• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin's Fox Trotting?

Puff-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
iiFoxx_Puffii
So most of us know that Robin is one of the slowest characters in the game. So I went on Battle Field and started fox trotting with :4robinf: and found out that she can go to the end of the stage faster by Fox trotting! Is this true?

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
I don't personally find Robin's foxtrot to be much use as a movement tool. It can help as a small adjustment to your spacing, but despite having such a terrible initial dash, she wasn't compensated with any flexibility; by which I mean that Robin's dash is still a commitment despite being so short and slow because the cooldown on her dash is deceptively long. It tends to catch me off guard because it looks like she's stopped moving already, so I go to jab and DERP DASH ATTACK HOPE I DIDN'T JUST HIT A SHIELD. It's really frustrating actually, lol. That said, I do think that foxtrot still has applications; if your opponent isn't intimately familiar with that same cooldown, you can sort of mindgame them by doing initial dash -> Robin has stopped moving but is still actually in the dash cooldown animation -> dash grab dat shield. Our range on dash grab is at least tolerable, so you stand a decent chance of catching someone this way if you can make them expect a jab or Ftilt.

Last edited:

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much thinking about the same as what Sun said for the first part about being commitment. Maybe foxtrotting could serve some purposes, it is an interesting way of moving so I'd need to see possible applications... but I'm not sure how it's useful atm.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Fox trotting actually does improve one thing; Robin's dash-canceled grab. It makes it easier to perform, for some odd reason.

Wnyke

Smash Cadet
I use it when I sent my opponent far away and I consider edgeguarding a better option over charging thunder, also when running away cause you know dash sucks...

Top Bottom