• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Band 2

Somasu

Smash Ace
I'm so excited for Dream Theater <3 They're like.. my favorite band ever, and the fact that they're finally in a rhythm game that I play makes me cream my pants. Thankfully it's also a song that sounds like it might be pretty tough for all of the instruments.

Here's hoping there's some DLC for them in te near future =)

Somasu

Smash Ace
Can't imagine how long it's gonna take for you guys to get RB2 =/ It's ludicrious that they had to way almost a year.

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
just a thought...

Madden 09 will have about 30-40 songs, and Rock Band 2 will release 20 free downloadable songs at the release of...Rock Band 2. COuld the Madden 09 soundtrack be the free songs?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
For the 360 release they explained they didn't have enough time to secure the licenses to release the full 100 they wanted, so they are putting 20 songs for free on Day 1 + Rock Band 1 if you have the game, + your old DLC + Rock Band 2's 84 tracks.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
over 400 actually, like 420.

Screw rockband.
Official date and price cqame out today, October 12th and FOUR HUNDRED AND NINTY DOLLARS.

Screw Harmonix. Seriously, unless there's a game that's totally 'omfg' I'm going out of my way never to buy a harmonix game ever.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
What.

The.

Jesus, Rock Band is fun, but there is no way in hell I'd get it at that price. Hopefully you know some friends(but odds are they are as shocked and pissed as we are).

Wrath`

Smash Master
$490 US? cause the euro is worth more than the US dollar now, so if we convert it, it might be less techniclay.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Possible release dates:

Xbox 360: September 14
PS3: October 19
Wii: November 18

Hell yes.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Guys, that is just the Australia prices. It's not NA. If you live in North America, it'll probably be the same price.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Possible release dates:

Xbox 360: September 14
PS3: October 19
Wii: November 18

Hell yes.
Thank god I have a 360. But that's disc only- bundles come later. And the 360 release date has been known for quite some time.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Oh, and October 19th is the release date of the bundle for 360, as well- I believe.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Isn't music dl'd for rockband 1 accessible on rockband 2? if so i wont even skip a beat in forgetting about the wii.

Yaya

Smash Champion
They aren't half assing RB Wii?

YESH!

However. The full version of RB2 on Wii is just proof that Harmonix and Pi Studios didn't really try in porting the game to the Wii, they just added 5 more songs when they had plenty of time.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I wish a Bright Eyes pack would hit the market place.

I can think of several songs that would be great for vocals, guitar, and drums. Bass would be the problem since its kind of folky.

My dream songs would be
Bowl of Oranges
Don't Know When But a Day Will Come
Method Acting
Trees Get Wheeled Away

But for all kinds of reasons it would never happen.

I'm curious to hear which songs you'd all like in/as dlc

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
RB2 Achievements were released a few days ago:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/897/897508p1.html

And Tuesdays DLC:

Airbourne – Runnin' Wild
DevilDriver – Clouds Over California
Dream Theater – Constant Motion
Killswitch Engage – My Curse
Machine Head – Aesthetics Of Hate
Megadeth – Sleepwalker

I'm probably gonna pick them up just for a challenge since it's only 480 points for all of them.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Great news! More Rush master tracks!

As in, the entire Moving Pictures album!

Best DLC ever. Moving Pictures is such a good album. Tom Sawyer should be discounted, as EVERYONE has the song already, and then there's other people like myself who also have the Limelight cover that was released as DLC not long after Rock Band came out. I'll gladly pay the 880 points ($11) for the album though, as buying all the other songs would cost 800 points ($10) anyways.

Now... what is the vocalist going to do during YYZ? Clap the entire time?

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Eh. Not really into it. It seems like there's such a focus on 1970's classic rock, which is alright, I guess. But I wish it wasn't so uncool to be into bands of which the members are still in their late 20's and a bit mainstream. Not Nickelback-mainstream, but there is good music that was originally released on CDs instead of LPs.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I knew Float On would be terribly low on the tier list, but wow! Second song! Well, I guess it'll be awesome to play inebriated without having to worry about failing, though I'll probably kick on the "Cant Fail Out" mode for those nights.

Top Bottom