik. We'll see, it all depends on if Sakurai thinks she's unique enough and can differ herself enough from Sheik in terms of fighting, because after Sakurai's comments on how much it hurts to cut characters I don't believe he has any intentions to cut any characters just to get someone similar in instead.
How doesn't it mean she's in Smash? It's a legitimate Zelda game, that just happens to crossover with another series. I don't see it being a spin-off at all, not too much infact to alienate it from the main series. Link seems to be finding items still, opening chests, getting new items and skills as he progresses, boss battles... What exactly makes this spin-off?

I always knew Impa was going to stick around and would be revealed in the next Zelda game to have an important role. Skyward Sword was only the beginning of her becoming a staple as I told many times before.

Why would Sakurai even be bothered by Impa being a Sheikah, thus to some being 'too similar to Sheik'? She clearly isn't. Sheik has a made up moveset, Impa can have a moveset on her own based on two appearances: Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors. With or without sword, with or without Zelda, with or without taking moves from Sheik, with or without replacing her. In short: ideal candidate for Smash.

Rosalina before was considered to be 'too much like Peach'. Guess what happened? Rosalina & Luma. If anything Rosalina's reveal is anything to go by, I have far bigger faith in Sakurai making original movesets. And I doubt Zelda will not get a newcomer. Heck, I could even see Mario with another newcomer, or at the slightest at least bring Dr.Mario back.

Why wouldn't Sakurai add a Zelda newcomer anyway? Mario, Zelda and Pokémon are the biggest series anyway of Nintendo.

I waited a long time for this... But it's really time some of you should see the light in the matter ;)

I think the real question is; is Sheik in Hyrule Warriors?
Most likely not. Zelda has been revealed though, but not on the battle field, but behind a barrier much like in the final battle against Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. I think it's safe to assume she won't be a fighter. And if she isn't a fighter, Sheik isn't either, neither will she be in anyway. I honestly even doubt Ganon(dorf) is in this game.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sometimes, I feel as only me and Diddy wouldn't mind Impa replacing Sheik, being switchable from Zelda, or maybe that may just be me and my everlasting support for Vaati

Nah. I don't give a toss about Sheik either; doesn't really deserve that eternal spot on the roster. I certainly don't want a Toon Sheik in this time. Tetra if we have to have a transforming Toon Zelda...or maybe Phantom Zelda.

I'm a little indifferent to Impa(wouldn't say I'm a fan but don't hate her either), but she's at least reoccurring and thus slightly more important to Zelda overall than Sheik.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Ya know, if you guys wanna to play as Mewtwo, just get Project M. It's a great mod for SSBB that removes random tripping (halleluiah) and also balances the Roster so that No-one's over powered or too weak. It's really good. The best inclusion was Turbo Mode. It replaces Curry Brawl and you can cancel ANY attack on hit. Turbo (item) is also available and it replaces Super Spicy Curry. There's also new stages and some of the ******** hazards that were in the game were removed. The new stages go over old ones, though. Mewtwo is completely separate from Lucario and downloading requires no hacked Wiis, just a 2-Gigabyte SD card. You have to delete all of your custom stages, though, but I just moved them to a different SD card, which works, too.:awesome: They also add Roy as a completely separate character from Marth. Mewtwo was significantly buffed, as was Roy. For a list of changes from Melee to PM, go here:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Roy_(PM)
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Mewtwo_(PM)
Characters also get Alt. Costumes, similar to Wario's 2 clothing styles. Mewtwo gets armored Mewtwo, which is awesome:). Pretty much, it makes the game more like Melee, such as increasing overall dash speed, falling speed, making the game more offensive, etc. For a full list of Universal changes and changes in general, go here:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Project_M

Also, I totally forgot. Dr. Mario is Mario's Alt. Costume, and both Mewtwo and Roy have final smashes.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I know about the Forums. They're cool. Also, hey, hey, hey. Ya know what would be SUPER,SUPER, SUPER awesome? Instead of bringing back Dr. Mario, bring on Dr. Luigi. He play similarly to Dr. Mario, but be a fresher addition to the Roster. Seriously, when was the last time an OFFICIAL Dr. Mario game was released. (By official, I mean advertised heavily and actually being able to buy it retail.) I know that Dr. Luigi is not retail, but I think it could be an interesting replacement for Dr. Mario. Plus, we need to honor the year of Luigi, which is being carried over to 2014. What do you guys think?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Wariofan1: I get where you are coming from with your argument, and I mostly agree, but you need to keep a couple of things in mind. First off, picking Dixie Kong, Ridley and Chrom to emphasize a point with Rosalina does a disservice to those characters. Remember, it wasn't too long ago some of us in this community were saying she was a pallete swap at best because she ran the risk of being a semi-Peach clone. It's easy call those arguments ludicrous in hindsight. Secondly, we also must keep in mind that this is the same man that has given us Dr. Mario, Pichu, Falco, Young Link, Roy, Capt. Ganondorf, and arguably Lucas and Wolf. While gameplay is important, Not every character is a reinvention of the wheel; some of them are built atop another, and some for reasons other than purely gameplay. While Sakurai, obviously, aims for gameplay first, it also isn't the only criteria. Eerything balances itself out.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I know about the Forums. They're cool. Also, hey, hey, hey. Ya know what would be SUPER,SUPER, SUPER awesome? Instead of bringing back Dr. Mario, bring on Dr. Luigi. He play similarly to Dr. Mario, but be a fresher addition to the Roster. Seriously, when was the last time an OFFICIAL Dr. Mario game was released. (By official, I mean advertised heavily and actually being able to buy it retail.) I know that Dr. Luigi is not retail, but I think it could be an interesting replacement for Dr. Mario. Plus, we need to honor the year of Luigi, which is being carried over to 2014. What do you guys think?

First I think Nintendo don't know how years work.

Secondly, alt outfit please, although I'm sure most would prefer Mr. L if Luigi was to get an alt first.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
How doesn't it mean she's in Smash? It's a legitimate Zelda game, that just happens to crossover with another series. I don't see it being a spin-off at all, not too much infact to alienate it from the main series. Link seems to be finding items still, opening chests, getting new items and skills as he progresses, boss battles... What exactly makes this spin-off?
""The trailer you just saw is not the next installment to Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda series." - Iwata
It's a spin-off in the sense that it is not an official installment in the main series. That's not to say that Impa being in it wouldn't help her out though.

Bajef8

Smash Ace

I always knew Impa was going to stick around and would be revealed in the next Zelda game to have an important role. Skyward Sword was only the beginning of her becoming a staple as I told many times before.

Why would Sakurai even be bothered by Impa being a Sheikah, thus to some being 'too similar to Sheik'? She clearly isn't. Sheik has a made up moveset, Impa can have a moveset on her own based on two appearances: Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors. With or without sword, with or without Zelda, with or without taking moves from Sheik, with or without replacing her. In short: ideal candidate for Smash.

Rosalina before was considered to be 'too much like Peach'. Guess what happened? Rosalina & Luma. If anything Rosalina's reveal is anything to go by, I have far bigger faith in Sakurai making original movesets. And I doubt Zelda will not get a newcomer. Heck, I could even see Mario with another newcomer, or at the slightest at least bring Dr.Mario back.

Why wouldn't Sakurai add a Zelda newcomer anyway? Mario, Zelda and Pokémon are the biggest series anyway of Nintendo.

I waited a long time for this... But it's really time some of you should see the light in the matter ;)

Most likely not. Zelda has been revealed though, but not on the battle field, but behind a barrier much like in the final battle against Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. I think it's safe to assume she won't be a fighter. And if she isn't a fighter, Sheik isn't either, neither will she be in anyway. I honestly even doubt Ganon(dorf) is in this game.
Your ignorant about Impa just for the fact you said she is becoming a staple in the Zelda series. She is and has been a staple. She's been around since the 8-16 bit days. She has always been a supporting and minor role, just like Toad. She is the Zelda series' Toad.

And if Impa is a fighter in Hyrule Warriors, you really think that Ganondorf or even Sheik won't be in some form?

Plus she has 1 game to somehow pull moves from as you suggest, not 2, seeing as Hyrule Warriors just got announced and I highly doubt Sakurai would just give her a sword to make her stick out -___-

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
To start a new topic:

With the surprising reveal of Rosalina, how would people feel if the new DK rep was Cranky Kong?

Personally, I love the idea!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

You ask me how it doesn't mean she's in Smash. I ask you how does it mean she's in Smash? It means she has a chance, it doesn't mean she is definitely in.

Toad is a staple character too, much more to Mario than Impa is to Zelda even, but is still a meat shield and was pushed aside by Rosalina. Being a staple character, which Impa has been for a long time mind you, doesn't give a character an automatic ticket into Smash Bros. Moveset potential and demand seemingly does. Does Impa have that? Yes. Other Zelda characters have that too, and many other characters from many other franchises also have it. There's big competition all across the board.

Hyrule Warriors is a spin-off. Iwata straight out says it's not part of the main Zelda line in the Direct. If that's not a confirmation on the fact, I don't know what is.

As for the Sheik comment, like I said, it depends on if Sakurai sees Impa as someone who can differ a lot from the current cast. I have no doubts that Impa can have a completely unique moveset, but it depends on if Sakurai sees that, and of course I can't answer that. There are so many characters that has so much unique potential, sure I'll give you that Impa is a candidate with the reveal of Rosalina, but don't act like she's a shoo-in, because she's one of many characters. Rosalina offered the potential for a puppet character, something very few other Nintendo characters can, and that's the reason she got in despite being a minor character. Does Impa offer anything nearly as unique? That's a genuine question btw, since I'm not too smart on Impa, but can she do any tricks that other Nintendo characters can't?

And not to throw gas into the fire, but Zelda is quite some ways under Mario and Pokémon. Mario and Pokémon are the two best selling video game franchises of all-time, Zelda is like the 8th or something, can't remember exactly, but it's quite some ways behind Pokémon. I've never really gotten the mentality that those 3 series are supposed to follow each other, just because a Mario character was cut in Brawl. Not to mention Sakurai counts transformations as individual characters. Zelda has potential for a 5th character, but it's not guaranteed, and even then Impa isn't guaranteed to get that slot either, though she is a contender.

Waited a long time? Skyward Sword was released in what? 2011? Not to sound like an ass, but that's only 2 years. Next year I'm having my 10th year anniversary waiting for Ridley, even when I was speculating pre-Brawl at Brawl Central I had waited for Ridley longer than you've waited for Impa right now. So yeah, I know what it's like having waited a long time.

I'm not saying Impa is impossible, in fact I think she's possible now, but I just want you to understand that she's in no way a certainty. I'm not trying to post negative on Impa, even if I don't support her inclusion, but just posting my thought on her possibility. No newcomers are certain, not even Little Mac, so putting Impa on a pedestal higher than everyone else is a bit silly. It's okay to really want something, but you've gotta try and have a realistic perception of their chances too, and given that Impa does have a chance now I don't see why you'd want to avoid that. Heck, when I followed my bias pre-Brawl I was 100% certain Ridley was going to make it, and boy was I met with dissapointment, so I've learned to be better than that.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is manage your expectations. EDIT: Boy this is a long post.

To start a new topic:

With the surprising reveal of Rosalina, how would people feel if the new DK rep was Cranky Kong?

Personally, I love the idea!
Cranky instead of Dixie? Cool. Cranky instead of K. Rool? **** no!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom