• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Needs Some Serious Buffs ASAP

On a scale of one to 10 (with 10 being the highest.), how dumb to you think I am?

• Total voters

Zio~

The Underdog
NNID
Fabri1794
3DS FC
3711-9383-8936
lol now Robin stands a chance against grefroggy

Last edited:

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
Alright, after a few days playing with Robin after his most recent buff I have to say, this helps a lot having a D Throw that combos. Seriously, at 90% (Exactly because past 99% your opponent can jump away) D Throw to Up Air with a Levin Sword Kills. Its also great making people be more cautious approaching Robin because he can combo them now. I dont think this will put Robin in a higher tier than bottom or middle mid tier but its a start.
Some changes I think would make him perfect after this patch are
A Speed Buff: After his D Throw buff his grab is more useful. Being able to be on the offensive as Robin could prove to be quite useful.
A Grab Buff: Not his throws. His throws are fine. But his grab range being increased and his grab lag being decreased would help with this new D Throw buff
An Arcfire speed/Endlag buff: I've already stated why I want this countless times so I'll just summarize here. Make Arcfire travel faster and decrease its Endlag.

Other than this Robin is fine after these buffs. The damage buffs were also a nice addition. Robins buffs have somewhat filled the hole in my heart after the K Rool, Chrom, and Llyod Mii Costumes. Lets pray for another buff in the future so Robin can once again tip some scales.

Wnyke

Smash Cadet
I loved the buffs, but I don't think robin needs any speed increase, but the grab range ooohhh the grab range, I end up using nosferatu most of the times cause the normal grab won't help...

Anyhow I like the thunder tome end lag decrease, the decision was buff thunder or buff arcfire, an arcfire buff might happen in the future for now I don't expect anything to change... maybe a nerf for shields but that's a rant for another day...

Last edited:

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
Robin is fine after these buffs.
FTFY. Having speed and a good grab defeats the whole purpose of Robin's projectiles. An Arcfire speed buff would be nice but kind of silly considering all of the good things that Robin has. You can't have a character with only upsides, you know.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I do think giving Robin a little more speed in general would do him/her wonders. As Robin is now, he/she, bluntly put, doesn't stand much of a chance against the more agile characters like Sheik and Zero Suit.

What I would like to see is Robin's attacks having less startup time and ending lag. That alone would make Robin much more formidable. Most of Robin's ground attacks and special attacks are easily punishable. Worse still, when Robin gets caught in a juggle, it's not easy to escape, especially at lower percentages. If Robin was insanely strong like Ike or Ganondorf, then maybe his/her sluggishness would make sense. Also, they need to fix Robin's fire jab so that the opponent cannot shield or dodge right before it connects--as it is now, it is an unreliable combo.

As for power, I think Robin's sword attacks are just fine. What they really need to strengthen is Robin's magick, since that is the core of Robin's playstyle. Robin's back throw and up throw, I feel, could also use more killing potential, and his forward and down throws more hitstun. Since his pummel is so slow, I think that could use more damage than a measly 3%. That would make Robin's risky grab game much more rewarding.

[Shrugs] That's mine input, at any rate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom