• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
The problem I'm having with the roster is that I don't know what icon to use for particular members, like N3ON.

Also, if I don't add you right away, don't feel insulted. I have 4 installments to get through overall. My laptop **** the bed because i'm an idiot. So I may download roster maker on my desktop.
Dibs on Ho-Oh.

D

Deleted member

Super Mario 3D World's release is obviously going to be when Rosalina is revealed for Smash. :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wouldn't mind seeing Rosalina as a playable character. She could have an interesting moveset.

I am wondering if we'll see anything significant for Super Mario 3D World's release. We could get a new character, which would indicate that at least a few newcomers will be revealed in similar manner to veterans. Though we could get an item reveal as well.

Nevertheless I don't think a reveal of anything on SM3DW's release is very likely.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind seeing Rosalina as a playable character. She could have an interesting moveset.
Her A moves would involve space and star-based magic with her wand, while her special moves would involve Polari and are mainly borrowed from Mario's actions in the Galaxy games.

B: Luma Spin - Functions just like in Galaxy. Boosting Rosalina slightly upward when used in the air while stunning opponents and deflecting (but not reflecting) most projectiles.

Forward B: Star Bits - Rosalina shoots star bits from her wand. Fast but weak projectiles.

Up B: Launch Star - Polari transforms into a black launch star and shoots Rosalina upwards. Her path can be changed, and she can travel in an arc.

Down B: ??? - Maybe her reflecting bubble shield, but the Luma Spin move kinda makes that redundant.

Final Smash: Comet Storm

Having Rosalina would be interesting, but Toad should be next in line if we get a new Mario character. It just feels natural.

Super Mario 3D World's release is obviously going to be when Rosalina is revealed for Smash. :troll:
No, it's obviously gonna be the green fairy thing because recency.

-----

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
We'll probably get the official reveal of that Super Mario Galaxy stage when 3D World is released. We've already seen the Comet Observatory teased in the full artwork for 3D World, so a Galaxy related reveal for Smash to tie-in with the release isn't that much of a stretch.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Given how Melee gave us stages from Mario 64 and Brawl gave us stages from both Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion, I'm expecting a Galaxy stage any time soon.

AND A GODFORSAKEN BOWSER CASTLE STAGE.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I want a Bowser's Castle stage so badly. That a Super Mario Galaxy stage. I want those more than any other stage.

Well, I want at least two new Kirby stages as well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Given how Melee gave us stages from Mario 64 and Brawl gave us stages from both Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion, I'm expecting a Galaxy stage any time soon.

AND A GODFORSAKEN BOWSER CASTLE STAGE.

Yes! This is needed! Why was this not done yet? Also, can we keep Delfino Island, for like every Smash game after Brawl? That'd be cool.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
A Brain Age stage makes pretty much so much sense since there is a Nintendogs stage.
But it's pretty hard to think of a stage. Perhaps it can take place in the Brain Age Menu, then hazards come as it changes into different brain training games.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
A Brain Age stage makes pretty much so much sense since there is a Nintendogs stage.
But it's pretty hard to think of a stage. Perhaps it can take place in the Brain Age Menu, then hazards come as it changes into different brain training games.
I thought it was obvious that it would be something like that.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Hehe. I think he would confirm him before confirming a stage.
But anything can happen, so the stage could be revealed first, then Dr. Kawashima. Might be a relatable situation to the Pyrosphere.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I think the trolling would be Dr. Kawashima being revealed.
During a random Nintendo Direct, there could be a Dr. Kawashima trailer in the beginning of the direct, people at first would have no clue why Dr. Kawashima is there, until they show footage of Kawashima fighting Mario. Then the Brain Age Menu music plays.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
During a random Nintendo Direct, there could be a Dr. Kawashima trailer in the beginning of the direct, people at first would have no clue why Dr. Kawashima is there, until they show footage of Kawashima fighting Mario. Then the Brain Age Menu music plays.
Never gonna happen.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Well basically I want to take users and represent them with characters. For example, GoldenYuiitusin as Entei, BKupa as K.Rool, etc...

SaturnGamer as Diskun :troll:
I call Jigglypuff, or some sort of Jigglypuff-related character for the Melee roster. Morbid can be a Vin Diesel clone of Jigglypuff.
Can't let you do that Star Fox!

Right? He is getting no more likes! Just kidding, he is saving the best for Melee.
I think maybe the best option would for you to be a PKMN Trainer with Vin's face, while you command 3 Jigglypuff's. We could be a combo character.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Why would you assume he even has a good chance, if any?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
For the people that say Dr. Kawashima he is to obscure and that no one requests him, they are wrong, in Japan has great popularity, has been requested in the times of Brawl and the series is really big on sales.
.n_n.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
For the people that say Dr. Kawashima he is to obscure and that no one requests him, they are wrong, in Japan has great popularity, has been requested in the times of Brawl and the series is really big on sales.
.n_n.
Please not this again, I'll eat my hat if he got in which he won't. I mean look at him, he's going to be a hassle to program, if they are having trouble with olimar and IC's there is no way they'd add him, especially a real life person in a fighting game, come on guys lets be real here.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So we're talking about stages?

I think it's pretty obvious we'll get Virtual Boy Zone, Swap Note, and Saturn Valley

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I've done about an hour's worth of research, and I've come up with a list of potential characters and the dates they could appear on:

- Toad (November 22nd) (Super Mario 3D World)

- Bowser Jr. (November 22nd or November 15th) (Super Mario 3D World or Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games)

- Waluigi (November 15th) (Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games)

- Zelda with or without Sheik (November 22nd) (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)

- Ganondorf (November 22nd) (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)

- Captain Falcon (November 21st) (F-Zero anniversary)

- Yoshi (November 21st) (Super Mario World anniversary)

- Ung....Mii (November 7th) (Wii Sports Club)

Anybody else you guys can think of reasons for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom