• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Wario

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Luma seriously acts as a portable waft extender. I've gotten so many free wafts from just running up and farting on luma.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is that the only instance of Rosalina vs. Wario that happened at EVO?

EDIT: I didn't watch anything because my internet was too terrible.

Last edited:

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Wasn't it one game of Dabuz's Rosalina vs Abadango's Wario in which he suicided by a wrong angled Up-b before he switched off to Olimar? Not much data from that one game. I agree that speedy bike didn't seem like such an improvement. He didn't use the rose fart you guys previously mentioned either, it seemed like none of the particulair two played specificly against the other character but just played their own game.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Wasn't it one game of Dabuz's Rosalina vs Abadango's Wario in which he suicided by a wrong angled Up-b before he switched off to Olimar? Not much data from that one game. I agree that speedy bike didn't seem like such an improvement. He didn't use the rose fart you guys previously mentioned either, it seemed like none of the particulair two played specificly against the other character but just played their own game.
If you're referring to this, I still don't really understand what happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLLo-D38Kzk

I know dabuz got footstooled but did he have a chance to get back to the stage afterwards but borked the recovery? Or maybe he thought he had a jump?

Last edited:

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
If you're referring to this, I still don't really understand what happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLLo-D38Kzk

I know dabuz got footstooled but did he have a chance to get back to the stage afterwards but borked the recovery? Or maybe he thought he had a jump?
Dabuz had 2 chances to recover, he did a fair and fast fell which was one opportunity and even after the fair was done he could've recovered straight up.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
He had to get a perfect 90 degree angle,in order to get that you need to tilt slightly further than that since the angles of input and effect are not the same. Dabuz overpushed and tilted too far resulted into going in the wrong direction.

TriTails

Smash Lord
It was Dabuz's misplay. I watched it closely and Dabuz HAD his double jump. But he didn't use it and LS'd the wrong angle. In order to go straight up, you need to tilt your stick BACKWARDS from Rosalina.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
anyone have any competitive videos of a wario camping a rosalina? i am highly doubtful of this.
Here's a match where Waymas camped against his RosaLuma opponent. Apparently he even goes for time-outs

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wario is being analyzed again for this week. If you have anything to contribute for the match-up, especially in regards to the newest software update, this is the place to do it.

giglfoosm

Smash Rookie
I had question for Wario and Rosa mains regarding Rosa's down B. When I have half to full charge waft I usually try and get my bike on the stage (usually from a ledge crash) so that I can try and get it into place to extend my waft hurtbox. However a Rosa at my local scene will without fail down b my bike and pull it towards her, so my question for Rosa mains is: is this a smart idea? You are essentially setting your self up for a mega waft that has a hurtbox extended by both a waft and a luma because the down b pulls the bike next to you. There are times where I was able to simply short hop waft the rosa because she was still in the down B animation. My question for Wario mains: should we try and bait Rosa's into down b'ing the bike to set up our wafts. Thanks for any feedback, I'd like to know if its worth throwing my recovery away to try and bait a kill and I'm not really sure if it is or not.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Gravitational Pull has 44 frames of animation and requires her to be above the ledge's height in order to pull the Bike, so it's pretty unsafe if you're applying passive pressure. Unless she's at max distance, I don't suspect any knowledgeable Rosalina would want to do this unless they're at the absolute max range, and even then, it would force her recovery to be more predictable than normal.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I think Reflex's older posts have basically said what needs to be said about the matchup. I don't see how this is any better than even for Rosa when Wario doesn't have to approach, Luma extends fart hitbox and Wario has so many tools to mess with her offstage. Bike setups, fast fall dair offstage, dash attack at ledge, ect. Also Wario has way more weight on her. A big problem Rosa has here is how big and floaty she is, which makes her a good target for Wario's aerial based game with his extremely fast airspeed.

But Rosa still has her amazing tools that make her the top tier character she is. I tend to think this matchup could be anywhere from even to slightly in Wario's favor. But I'm by no means a top player and there's really no Rosa's in my area so take that with a grain of salt. But on paper it seems like one of Wario's better matchups among the top tiers. I really don't see how it's worse than even for Wario but I'd love to read further comments from Rosa players that disagree.

Last edited:
Top Bottom