• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors! (Edmonton, AB) - NEW LOCATION - April 27th, 2013 - Edmonton, Alberta

brningpyre

Smash Lord
*playing some Wi-fi, havin' a good time in teams with some California dudes*

*KillLock: who's up for 1v1*

KillLock's a pretty cool guy. He swings swords and doesn't afraid of IC's. I'll play with him.

*WII CRASHES*

:(

KillLock

Smash Lord
Try using a different brawl disc next time just to see if it's the disc causing the issue :)

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Try using a different brawl disc next time just to see if it's the disc causing the issue :)
I was using my new Brawl disc, and it was working with MK just fine (which is where the old one crashes). Maybe I should play with the SD card out? (Jamie put on some music hacks)

Limeee

Smash Champion
we dont even have any custom music on there, i just used a hack that switched around the songs, it doesn't need the sd card or homebrew so i dont think thats it

:009:

T-block

B2B TST
music swap will crash it when you try to play online

if you're not the host, the game will try to load whatever music has been decided on the host's wii. if you've swapped it on your save file so that that music isn't actually available for that stage, it won't be able to load the song and the game will crash.

keep in mind the hack alters the save file so that the swap stays even when loading without hacks, so taking out the sd card or loading normally won't fix it. to change it back, you'll have to run the code to swap them back to default.

KillLock

Smash Lord
Mike nailed it. Considering that I've been the one hosting the game and Keith would always crash.

T-block

B2B TST
same thing happens if you try to load a replay that's saved on a music swapped wii. if your own music swap doesn't have that same song, it'll crash.

that's why i undid my swap only a couple months after i first changed things =(

Yoshara

Smash Lord
music swap will crash it when you try to play online

if you're not the host, the game will try to load whatever music has been decided on the host's wii. if you've swapped it on your save file so that that music isn't actually available for that stage, it won't be able to load the song and the game will crash.

keep in mind the hack alters the save file so that the swap stays even when loading without hacks, so taking out the sd card or loading normally won't fix it. to change it back, you'll have to run the code to swap them back to default.
That is why I never used the music swap code, and instead use the hack to load music files off of the SD card, because the hack for loading them off of the SD card is still looking for the same file, it just loads a replacement, and thus causes no issues with online and replays.

T-block

B2B TST
i tried to find you the .gct that just has default music swap but i can't seem to find it =(

brawl saves aren't easily transferrable. it's easier to just use the code to swap the music back =\

smash stack is a really exploit though... using it to launch gecko is probably the easiest way ^^

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I got it working now. Homebrew wouldn't load through Smash Stack for whatever reason, so I just used it to go straight to Gecko (I understand how the boot.elf files work now).

Thanks for the help, Mike (even though I didn't see your last post until after I tried just doing Gecko first) - I wouldn't have realized the problem without you.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sorry guys, I can't make it to the next monthly. Got my grandparent's 60th anniversary coming up so I'll be down in Medicine Hat for that. My bad, Darren. I'm still gonna figure out going to Phoenix though right away.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Dang. I wanted to honestly make an effort to actually play more then just BlazBlue over there. :p

One monthly without me won't be so bad. Even if it means you miss a free match (no really. i'm free until I get past those ICs lol).

brningpyre

Smash Lord
That's what I like to hear. I didn't actually hear from Stephan whether he'd be hosting this week, though (unless I missed it).

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Sorry guys, I can't make it to the next monthly. Got my grandparent's 60th anniversary coming up so I'll be down in Medicine Hat for that. My bad, Darren. I'm still gonna figure out going to Phoenix though right away.
No worries man haha

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Jamie is so good haha
I'd defs team with him again.

Me and Brandon were gonna team for P7 so we were gonna practice this monthly, but oh well.

Jamie, team again? :p

ganonlink

Smash Journeyman
i met a guy at work today that likes smash and he knows quite a bit. im going to try and get him at the monthly's

:phone:

Top Bottom