• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't think Toad is likely at this point, but I'm not gonna go into detail on that, it's been discussed before and I've seen how Toad discussions go.

And I don't think representation matters that much. And I'm pretty sure Paper Mario has more potential than Toad or Bowser Jr.
Considering that Toad is not an option, I don't think Bowser Jr really fits in much more than a fifth Zelda character. I think a second Mario is the best.

Mewtwo is the most important Pokemon in the franchise as of now, and he's legendary, when was the last time you saw a Gym Leader use a Legendary Pokemon other than the PWT DLC where you can fight Gym leaders with legendary Pokemon?
  1. No he's not Pikachu is.
  2. This stuff didn't matter in Brawl.
  3. What does this have to do with you saying he's more ADVERTISED?

Gune

Smash Lord
Well what did you expect, Mewtwo to be a pokemon found in the actual story?
If he was going to be the more recognizable mega pokemon yes I thought he was going to actually be in the story for ounce that would've been cool but a free megacario is just as good...:bee:

Edit:Guys please don't fight over who is more important right now its really undecided as to who is more important just be happy as hell Lucario vs mew two so freaking likely its not funny.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I actually used to be a bit iffy about Paper Mario, but now I actually really like the idea. I think he could bring a lot into Smash given abilities he has like in TTYD, and perhaps Pixls from Super Paper Mario could help him as well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I believe Sakurai has something in store for us regarding the mythical 5th Mario character... I believe that Toad isn't down for the count just yet... Sakurai has a penchant for playing mind games with the fans and haters alike.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm still putting my head out for Toad, but I'd be content (but disappointed) with Bowser Junior, Waluigi, Paper Mario, Dr. Mario or Petey Piranha. Geno would be a surprise, but he's very unlikely.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm envious of you guys right now, I'm just past the second badge because college won't allow me any time to really playthrough the game...

Eh, whether or not that may've been the case, Lucario was still the first you used over them and thus the first you experience and recognize.
I have a fairly lenient college schedule. I already beat the game, finished it yesterday. I was impressed, the game is amazing. It has certainly made me a born-again Pokemon fan. There is a huge discrepancy though. In my first 10 hours, I only had one badge. After that, the badges are really close to each other. It is a little awkward. I am STILL waiting on my Pokemon reveal. SAKURAI!!!!!!!!!

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Did I say advertised? No? Oh okay, that's what I thought. It's who's more important to the franchise, and it's easily Mewtwo.

If he was going to be the more recognizable mega pokemon yes I thought he was going to actually be in the story for ounce that would've been cool but a free megacario is just as good...:bee:
Mewtwo IS the more recognizable Mega Pokemon, so much to the fact that they gave him two forms for each game, Lucario is nothing but the cheaper alternative that comes with the bonus of not having to remodel the Tower of Mastery for both games.

Edit: To your edit, there's no need to argue, the answer is clearly Mewtwo.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I have a fairly lenient college schedule. I already beat the game, finished it yesterday. I was impressed, the game is amazing. It has certainly made me a born-again Pokemon fan. There is a huge discrepancy though. In my first 10 hours, I only had one badge. After that, the badges are really close to each other. It is a little awkward. I am STILL waiting on my Pokemon reveal. SAKURAI!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, that first break was really surprising for me, even compared to other Pokemon games it's rather long. Still, I'm glad to hear that the game was what you wanted it to be, I'm having a lot of fun myself and I'm looking forward to more. :)

Mewtwo IS the more recognizable Mega Pokemon, so much to the fact that they gave him two forms for each game, Lucario is nothing but the cheaper alternative that comes with the bonus of not having to remodel the Tower of Mastery for both games.

"Cheaper alternative?" If they really wanted to use Mewtwo, they would've done it as they have already done version exclusive areas before so it wouldn't be that much a stretch for them to do it now. More then likely, they wanted to use Lucario because it fit what they wanted to do, not because it was a substitute.

Morbi

Scavenger
Did I say advertised? No? Oh okay, that's what I thought.

Lucario is the most recognizable Mega Evolution. That is the whole point of his inclusion in the game. I am not sure how you missed that.

Mewtwo is actually the most important Pokemon in the franchise. The games, not the anime spin-off. Even then, Mewtwo is a pretty prominent figure. Pikachu is nothing aside from the mascot of Pokemon Yellow.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
"Cheaper alternative?" If they really wanted to use Mewtwo, they would've done it, they have already done version exclusive areas before so it wouldn't be that much a stretch for them to do it now. More then likely, they wanted to use Lucario because it fit what they wanted to do.
They used Lucario because not only could they not use Mewtwo (A third badge gym-leader using a Mewtwo? Really? No) but because they needed a pokemon that while not as popular, not even close in fact although it's very popular, was very recognizable. I can guarantee you though, if the Pikachu family got a Mega Forme, that would have been the family you first used a Mega Evolution for, as it is the most recognizable family of Pokemon and extremely popular amongst both Pokemon players and pokemon beginners.

Lucario is the most recognizable Mega Evolution. That is the whole point of his inclusion in the game. I am not sure how you missed that.
That made me laugh...hysterically...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I truly believe that Toad still has a fighting chance... why would Sakurai use the Toad detractors' overused argument against Toad in his Miiverse post that confirmed Peach? The Toad detractors has always maintained for over 10 years that Peach's moveset has to be changed in order to let Toad be playable. Lo and behold, Sakurai says Peach's moveset "may be refreshed" by the time SSB4 comes out WHILE AT THE SAME TIME posting a picture of Peach's Toad. Sakurai is clearly playing mind games and that picture of Peach's Toad is either one of SSB4's beta elements or it will end up in the final product. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Gune

Smash Lord
Did I say advertised? No? Oh okay, that's what I thought.

Nothing but a cheap alternative?...That's pretty harsh and unfair to call him that.:c

courte

Smash Lord
i'm 4 pages late, so i'll just generally reply to what little things i've barely read.
no third party should have more than one rep, nvm more than one rep from the same franchise. their rep should be versatile, from the 80's and appeal on both the hardcore and casual side of gaming. pac-man falls into the categories, but personally i feel he should be in a mario party game before a smash. there i said it it's out on the table. i'd rather see klonoa or mr. driller/dig dug with some Pac-Man based move or... i dunno a hat. we already have a great interpretation of an old school character in game and watch. it's debateable whether on anyone's side their needs to be another. but if there were another, why not another team style setup? sure it would make ice climbers less unique if there was another team, but the case could be made that pac-man's inclusion would diminish game and watch's.

please read could be made. we could argue but what's the point. then again thats what people do mostly on this thread anyway

Morbi

Scavenger
They used Lucario because not only could they not use Mewtwo (A third badge gym-leader using a Mewtwo? Really? No) but because they needed a pokemon that while not as popular, not even close in fact although it's very popular, was very recognizable. I can guarantee you though, if the Pikachu family got a Mega Forme, that would have been the family you first used a Mega Evolution for, as it is the most recognizable family of Pokemon and extremely popular amongst both Pokemon players and pokemon beginners.

That made me laugh...hysterically...
The whole Mega Evolution premise circulates around Lucario. I am not sure how you are attempting to dispute that. It is objective fact. Now I see what you are getting at, that doesn't necessarily change the circumstances though. Lucario IS going to be the poster child for Mega Evolutions. Regardless of whether or not it should have been Mewtwo. Mewtwo is more iconic, that doesn't make him more relevant to Mega Evolutions. It would be similar to proclaim that Clefairy is the most important Pokemon because it was planned to be the mascot. Maybe it is true; however, that doesn't translate well. Lucario is the most important Mega, even if Mewtwo was marketed more, and even if Mewtwo is more popular. That is all I am getting at. You can laugh all you want. I am not going to dispute it any further. If you fail to recognize the direction they are going, I cannot aid you in your endeavors. Believe what you wish.

courte

Smash Lord
CastleVania fighter right now what's your roster!
Think of a game in the vein of Smash, Marvel, or classic 2d Fighters [but what about castlevania judgeme--NOPE!]
Limit 4 guest characters from other Konami Games if you so choose
No limit on things like size [give your ideas if you want Jehuty to be resized as normal or large, or something in this similar vein. it would be proportional strength]

limit 30 characters max

go

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So, I did this little roster mock-up of the characters confirmed so far using the boxes on the website. Just thought I would share.

This looks so great that I would be okay if this was the final roster.
Just putting it out there.
IMO, Geno has plenty more potential than the other Mario candidates.
Now, since you keep bringing him up, I expect Geno to pop up on your roster in a few days.
He isn't going to happen. He isn't important enough, he's owned by Square, and, as cool as he would be, there are hundreds of other Nintendo characters that deserve the spot over him, and hundreds of third parties as well. Consider me disappointed if Geno shows up before Pac-Man or Banjo and Kazooie.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Think again. :troll:
Are you going to keep wasting my time with one-line replies or are you going to predict like a good little boy?

The whole Mega Evolution premise circulates around Lucario. I am not sure how you are attempting to dispute that. It is objective fact. Now I see what you are getting at, that doesn't necessarily change the circumstances though. Lucario IS going to be the poster child for Mega Evolutions. Regardless of whether or not it should have been Mewtwo. Mewtwo is more iconic, that doesn't make him more relevant to Mega Evolutions. It would be similar to proclaim that Clefairy is the most important Pokemon because it was planned to be the mascot. Maybe it is true; however, that doesn't translate well. Lucario is the most important Mega, even if Mewtwo was marketed more, and even if Mewtwo is more popular. That is all I am getting at. You can laugh all you want. I am not going to dispute it any further. If you fail to recognize the direction they are going, I cannot aid you in your endeavors. Believe what you wish.
The fact that Mewtwo started the Mega Evolutions, has the most popular Mega Evolutions, and is the first official Mega Evolution to be seen on the big-screen/anime...your points are null. Game Freak would never be so stupid as to pick a lesser pokemon to be their poster child when it's been all-but confirmed that the poster child of X and Y and the Sixth Gen is indeed MEWTWO. Lucario has a small part in X and Y and you somehow claim it to be the poster child of Mega Evolutions? Charizard is more of a poster-child than that, at least he is the first actual Mega Evolution you see battling Mega Mewtwo X/Y in the intro video. Not to mention you can have a Mega Charizard X/Y ready to go by said point in the game and is the pokemon you receive your first Mega Stone for. Lucario is nowhere near poster child material.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Now, since you keep bringing him up, I expect Geno to pop up on your roster in a few days.
He isn't going to happen. He isn't important enough, he's owned by Square, and, as cool as he would be, there are hundreds of other Nintendo characters that deserve the spot over him, and hundreds of third parties as well. Consider me disappointed if Geno shows up before Pac-Man or Banjo and Kazooie.
Nah I'm keeping Layton. :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Think of a game in the vein of Smash, Marvel, or classic 2d Fighters [but what about castlevania judgeme--NOPE!]
No limit on things like size [give your ideas if you want Jehuty to be resized as normal or large, or something in this similar vein. it would be proportional strength]

limit 30 characters max

go
A Castlevania fighting game with 4 other Konami characters? As long as Simon Belmont is in the game, I would be happy... as for the Konami guests...

Bill Rizer from the Contra series (I only played both NES games)
Goemon from The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (it's the only Ganbare Goemon game I ever played)
Kid Dracula from the Kid Dracula series (:troll:)
Master Higgins from Super Adventure Island II (it's the only Adventure Island game that I truly enjoyed)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Are you going to keep wasting my time with one-line replies or are you going to predict like a good little boy?
That depends. Am I allowed to prove you wrong without getting persecuted? Cuz, judging by your response of me doing so just now, that clearly doesn't seem to be the case nor has it often ever been. I also would like to add you are being very biased against Lucario as these next quotes that I will reply to imply. So be a good boy and stop being biased.

Mewtwo IS the more recognizable Mega Pokemon, so much to the fact that they gave him two forms for each game

Lucario is nothing but the cheaper alternative that
That made me laugh.....hysterically....

while not as popular, not even close in fact
That also made me laugh...quite hysterically I might add.....

Gune

Smash Lord

limit 30 characters max

go
Soma Cruz or Nathan Graves even though he's not a true Belmont I love them both.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I just looked up the definition of Altruism
The sense of being unselfishly generous. That seems to fit morbid very well considering all the like he give

Also, I'd like to inform all of you that I am running for president in 2016
MEGA BIDOOF FTW

Morbi

Scavenger

The fact that Mewtwo started the Mega Evolutions, has the most popular Mega Evolutions, and is the first official Mega Evolution to be seen on the big-screen/anime...your points are null. Game Freak would never be so stupid as to pick a lesser pokemon to be their poster child when it's been all-but confirmed that the poster child of X and Y and the Sixth Gen is indeed MEWTWO. Lucario has a small part in X and Y and you somehow claim it to be the poster child of Mega Evolutions? Charizard is more of a poster-child than that, at least he is the first actual Mega Evolution you see battling Mega Mewtwo X/Y in the intro video.
If you want to argue against the objective fact... there is nothing I can say to further support my argument. You are essentially claiming that fan influence will be the directive and ultimately trump the desired plot of the game. This might actualize; however, we would need to wait until further news regarding Pokemon is announced. If they continue to make it a prevalent theme, that is the direction they are going. If they decide to drop Lucario, you might be correct. It is entirely possible. The order that they market the Megas is irrelevant. The Pokemon they market is irrelevant. Lucario is that plot. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a second Lucario movie. Now I understand where you are coming from. It is difficult to oppose the notion that Mewtwo is getting more hype. It is also difficult to assert that Pokemon Company has an agenda contrary to what is actually being perceived. I am just going to stick with canon though. I don't care what the ranting and raving Pokemon fans want. I enjoyed the plot of X and Y, so I am using that as the basis of my argument. Just a different opinion. I just felt like putting it out there.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Is being the most ICONIC really how you get in over others anyway? I mean we didn't have Mewtwo, but instead Jigglypuff & Lucario.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
So be a good boy and stop being biased.

You're not getting fed this week mutt.

As I said, he's overrated so he gets special billing

That made me laugh.....hysterically....

You have a poor sense of humor.

That also made me laugh...quite hysterically I might add...

It's not my problem you know little to nothing about popularity statistics in Pokemon. Then again, this isn't the first time you've tried to argue about something you know little to nothing about, I expect the same outcome...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom