• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rosalina Match-Up Analysis (Obsolete & Succeeded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
That assumes that the difference in abilities between SoRo and some other character is automatically terrible because Luna is gone. But that is never the case. You can do just fine in those 13 seconds Luna is gone. If Luma going away for 13 seconds is enough for you to lose the match, that's not Rosalina's fault, but her player's fault for playing poorly or being underpracticed in SoRo.

I think Rosalina has even match ups (like Toon Link, but that's for another time). But not any bad ones.
She's not terrible without Luma, I agree, but Luma has most of the KO power and its presence gives Rosalina extra range and safety. I believe there exists one or more characters whose tools allow them to manage Luma efficiently enough that it may as well not exist for the matchup barring a few seconds at the start of the match and whenever it respawns. Who those characters are, I don't really know for sure (although I have my suspicions), but I believe they exist.

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
You lose a lot of options (less range, no Lunar Landings, and the removal of TWO specials) during those 13 seconds where Luma is gone. You could always outplay your opponent and still do fine, but that could also be said for matchups that aren't in a character's favor. She's very likely not in an advantageous position against most decent-good characters without Luma being there, and 13 seconds is enough time for good players to capitalize on.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You lose a lot of options (less range, no Lunar Landings, and the removal of TWO specials) during those 13 seconds where Luma is gone. You could always outplay your opponent and still do fine, but that could also be said for matchups that aren't in a character's favor. She's very likely not in an advantageous position against most decent-good characters without Luma being there, and 13 seconds is enough time for good players to capitalize on.
But what I mean is that 13 seconds without Luma does not instantly mean a bad match-up for Rosalina & Luma. While some characters are better at picking Luma off than others, no character is the "pick me to automatically get rid of Luma" button. The player for that character still needs to be good in the first place. And SoRo is still plenty equipped anyway, so they still need to deal with her properly, and before Luma gets back.

A bad match up implies that a good Rosalina player will struggle against a comparatively less skilled player of another character, even if only a little bit. I don't find this to be the case with ANY character for Rosalina, though.

A lot of Rosalina players just have too static a playstyle. Which is why they perceive certain characters as having an advantage against Rosalina (and I am noticing that in this thread, especially with Yoshi), when they actually don't. They just have an advantage against whatever playstyle you are using, which is why you experiment and change things up. Some characters don't even have that privilege, but Rosalina has it more than everyone else.

Again, Rosalina might see a truly bad match up if people start experimenting more with ATs. At the same time though, Rosalina might get a lot better too. Which is why we keep pushing on for new innovations in how she is played.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
But what I mean is that 13 seconds without Luma does not instantly mean a bad match-up for Rosalina & Luma. While some characters are better at picking Luma off than others, no character is the "pick me to automatically get rid of Luma" button. The player for that character still needs to be good in the first place. And SoRo is still plenty equipped anyway, so they still need to deal with her properly, and before Luma gets back.

A bad match up implies that a good Rosalina player will struggle against a comparatively less skilled player of another character, even if only a little bit. I don't find this to be the case with ANY character for Rosalina, though.

A lot of Rosalina players just have too static a playstyle. Which is why they perceive certain characters as having an advantage against Rosalina (and I am noticing that in this thread, especially with Yoshi), when they actually don't. They just have an advantage against whatever playstyle you are using, which is why you experiment and change things up. Some characters don't even have that privilege, but Rosalina has it more than everyone else.

Again, Rosalina might see a truly bad match up if people start experimenting more with ATs. At the same time though, Rosalina might get a lot better too. Which is why we keep pushing on for new innovations in how she is played.
At whole it depends on your skill and tatics when Luma is gone, what are you going to do within those 13 seconds is up to you.
Sometimes I care too much about that trying to pull it back, so I often get spammed during that time.

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
This is not what a bad matchup implies. It means when two players of an equal skill level fight each other, with (theoretical) full knowledge of the MU on both sides, the Rosalina player would win less than the other player.

Rosalina's moveset is functionable without Luma, but she is not a *good* character without it. I'm not sure how this is even arguable. And if you remove Luma efficiently over the course of the match to the point where 1 mistake can cost it, then SoRo isn't really threatening at all. She's able to go about outplaying her opponent like any other OK character would, but she does certainly rely on Luma for zoning effectively and killing outside of gimps and Usmash at like 130% or so, which is a pretty big risk to just throw out.

If a character existed that could automatically get rid of Luma, that would be more than just a small struggle for Rosalina most likely, lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's moveset is functionable without Luma, but she is not a *good* character without it.
I think that's overexaggerating. She's not the best, but she is good on her own. Saying she isn't good alone implies she's Ice Climbers all over again, and she definitely is not that. She's more limited on her own, but a lot of the cast are just as limited all of the time.

It should also be noted that some things, like off stage spiking, are actually easier WITHOUT Luma by your side. So those things don't go away when he does.

Last edited:

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
I can't think of another character in this game who lacks 2 special moves. And characters that are similarly limited in other aspects, I'd say are pretty bad characters.

Also SoPo wasn't just a bad character, he was outright terrible. I'm not implying Rosalina is that, or else I probably wouldn't consider her to be top 5.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't think of another character in this game who lacks 2 special moves. And characters that are similarly limited in other aspects, I'd say are pretty bad characters.

Also SoPo wasn't just a bad character, he was outright terrible. I'm not implying Rosalina is that, or else I probably wouldn't consider her to be top 5.
I know she loses two special moves, but they are far from what makes her good even with Luma, so it's not a huge loss. Saying "she loses two special moves" shouldn't be enough to mark her as bad on her own, when those two special moves are quite situational as is. It'd be different if I was losing Launch Star and Gravitational Pull, but Luma Shot is exclusively for spacing Luma and is a very powerful projectile too (so it makes sense that it goes), and Star Bits, while a nice poke and combo starter, is not an essential move people will use all of the time even when Luma is there.

The main loss from losing Luma is not having an extra unit who can cover your back, get you out of immobile states, has some extra KO power (though Rosalina can KO quite well without him anyway - most of my own KOs are from Rosalina herself), and can take different points of the stage for you, as well as take hits for you. The loss of Luma Shot is merely because the move is meant for positioning Luma away from you, and Star Bits is not a move I really feel the loss of.

While Rosalina loses quite a bit without Luma, she's fine on her own especially since she gets Luma back before long, and losing two special moves, one of which is very situational anyway (BTW I am assuming defaults, obviously Shooting Star Bit is not as situational) is not enough to make her bad in my eyes.

I should also note that I've barely felt the 5 second extension we got to Luma's respawn timer, even when trying to deal with bosses in Classic Mode (not relevant in competitive play, but they knock Luma out easier then anyone, so it's still a good reference for the difference the timer extension made). I'm well aware it's there, but I never have felt it. Which I feel testifies to how good Rosalina can be on her own.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry for not checking back earlier, but Yoshi week will be ending soon. If you still have some stuff to bring up regarding Rosalina vs. Yoshi, do so now.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sorry for not checking back earlier, but Yoshi week will be ending soon. If you still have some stuff to bring up regarding Rosalina vs. Yoshi, do so now.
So the next matchup for the holiday week will be Peach. Splendid.
Oh wait I have one more comment.Gosh, can't believe I've ignored a pros comment.
I'm really surprised you guys think Mario is in our favor, if anything it feels even. I also think Rosa BEATS Yoshi pretty solidly. Our upair can catch yoshi's jumping around really easily, same with Bair. Nair DESTROYS eggs and is safe on yoshi's shield of spaced properly. In general we can dash attack yoshi if we except an egg throw, can upsmash him if close, and even punish the cooldown of egg throw with DA or grabs. Luma starbits can be used to pressure Yoshi really well, fsmash is hard for him to get by. Our dair makes it hard for Yoshi to land upairs and it's not hard to spike him after his DJ super armor with Dair, + if he up-Bs off stage, no super armor during up-B so it's easy to hit him. His dash attack is super punishable on block and can be challenged by our buttons, nair pressure doesn't work well on rosa, same with fair and neutral b pressure. I honestly think Rosa wins with MU 60-40 because all Yoshi really has are eggs, and eggs are super predictable to work around and easy enough to punish.
Well I will take this as a pro standpoint of Rosalina vs Yoshi, I haven't got that good with Rosalina, but since this matchup is supposed that both users of Rosalina and her opponents skill are equal, I believe what you said. I can try this soon.
How about post a video of a good matchup against Yoshi? Had you ever fought a Yoshi pro Danbuz?
I'm so glad that a Rosalina pro recognized this thread and hope you can get back here giving your thought on other matchups!

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I want a point of clarification on Yoshi from whoever may know the answer: can you really hit eggs safely out of the air with nair or any other aerial? I tried to do that yesterday in an online tourney and failed every time so I'm questioning it now.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Two tournament matches of Rosa vs Yoshi:

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
That Nabbit kill oh my god I didn't see that coming. Also what was the music?

A point I forgot to mention in my earlier post, I managed to use Rosalina's dash attack to squeeze under some eggs and hit Yoshi. Depending on how they're arced I'm not sure if it would be reliable, but still a thought.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I want a point of clarification on Yoshi from whoever may know the answer: can you really hit eggs safely out of the air with nair or any other aerial? I tried to do that yesterday in an online tourney and failed every time so I'm questioning it now.
I feel like this is a big no. Maybe it was possible prepatch. Doesn't seem like it is now. Fair can blast through them but the timing is strict.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I feel like this is a big no. Maybe it was possible prepatch. Doesn't seem like it is now. Fair can blast through them but the timing is strict.
Okay, so I'm not going insane. That's good. I'll stick to GPull and hope the Yoshi isn't fast enough to punish.

Speaking of which, at what range does GPull start being punishable when used on an egg?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Week 3 is now over, and I've calculated the average for Rosalina vs. Yoshi. Regarding the match-up ratio range that A_male_platypus posted, I put him down as 35:65, since he said between 40:60 and 30:70 on his post.

:rosalina: [39.09:60.91] :4yoshi:

Yoshi takes the victory lap for this match-up.

Now it's time for week 4, where we'll be covering Rosalina's match-up against Peach. Remember, you can now post match-up ratios that are divisible by 5.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sorry, I know Rosalina vs Yoshi matchup discussion is over. But I just have something to say for @ Conda Conda
Two tournament matches of Rosa vs Yoshi:

I had actually already post your video back then, and if you had check the rules, recommend you that post the LINK of the video. Otherwise it may cause some users phone or tablets loading too much time.
I actually found your video and subscribe your channel when I was finding Rosalina vs Yoshi matchup video. The on you posted is Yoshi won right? That Yoshi was really good, Rosalina was not bad too, but still, lose.....
I just want to say that what a coincidence that you notice this thread too!
Alright, about Peach matchup.......
I don't know much about how Peach fight, but I do know that Peach has a more powerful side aerial. Both are quite a light weight character. Rosalina will be alright just as long not taking too much damage and being airborne that often.
I say 50:50 for now.

Last edited:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Speaking of which, at what range does GPull start being punishable when used on an egg?
depends. i'm down for testing actually if you're interested.
yoshi can approach with an aerial egg, he can do a grounded one, he can do a retreating aerial egg or just a jump in place egg.

if yoshi is doing an approaching aerial egg and you GP on reaction, i think he can punish you just about from anywhere on FD, at least as long as you're within range to even GP his egg. his dash attack covers so much ground and GP is super slow, and he recovers long before GP is over. if you pre-emptively GP and he throws an egg too close and you pull it with the ending frames of GP, you might be able to punish him but it's doubtful.

i don't like GP for this MU at all, you'd need to have so much distance and if you read his egg throw wrong and he's approaching, you're likely to catch a boot to the face. it can possibly force him to approach but it would require being on the ledge and i hate doing that, especially with yoshi, because he can dash attack throguh your shield and kill luma no problem. you want mid stage, GP gives up mid stage. and i think you can easily be punished for using GP in mid.

I'd GP defensively if he's throwing eggs up as I'm coming down, but one bad GP can mean catching an uair.

i really think shield or sh air dodge is the way to go for eggs.

edit: also, dash attack to go underneath them does work. might be worth exploring. but it is a pretty long attack animation.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
The key with the Peach matchup is being patient. Learn how long her float lasts (3 seconds IIRC) and wait it out if she's hovering just outside of range, the last thing you want to do is jump the gun and open yourself up to a fair in the face. Likewise she's hard to effectively edgeguard for basically the same reason, she can stall out our attempt with her float and drop in with fair if we get greedy.

If customs are enabled, take Guardian Luma. Her turnips count as items so they'll still get pulled in, and it gives you the extra utility of making Luma invincible for a bit.

Amusingly, if Peach is within GPull/GLuma range when she throws a turnip, Rosalina will take ownership of it as soon as it leaves her hand, meaning Peach will basically smack herself in the face with it. Not something to rely on given the circumstances, but funny nonetheless.

There's probably a specific height Peach can float at to keep herself safe from anything a grounded Luma can do. IDK what that height is but I'm certain it exists and it means she can effortlessly get around Luma if we send it out. Jumping to make Luma jump as well is telegraphed as hell.

I'm not sure how to respond to her pressure and grab game. Floated aerials to jab to grab is something I'm not sure how to answer on paper.

I'll call this 50:50 for now because for all she can do I don't think any of it makes Rosalina's life particularly miserable, she just forces us to stay patient and keep Luma close.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
The key with the Peach matchup is being patient. Learn how long her float lasts (3 seconds IIRC) and wait it out if she's hovering just outside of range, the last thing you want to do is jump the gun and open yourself up to a fair in the face. Likewise she's hard to effectively edgeguard for basically the same reason, she can stall out our attempt with her float and drop in with fair if we get greedy.

If customs are enabled, take Guardian Luma. Her turnips count as items so they'll still get pulled in, and it gives you the extra utility of making Luma invincible for a bit.

Amusingly, if Peach is within GPull/GLuma range when she throws a turnip, Rosalina will take ownership of it as soon as it leaves her hand, meaning Peach will basically smack herself in the face with it. Not something to rely on given the circumstances, but funny nonetheless.

There's probably a specific height Peach can float at to keep herself safe from anything a grounded Luma can do. IDK what that height is but I'm certain it exists and it means she can effortlessly get around Luma if we send it out. Jumping to make Luma jump as well is telegraphed as hell.

I'm not sure how to respond to her pressure and grab game. Floated aerials to jab to grab is something I'm not sure how to answer on paper.

I'll call this 50:50 for now because for all she can do I don't think any of it makes Rosalina's life particularly miserable, she just forces us to stay patient and keep Luma close.
Peach is basically safe from luma if she is above the height of star bit range. From there moves like fair become safe. I would like to advise you that you should watch out for peach bomber as it is an easy way to knock luma out while covering distance to get to Rosalina.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Peach is basically safe from luma if she is above the height of star bit range. From there moves like fair become safe. I would like to advise you that you should watch out for peach bomber as it is an easy way to knock luma out while covering distance to get to Rosalina.
I was thinking utilt and usmash actually but it works out to the same general area I guess.

Forgot about Peach Bomber. FWIW I think Flower Bomber is one of her suggested customs and it does like 4% to Luma, so Peach will probably have to switch up for the matchup.

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch had a write up about this over on the Peach boards, although it was pre-patch and the removal of TLC's may sway this MU somewhat, though the nerf to Rosa's nair and kill power may help Peach too. I don't really have enough input on this one myself though, so I'll sit out this week.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
( excuse typos, on a phone :/ )
As Paranoiddrone more or less said, float isn't too scary for Rosalina players because of how effective we are at catching her with our own aerials as she descends, and a lot of that comes from patience. I've also found moderate success stalling out Luma at short hop height and using that to wall her off. However, I can't say with confidence that I've faced a peach player that was on par or above my skill level, so I'll abstain my vote for the week as well.

( I should probably make time to ask the peach boards to kindly wreck my face sometime. It would be a good learning experience )

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch had a write up about this over on the Peach boards, although it was pre-patch and the removal of TLC's may sway this MU somewhat, though the nerf to Rosa's nair and kill power may help Peach too. I don't really have enough input on this one myself though, so I'll sit out this week.
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch
I like this user, he had give us tips about how to get good in Smash4, it was useful.
Hope he can notice this thread and give this matchup a comment.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
What do people think about using Floaty Star Bit in this matchup? One fired at float height could discourage that as an approach, forcing her to either jump over it or come in lower. The former gives us more time to react to whatever she does, the latter puts her in range of Luma.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok gonna go over things I try to avoid vs her and why.

Not have her in my blind spot:
Peach's blind spot is standing out of her Nair range. I can't really do anything to be that much of a threat to you. She has nothing that is really fast for me to be throwing out. Your jabs with luma in this spot is really good and would stop all my attacks. Even a turnip toss. And you can easily cover a roll with jab cancel mix ups and then punish my roll with something. It does not matter what character you are, if I have someone in my blind spot, im in trouble. Rosalina is one of the better characters that cover that well with jab mix ups, starbits and F/Dtilt. You wanna maintain this spot s much as you can. Its a pain in the ass getting out of this situation against a solid player. I can't really throw out a move. I have to be patient. and wait for a time to get out of there or attack if the player leaves one.

How I avoid this? Peach has I say these best movement in the game. I have to stay moving in and out to make it hard what I will do and where I will be. I also use this with mixture of air and grounded spacing with a turnip in hand. Really hard to tell when to go on and back off. If the player is too slow and just wants to stay in one spot alot. This is your chance to go and cover that blind spot. if the player happens to wanna get turnips alot, they usually pin themselves to the ledge. Go near them and have them there.Turnip tosses are not fast. You can jab me or tilt me before I can toss the item. If the player plays to chicken, they will usually pin themselves to the ledge. if you see the playing rolling back alot, slowly follow them and pin them to the ledge. Then stay on top of that blind spot.

Being in the air:
Peach can't really win air battles with Rosalina so much. You have a decent speed bair that bais mines in range. Her Fair is ok and has range. My fair is slow. So having air battles with her is something I try not to let happen so much.I can die early from these wars. Really when returning on the stay. If Peach tries to panic to dairs when returning, you should not have much of a problem beating her out with U/B/Fair. This is a situation I seriously have to take my time.

How do I avoid this. I mix up air and grounded approaches so if you toss out a move and I am grounded, I can punish your landing or get close to you upon your landing and then put you on the defense for me to take the offense. Adding this with Peach sick movement, it just makes it hard to tell wether to cover the air or ground. Giving me better chances to start air pressure like with dairs/nairs and turnip approaches. And can even hit you out the start up of your air moves. When I am returning back n the stage, I am hella patient. I won't really throw out alot of moves. I'll just weave in and out in the air. And go for mostly slick low recoveries. It's harder to hit Peach when she recovers low.

Your goal in this match up is to stay as close to Peach much as possible. The moment you play like a coward is the moment you are giving me chances to go in and pressure you. Your shield options are not good vs me. You really can't throw out attacks out of shield. You are forced to just block and roll. And this is what I look for in players. Then I bait it and punish it. Do not have Peach all over you. Luma helps get out of this mess with nair by a lil. When I am on you, you have to respect me and don't try to mash a button. A smart Peach will frame trap the hell out of you. And Peach has some nasty Frame traps.

You need to guard luma and not just throw her out there. I say have her with you alot. If you ever send luma out there make sure its at a safe distance where Peach is and harass her with start bits. Then move in. Do not just sit back. Or call luma back after (unless you really have to for whatever reason.) Cause the player would be dealing with luma. And might be sleeping on you. This can lead to a tricky approach to get in and catch the player open or defending. Now it is your chance to take the offense.

For custom moves, I would say use the startbit that just shoots one straight foward. This can help deal with her tricky movement and slow her down. Giving you a better chance to close the gap. And her lma teleport. This is really good to catch her by surprise at a distance. The player will be on guard with it. Giving you better chances to move in and close the gap.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For how Peach deals with you , you can look here so you know what to expect and learn more from my end. Just ignore anything that deals with TLC since that is gone. I have to re- edit the guide.

http://smashboards.com/threads/peach-match-up-thread-sonic-rosalina-luma-added.373319/

I feel the match up is even. If I was to lean it to Peach favor its because of my movement and my many ways to approach. Rosalinas approaches are kinda typical and/or limited. And Rosalina really just can't be throwing out moves. Same time Toad/Fair can easliy send luma off the stage. I feel the match up does become in my Favor the moment Luma is gone. You now have no Out of shield options. And its easier to get close to you for pressure. Just take your time I seriously be careful with luma. You seriously need her here and just don't throw her out there. Peach is one of the characters that can end lumas life quick. She goes not care about hit points here.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch : So I'm taking it that you're 50:50 with the match-up?

Anyway, I've updated the schedule with the next two character match-ups that we'll be analyzing. Week 5 will be Luigi, while week 6 will be Diddy Kong.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
For now, yea. I have not play against her too much to much. They can both pretty much harass each other well when one has control of the match.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ok gonna go over things I try to avoid vs her and why.

Not have her in my blind spot:
Peach's blind spot is standing out of her Nair range. I can't really do anything to be that much of a threat to you. She has nothing that is really fast for me to be throwing out. Your jabs with luma in this spot is really good and would stop all my attacks. Even a turnip toss. And you can easily cover a roll with jab cancel mix ups and then punish my roll with something. It does not matter what character you are, if I have someone in my blind spot, im in trouble. Rosalina is one of the better characters that cover that well with jab mix ups, starbits and F/Dtilt. You wanna maintain this spot s much as you can. Its a pain in the *** getting out of this situation against a solid player. I can't really throw out a move. I have to be patient. and wait for a time to get out of there or attack if the player leaves one.

How I avoid this? Peach has I say these best movement in the game. I have to stay moving in and out to make it hard what I will do and where I will be. I also use this with mixture of air and grounded spacing with a turnip in hand. Really hard to tell when to go on and back off. If the player is too slow and just wants to stay in one spot alot. This is your chance to go and cover that blind spot. if the player happens to wanna get turnips alot, they usually pin themselves to the ledge. Go near them and have them there.Turnip tosses are not fast. You can jab me or tilt me before I can toss the item. If the player plays to chicken, they will usually pin themselves to the ledge. if you see the playing rolling back alot, slowly follow them and pin them to the ledge. Then stay on top of that blind spot.

Being in the air:
Peach can't really win air battles with Rosalina so much. You have a decent speed bair that bais mines in range. Her Fair is ok and has range. My fair is slow. So having air battles with her is something I try not to let happen so much.I can die early from these wars. Really when returning on the stay. If Peach tries to panic to dairs when returning, you should not have much of a problem beating her out with U/B/Fair. This is a situation I seriously have to take my time.

How do I avoid this. I mix up air and grounded approaches so if you toss out a move and I am grounded, I can punish your landing or get close to you upon your landing and then put you on the defense for me to take the offense. Adding this with Peach sick movement, it just makes it hard to tell wether to cover the air or ground. Giving me better chances to start air pressure like with dairs/nairs and turnip approaches. And can even hit you out the start up of your air moves. When I am returning back n the stage, I am hella patient. I won't really throw out alot of moves. I'll just weave in and out in the air. And go for mostly slick low recoveries. It's harder to hit Peach when she recovers low.

Your goal in this match up is to stay as close to Peach much as possible. The moment you play like a coward is the moment you are giving me chances to go in and pressure you. Your shield options are not good vs me. You really can't throw out attacks out of shield. You are forced to just block and roll. And this is what I look for in players. Then I bait it and punish it. Do not have Peach all over you. Luma helps get out of this mess with nair by a lil. When I am on you, you have to respect me and don't try to mash a button. A smart Peach will frame trap the hell out of you. And Peach has some nasty Frame traps.

You need to guard luma and not just throw her out there. I say have her with you alot. If you ever send luma out there make sure its at a safe distance where Peach is and harass her with start bits. Then move in. Do not just sit back. Or call luma back after (unless you really have to for whatever reason.) Cause the player would be dealing with luma. And might be sleeping on you. This can lead to a tricky approach to get in and catch the player open or defending. Now it is your chance to take the offense.

For custom moves, I would say use the startbit that just shoots one straight foward. This can help deal with her tricky movement and slow her down. Giving you a better chance to close the gap. And her lma teleport. This is really good to catch her by surprise at a distance. The player will be on guard with it. Giving you better chances to move in and close the gap.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For how Peach deals with you , you can look here so you know what to expect and learn more from my end. Just ignore anything that deals with TLC since that is gone. I have to re- edit the guide.

http://smashboards.com/threads/peach-match-up-thread-sonic-rosalina-luma-added.373319/

I feel the match up is even. If I was to lean it to Peach favor its because of my movement and my many ways to approach. Rosalinas approaches are kinda typical and/or limited. And Rosalina really just can't be throwing out moves. Same time Toad/Fair can easliy send luma off the stage. I feel the match up does become in my Favor the moment Luma is gone. You now have no Out of shield options. And its easier to get close to you for pressure. Just take your time I seriously be careful with luma. You seriously need her here and just don't throw her out there. Peach is one of the characters that can end lumas life quick. She goes not care about hit points here.
Needed a lot of time to read this. But pretty good explanation!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Not many people around here are gonna put the time to play a challenging and hard to use character so not surprised. Im the only Peach player around here and believe in this state.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
if @ Dabuz Dabuz and @ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch did some Rosa vs Peach videos and posted them in here with their thoughts of the MU, I'd say that would possibly be grounds for the best matchup discussion week we've had.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
if @ Dabuz Dabuz and @ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch did some Rosa vs Peach videos and posted them in here with their thoughts of the MU, I'd say that would possibly be grounds for the best matchup discussion week we've had.
A very,very excellent idea. You both live in New York right @ Dabuz Dabuz , @ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch ? Why not make a video and you two both use these two characters? Even though this MU is about to come to a close. Can you two upload a video here? And tell what do you guys think?(This is way more convinceable rather than just we ametuers talking.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
We cant just easily met up play each other. I live in the city (New York City) while he lives more to the eastern part of New York (Long Island). We would have to meet at a tournament and have an exhibition match or something and have it recorded.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
We cant just easily met up play each other. I live in the city (New York City) while he lives more to the eastern part of New York (Long Island). We would have to meet at a tournament and have an exhibition match or something and have it recorded.
Oh, well, perhaps next time.....

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I'll actually be going to college in the city starting February so it'll be a bit late for the MU discussion but we can play somwtime then easily.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'll actually be going to college in the city starting February so it'll be a bit late for the MU discussion but we can play somwtime then easily.
Okay the, if you had the experience fighting with this character, you can just post a tournament video if there is.
Next matchup after Luigi MU is Diddy Kong(Luigi is just too easy). I bet you had fought with a lot of Diddy Kong pros in many tournaments right @ Dabuz Dabuz ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom