• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Patch Notes - 1.1.0 - AND THEN THERE WAS BUFFS

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Old topic for 1.0.6 & 1.0.8: http://smashboards.com/threads/robin-patch-data-compilation-1-0-6-1-0-8-notes.398926/

So, we'll be using this topic for 1.1.0 notes, rather than keep using the old ones. Keep stuff separate.

As usual, be sure to test thoroughly and be very specific with the language you are using.

If you have multiple versions of the game to test on, fantastic!

If you can CONFIRM something, please state so.

If you THINK something has changed, please indicate that, and ask someone else to see if things have changed. Do not post 'speculative' changes in other places on the boards, or I'll personally find you and slap you.

Finally, if you THINK Arcfire got easier to DI out of, you're probably wrong, as people think that EVERY PATCH.
If you think Thoron got nerfed, you're probably wrong, as people think that EVERY PATCH.

At any rate, get hype!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full list of changes so far:

NEW DOWN THROW
VEEEERY low knockback. True combos into Jab,/U-tilt at low%s, U-Smash/Uair at mid and up, based on character weight. CHECK-MATE.

Up throw 8 --> 9, somewhat higher knockback

bronze fair 6.5 --> 7.5
Levin fair 11 --> 12.5
Thunder 3 --> 4.5
Elthunder 9 --> 10.5

U-Smash tipper hitbox size increased. 3.2 -> 4.3, lowered slightly.

Thunder recovery time reduced by 3 frames.
Elthunder recovery time reduced by 10 frames.
Arcthunder recovery time reduced by 10 frames.

(Same as above for all custom variants as well)

Elwind's first gust has triple the aerial control
Elwind's second gust has 30% more aerial control
Elwind's helpless state has 14% more aerial control.
Gliding Elwind's first gust has nearly triple the aerial control
Gliding Elwind's second gust has triple the aerial control

On the whole: BIG WINS ALL AROUND.

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Dunno if this has been shared yet but down throw sends people nowhere at low percent. Combos seem very possible though I don't know to what extent. This seems significant!

Last edited:

Creeper3971

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshiguy3971
Robin's Dthrow has been changed. It looks like Dthrow to Uair is now a thing! This seems great for Robin guys!

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Also please remember 3DS and Wii U have different stage blast zones. So be specific which system you're doing things on.

Last edited:

Zeiah92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeiah92
Wow that downthrow change sounds fascinating. Can't wait to try it out!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Confirmed:

D-throw KB significantly reduced. Much better for traps. Guaranteed combo into jab & U-tilt at various percents.
U-throw buffed from 8% to 9% damage.

Fair buffed from 11% to 12%.
Elthunder buffed from 9% to 10%.
Thunder buffed from 3% to 4%

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Robin's Dthrow has been changed. It looks like Dthrow to Uair is now a thing! This seems great for Robin guys!
Uair is not guaranteed. Only U-tilt and Jab.

JUST KIDDING LOL WE HAVE THE CHECKMATE

Last edited:

Zeiah92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeiah92
Confirmed:

D-throw KB significantly reduced. Much better for traps. Guaranteed combo into jab & U-tilt at various percents.

Oh so does this mean that we can downthrow into Jab jab wind/Fire? Sorry i'm still in the process of dowloading so cant really try it out yet.

Smash Journeyman
The second swing of jab seems to have a bit more range and seems better for locking people into jab combos. Can't confirm though, because I have no way to test with previous versions.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I think Arcthunder has a shorter cool down time to it. I'm not sure on it, but it feels like I'm able to act out of it sooner. Would you mind testing it?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think Arcthunder has a shorter cool down time to it. I'm not sure on it, but it feels like I'm able to act out of it sooner. Would you mind testing it?
Dath thinks this might be true, but we're not sure yet.

B-throw KB was nerfed.

Launcher speed at 0% on Mario in old version: 66 mph.
New version: 39 mph.

System change likely, disproven by raw data dumps.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Somebody might want to test this with Down-Throw. At around the 90%-130% mark, I have been able to connect a Down-Throw to Up-Air on a Level-9 Captain Falcon. Below that, he would air-dodge Up-Air, but so far, I have actually been able to get him without air-dodging around the 90-130% mark.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Somebody might want to test this with Down-Throw. At around the 90%-130% mark, I have been able to connect a Down-Throw to Up-Air on a Level-9 Captain Falcon. Below that, he would air-dodge Up-Air, but so far, I have actually been able to get him without air-dodging around the 90-130% mark.
Doesn't register as a combo in training. Not a combo.

Zeiah92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeiah92
I think this might be true too. I can easily link arc thunder to Nosferatu a few spaces away when is struggled before.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
U-throw KB was nerfed.

Launcher speed at 0% on Mario in old version: 69 mph.
New version: 39 mph.

Smash Journeyman
B-throw still seems decent at high percents. Was the KBG increased?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This is probably obvious, but with the change to D-Throw, Arcthunder -> D-Throw -> Wind Jab is a thing now, at least at lower percents. It has the potential to do massive damage if done right.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
F-throw KB was nerfed as well.

Launcher speed at 0% on Mario in old version: 56 mph.
New version: 26 mph.

B-throw still seems decent at high percents. Was the KBG increased?
Nope. Still significantly weaker even at like 125%.

Unless that's a difference between 3DS and WiiU versions...

Tectrix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tectrix
Confirmed:

It looks like elthunder actually does 10.5. I could be wrong though.

XXII FOOL

Smash Rookie
Changes i've observed:

NEW DOWN THROW
VEEEERY low knockback. Unsure of how good it is due to throw's endlag, and robin doesnt really have stuff like mario's tilts out of dthrow...
Up throw 8 --> 9, somewhat higher knockback

bronze fair 6.5 --> 7.5
Levin fair 11 --> 12.5
Thunder 3 --> 4.5
Elthunder 9 --> 10.5

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
...Why would they nerf our throws? I must be misunderstanding something here. Dthrow 'nerf' of course is actually an improvement, but what about the others? Did we just lose our kill throw, or is KBG sufficient to keep it going now?

accel

Smash Rookie
Doesn't register as a combo in training. Not a combo.
Long time lurker. Created an account just to say this:

Can confirm that at 112%+ it registers as a true combo in training mode (on Captain Falcon, at least).
Down Throw -> Full Jump Up-Air

In addition, 117% is the lowest that I can connect the following (on Captain Falcon in training mode as a true combo):
Down Throw -> Full Jump Forward-Air

Since it's training mode and I'm so ronery, I can't test DI or rage.

Also, please refer to: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3f8hvn/the_v110_patch_changelist/
Feel free to confirm/deny. Slight damage increases and down-throw combos/kill confirms may explain the reasoning for a back-throw nerf.

Edit:

Forgot to include Down throw -> Full Jump Neutral Air
Again, on Capt. Falcon in training mode. Lowest percentage I could get it to register as a true combo is 96%.

Last edited:

XXII FOOL

Smash Rookie
...Why would they nerf our throws? I must be misunderstanding something here. Dthrow 'nerf' of course is actually an improvement, but what about the others? Did we just lose our kill throw, or is KBG sufficient to keep it going now?
Pretty sure fthrow and back throw are untouched.
EDIT: back throw appears to be weaker...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
D-Throw into Jab will be a damn good combo.

There's also D-Throw into D-Smash but that might not be a true combo but something similar to Roy's D-Throw into hard read F-Smash

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I threw out arcthunder on wii U (current) and 3ds (prepatch) side by side at 1/4 speed and held shield. Shield comes out much faster on the new patch.

Edit: Ditto with thunder and elthunder. Thoron is unchanged as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Book glitch that prevents you from catching tomes that bounced onto Battlefield's platforms is gone.

Except for the Nosferatu tome. For some reason.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Long time lurker. Created an account just to say this:

Can confirm that at 112%+ it registers as a true combo in training mode (on Captain Falcon, at least).
Down Throw -> Full Jump Up-Air

In addition, 117% is the lowest that I can connect the following (on Captain Falcon in training mode as a true combo):
Down Throw -> Full Jump Forward-Air

Since it's training mode and I'm so ronery, I can't test DI or rage.

Also, please refer to: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3f8hvn/the_v110_patch_changelist/
Feel free to confirm/deny. Slight damage increases and down-throw combos/kill confirms may explain the reasoning for a back-throw nerf.

Edit:

Forgot to include Down throw -> Full Jump Neutral Air
Again, on Capt. Falcon in training mode. Lowest percentage I could get it to register as a true combo is 96%.
CONFIRMED!

https://twitter.com/SUGOI_Raziek/status/626952885943799808/video/1

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Book glitch that prevents you from catching tomes that bounced onto Battlefield's platforms is gone.

Except for the Nosferatu tome. For some reason.
Earlier today I caught a book that bounced off a platform on peach's castle and it still disappeared. It was during a match but I think I'm remembering it correctly.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I think pummel is faster now. But I need to re-check.
I got the sense that pummel seemed faster too, but I'm not really sure since I'm not playing against human players to test it. Robin's grab game seems a lot better now wit the throw changes.

Zeiah92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeiah92
Been fighting a lvl 9 just to test out the changes. Down throw-> arcthunder->Nosferatu = Amazing

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Cripes. I'll keep this short since I can't contribute much data right now, but... wow. This is very encouraging. I'm really eager to try Robin out with all these changes once I get the chance!

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I have a good background in brawl modding so I can read the code to some degree, here's the changes that are on Dantarion's mastercore. Just giving general stuff, nothing specific until I get more time.

Jab 2: More KB
Up Smash: larger hitboxes, it's positioned slightly lower too
fair got damage buffs
Up throw has more kb/damage? can't tell
downthrow has an increase and a decrease in a value. The decrease is a lot. I think the increase is Knock back growth and decrease is base kb

You guys can choose to believe me or not, but I implore you guys to check out my background in brawl coding both on Smashboards and KCMM.

Top Bottom