• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Robin Patch Notes 1.1.3

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I figured I'd have more time to get this thread up, but we'll be discussing and attempting to verify any changes for this patch in this thread.

Fortunately, data-miners are already ahead of us, and the following changes have already been CONFIRMED
  • Ftilt
    • Size increased 4.0 -> 5.0, position tweaked
  • Nair
    • Hitbox 0/1 (both hits) size increased 4.0 -> 5.0, position tweaked
    • Hitbox 2 (both hits) size increased 3.0 -> 5.0
  • Fair (Levin)
    • Late hitbox size increased 1.5 -> 2.5, position tweaked
  • Dair (Levin)
    • Early damage 10 -> 11
    • Hitbox 1 (non-spike) angle 80 -> 70
    • Both hitboxes size 4.0 -> 4.5
    • Transition from early to middle hitboxes after 1 -> 2 frames
    • Late hit damage 5.0 -> 8.0
    • New late 6.0 damage hitbox added?
Will can test ourselves later when the patch actually drops, but data-miners are doing most of the heavy lifting here.

Janno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Janno123
So since im not a native english speaker, i dont really get what "tweaked" means (using a translater doesnt really help)
Can someone explain it?

Otherwise seems like the buffs arent that Great this time. No bigger grab range :(

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It means 'adjusted slightly' or 'changed a little'. Usually means it didn't change significantly and tends to imply that it's not necessarily either a buff or nerf.

Probably a buff in this context, though.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
God, the buff to ftilt has me so psyched

I always wanted that move to be a proper spacing tool

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, what do these changes mean for us? Are any of these significant improvements (or downgrades)?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Theorycrafting, mind you, but these should all help our ground spacing game.

F-tilt's hitbox got buffed from 4.0 to 5.0, net increase of 25%. That's huge, given how good pivot f-tilt already is for spacing.

Both hitboxes of Nair got buffed as well, which is going to help a LOT in matchups where it's useful, and probably make it more viable against smaller characters, too.

Late Fair hitbox buff should just make it less finnicky to hit with the sourspot? This can only benefit us, as it just makes it easier to get late-fair if you mis-space the sweetspot.

Dair buffs just make hitting Dair more rewarding. Nothing about the changes should affect how we actually use the move.
God, the buff to ftilt has me so psyched

I always wanted that move to be a proper spacing tool
Ftilt already is an excellent ground spacer (out of a pivot), this just makes it even better.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I'm most psyched about the Nair hitbox size increase. Almost double on the back hit, that's crazed! I assume it's in some sort of "area units".

Not a really -extravagant- buff for us but hey I'll take whatever we can get. Buffs to Nair, Ftilt, and Dair, some of our moves that are a little lackluster compared to the others. Robin is pretty "balanced" around the upper-middle of the pack so I doubt we're going to get any more really significant buffs. I hope I'm wrong about that, though.

Last edited:

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
Oooooh nair changes have me excited. I hope I can hit more shorties now.
otherwise back to crying about being bad at spacing

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Linkshot Linkshot @Thinkaman

@Dathx , @Sonic Storm , @Delzethin and I are testing.

We're pretty sure something has changed with Robin's D-throw endlag. We're able to connect Checkmate at later percents than previous, and D-throw -> Fair and D-throw -> Bair is now true combo'ing in training mode where it did not before.

We've ruled out jumpsquat (still 7 frames) and Uair start-up (still 10 frames) via 60 FPS examination. Can you wizards help us out?

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
I'm just glad Robin didn't get nerfed. I always get paranoid about that after every patch.

These buffs don't seem very useful, but hey, they're still buffs.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
We're pretty sure something has changed with Robin's D-throw endlag. We're able to connect Checkmate at later percents than previous, and D-throw -> Fair and D-throw -> Bair is now true combo'ing in training mode where it did not before.

We've ruled out jumpsquat (still 7 frames) and Uair start-up (still 10 frames) via 60 FPS examination. Can you wizards help us out?
Between my unpatched 3DS and the WiiU the endlag on the downthrow seems the exact same to me, the patched one isn't any faster. But it looks like the knockback growth on it got lowered?

M@v

Subarashii!
Think the nair buff is going to be a big deal. Hopefully it encourages Robins to do shff nairs more, using the first hit as a poke/spacer.

Linkshot

Smash Hero

I'm lacking in arcane scrolls as it is, and doing a quick search isn't unearthing any files. Mastercore doesn't seem to have 176 up, either. I'm guessing they're keeping things in a close circle of people that won't throw wild guesses out.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm lacking in arcane scrolls as it is, and doing a quick search isn't unearthing any files. Mastercore doesn't seem to have 176 up, either. I'm guessing they're keeping things in a close circle of people that won't throw wild guesses out.
Darn, thanks for checking in at least.

DeadLuckChris

Smash Cadet
kinda hoping for his special to be buff, but this is still amazing. Slowly moving forward one update at a time.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

By later percents, do you mean that Checkmate continues to connect at later percents than it did previously, or does it now only connect at those later percents?

Tricky Al

Smash Cadet
Buuuuffs!! I'm digging that NAir 2 hitbox increase. It's a nice mixup for the NAir gimps but I always miss with it. Ftilt too? This pleases me

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The former. Early window is the same, works for longer.
So a straight up buff to one of our most potent kill options?

This day just keeps getting better and better. :estatic:

M@v

Subarashii!
Ok, officially LOVING the nair change. Feels like I have Brawl Marth's nair now minus the tipper power <3

_Shinta_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinta_kenshin
3DS FC
4914-4219-5499
Maybe Placebo, but is Thoron safer on shield? Just did Thoron and buffered f smash and the f smash hit fox before he could attack me (he was a tiny bit more than arc fire distance away)

SpaghettiWeegee

Smash Apprentice
Think the nair buff is going to be a big deal. Hopefully it encourages Robins to do shff nairs more, using the first hit as a poke/spacer.
Just wanted to mention that fast-falling out of nair is probably a bad idea, since you'd fall into landing lag when there's typically a better option. You'd probably be better served to try to land in the autocancel window at the very end of it, avoiding the landing lag altogether. This would mean short hopping and then just drifting back down to the ground. I actually prefer it this way because it requires one less flick of the analog stick. That said, it means decreasing landing lag on nair, while a welcome inclusion, likely won't influence optimal Robin play that much.

Less landing lag across the board is super nice just the same. I'm still a little skeptical of how much of a difference two frames will make in a game where many characters have punishes that come out in 5 frames or fewer, but given how the electricity from Levin traps fighters in shield for longer, it does mildly buff Robin's neutral game and expand her safe pressuring options. Looking forward to learning the nuances of these changes.

If this is the last change made to Robin, provided the rest of the cast remains fairly about where they stand currently, I think I can live with that. She's always been on the cusp of solo viability, and I think that these minute buffs coupled with a bit more growth in her metagame will push her over the precipice. Let's get out there and tip some scales.

Nah

Smash Champion
Jeez, the balance team must have recently fallen in love with Robin or something. I can't believe we're getting stuff after everything they gave us in 1.10 (and fixing Wind Jab in 1.0.6). Not like most of this stuff is remotely huge or anything but hell I'll take it.

Kinda curious about the supposed Dthrow change so I'll try that out myself later.....

_Shinta_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinta_kenshin
3DS FC
4914-4219-5499
Just wanted to mention that fast-falling out of nair is probably a bad idea, since you'd fall into landing lag when there's typically a better option. You'd probably be better served to try to land in the autocancel window at the very end of it, avoiding the landing lag altogether. This would mean short hopping and then just drifting back down to the ground. I actually prefer it this way because it requires one less flick of the analog stick. That said, it means decreasing landing lag on nair, while a welcome inclusion, likely won't influence optimal Robin play that much.

Less landing lag across the board is super nice just the same. I'm still a little skeptical of how much of a difference two frames will make in a game where many characters have punishes that come out in 5 frames or fewer, but given how the electricity from Levin traps fighters in shield for longer, it does mildly buff Robin's neutral game and expand her safe pressuring options. Looking forward to learning the nuances of these changes.

If this is the last change made to Robin, provided the rest of the cast remains fairly about where they stand currently, I think I can live with that. She's always been on the cusp of solo viability, and I think that these minute buffs coupled with a bit more growth in her metagame will push her over the precipice. Let's get out there and tip some scales.
Agreed. Wish list would be less lag on arc fire XD

OH and IMO she kinda bops Cloud hard. I know that's way to early to say, but I'm calling it

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921

OH and IMO she kinda bops Cloud hard. I know that's way to early to say, but I'm calling it
Yeah, Robin seems to counter Cloud noticeably. Our projectiles cancel his Blade Beam(but not Limit Break ver)which was perhaps the only threat from him. His dashing speed you have to look out for, but his mainly short range on ground and predictable air makes him not too scary in 1v1.

I felt the same with Ryu too but good Ryus are SCARY.

_Shinta_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinta_kenshin
3DS FC
4914-4219-5499
Yeah, Robin seems to counter Cloud noticeably. Our projectiles cancel his Blade Beam(but not Limit Break ver)which was perhaps the only threat from him. His dashing speed you have to look out for, but his mainly short range on ground and predictable air makes him not too scary in 1v1.

I felt the same with Ryu too but good Ryus are SCARY.
That's cause one up tilt at 10% or more will likely lead to shoryuken death. :(

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Jeez, the balance team must have recently fallen in love with Robin or something. I can't believe we're getting stuff after everything they gave us in 1.10 (and fixing Wind Jab in 1.0.6). Not like most of this stuff is remotely huge or anything but hell I'll take it.

Kinda curious about the supposed Dthrow change so I'll try that out myself later.....
I wonder what we'll get if there's a new patch when Corrin/Kamui and Bayonetta come out. I hope we get less lag on Arcfire but most likely it'll be minor things...

Ignoth

Smash Cadet

There's definitely something going on with Robin's Dthrow. Samus used to be pretty much impossible to Checkmate in practice mode. Now it true combos at ~120%.

It seems like endlag change. Maybe the endlag doesn't scale with weight as much anymore?

Nah

Smash Champion
I'm not really seeing anything different with Dthrow combos =/

But I suppose someone will be able to confirm things soon enough.

It seems like endlag change. Maybe the endlag doesn't scale with weight as much anymore?
I don't think that weight has anything to do with endlag, though someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It definitely could be weight. Weight affects the total length of a throw animation. Light characters take less time than heavies to throw.

_Shinta_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinta_kenshin
3DS FC
4914-4219-5499
It definitely could be weight. Weight affects the total length of a throw animation. Light characters take less time than heavies to throw.
All I really know is I was kinda spotty on hitting checkmate successfully and was planning to grind the crap outta it during xmas break.

Now it seems like I'm almost a pro... Thanks daddy SAKURAI.

theyellowflash26

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theyellowflash26
3DS FC
3153-5006-0716
Apparently down smash total frames were dropped from 61 to 56, according to the patch notes thread.

Aein

Smash Cadet
NNID
vesferi
Checkmate is easier to do and aerials can be chained better! So happy about the landing lag reduction, every bit makes a difference. Dair is more useful onstage now. Now if only arcfire had a bit of ending lag reduced.... or throw range got buffed... No matter, these are so powerful. Levin Sword aerial animations in 3DS got flashier too, more thunder sparks around Robin even after the attack is finished. Stylish, haha. Although I didn't notice this in Wii U.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord

Cloud builds Limit fast against Robin because we're slow, and he can mitigate our projectile spam with Blade Beam. We're forced to come to him, but it's not that bad of a matchup I feel. His recovery is even worse than ours which is a huge plus, though we definitely don't beat him hard though.

Last edited:

_Shinta_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinta_kenshin
3DS FC
4914-4219-5499
Cloud builds Limit fast against Robin because we're slow, and he can mitigate our projectile spam with Blade Beam. We're forced to come to him, but it's not that bad of a matchup I feel. His recovery is even worse than ours which is a huge plus, though we definitely don't beat him hard though.
Clouds Blade beam is beaten out by ZSS gun (not charged) so I assume even just thunder or el thunder at the max cancels it out. Even if he gets the limit break we can wall him out and if he doesn't put much percent on we can just bait out the Finishing Touch as you can just shield it.

Speaking of shield, Cloud generally loses to shield... Against Robin and other campers his approaches are limited. Again IMO. He's hype for sure but don't think he's anything for us to be afraid of.

Top Bottom