• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, if the work thing is not an issue however, since I know the twins usually book off both the saturday and the sunday we could always have it at my place.

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
Lol ya this monthly's date has been everywhere, and still not set in stone due to the venue. I vote our TO's make a final decision based on what they know, and as a result, where it will be held, and we don't whine lol.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I talked to Tin man last night about this and he said there may be some interest so I am gonna post it here.

AB is thinking about having a multigame tournament that will include smash. There will be a $200 starter pot with pay outs all the way to 5th place. Initially it was going to be on the same weekend as CoT5, but that has changed and will be hosted the weekend before. I know travelling is very expensive, especially twice, but to my understanding going to CoT5 isn't costing you very much.

I have interest from BC as well. All hypotheticals, this could turn out to be a lame AB, 11 man tournament, or it could be something good. I'll probably get a thread up soon (after finals), but I am just seeing what kind of interest there is.
Quoted from the toronto thread (my post).

I want each and every person to enter this from Edmonton. I am getting interest from BC, EC and blunted object is living in sask now and says he's interested and will bring people with him. We should try our best to get everyone who used to enter to enter (Red comet, JAPAN, Karl, Kyle, Solaris, Fraser etc.)

Oh and I should probably mention this is a shiro event. He found a really nice venue.... Like really nice. Tons of PC's, ps3s, xboxs and wiis for us to use. We will have 6 wii setups to start off with.

T-block

B2B TST
Red Comet is in Grand Prarie atm... doubt he'd be able to make it. I'll mention it to Karl and Sean.

Maybe repeat the date for everyone Luke?

Executive talk time: Mike, talk to me on MSN when you see this please.

Everyone check Alberta Genesis 2 group. Thanks.

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
Agreed Luke, everyone from here should attend, but more importantly show interest and hype this to entice other provinces. You know the twins and I are down, and whatever we can do to make it work, lemme know i'd be down to help.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I REALLY doubt blunted will come for a brawl tournament when he only plays melee

and what EC? nova scotia or quebec/ontario too?
You don't know what you're talking about.

Blunted enters almost every brawl tournament in BC AND he said in the sask thread he is interested in coming.

And by EC I meant mostly ontario.

Brown.

Smash Apprentice
I MIGHT be able to convince some of my other "less good" friends to come to that, possibly have a amatuer tournament lol.

lilseph

Smash Ace
If it is on the 18th im 90% sure i wont come. My 18th birthday is on the 16th soooo....

Alphicans

Smash Hero
So? Have w.e party you want the weekend after or since it's the summer just sometime during the week. You have all week to celebrate your b-day, but only one day to attend this. I think there will be blazblue too.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
haha it's a run to raise money for below the waist cancer. everyone participating runs it in their underwear, it's gonna be awesome lol, but yea because i've made a commitment and raised money for it already, i can't back out now

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
yea i could make it for singles prob, though i'm still trying to decide whether or not i should join my girlfriend in her camping trip, cuz they're headed out friday and i could just go saturday after my run

for some reason i thought this tourney was out of province lol

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Aww yeah, that attendance. 3 extra people.

What are we looking at?

Me
Dan
Jack
Mark
Ash
Alvin
Kelvin
Jamie
Keith
Mike H
Mike W
Stephen
Brandon
Adam
Ganonlink
Darren?
David?

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
hey guys! good news!
i talked with the room booking for student groups, and because of the whole re-registering of student groups while student group services is switching over to a new website and pretty much re-creating their group database, they've had tons of issues with booking, so they're allowing me to book a room now since we're already registered in the old database but haven't finished re-registering in their new database (just need to get maiko to sign that liability form when he gets here, easy peazy)

basically what i'm saying is, we have GSB 211 booked again for this sunday may 1st!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom