• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Robotic Uprising: The R.O.B. Army Engages" - A ROB forums compilation video.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I forgot about that one; what a hilarious kill.

That was luck, iirc.

But they say it's better to be lucky than good, so who knows?

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Ok... so, i needs some folks to get in contact with me so I can send some replays to. In the meantime, feel free to look at the montage videos I have posted on youtube and pirate clips from that. The fact that there is music over the clips shouldn't be a problem, just simply mute whatever clips you choose to use.

Im simply going to compile one video of some clips (once I get them converted and such), and you can just pick and choose. These won't be edited in any fashion, but I figured having one vid to work with and selecting clips from it would be easier than having to deal with like... several.

At any rate- here are the links to my montages, feel free to use whatever you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwOHIPzXgQA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU4Fy1uaAtw&feature=related

Sudai

Stuff here
I finally finished restoring my E-Drive (all data restored too, ****ers. EAT THAT HDD GODS! > : O ) so y'all can expect more clips rolling in from me soonish. I'll also finally get around to updating the first thread with all the clips I've gotten in either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I too just finished fixing my computer. I'll start ripping from my stack of VHS soon.

Sudai

Stuff here
XD

For some reason, that entire set drew more attention than any other set at the tourney. Also happened to be the longest set. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Or maybe it was. :p

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, Sudai loves his ledge. I play a D3 main quite frequently and that is by far the best position to be in against him from what I can tell and it's just kind of rubbed off onto other matches. Especially matches where I don't have much experience (aka Lucario).

I actually have the nick name "Su(ledge camp)dai" in Dallas and any time someone regrabs the ledge 4 or more times before standing on stage, they're "pulling a Sudai." Sadly, Plank is stealing my thunder in Florida and the term "planking" is spreading around there for ledge camping. XD

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
So, ive made it easier on Sudai and others who peruse videos. I took some clips and cut them out of the vids and threw them all together into a video. In the process of rendering it and uploading it. I'll post that tomorrow, as well as label my favorite individual snippets from my previous videos so that they won't have to weed through my non-favorites. As mentioned before, most of mine are nifty laser/gyro trixies, or set-ups into combos... as that's more or less my strong suit.

Sudai

Stuff here
<3 Dull. I still need to update the OP...I'll probably do that once you post your clips up. :x

Edit: I actually updated it just now. Figured if I was too lazy to do it right now, I'd be too lazy to do -more- once Dull got his up. XD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i havnt been reading this thread for a while lol, someone mind catching me up to speed (or however that expression goes lol)
only reason im rly askin is cause im supposed to be editing it lol i think
is someone else helping with the actual editing part, like i know people have been posting good clips, and if perhaps someone could cut out all the clips, that would help me A LOT. if i have all the clips seperated, i can make a combo vid quite fast.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
okely dokely... here we go. Imma post the links to the vids I already posted (again) but this time with my 'fav clips' sectioned out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwOHIPzXgQA

:23-:34 ; Typical F-air WoP KO on a Marth. Every ROB should have one.
1:22-:32; gyro trixy to KO
1:43-1:56; Short combo which leads to a gyro, and a laser bonced off the stage to KO a Pit
2:01-2:06; A 'lol-ish' moment- gyro shot to edge of stage, wait for opponent to Ledgehop...profit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU4Fy1uaAtw
:00-:16; 0-122% Combo on Wolf
2:00-2:14; laser and gyro shots to a spike
~2:40-2:47; falling gyro shot on a snake coming to attempt a spike. Followed by a spike of my own
2:47-2:57; gyro shot and bounced off of the side of PS1 to hit a Fox for the KO
~3:07-3:15; short combo to a perfectly aimed gyro to clash with a PKT2 to shorten it for th KO
3:50-3:54; best KO on a Snake... EVER

http://files.filefront.com/robcommunitympg/;12212534;/fileinfo.html
(my new clips)
:00-:05; backthrow to laser to gyro to laser edgeguard for the KO
~;15-~21; my gyro is caught, and thrown at me like... 4 times. Definately a blooper moment.
:22-:32; edguarding with a dinky gyro which hits a Pikachu below the stage
:36-:56; an almost 0-death (95%) combo on Falco (got hit by his phantasm)
~:56-1:02; lul-ish gyro shot to an aethering Ike who gets knocked out of it, tries to >B, but fails for the KO
1:03-1:14; BLOOPER... i messed up an alternating B-air stall and >B'd for the SD
1:16-1:22; I shoot a laser and bank it off the UNDERSIDE of FD to snipe a Up+B-ing Pit for the KO
1:24-1:37; Run off the stage to a turn-around laser to snipe a pit going under the stage for the KO at like...11%
1:37-1:43(ish) Fully charged laser snip from outside of the stage window, to hit a Falco on the other side of SV for the KO.
1:44-1:51; gyro mindgames to bait a counter, then KO the Marth.
2:15-2:30; utter **** of a Sheik
2:33-2:48; 0-110% combo on a Wolf
2:49-2:54; laser snipe of an Up+bing pit while he is below the stage in a magnifying glass
2:58-end; Just pure **** of a Marth's first stock.

Also... you can stream from filefront now so you can sort of 'preview' it before you d/l!

Edit: Since some of the replays have like P1 and P2 as people's tags, IMO, the montage should be broken up into individual players. Im sure this is what you had in mind, but just wanted to make sure.

Edit: "individual PLAYERS", not characters. Silly ol' me

Sudai

Stuff here
Chibo, we're still in the clip collecting phase atm. All the clips I've watched have been added to the main page. Also, once clips are done being brought in, I was planning to put up multiple votes (one per player) to determine what people thought their best clips are. This'll save us from having to clip every single vid that comes in. Not sure how many clips I'm going to limit it to per person or w/e, but I'll figure all that out when I feel like we have a sufficient amount of clips. Definitely planning to contact you when it gets close to editing time if it seems like you aren't actively keeping up with this thread. : )

Dull, I'd watch through that right now, but no time cause I'm making a 5 hr drive in less than an hour, but I'll definitely look through those this weekend. : )

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83OWCeUtaMw

35 seconds of UTilt. Sorry for the crappy camera. I'm not really sure what category you'd put this under.
To quote Family Guy: I'm going to give what's known as... a compliment sandwhich. I'm going to start off with a positive, then mention the negative, and end on a positive.

Silly computer! I chuckled.

Anything against a CPU probably won't be used in the vid- but, that's up to the powers that be.

Umm... you... your handle makes me think of that ol' PS game, "soul reaver", which brings back fond childhood memories.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I have a capture card which is why I've already offered to capture it for anyone :laugh:
What kind of capture card do you have? I'm considering purchasing one, and I don't want to waste precious moolah on one that I either can't use bc it doesnt work with the wii for w/e reason or because my comp needs a certain card or w/e

If anyone else knows any cheaper method of video capture, let me know ;)

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Not accepting stuff against CPUs or camera recorded. Live feed only for quality sake. Sorry. D:
Oh, off topic as it pertains to the quote. BUT... it'd be really neat if like, each of the people featured could like... either in the credits or as an opening... submit a pic of them. So, it'd be like

*bunch of overlaid clips from everyone*
*title*
*move to first person's set of clips* Person A's pic (set of clips)
*move to next person's clips* Person B's pic (set of clips)
etc...

Just a thought that you might wanna think over & rub by Chibo.. but it would help give a 'face' to the ROB community.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman

Sudai

Stuff here
I was planning to ask for a personal clip of each person (doing what it is you do, only thing I'd accept camera recording for. :p)

As for the video layout, I was planning this:

• Random awesome ROB clips either in Brawl or w/e.
  • Title
  • Player highlights
    • personal clip
    • game footage
  • Bloopers mixed
  • Awesome recoveries

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
I was planning to ask for a personal clip of each person (doing what it is you do, only thing I'd accept camera recording for. :p)

As for the video layout, I was planning this:

• Random awesome ROB clips either in Brawl or w/e.
  • Title
  • Player highlights
    • personal clip
    • game footage
  • Bloopers mixed
  • Awesome recoveries
good plan.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Every recovery with ROB is awesome :)

Edit: Awww man I have to show my skin now?

My 15 year old body is not ready for such exposure bros

Most places give you 10-15 for that

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Neh, I'm 20.

Turning 18 was strange, cuz suddenly it was "holy crap, that 16-year-old is suddenly illegal." What a world.

Sudai

Stuff here
17 is legal here. I really wanna go to Mexico though, cause the limit there is 13.. >.>;

Annyyywwwwaaaaayyyyyy.......

As for the "personal clip" thing, you don't have to put one up, you can give us a clip you'd rather use instead. I'm actually thinking about splicing barney into my opening clip. :p (liez)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Can we just submit a pic instead? I wanna submit the pic of my Halloween costume this year with which I WON the costume contest at Chudat's Special Halloween Biweekly and got a gamecube controller autographed by all the members of H2YL (Azen, Chillin, Chu, Chinesah)! Yeah, I'm that awesome.

If you can't guess what my costume was, look at my name. JCaez came as himself.

Top Bottom