• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
My first game was some Scooby Doo PC game. My first "real" game was Frogger, I can't remember what system that was on. Mortal Kombat was the first game I ever loved.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My first game was Pokémon Gold. :)
Mine:

First game I ever played was Mario Bros. 3 on the NES, but I thought it was too hard so I didn't like it. The NES was my cousin's though, so I only borrowed it, but my parents really liked it back in the day.

In fact, my mother could 100% Donkey Kong Country 1.

Yes, my mother.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
My first game was either Donkey Kong 64 or Pokemon Crystal, I don't remember which one, but they both have special places in my house, I still have my Limited edition Donkey Kong 64 bundle, with the Jungle Green N64.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I only started getting into gaming around the time of the Wii's release, which as a result made the Wii my first video game console.
I had never really been interested in games beforehand, but I suppose it was about time that Nintendo hooked me in. Needless to say, I am a diehard Mario fan.
I suppose my first real game (in other words not Wii Sports/Play) was Guitar Hero III. My first MARIO game was Mario Kart Wii. I wasn't necessarily a Nintendo fan yet, but I adored Mario.
Soon I got a DS, and I played my first true Mario game, New Super Mario Bros.
Then I got Brawl. Oh what a glorious Christmas that was. I got other games, but none stood close to being as amazing as Brawl was. Brawl introduced me to a bunch of series I had never really thought about beforehand. Kirby, Zelda, Metroid, and more. Most recently Pokémon, but that was mainly my friends who got me into that.
My newfound interest in gaming as a whole is also a good reason why I started to look back at retro titles, which I immediately feel in love with.
In summary, Brawl is essentially the reason that I am the gigantic Nintendo fan I am today. If I had never owned it, I feel that I would just be a bland teenage gamer. Call of Duty and all. I had considered it at one point actually, but then I decided that it would not only stray me from Nintendo, but from who I really was.
So that's my history as a gamer I suppose. Just sharing because I saw other people doing it. And I guess it also explains my love for Smash Bros. I hold it closer to my heart than any other game series out there. Even Mario (barely).

D

Deleted member

My first game was:

This game is the reason why I am a Nintendo fan. I remember when I was little and I would just replay the first few levels after school when I was 6 or 7. While I mostly played the first few levels, I still played on the other levels and I have fond memories for every single level. I still replay this game to this day and I think that it has held up quite well. While I love the Galaxy games, 3D Land, and 3D World, I wish that they would make another 3D Mario game like Super Mario 64 where you can explore these worlds at your leisure.
I hope that the ReUmagined rumor is true and that they remake Super Mario 64 with beautiful HD graphics. That would make me cry tears of nostalgia. (and I hope that you can play as Luigi)

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
My first game was on the NES, but i was living in Singapore at the time, so we had some weird game that had like, 20 games on it and i cant recall what it was named (probably something in another language.) It actually had Super Mario Bros, Mario arcade, Pacman and Tanks, but then the rest were strange, like a space ship flying through space that turns into a robot (badass, but served no purpose) Mappy, and Popeye. I cant play it anymore because i dont own a PAL TV :(

Good Times

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
ah I remember my first game, I was six and home alone crawling around in the garage with my brother behind me, we were just playing around with some old boxes, then my parents came home and saw us in there, my mom was actually flustered with me back then or something, think I messed with something of hers, but anyway my dad went to go get us and took us to the living room, he grab something from behind the TV and plugged it in, it was a snes but back then it just looked like a small box with something hanging out of it, he handed my brother the controller and switched the TV to the game, and on the screen came up the words "Super Mario World", and after that me and my brother just sat their the entire night not even moving from the screen, we just kept on taking turns after we die, but back then I always seemed to die after by the first or second enemy though, I can't remember how far we got an all, heck I'm not even sure we got pass the first level, but we just stood there the entire time, I'm not even sure we went to bed, all in all that was just a start of my journey of gaming . . .
. . .
. . . ah the memory's
thank you Nintendo for my childhood. . .

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah something like that. I think most people would be fine with this right?
I'd be fine with this. (and this is coming from a guy who loves melee)
I love Brawl Plus,but I have Project M,because the new attacks,Mewtwo,Roy and Turbo Mode,but I prefer Brawl Plus mechanics.
This was my first and is one of my favorites games.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
My first game was on the NES, but i was living in Singapore at the time, so we had some weird game that had like, 20 games on it and i cant recall what it was named (probably something in another language.) It actually had Super Mario Bros, Mario arcade, Pacman and Tanks, but then the rest were strange, like a space ship flying through space that turns into a robot (badass, but served no purpose) Mappy, and Popeye. I cant play it anymore because i dont own a PAL TV :(

Good Times
At first I thought your first game was action 52 XD, but weird i never heard of that one.

Dang man you guys had some awesome first games, mine wasn't that awesome :p but the games after made up for it :D

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Since you're on the topic of games:

I played various games when I was younger but the first one I actually owned was SMBDX for GBC.
Good times. Got it along with the GBC either for my birthday or for Christmas in 1999 or 2000.

I also had Looney Tunes Collector: Alert. I think it came along with SMBDX, but I can't exactly remember.

I also got Pokemon Gold for either my b-day or Christmas sometime the year after. It was my first Pokemon game, but I played Pokemon Blue shortly after. I kept finding cartridges in various places...like in the car. Might've been the same cartridge.

On a related note, I found a Pokemon Silver cartridge around 2005 in one of my bedroom drawers... Really random. Maybe a friend left it there or something?

Morbi

Scavenger
At first I thought your first game was action 52 XD, but weird i never heard of that one.

Dang man you guys had some awesome first games, mine wasn't that awesome :p but the games after made up for it :D
The random Scooby Doo PC game was an awesome first game? I just pride myself on the notion that one of my first games being Mortal Kombat. Most people would probably think that my mother was horrible; but that isn't the case at all.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
My first game was Diddy Kong Racing, and to make it even better my whole family loved it. I wasn't around to show it, but when Diddy Kong was revealed for Brawl I was so...basically the opposite of that famous line that Ghirahim says.
So when Diddy is revealed again, I will still scream like a fanboy. Even though I know that he's a lock.

Morbi

Scavenger
Like Zelda and Ganondorf.
The triforce is crap...
Really? Don't disrespect the Triforce! Those are my mains!

Yeah they are kind of the worst characters in the game and I am a masochist for enjoying them. Just kidding, they are not even that bad in FFA which is what I play most of the time.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
The first game I can ever remember playing was Super Mario Bros. I/III in a hospital waiting room, haha. 64 was my jam, though, and the 64 Lego Racing, Smash 64, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Dr. Mario 64, The 64 Tetris, StarFox 64, Golden Eye 007, the 64 James Bond game (unless that and Golden Eye are the same thing), Mario Party 2...

I miss playing all those games now, haha. The 64 still works, but all the games we had are gone now except for Dr. Mario and Tetris.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My first game was Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom on the Gamecube. I got it and the Gamecube for Christmas. I also got The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, which was the beginning of what would later turn me into the avid Zelda fan I am today, as well as Namco Musuem Arrangment. Some great Christmas games indeed.

I would truly become a Nintendo fan when I began to play Luigi's Mansion. I've always enjoyed fiction involving ghosts, and Luigi's Mansion is no exception. This was also the first game I ever played that Mario was in. Since there was a Pikmin trailer included with Luigi's Mansion, I watched it, which is what got me interested in Pikmin. Although my mom could only find Pikmin 2 when she first searched, I still found it to be greatly enjoyable. The experience of playing through many games the first time is always one of the best experiences you can get out of a game, in my opinion at least. I fought the Titan Dweevil numerous times, sometimes giving up. It took many tries to keep enough Pikmin alive throughout Dream Den and strategy planning during the final fight, but I eventually defeated it, and I very happy to have finally defeated it.

For one of my birthdays, my cousin got me Super Smash Bros. Melee. That was where I started with Smash, and when I saw a poster for Brawl at a DVD/Game store, I was such a Smash fan by that time that I had to get it then and there.

Morbi

Scavenger
The first game I can ever remember playing was Super Mario Bros. I/III in a hospital waiting room, haha. 64 was my jam, though, and the 64 Lego Racing, Smash 64, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Dr. Mario 64, The 64 Tetris, StarFox 64, Golden Eye 007, the 64 James Bond game (unless that and Golden Eye are the same thing), Mario Party 2...

I miss playing all those games now, haha. The 64 still works, but all the games we had are gone now except for Dr. Mario and Tetris.
Yeah, Golden Eye is the 64 game. Haha.

The 64 was the first console that I really divulged in.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The random Scooby Doo PC game was an awesome first game? I just pride myself on the notion that one of my first games being Mortal Kombat. Most people would probably think that my mother was horrible; but that isn't the case at all.
Lol maybe. XD

Anyway my first legit game was Kirby's dream land.....so that explains why I think kirby's awesome.

But the most nostalgic game for me was the original AC, so much christmas memories, when all my family was together havin fun. Every time i hear the AC music it always hits me right in the nostalgia....

First smash game was melee tho, then I found out about 64, the pokemon stadium melee theme/stage always gets me, its so nostalgically epic, I always choose link at that time messing around with my sis who always picked sheik, good times. Oh and she was really good, tourney level good. But granted at that time the west coast used items for their tourneys... :p

Sorry for rambling.

Edit: How could I forget the megaman series?! those games were awesome, got each one as they came out.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054

I wouldnt wish action 52 on my enemies hahaha.

No seriously that game is balls.

Im pretty sure it was PAL only so its likely that not alot of people had it.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Yeah, Golden Eye is the 64 game. Haha.

The 64 was the first console that I really divulged in.
Nintendo was my life growing up as far as video games were concerned. Then I basically inherited onwership of my brother's GameCube (I remember the day he bought it and brought it back home), and it was my everything until the laser broke, and I didn't have any money to replace it or get a new one. :( The controllers are still here, though, haha, and the GameCube itself is as well and starts up fine, just won't read any disks.

EDIT:

My first game was Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom on the Gamecube.
Oh man, how could I forget about that game? That game was awesome! Haha, I repped the GameCube demo disk - Sonic Heroes, Soulcalibur II, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg were among my favorites - until it got lost, and I had more fun with those demos than anything ever for the longest time.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I wouldnt wish action 52 on my enemies hahaha.

No seriously that game is balls.

Im pretty sure it was PAL only so its likely that not alot of people had it.
But this theme tho.....

Actually the worst game of all time is crazy bus, seriously you play that game, you'll end up in a ward or something.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I started gaming at two, played Pokémon Crystal and beat it, full Pokedex. Can't do that to this day. How did I do it in the first place..? My first console game was the original Street Fighter, and the first game that got me into gaming was Brawl, where I thought Samus was some weird palette swap of Master Chief.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
You can say the same thing for many characters.

My favorite is Roy.
Yep, characters like Bowser, Zelda, Link etc are now very solid. Roy himself is even way better, I mean he can still combo'd really bad but at least now he can counter with some combos himself.

Morbi

Scavenger
Lol maybe. XD

Anyway my first legit game was Kirby's dream land.....so that explains why I think kirby's awesome.

But the most nostalgic game for me was the original AC, so much christmas memories, when all my family was together havin fun. Every time i hear the AC music it always hits me right in the nostalgia....

First smash game was melee tho, then I found out about 64, the pokemon stadium melee theme/stage always gets me, its so nostalgically epic, I always choose link at that time messing around with my sis who always picked sheik, good times. Oh and she was really good, tourney level good. But granted at that time the west coast used items for their tourneys... :p

Sorry for rambling.
I have so many nostalgic games, and surprisingly, they are all from Nintendo (aside from MK, MK 2, MK 3, MK 4, MK Deadly Alliance, MK Deception, etc.). I honestly think that Luigi's Mansion and Melee are some of the most nostalgic. Back when I believed in Sandy Claws (and religion) Christmas was an exciting and memorable time of the year. Those were my first two Gamecube games purchased from my Father (who was unfortunately incarcerated). So I truly love those games.

Pokemon Stadium and Mario 64 were my first Nintendo 64 games. They have a special place in my heart, but they can never truly compare.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
But this theme tho.....

Actually the worst game of all time is crazy bus, seriously you play that game, you'll end up in a ward or something.
LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION 52!!!

I usually listen to AVGN, especially when he says a game is so bad that you shouldn't even download a rom for it.

D

Deleted member

At this point, this is the last chance for almost every possible newcomer out there. If a character doesn't get in now, they are probably never going to get in.

With characters that failed to get into Melee and Brawl, there were at least plenty of them that had circumstances that allowed them to be contenders for the next game. This time, not so much. If Ridley fails to get in, Sakurai will have made up his mind that he isn't worthy of a playable spot. If King K. Rool fails to get in, he will slip into obscurity and his popularity and relevance will collapse as Cranky Kong rises to be a contender in SSB5. If Little Mac fails to get in, Sakurai will not see him as viable. So on and so on. It is not just recurring series newcomers that are in a "now or never" position, it is almost every contender for this game.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'll be honest though: I haven't played a Mega Man game until today: Mega Man Zero.
Damn, what a hard game! Despite that, I actually love it to death. I can't believe what I've been missing out on. Hopefully, Capcom bothers to make a Mega Man game for the 3DS. Doubt they'd bother to do it, though. DX

Morbi

Scavenger
At this point, this is the last chance for almost every possible newcomer out there. If a character doesn't get in now, they are probably never going to get in.

With characters that failed to get into Melee and Brawl, there were at least plenty of them that had circumstances that allowed them to be contenders for the next game. This time, not so much. If Ridley fails to get in, Sakurai will have made up his mind that he isn't worthy of a playable spot. If King K. Rool fails to get in, he will slip into obscurity and his popularity and relevance will collapse as Cranky Kong rises to be a contender in SSB5. If Little Mac fails to get in, Sakurai will not see him as viable. So on and so on. It is not just recurring series newcomers that are in a "now or never" position, it is almost every contender for this game.
I never actually contemplated the ramifications of this game. You might be correct.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yep, characters like Bowser, Zelda, Link etc are now very solid. Roy himself is even way better, I mean he can still combo'd really bad but at least now he can counter with some combos himself.
Project M is like the only time I love playing as every single character. Especially Samus, it's the only game where I want to try Samus.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I'll be honest though: I haven't played a Mega Man game until today: Mega Man Zero.
Damn, what a hard game! Despite that, I actually love it to death. I can't believe what I've been missing out on. Hopefully, Capcom bothers to make a Mega Man game for the 3DS. Doubt they'd bother to do it, though. DX
My first Mega Man game was Mega Man Soccer, which is why I love Sakurai to death for his reference last week. Then it was Mega Man Zero, then 1-10, all on my Wii, homebrewed or not. Ever listened to Lavender Town and Wily's Castle Theme together. Guess sleep won't exist tonight.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You should play the Mega man series and the X series. try to play them all, I have and most have been awesome! it still pisses me off that capcom treated megaman they way they did over the years.....

Oh as for my first MM game, it was MM3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom