• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
...I feel like putting up one of my rosters here. You guys want to see it? Just to see if it's even a hair logical?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Well, here you go!
(Please note, there's a ton of areas where one character could be swapped with another [IE: King K Rool for Dixie, etc...]There's a reason I have three versions of this.) This being the latest version.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Well, here you go!
(Please note, there's a ton of areas where one character could be swapped with another [IE: King K Rool for Dixie, etc...]There's a reason I have three versions of this.) This being the latest version.
Pretty good roster. Few errors though.
-I don't really think Kamek is necessary
-Replace Ghirahim with Vaati
-I'd replace Genesect with Lucario
-Add Ike back in
-Add back Snake
Other than that pretty good.
Oh, and did I mention to Replace Ghirahim with Vaati? :troll:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Well, here you go!
seems okay, I only got a few nitpicks with it (ike cut and Chrom in?, genesect replaces lucario, unnecessary kamek and ghirahim, only 2 third parties?)
but there actually one clear cut problem with this, where's the new series? there is no Takamaru, no little mac, no Shulk, there just no new series added in to it
Edit: never mind, I didn't see little mac in there

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
To be exact, there were the following replacement issues:
Lucario + Genesect. Movies and popularity, as well as relevancy.
Bowser Jr + Waluigi. I can't easily choose.
Vaati + Ghirahim. I prefer both, two have Vaati, one doesn't.
Chrom + Ike. IDK. I forgot about the Forbidden Seven!
Kamek + Nothing. Ehh, good point. Removing him.
King K Rool + Dixie Kong. Do I need to say it?
Ridley + Nothing. The Size Factor.

Snake + Nothing. Some rosters of mine have him, some not. Recent happenings with Konami made me not too sure. (I forgot about Shulk? I knew there was a character I forgot...)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Is a cool roster,but I think that Ghirahim and Genesect are bad choices.
You can keep Kamek,because that makes your roster unique and is not THAT unlikely.
Ike is important and popular,so I don't think that he will be cut,maybe you can put him with Marth and Chrom.
Maybe you will need another third party like Snake or Pac-Man and a retro like Takamaru or Lip.
And this is personal but I really thinks that is K.Rool+Dixie or only Dixie.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
seems okay, I only got a few nitpicks with it (ike cut and Chrom in?, genesect replaces lucario, unnecessary kamek and ghirahim, only 2 third parties?)
but there actually one clear cut problem with this, where's the new series? there is no Takamaru, no little mac, no Shulk, there just none new series added in to it
Lil Mac is under Bowser

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
To be exact, there were the following replacement issues:
Lucario + Genesect. Movies and popularity, as well as relevancy.
Bowser Jr + Waluigi. I can't easily choose.
Vaati + Ghirahim. I prefer both, two have Vaati, one doesn't.
Chrom + Ike. It's because Roy was replaced that Chrom is there.
Kamek + Nothing. Ehh, good point. Removing him.
King K Rool + Dixie Kong. Do I need to say it?
Ridley + Nothing. The Size Factor.

Snake + Nothing. Some rosters of mine have him, some not. Recent happenings with Konami made me not too sure. (I forgot about Shulk? I knew there was a character I forgot...)
The whole Roy was replaced thing doesn't really work considering Roy was meant to be in Brawl and Ike is actually in a better postion than Roy was he's basically the "Marth" of the west. Chrom replacing Ike would do more bad than good.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Note to self: Do not make a 4th version as soon as you send in an earlier version. Then again, I'm getting a ton of feedback, which I like! ^_^

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, here you go!

Not bad. Though but a few things could be changed. Perhaps adding back Ike for one. Though no need to get rid of Chrom if you really feel he'll be added, just have all three. Not too sure about Kamek, or even Genesect. But Genesect isn't a terrible choice either. Swap Girahim for someone a little more, reoccurring, like Tingle or even Vaati.

Props for adding Bowser Jr. and keeping both of the other Starfox characters.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
...It's far worse that I'm doing this in the night hours, I'm forgetting things left and right. Forbidden Seven, Takamaru, Shulk, etc.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, here you go!
I actually like this roster a lot.

I do have some issues with it though-

For one, you replaced Lucario with Genesect. Lucario is more popular and far more promoted than Genesect, so I can't see Lucario getting replaced by Genesect. I do like the idea of a playable Genesect, however.

Next off, there is Ghirahim. While I admit Ghirahim would most certainly fit in Smash, and I'd totally main him, I simply cannot see a one-time villain getting in Smash instead of Toon Zelda or Tingle, or perhaps Impa even.

You also had Snake cut.

Lastly, Chrom instead of Ike. Ike is one of the most popular characters in Brawl, Chrom was introduced just very recently, and, well based on what I know, Chrom couldn't bring much to the table compared to what Ike did. I personally would not like Chrom to replace him either.

You did include Mewtwo, Palutena, Ridley, Little Mac and K. Rool though. All good and likely choices. Also, bonus props for including Bowser Jr., Bandana Dee and Kamek. Those three aren't all that likely, but I'd love for them to be in Smash.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Can you blame Lonekonwolf for not seeing Little Mac in a completely unorganized roster?
Semi-Organized. Like I said, I'm making a fourth version now, one that's currently getting cutted down to 50 (It's at 55 at the moment.) AND will be a tad easier to read.

This is the nightmare that is my screen right now!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Semi-Organized. Like I said, I'm making a fourth version now, one that's currently getting cutted down to 50 AND will be a tad easier to read.
Tips:

- 50 is a really risky number. I'd say the highest you can go is 48.
- Don't replace Ike with Chrom. The second most important and popular lord and one of the only 3 to have 2 appearances shouldn't be replaced by a guy because of recency. It makes zero sense.
- Giriham makes literally no sense. We didn't get Zant in Brawl. Giriham doesn't deserve to be playable AT ALL. He'll probably be a trophy.
- Kamek doesn't make a lot of sense either. There is really no reason to have more than Yoshi and it's just a lowly important Mario character disguised as a Yoshi character.

Cuttin only one character will not happen. Especially for Giriham.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
SmashBoards.
It's ****ing annoying as ****.

Semi-Organized. Like I said, I'm making a fourth version now, one that's currently getting cutted down to 50 (It's at 55 at the moment.) AND will be a tad easier to read.

This is the nightmare that is my screen right now!
Any reason why the Mother characters are lumped in with the third-parties?

----

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Speaking of roster organization, what if the roster was ordered like this (it's a bit of an old roster, so ignore the characters themselves):

Mario Multiuniverse on top.
Followed by the Fantasy-esque group.
Then by the Space Themed group.
After that, the Miscellaneous group.
And finally, the Retro/Hardware/Third Party group

What do you think?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Any reason why the Mother characters are lumped in with the third-parties?

----

Pure coincidence. I value that series VERY highly, they just got stuck there instead of the corner.

In other news, now it's a rectangle. And I'm still cutting characters -.-
(EDIT: Pretend Chrom isn't here at all.)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Speaking of roster organization, what if the roster was ordered like this (it's a bit of an old roster, so ignore the characters themselves):

Mario Multiuniverse on top.
Followed by the Fantasy-esque group.
Then by the Space Themed group.
After that, the Miscellaneous group.
And finally, the Retro/Hardware/Third Party group

What do you think?
I wouldn't mind it to be organized like that,
though I do have one problem with it mate,
change the name "miscellaneous group" to the Pokémon/miscellaneous group, it'll make more sense that way, seeing how more than half of that row is Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom